Author Topic: The Gipper vs Sinclair (Final Chapter)  (Read 25226 times)

chuck d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Gipper vs Sinclair (Final Chapter)
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2016, 06:14:39 PM »
From page ONE of the original Sinclair/Nike thread....

Keep it core brah ;)

When your that big you end up spending a heap on food.

i get the feeling nike executives secretly laugh at how cheaply they have been able to buy skateboarding.

Sell out

This can't be good news for Nike, because this dude is fucking clueless and completely out of touch.

When every skate shoe brand is dead, blame the $$$ hungry people

It's embarrassing what people have let happen to skateboarding.

Fuck you Nike

Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.

Expand Quote
Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.
[close]

This...

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another title for this could be "Adult Has Job"
[close]

This.
[close]

But not a career.......

Expand Quote
This can't be good news for Nike, because this dude is fucking clueless and completely out of touch.
[close]

Haha this. Between Sinclair and Smyth I can't tell which is the worst TM. Both have completely dropped the ball in terms of putting up and coming kids on. Its been touched on hundreds of times in here but they talent they have let come and go is problematic.

And some people gotta cherry pick Gip's criticism? His is one of the few comments that actually substantiates his claim with some sort of reasoning. I'm not one to back the Gipper normally, I think he is generally an obnoxious blowhard douche, but he is almost always an obnoxious blowhard douche on the right side of the argument. Guys like jack torse sound like fucking Muscle Milk pounding jocks. Gipper should have his right to anonymity revoked and his ass beaten a long time ago because his viewpoints, almost always clearly articulated and reasoned, do not meet with your sensitivities favorably? Holy fuck, man. While you hope he never teaches your children, I fucking hope you don't have any. Do you honestly want to raise a generation of children allergic to opposing viewpoints? Maybe you belong less on a skateboarding message board and more on a Trump campaign trail. Does anyone remember when part of being a skateboarder was the inescapable reality that people are going to talk shit on you every single day? That used to be one of the things that separated skateboarders from other children - the strength to disregard adversity and keep doing what you love, no matter what someone else thinks. Goddamn it, maybe skateboarding really has finally died. Buncha pussies can't handle a different opinion and think those voices need to be silenced a la "bet you wouldn't say that IRL!!!" ...And now everyone knows who you really are. A fucking pathetic thin-skinned bro, who probably used to be one of those guys that would stick their head out the car window and shout "skate or die faggot!" gtfo.

jack torse

• Rep: -14
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2016, 06:28:24 PM »
Way to take my words out of context. I never said I would beat him up. I think the problem is that there are a lot of people like you who don't get how to be human. You let your true colors out on fucking message board.  The problem is, if you meet these people in real life you say, "he's really nice." You're a hypocrite and so is RWR. I also said that anonymity is fine but there is a time where you go to far. The skateboarding community is small and people are real. This guy talks shit to normal people who come on here just to enjoy talking about skating. He would never do that in real life, so I think it's cowardly to tell someone they are a piece of shit on here. This isn't about opinion. No one gives a shit about opinion. When people disagree with him, (which he is not usually on the right side of the argument) he get's all Andy Roy on them, instead of just talking about it. It's cowardice, just like your vitriol is cowardice. It does make sense that you would defend him though, you are acting like the bully bro you accuse me of being. Also, no, I don't remember the days of skating where some skateboarder you don't know talks shit to you everyday. Maybe a friend who is being funny, but not some asshole that you don't know that wants you to feel lower than him because he sucks at life.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:38:52 PM by jack torse »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »
It's Cowardice!  :'(
Jack Torse, you do realize you are talking WAY more shit to me than I did to Sinclair, right? Post your facebook, address, and phone number if shit talkers need to put their personal info up, or shut your skatepark-only bitch ass up. You live in the bay? Bomb a fucking hill you park bitch. If you are going to say I need an ass kicking, you better be prepared with your info.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Also, the fact that you are claiming I "slandered" you while simultaneously assuming I was somebody you used to know makes it pretty fucking clear that you are a stone faced liar when it comes to your response. Do I not know what the fuck I'm talking about? Or do I know what I am talking about SO WELL that you actually assumed I personally knew you? Because it can't be both.
[close]

seriously, shut the fuck up already. You are grown man talking shit to kids and adults alike like a coward on an internet forum. Now that everyone knows who you are it's time stop acting like a little kid internet bully douchebag. I don't get the whole sacred anonymity of this place. skateboarding is a small community. We should all know who you are because I'm sure your stupid ass shows up at skate functions and dreams that someone will be nice to you. Instead you're just an insecure child who lashes out at others who take your words as an offense. You talk like you are tough and don't care about how you effect others, but when someone does the equivalent of what you have been doing for years you cry like a girl. I agree that in some cases it is important to be anonymous, but you took it too far. You took it to the point, a long time ago, where someone should have beat your ass. I'm sure you knew that too and that is why you are scared now. I also don't agree with others that it does not matter that you are a teacher. I would never want my child being taught by someone as horrible as you. You need to grow up. You used to mock people for telling you that, but now that we will recognize you when you come to emeryville park, or soma, or town park, or wherever you show up, you are going to have to be respectful. Mike Sinclair, and anyone who works in the industry does not warrant your kind of bullshit. I am glad he did what he did. I do not think that everyone should be outed, but you have lost your anonymous privileges a while ago. You're a fucking geek and now everyone knows who you are. A fucking cry baby.

