Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 359884 times)

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #4560 on: July 31, 2023, 08:56:09 AM »
I emailed Deluxe last week about the V-cast and they said the following.

“There are indeed more V-Cast coming soon! No sneak peeks, but one design dropping very soon, and another in the Fall.”

Makes me think they won’t be basic polished but who knows

I know there is a skate jawn venture colab happening (there was an ad for it in the newest issue).
Hoping those are v cast. If they already put an ad out that could be the "very soon" set

VCR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #4561 on: July 31, 2023, 06:48:01 PM »
Hopefully they got a 5.8 in the mix

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #4562 on: July 31, 2023, 11:12:12 PM »
Anybody experience the wobble in the pivot with 5.2 lows. I can't ride them as loose as i want cause of this. The trucks wobble horizontally in the pivot yoke even if going straight. More than the acceptable amount. Especialy on rougher terrain.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #4563 on: August 01, 2023, 01:26:00 AM »
hope they release more raw finished trucks..5.8's-6.1's

Boog

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4564 on: August 01, 2023, 07:10:58 AM »
hope they release more raw finished trucks..5.8's-6.1's
Same here homie

Radim

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4565 on: August 04, 2023, 01:58:04 AM »
currently switched from 5.2 V-Lights to V-Hollows.

Any experience with axle bending for V-hollows?
Fountain of Youth since 1995. Thank you Skateboarding!

Creature 8.0 - Venture 5.2 - F4 52/99a

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4566 on: August 04, 2023, 04:12:03 AM »
Are the purple bushings like 98 duro? Still not sure if I should shave down the top bushing or just get Indy bushings
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4567 on: August 04, 2023, 04:38:19 AM »
Are the purple bushings like 98 duro? Still not sure if I should shave down the top bushing or just get Indy bushings

They used to be a lot harder than they are now, so unless you have an old set, then no they haven't been 98 duro since maybe changing over from Street Corner Dist to DLX around 2011 or so, but the exact change I am unsure of in that regard.

Any current truck (from the last few years at least) is going to have 90 duro stock bushings, in purple, red, black, green, clear, etc.  All stock bushings are the same, so they say.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4568 on: August 04, 2023, 04:52:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They used to be a lot harder than they are now, so unless you have an old set, then no they haven't been 98 duro since maybe changing over from Street Corner Dist to DLX around 2011 or so, but the exact change I am unsure of in that regard.

Any current truck (from the last few years at least) is going to have 90 duro stock bushings, in purple, red, black, green, clear, etc.  All stock bushings are the same, so they say.
These V-Lights sure are recent but bushings are super hard, maybe is because como go from AF1 but I know I'm not that of a loose truck skater at all.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4569 on: August 04, 2023, 05:29:20 AM »
Anybody experience the wobble in the pivot with 5.2 lows. I can't ride them as loose as i want cause of this. The trucks wobble horizontally in the pivot yoke even if going straight. More than the acceptable amount. Especialy on rougher terrain.

5.6 v hollow had play in the pivot area. I miss it. I get the same joyous shimmies out of loose bolts and oval plates.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #4570 on: August 04, 2023, 09:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone on venture 5.6's replaced the kingpin with a hollow? I want to give it a shot but don't want to buy too long of a kingpin.
[close]

I got a set of Venture trucks from someone who changed the regular kingpin out to a hollow and it was the same height as the original kingpin and didn't look at all like it had been changed, eg no hammer marks or anything so I assume he had a press or something similar.

Not to say everything is the same standard size nowdays, but I think most brands that offer replacement kingpins seem to be the same from checking the ones I have had.

More than anything it is just the process in removing and replacing kingpins, which has always been a bit of a struggle, but if you have a press or something similar, then it is a whole lot easier than just hammering the thing out and then hammering a new one in.

The Thunder hollow kingpin seems to be the most common one around, but I know there are others too.  And yes it will fit and work fine.
Thanks man, I've been wanting to try a hollow kingpin just to see if it changes the weight at all. I'm somewhat a bigger dude. 6'2" 180lbs., so I've been weary about trying a set of hollow trucks. I've just heard too many stories of peoples axles bending.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4571 on: August 04, 2023, 10:20:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone on venture 5.6's replaced the kingpin with a hollow? I want to give it a shot but don't want to buy too long of a kingpin.
[close]

I got a set of Venture trucks from someone who changed the regular kingpin out to a hollow and it was the same height as the original kingpin and didn't look at all like it had been changed, eg no hammer marks or anything so I assume he had a press or something similar.

Not to say everything is the same standard size nowdays, but I think most brands that offer replacement kingpins seem to be the same from checking the ones I have had.

More than anything it is just the process in removing and replacing kingpins, which has always been a bit of a struggle, but if you have a press or something similar, then it is a whole lot easier than just hammering the thing out and then hammering a new one in.

