Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 359866 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #4530 on: July 19, 2023, 08:26:34 PM »
Has anyone on venture 5.6's replaced the kingpin with a hollow? I want to give it a shot but don't want to buy too long of a kingpin.

I got a set of Venture trucks from someone who changed the regular kingpin out to a hollow and it was the same height as the original kingpin and didn't look at all like it had been changed, eg no hammer marks or anything so I assume he had a press or something similar.

Not to say everything is the same standard size nowdays, but I think most brands that offer replacement kingpins seem to be the same from checking the ones I have had.

More than anything it is just the process in removing and replacing kingpins, which has always been a bit of a struggle, but if you have a press or something similar, then it is a whole lot easier than just hammering the thing out and then hammering a new one in.

The Thunder hollow kingpin seems to be the most common one around, but I know there are others too.  And yes it will fit and work fine.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4531 on: July 19, 2023, 10:16:07 PM »
I’ve always wanted to do it with a krux IKP but the clearance and geo on a venture is pretty good. 

richard00800

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4532 on: July 20, 2023, 01:58:43 AM »
I’ve always wanted to do it with a krux IKP but the clearance and geo on a venture is pretty good.
I tried once on my venture low, it's almost the same clearence as stock one.
and i can't bear the little wobble on IKP, i'd say it's not worth it.
if you need more clearence, use an angle grinder.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4533 on: July 20, 2023, 10:09:14 AM »
As nutty as I am...I actually respect the brand too much....

richard00800

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4534 on: July 20, 2023, 11:01:32 PM »

just measred them, from bottom fo plate to KP top

std 56mm (nut flush)
IKP 53.5mm~54.2mm (crank to max~nut flush(as std))
angle grinder 50~51mm(nut flush)

for someone skate tight trucks may worth a try, grind down the thread on IKP.
but i skate nut flush :/ , KP clearence has always been the issue of venture low.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #4535 on: July 21, 2023, 06:45:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just measred them, from bottom fo plate to KP top

std 56mm (nut flush)
IKP 53.5mm~54.2mm (crank to max~nut flush(as std))
angle grinder 50~51mm(nut flush)

for someone skate tight trucks may worth a try, grind down the thread on IKP.
but i skate nut flush :/ , KP clearence has always been the issue of venture low.

venture loose bushings (or shave your current bushings down) + grind down the KP = clearance

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 20
« Reply #4536 on: July 24, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »
Hit axle today on my back truck! I've been skating them for about six months. I've rotated them once. They went thru four decks and two sets of wheels. I don't see them making past this current deck, today was the first session with it.

I skate standard 6.1s with loose conversion bushings from day one. The gold baseplates are from Venue Skateboard's Venture collab. I bought some 5.2s and swapped the baseplates with the silver from the 6.1s.

I LOVE them. They took a lil getting used to, coming from a lifelong Indy and Ace rider, but once I got used to the turning and wheelbase, I fell in love.

The baseplate is my favorite part. It's HUGE. I love the fact that I have grooves on the inside of my baseplates.

The bushings are fucking awesome too. They don't freeze up in the cold, they make your trucks feel super loose, and they create grind clearance. I'm still barely grinding on the nut or kingpin. Definitely worth the extra $8. I hope they release them in more colors.

I can't wait to expose the axel more. It's motivating me right now to skate as much as much as possible.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4537 on: July 24, 2023, 04:38:29 PM »
Few things are as fun as looking at your grind marks.
I love to look and see what is going on down there. Especially after mashing painted curbs.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Boog

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4538 on: July 25, 2023, 07:59:29 AM »
Few things are as fun as looking at your grind marks.
I love to look and see what is going on down there. Especially after mashing painted curbs.
This.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #4539 on: July 27, 2023, 04:45:55 AM »
Noticed a crack on one of my 5.2 high hangers. :(

Not skated hard or close worn out. Who do I contact at DLXSF?

https://www.dlxsf.com/warranty/

Put some 6.1's on a shortish wb 8.75 yesterday and had a cruise to see how they compare to aces. Did some ollies and kickflips, then bombed a hill. Set em up so they were super loose (removed some washers and messed with some bushings), rattling front truck and pretty squirrelly back. I did feel that even though I was running them looser than my usual setup, they had a stability and return to center that I don't typically feel on ace.

Taking em to some transition today for the true proving ground. If I like how they feel on concrete, then I might fully convert.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #4540 on: July 28, 2023, 03:45:07 PM »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #4541 on: July 29, 2023, 12:01:06 PM »
I emailed Deluxe last week about the V-cast and they said the following.

“There are indeed more V-Cast coming soon! No sneak peeks, but one design dropping very soon, and another in the Fall.”

Makes me think they won’t be basic polished but who knows

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #4542 on: July 29, 2023, 03:01:35 PM »
what is v cast? 

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4543 on: July 29, 2023, 03:40:55 PM »
what is v cast?

