Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 171822 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #2040 on: May 02, 2024, 12:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wait… you fellas reckon he’s gonna up-and-over that cock blocker of a safety railing & THEN clear that gap?!?
Wild take.
I love it.
[close]
I don’t know shit about this, but could he clear a segment of that railing with a cordless angle grinder or something like that? A guy can dream.
[close]
Some cocks can be unblocked

Usually takes a trip to a doctor's office, or at least a lot of soda in a small amount of time.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2041 on: May 02, 2024, 02:25:11 PM »
I can’t look  :-[ be careful, Tyshawn!

lurkluke

• Rep: 180
« Reply #2042 on: May 02, 2024, 04:19:56 PM »
Gram clips get more views than full parts and reach broader audiences. It's an advertiser's wet dream. My wife works in social media marketing and they can pay an influencer $5K for a story and get 2M impressions and ~200K shares OR they can pay that much for a single day ad on a website and get 3M impressions. The shares and engagement are where it's at. Gets and keeps people talking. Whether we like it or not it's more efficient and full lengths are really just for a narrower audience of skaters.

My Dad sent me a picture of TJ ollie'ing over the Ferrari, but he definitely didn't watch Cherry.

Maybe people on Slap don't love King graphics, but I bet once they get more distribution they will become a brand that a lot of kids buy when they're getting one of their first setups just because they've seen a lot of TJ's more "viral" clips.

The problem with using this as a metric is: your dad probably ain't going to buy a King deck.

Anyone trying to sell things on the internet will tell you "views" are meaningless. Traffic isn't a river of gold any more - it's a flood.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2223
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2043 on: May 02, 2024, 08:13:41 PM »
Traffic isn't a river of gold any more - it's a flood.
Sounds kinda tight: where do I sign up to get wet?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2044 on: May 02, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Gram clips get more views than full parts and reach broader audiences. It's an advertiser's wet dream. My wife works in social media marketing and they can pay an influencer $5K for a story and get 2M impressions and ~200K shares OR they can pay that much for a single day ad on a website and get 3M impressions. The shares and engagement are where it's at. Gets and keeps people talking. Whether we like it or not it's more efficient and full lengths are really just for a narrower audience of skaters.

My Dad sent me a picture of TJ ollie'ing over the Ferrari, but he definitely didn't watch Cherry.

Maybe people on Slap don't love King graphics, but I bet once they get more distribution they will become a brand that a lot of kids buy when they're getting one of their first setups just because they've seen a lot of TJ's more "viral" clips.
[close]

The problem with using this as a metric is: your dad probably ain't going to buy a King deck.

Anyone trying to sell things on the internet will tell you "views" are meaningless. Traffic isn't a river of gold any more - it's a flood.

This is true but a lot of the people viewing it will buy supreme clothes and I can definitely see King lining up to follow the FA trajectory, TJ's persona of more of a traditional athlete crossed with all the modelling stuff rather than just a skater and the athletically impressive nature of the stuff he does gives him possibly the most widespread appeal of any skater out right now. Softgoods will be where they make their money for sure but an awful lot of hype beasts buy wall hangers and King graphics are right up their alley, if they do some on trend artist collars on boards they'll sell out easy.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2045 on: May 02, 2024, 09:08:08 PM »
Page 69.

Minimal graphics. Almost blanks. That's what they need.

Like Tony. This is low key the best board I ever had. I got mad tricks on this.

This seller said '89. That's no way. This is in my 1990 promo poster with the gas station shot on the other side. I was doing actual tricks on this. I think it was around the Hobo Tour cuz tech was beginning
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:39:47 AM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CarcassToss

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2046 on: May 02, 2024, 09:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This is true but a lot of the people viewing it will buy supreme clothes and I can definitely see King lining up to follow the FA trajectory, TJ's persona of more of a traditional athlete crossed with all the modelling stuff rather than just a skater and the athletically impressive nature of the stuff he does gives him possibly the most widespread appeal of any skater out right now. Softgoods will be where they make their money for sure but an awful lot of hype beasts buy wall hangers and King graphics are right up their alley, if they do some on trend artist collars on boards they'll sell out easy.

Yup, softgoods, sell some Adidas, buy whatever other Venture he gets into.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2047 on: May 02, 2024, 09:40:58 PM »

Southernmost

• Rep: 122
« Reply #2048 on: May 02, 2024, 10:08:58 PM »

Great work. I like where this is heading.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1332
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2049 on: May 02, 2024, 11:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yup, softgoods, sell some Adidas, buy whatever other Venture he gets into.
I also think if any skater is due for a profile level up, it's Tyshawn. I don't think he's quite Nyjah famous but he could easily out do Nyjah in overall popularity since he doesn't have all of the upbinging baggage or the party boy image that hurts and helps the Jah. Of course, 2022 could have been his peak but that sure doesn't seem to be the case.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

breezy_again

• Rep: 51
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #2050 on: May 03, 2024, 08:22:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i didn't know that you like to get wet

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2223
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2051 on: May 03, 2024, 09:02:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i didn't know that you like to get wet
Here I was thinking they were referring to a literal deluge of ducats & doubloons, while you’re over there thinking they’re talking tinkle typhoons & whatnot.
Perceptions may vary, it turns out: your interpretation sounds kinkier than mine.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 09:12:47 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2052 on: May 03, 2024, 09:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

got a leaked copy of the new supreme vid dropping in November.
Untitled by

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2053 on: May 03, 2024, 10:23:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Untitled by

Stop tryna kill me dog!!!! My old body cant take it
(A)pl(E)

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 285
« Reply #2054 on: May 03, 2024, 01:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Untitled by
He didn't go straight across and went at a weird angle. He needs to go back for it to count

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2055 on: May 03, 2024, 01:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Untitled by
[close]
He didn't go straight across and went at a weird angle. He needs to go back for it to count

That mofos would too. TJ would have been a bad ass additional time traveling guest of mtv sports.

Dan you should go get that japanese skate show. We could call it Dan Cortez's  "Don't Get Focused" and have Andy Roy do all the voices.

Andy Roy is the only thing that could save MTV at this point. We need GG fan videos.

We need an all skatebloarding tv channel. I wanna werk with Ellis. I need to know he really that close to hero? Or is he actually a mean ass jerk pretending to be almost a hero?
(A)pl(E)

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -517
« Reply #2056 on: May 04, 2024, 11:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Untitled by

Photoshop gettin too good these days…

Shtonk

• Rep: -358
« Reply #2057 on: May 04, 2024, 11:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Untitled by
[close]

Photoshop gettin too good these days…

But where is Bill standing? Zoomed in Drone shots trend forecast 2025?

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #2058 on: Today at 07:48:53 AM »
i agree out of any current skater, tyshawn has potential to have be the most popular but do you think he could overtake prime nyjah levels of popularity without doing xgames/olympic/competition stuff? i feel like that's the big hurdle in getting your name out there to people who don't care about skating