The Thunder hollow kingpin seems to be the most common one around, but I know there are others too.  And yes it will fit and work fine.
[close]
Thanks man, I've been wanting to try a hollow kingpin just to see if it changes the weight at all. I'm somewhat a bigger dude. 6'2" 180lbs., so I've been weary about trying a set of hollow trucks. I've just heard too many stories of peoples axles bending.

I’m on the cast hollows and I’m 6’1” and like 210 right now. And mine haven’t bent on me. But I’m not skating stairs and shit mostly ledges but I think you’ll be fine.

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #4572 on: August 04, 2023, 10:33:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m on the cast hollows and I’m 6’1” and like 210 right now. And mine haven’t bent on me. But I’m not skating stairs and shit mostly ledges but I think you’ll be fine.
Thank you.
I'll have to give them a shot once I settle on a deck size. I've been contemplating sizing up so this might be the perfect time. Just gotta keep an eye on hardgood sales.

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #4573 on: August 05, 2023, 06:24:38 PM »
Now that 8.5 is like the standard, surely they will consider doing a 5.6 Low, this would be an absolute dream. I’ve always loved my 5.2 lows but I’d love to size up and still skate ventures, 5.6 and 5.8 are cool but if they came as a low that would be so so perfect!

Has anyone heard anything about this being a possibility at all?
mankind is unkind man

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4574 on: August 05, 2023, 07:07:30 PM »
no.....i have given up, and the hi is actually a good truck....and low enough.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4575 on: August 05, 2023, 08:22:36 PM »
no.....i have given up, and the hi is actually a good truck....and low enough.

Re low enough.

Especially if people run them on forged baseplates, but I get it with people who want a low truck that is a bit wider.  Looking at a few sets of the Venture low trucks I have from past eras I can see the sort of setups that were in back then, both 5.0 and 5.2 sizes on 50 mm or smaller wheels and fairly narrow decks, compared to what is around now.

Maybe there is just not enough interest in it for the people in charge, given the bigger wide wheel and at minimum mid to taller height truck trend seems to be more the go.  Mid being 52 - 53 mm in height, which Venture fit right into on forged baseplates.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4576 on: August 05, 2023, 08:54:20 PM »
Now that 8.5 is like the standard, surely they will consider doing a 5.6 Low, this would be an absolute dream. I’ve always loved my 5.2 lows but I’d love to size up and still skate ventures, 5.6 and 5.8 are cool but if they came as a low that would be so so perfect!

Came here to ask this same question. If they made 5.6 lows with cast plates I’d definitely buy them

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4577 on: August 05, 2023, 11:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Came here to ask this same question. If they made 5.6 lows with cast plates I’d definitely buy them

Preaching to the chior fellas
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

AlumarX

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4578 on: August 16, 2023, 05:43:46 PM »
My deck got into an accident, but I had some leftover grip to patch it lol. And since the deck was trash I decided to throw some thunder hangers on venture cast plates and holy hell did this combo feel good. I used the stock venture bushings that I rode for a few months and it turns way better, but the stability is still there and it just rips.

Also, broken-in indy bushings on Venture Lows are perfect. Just enough of a turn to not feel awful.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #4579 on: August 17, 2023, 09:20:14 AM »
My deck got into an accident, but I had some leftover grip to patch it lol. And since the deck was trash I decided to throw some thunder hangers on venture cast plates and holy hell did this combo feel good. I used the stock venture bushings that I rode for a few months and it turns way better, but the stability is still there and it just rips.

Also, broken-in indy bushings on Venture Lows are perfect. Just enough of a turn to not feel awful.

nice Vender trucks

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4580 on: August 17, 2023, 10:23:55 AM »
I'm about to go out and mash the curb rn. I noticed that I'm way less stoked than I was on the 5.8

I find myself day dreaming about the truck as I'm getting ready to go. I really miss it.

I also miss my Glue boards.

I'm on a 14" WB rn and it's good but I'm not gonna front. I like the bigger WB these days.

Also my absolute favorite currently irreplaceable wheels are definitely below 54mm. I been getting caught up on bricks and cracks like woah.

If I don't find more work soon I'm going to die. I'm like 150 lbs.

Edit all the crying
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:44:21 AM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

DeadSquidMask

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4581 on: August 17, 2023, 11:50:03 AM »
I'm about to go out and mash the curb rn. I noticed that I'm way less stoked than I was on the 5.8

I find myself day dreaming about the truck as I'm getting ready to go. I really miss it.

I'm on a 14" WB rn and it's good but I'm not gonna front. I like the bigger WB these days.

Also my absolute favorite currently irreplaceable wheels are definitely below 54mm. I been getting caught up on bricks and cracks like woah.

Edit all the crying

I don’t post much, my opinions carry no weight here, but I think most of your posts are modern poetry and I can relate to this shit right here!

Just spent 2 weeks visiting the family. I finally re-gained about 10-15 pounds of desperately needed body weight. A year of no work and compulsive desperation-skating have really shrunk me down to meth-addict dimensions.