Hollow axle cast plate. Like the thunder team hollows. I have some now and I enjoy them.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #4544 on: July 30, 2023, 03:43:52 AM »
About 6 skates in on my second pair of 5.6 standards fuck I love these things. Groove getting there now!. Running doh doh’s 92’s stock washers, working really well for me.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #4545 on: July 30, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »
About 6 skates in on my second pair of 5.6 standards fuck I love these things. Groove getting there now!. Running doh doh’s 92’s stock washers, working really well for me.

i run doh dohs in my 5.2 lows, had the same ones in for like a year now and they're still going strong

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4546 on: July 30, 2023, 04:02:18 PM »
i'm curious, how do the 92 doh dohs compare to stock venture bushings?

Meathook

• Rep: 74
« Reply #4547 on: July 30, 2023, 04:39:59 PM »
They’re not that dissimilar from stock, definitely softer than Indy 92a.  FWIW Indy aftermarket bushings fit venture low and high near perfect enough to use.  I’m riding the blues in 5.2 lows after my stock just crumbled.

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #4548 on: July 30, 2023, 05:52:46 PM »
i'm curious, how do the 92 doh dohs compare to stock venture bushings?

As mentioned quite similar to stock, I find them a little more responsive. I slappy a lot and tend to blow out bushing super quickly especially if I’m skating a 90deg curb. Theses just seem to last longer for me over the stock purple ones.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #4549 on: July 30, 2023, 06:29:48 PM »
I do the Indy hard black ones in my Ventures and love em!

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4550 on: July 30, 2023, 07:16:25 PM »
nice, thanks to everyone for sharing info

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4551 on: July 30, 2023, 10:31:09 PM »
I run bones and love them…..so clearly it’s just the trucks that rule…..

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4552 on: July 31, 2023, 12:45:52 AM »
Which bushings work on Ventures? No way I can find that Venture conversion kit in here and stock feel way too hard.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
« Reply #4553 on: July 31, 2023, 01:55:34 AM »
Which bushings work on Ventures? No way I can find that Venture conversion kit in here and stock feel way too hard.

I really like Polster bushings. The board side Polster bushings measure 14mm, the same as Venture, so they work great in Ventures. The roadside Polster bushing is shorter than stock Venture, but a hair taller than the Venture conversion kit. They haven't split or chunked out yet. They feel robust and stable.

The Venture conversion kit was great until I skated in 4°C weather. They hardened and cracked.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4554 on: July 31, 2023, 02:05:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really like Polster bushings. The board side Polster bushings measure 14mm, the same as Venture, so they work great in Ventures. The roadside Polster bushing is shorter than stock Venture, but a hair taller than the Venture conversion kit. They haven't split or chunked out yet. They feel robust and stable.

The Venture conversion kit was great until I skated in 4°C weather. They hardened and cracked.
Awesome Intel, ty :)
Sadly here in Prague only bushing options are pretty much Socket (local brand, no idea if they're good), Bones and Indy.
Maybe a good idea is to grow a pair and see if the stock ones get better with time (after losing them ofc)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Orangepulp1000

« Reply #4555 on: July 31, 2023, 02:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sadly here in Prague only bushing options are pretty much Socket (local brand, no idea if they're good), Bones and Indy.
Maybe a good idea is to grow a pair and see if the stock ones get better with time (after losing them ofc)

Another thing you can do is just sand down the top bushing 1mm or two and you’ll get exactly the same result loose kit bushings as that’s the only difference . I’ve done it plenty of times just using a spare sheet of grip. Little bit of elbow grease and you’re golden.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4556 on: July 31, 2023, 04:51:27 AM »
I’ve been skating Indy 92a blue top stock bottom. But with this heat and swapping to bones v5 from conical f4s the stability changed so I’m bout to throw the matching 92a bottom in to try and get that stability back

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4557 on: July 31, 2023, 05:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Another thing you can do is just sand down the top bushing 1mm or two and you’ll get exactly the same result loose kit bushings as that’s the only difference . I’ve done it plenty of times just using a spare sheet of grip. Little bit of elbow grease and you’re golden.
This sounds like a nice fix, I'll give it a try. Thx G 👊
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #4558 on: July 31, 2023, 07:10:12 AM »

Stock Indy bushings work great if you want to loosen up your Ventures.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4559 on: July 31, 2023, 07:48:46 AM »
another thing that really helps with a stubborn set of ventures to get them smooth is to wax all the contacts and get some wax in that pivot cup, I feel like that made a bigger difference than any bushing mods. I waxed the hanger where the bushings go and the pivot and it got a stiff pair feeling indy smooth, especially after doing some slappies and bombing some hills. aside from that I think the qc isn't the greatest on ventures, I've had a few pairs ranging from really smooth out of the box to super stiff. they all broke in the same though after skating for a bit.

my last pair if you'd put all your weight on one side you'd just tip the board over and not wheeibite no matter how loose I had them, any attempts to make them looser made them feel like shit. not smooth. did the wax trick and then broke them in and they feel great, all stock.

otherwise yeah indy bushings or whatever aftermarket that fit in indys you can find. always wanted some doh dohs to try for mine but stock usually last long enough for me.