jack torse

• Rep: -14
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
Jack Torse, you do realize you are talking WAY more shit to me than I did to Sinclair, right? Post your facebook, address, and phone number if shit talkers need to put their personal info up, or shut your skatepark-only bitch ass up. You live in the bay? Bomb a fucking hill you park bitch. If you are going to say I need an ass kicking, you better be prepared with your info.

this is my point, you're a kook.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
post your private info or you lose.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2542
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »
"Skate functions"
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »
"Skate functions"
What, you've never gone to any of the skateboard box socials or picnics?

and Jack Torse:

SlappyBag

• Rep: -3
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2016, 07:30:55 PM »
Do you honestly want to raise a generation of children allergic to opposing viewpoints? Maybe you belong less on a skateboarding message board and more on a Trump campaign trail. Does anyone remember when part of being a skateboarder was the inescapable reality that people are going to talk shit on you every single day? That used to be one of the things that separated skateboarders from other children - the strength to disregard adversity and keep doing what you love, no matter what someone else thinks. Goddamn it, maybe skateboarding really has finally died.
Thank you for saying this.
Reminds me of that college dean who sent out an email about students being offended by hearing opposing views.
With the integration of big companies into skateboarding people seem to think of it as a serious business. We are all adults playing on wooden toys. No one should take themselves so seriously that they can't take a joke or an insult. Realize how silly it is that you even get paid to play with these amazing toys and how silly everything is. Do what you love and say fuck the rest (Independent trucks, just the best).

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »
Can we all just agree that none of this holds a candle to what's been happening to Laremy Tunsil?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2016, 10:10:36 PM »
"Skate functions"
where every guy is the coolest in the room, or greg lutzka

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
This is still garbage.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2016, 10:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
"Skate functions"
[close]
What, you've never gone to any of the skateboard box socials or picnics?

and Jack Torse:
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk who should be more embarrassed, Sinclair or you.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »
So, I know I'm not part of the "cool crowd" on here so most of you won't care what I have to say, but the worst internet bullshit is really coming out in you guys right now. You're really showing your "keyboard warrior" personas at this point and personally, I think it's kind of pathetic...

1. Mike Sinclair is a (fairly) well known skate industry personality who actually takes the time out of his busy life to come on here and talk to you guys. A guy like Ronald Wilson Regan, or "Gipper" is a guy who hides behind a computer screen and talks shit to people constantly. According to Mike, he's been talking shit to him for years, relentlessly and without provocation. Who do I respect more? The guy who everyone already knows who he is and is nice enough to come here and talk to everyone...Not the dude who anonymously talks shit to everyone in almost every thread and gets off on arguing with random people day and night on the internet.

2.  I'd be willing to bet that 99% of you don't have the sack to walk up to Mike Sinclair's face and talk the shit that you're talking here, or call him the names that you are. If you saw him standing outside of a Chilis or whatever, almost none of you would walk up to him and say what you're saying online out of fear that he or one of the people that he's with would beat your ass. In fact, I'd guess that most of you would be starstruck in real life and probably kiss his ass and not even reveal that you're a "SLAP pal" or that you "have Gipper's back."

3. Hating on Mike because he actually did something with his life in the skate industry just sounds like petty jealousy to me...You can all swear up and down that being a rep for Tum Yeto, or the Foundation TM, or even working with the Nike SB program wouldn't be a dream job for you, but until it's offered to you and you turn it down I don't believe it for a second. And you can all say, "Well, if I had his job I'd be a better representative for the brand", or, "I wouldn't be a kook like him", or, "I would never sell my soul to Nike!", but until you're in those shoes, you have nothing to say. Sure, you can have opinions, but attacking him relentlessly over the internet is ridiculous.

4. Lastly, I'll share a story about Mike Sinclair and SLAP; A few years ago I had a very good friend who had a wife and a very good job who was hit with some bad luck and became deathly ill suddenly. He spent months in the hospital, lost one of his lungs, and he and his wife were very close to losing their home and everything they had worked so hard to gain. We decided to hold a benefit for them in which we would be raffling off a bunch of stuff and because he and I (and many of our mutual friends) are skaters, I thought it would be cool to try and get some skate related stuff to make some baskets for the raffle. I hit up a bunch of distribution and skate companies and most of them didn't even reply back to me, which I expected. I sent Mike a DM here and he replied and said "he'd see what he could do" and to send him my address. Soon after there was a package from Tum Yeto sitting on my doorstep with Foundation decks, Pig wheels, stickers, etc...Now, Mike doesn't know me from the next guy. He doesn't know my friend who was sick either. But he took the time and pushed it through to send a package across the country to help us out. You guys might only see the persona that he puts out there, but I saw a side of him that showed kindness and generosity, and a willingness to help out some fellow skaters in need. That shows me what kind of person he is and I'll back him based on that alone.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
^Just shut the fuck up dude

casper

« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2016, 10:47:28 AM »
Am i missing something here? is this all over some guy that has talked shit on people for years from behind a keyboard , gets outed for being a troll and he's upset?
That's funny.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »
Am i missing something here? is this all over some guy that has talked shit on people for years from behind a keyboard , gets outed for being a troll and he's upset?
That's funny.