Re: Venture trucks - I just mounted some 5.2 on my 8-inch popsicle, skated 3 very long flipping sessions, and I feel like I’m back in love with my high school girlfriend from 1993. I’m also about the same stature now, 😂.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #4582 on: August 17, 2023, 01:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nice Vender trucks

These are Thuntures.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4583 on: August 17, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Edit all the crying

[close]

I don’t post much, my opinions carry no weight here, but I think most of your posts are modern poetry and I can relate to this shit right here!

Just spent 2 weeks visiting the family. I finally re-gained about 10-15 pounds of desperately needed body weight. A year of no work and compulsive desperation-skating have really shrunk me down to meth-addict dimensions.

Re: Venture trucks - I just mounted some 5.2 on my 8-inch popsicle, skated 3 very long flipping sessions, and I feel like I’m back in love with my high school girlfriend from 1993. I’m also about the same stature now, 😂.

That's good. I'll try the same.
(A)pl(E)

runespliffberg

« Reply #4584 on: August 19, 2023, 07:43:48 PM »
I have some ventures in my spare parts box, bought them for nostalgia, but absolutely hate them after years of skating turny-trucks. They definitely have the coolest branding and I want to like them. These trucks do not turn well, and I hate tic-tacking. Would removing the bottom washer, thus pulling the WB in, and running indy conical bushings help with deeper smoother turns? Or is it just a characteristic of these trucks and I have to accept that I will give these away at the park?

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4585 on: August 19, 2023, 08:00:43 PM »
I think it’s a mix of fresh trucks and QC with venture. Currently have ventures on my board and they turn great, but they were pretty stiff when new. Waxed where the bushings go and the pivot cups, bombed hills and did slappys and they’re super smooth.

Also had a pair that was loose out of the gate and stayed smooth.

I don’t think the green bushings, or flat washers or any of that is necessary to get them feeling good.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4586 on: August 19, 2023, 08:00:55 PM »
I have some ventures in my spare parts box, bought them for nostalgia, but absolutely hate them after years of skating turny-trucks. They definitely have the coolest branding and I want to like them. These trucks do not turn well, and I hate tic-tacking. Would removing the bottom washer, thus pulling the WB in, and running indy conical bushings help with deeper smoother turns? Or is it just a characteristic of these trucks and I have to accept that I will give these away at the park?

Definitely try combinations of this and that if you are already at the point where you just don't want to deal with them any other way.

Removing the bottom washer will make them looser to a degree, but the interesting thing with other trucks like Ace is that with the taller bottom bushing, the trucks turn a whole lot more, so you could even try a taller bottom bushing / lower top bushing combo, or add an extra washer underneath and see how that feels too.

When I did it to other brand trucks, I was surprised that they felt way more turny without going straight to wheelbite, but that was just me.  I had cut off a single mm of top bushing, then put the cut off bit under the hanger with the bottom bushing and it made the biggest difference to how the trucks turned and reacted.

A fun thing to do at least.

Edit:

I think it’s a mix of fresh trucks and QC with venture. Currently have ventures on my board and they turn great, but they were pretty stiff when new. Waxed where the bushings go and the pivot cups, bombed hills and did slappys and they’re super smooth.

Also had a pair that was loose out of the gate and stayed smooth.

I don’t think the green bushings, or flat washers or any of that is necessary to get them feeling good.

Yes the wax between all bushings, washers, etc really does "loosen" everything up a lot when I tried it too.

Sometimes that is all that could be needed to go from feeling too stiff to having a whole lot more turn from the exact same trucks and not changing anything out on them.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #4587 on: August 19, 2023, 08:04:34 PM »

ventures can absolutely be adjusted to turn, significantly, but they are not ace/indy. which to me, is why i like them: ventures turn enough, with noticeably more pop.
but if i was wiggling around, ace/indy.

the loose truck kit for ventures works well

runespliffberg

« Reply #4588 on: August 19, 2023, 09:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ventures can absolutely be adjusted to turn, significantly, but they are not ace/indy. which to me, is why i like them: ventures turn enough, with noticeably more pop.
but if i was wiggling around, ace/indy.

the loose truck kit for ventures works well

I actually switched from Indy/Ace to Thunders with no bottom washer, and they’re super carvy; turn and grind amazing. The Ventures I have are more like a lean, and don’t turn deep enough for me, yet I love the pop I get on them. I was hoping I could modify them like I did on the thunders to turn deeper, but I think the geo is just a little too different (I run cast plates on all trucks for the added height… just throwing that in here). Idk what it is but I just can’t seem to get Ventures to go deep enough for me. I watch Ben Gore skate them and he seems to turn just fine though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #4589 on: August 19, 2023, 09:07:34 PM »
if the turning radius of a truck was matched with a skatepark obstacle....indys are a quarter pipe, aces are a bowled corner, Ventures are a flat bank......