Author Topic: The Bunt S04 Episode 08 Ft. Mark Suciu  (Read 3973 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Bunt S04 Episode 08 Ft. Mark Suciu
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »
You can subscribe to the podcast via itunes.
I'm not a huge fan, but from time to time they have good episodes, like the Elijah one, which was gold.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

enter the dankness

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »
anything2mp3.com

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
Fan of Suciu on and off the board. Nice to hear an educated chap once in awhile.

micky682

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:00:31 AM »
Fan of Suciu on and off the board. Nice to hear an educated chap once in awhile.
It kinda just sounds like he uses big words to explain simple concepts to sound smart. AKA every college student.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:39:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It kinda just sounds like he uses big words to explain simple concepts to sound smart. AKA every college student.
or he uses more precise words, since that's what they teach educated people do to communicate their ideas more clearly

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 08:17:06 AM »
I listened to this while I fell asleep last night. Woke up at 6am wondering what the fuck was going on when some trance music or whatever was blasting in my room
Gentleman ninja warlock

bo golden

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »
never listened to The Bunt, no hate, just havent got around to it.......so why does it say that he tricked his way out of skateboarding?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
I listened to this while I fell asleep last night. Woke up at 6am wondering what the fuck was going on when some trance music or whatever was blasting in my room
I've been in this exact situation about three times

buns out

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
Listening to him talk made me feel stupid.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 07:38:36 PM »
This was so much better than Sinclair talking about candy for an hour on the Nine Club.

There is a good story brought up by the Canadians about this part containing no tic tacs:

frontsideoverkrook

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

jesus christ, it's so embarrassing that you think this guy is speaking with overly complicated phraseology. do you speak on a third grade level? the anti-intellectualism in skateboarding is so fuckin annoying... it's actually quite refreshing to hear a skateboarder properly communicate their thoughts without using "sick" and "rad" to describe absolutely everything

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

jesus christ, it's so embarrassing that you think this guy is speaking with overly complicated phraseology. do you speak on a third grade level? the anti-intellectualism in skateboarding is so fuckin annoying... it's actually quite refreshing to hear a skateboarder properly communicate their thoughts without using "sick" and "rad" to describe absolutely everything

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
- Ludwig Wittgenstein

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:34:38 AM »
Nothing gets my dick more rock than when people get so poetically shut down
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 05:25:30 AM »
Not sure what degrees you guys are getting but in my program, we had to take a class on business communication. The main takeaway was that if you don't need to use big words then don't, you don't want to confuse or have others misinterpret what you said.

Didn't listen to the interview yet but I can respect the hate on using big words to explain simple concepts. I've had plenty of times now where someone uses some big words in a meeting and I have to look up what they meant. I usually find out it's just a synonym to a common word that people use all the time.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 06:14:46 AM »
He's a Lit major who lives in the world of academia where Proust > Bukowski. Mark speaks in a manner that expresses his education, intellectual capacity, and socio-economic background.

frontsideoverkrook

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »
Not sure what degrees you guys are getting but in my program, we had to take a class on business communication. The main takeaway was that if you don't need to use big words then don't, you don't want to confuse or have others misinterpret what you said.

Didn't listen to the interview yet but I can respect the hate on using big words to explain simple concepts. I've had plenty of times now where someone uses some big words in a meeting and I have to look up what they meant. I usually find out it's just a synonym to a common word that people use all the time.

yeah well, he doesn't even use big words, like at all... he's just good at speaking his mind coherently- which is unique for a skateboarder. hence the reason why everyone on here is so turned off and confused by it. if you guys can't handle it then stick to shane heyl interviews

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 08:08:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah well, he doesn't even use big words, like at all... he's just good at speaking his mind coherently- which is unique for a skateboarder. hence the reason why everyone on here is so turned off and confused by it. if you guys can't handle it then stick to shane heyl interviews
i'm 15 min in and the biggest word i've heard him use was "ellipses" and he even clarified that it's the "dot dot dots" hahaha

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »
Yo....is that what they're called?........

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, I didn't feel like he was communicating his thoughts very well. I felt like I knew what he was trying to say but he couldn't quite explain himself clearly. I think Cephas and Dono were lost at times. Which is not to say he's not smart. It's just hard to translate somewhat complex thoughts to words in an interview rather than having the time to write them down.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 09:42:28 AM »
You can subscribe to the podcast via itunes.
I'm not a huge fan, but from time to time they have good episodes, like the Elijah one, which was gold.

That's crazy. I've listened to every episode, and his was one of my least favorites.

I'm a huge Elijah fan too.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I didn't feel like he was communicating his thoughts very well. I felt like I knew what he was trying to say but he couldn't quite explain himself clearly. I think Cephas and Dono were lost at times. Which is not to say he's not smart. It's just hard to translate somewhat complex thoughts to words in an interview rather than having the time to write them down.

Nosferatu, I agree that Suciu could articulate a little better. His words are not like his reverts. If he were moving further into "academia," this might be something to work on.

As for the comment above, about "business communication": One could make the argument that any speech act is a "sales pitch," insofar as any given speech act is more or less an argument of some sort. We use words to bring some sort of effect into our social environment. Regardless of what one is trying to achieve with one's speech, one must know one's audience. Generally, I would assume that "Business Communication" speaks to a "no nonsense," corporate executive kind of crowd whose job it is to sit around and listen to people try to sell crap to them. Though they probably make a little money off the podcast (?), I think The Bunt sets out primarily to provide insight into the thoughts and feelings of skateboarders. If a pro skater can manage to express his/herself with some precision, clarity and style, I say all the better for us (the skateboarding community).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
He got caught in a little self involved vortex for a bit there but it's a podcast.....they don't chop it up....they asked a lot of questions about his education and stuff too though and so of course he talks about it a lot.   He was good enough and skating is at a point where luckily he could take a bit of time off.....

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 02:28:24 PM »
let me tap into this underground railroad of knowledge one sec
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here