Yeah because hes the only that talks shit on here? Also Sinclair posted his facebook on his instagram, he has 18k followers. Sinclair is the one that got so upset for a random dude who he never met that talks shit on SLAP about him, we all talk shit on SLAP. If gipper wants to be anonymous on a message board where basically majority of people are too, he and them have that right. Gipper doesn't even say anything that fucking bad and people are like "I wouldn't let my kids go to that school he teaches". The only thing i seen a red flag from him is when he was giving it to cigarettebeer and yeah that dude is just a fucking idiot and stirs up more shit than Gipper. 

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
So, I know I'm not part of the "cool crowd" on here so most of you won't care what I have to say, but the worst internet bullshit is really coming out in you guys right now. You're really showing your "keyboard warrior" personas at this point and personally, I think it's kind of pathetic...

1. Mike Sinclair is a (fairly) well known skate industry personality who actually takes the time out of his busy life to come on here and talk to you guys. A guy like Ronald Wilson Regan, or "Gipper" is a guy who hides behind a computer screen and talks shit to people constantly. According to Mike, he's been talking shit to him for years, relentlessly and without provocation. Who do I respect more? The guy who everyone already knows who he is and is nice enough to come here and talk to everyone...Not the dude who anonymously talks shit to everyone in almost every thread and gets off on arguing with random people day and night on the internet.

2.  I'd be willing to bet that 99% of you don't have the sack to walk up to Mike Sinclair's face and talk the shit that you're talking here, or call him the names that you are. If you saw him standing outside of a Chilis or whatever, almost none of you would walk up to him and say what you're saying online out of fear that he or one of the people that he's with would beat your ass. In fact, I'd guess that most of you would be starstruck in real life and probably kiss his ass and not even reveal that you're a "SLAP pal" or that you "have Gipper's back."

3. Hating on Mike because he actually did something with his life in the skate industry just sounds like petty jealousy to me...You can all swear up and down that being a rep for Tum Yeto, or the Foundation TM, or even working with the Nike SB program wouldn't be a dream job for you, but until it's offered to you and you turn it down I don't believe it for a second. And you can all say, "Well, if I had his job I'd be a better representative for the brand", or, "I wouldn't be a kook like him", or, "I would never sell my soul to Nike!", but until you're in those shoes, you have nothing to say. Sure, you can have opinions, but attacking him relentlessly over the internet is ridiculous.

4. Lastly, I'll share a story about Mike Sinclair and SLAP; A few years ago I had a very good friend who had a wife and a very good job who was hit with some bad luck and became deathly ill suddenly. He spent months in the hospital, lost one of his lungs, and he and his wife were very close to losing their home and everything they had worked so hard to gain. We decided to hold a benefit for them in which we would be raffling off a bunch of stuff and because he and I (and many of our mutual friends) are skaters, I thought it would be cool to try and get some skate related stuff to make some baskets for the raffle. I hit up a bunch of distribution and skate companies and most of them didn't even reply back to me, which I expected. I sent Mike a DM here and he replied and said "he'd see what he could do" and to send him my address. Soon after there was a package from Tum Yeto sitting on my doorstep with Foundation decks, Pig wheels, stickers, etc...Now, Mike doesn't know me from the next guy. He doesn't know my friend who was sick either. But he took the time and pushed it through to send a package across the country to help us out. You guys might only see the persona that he puts out there, but I saw a side of him that showed kindness and generosity, and a willingness to help out some fellow skaters in need. That shows me what kind of person he is and I'll back him based on that alone.

$1 paypal'd to the guy who photoshops a picture of sinclair in front of a chili's.
good come sausage

casper

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »
Expand Quote
That's funny.
[close]

Yeah because hes the only that talks shit on here? Also Sinclair posted his facebook on his instagram, he has 18k followers. Sinclair is the one that got so upset for a random dude who he never met that talks shit on SLAP about him, we all talk shit on SLAP. If gipper wants to be anonymous on a message board where basically majority of people are too, he and them have that right. Gipper doesn't even say anything that fucking bad and people are like "I wouldn't let my kids go to that school he teaches". The only thing i seen a red flag from him is when he was giving it to cigarettebeer and yeah that dude is just a fucking idiot and stirs up more shit than Gipper.  

Oh ok. Well that's pretty silly.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »
my sentiments exactly.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
  ^I'm reading the post up there, it seemed reasonable, but then he says "you'd prolly meet Mike Sinclair and be starstruck, and kiss his ass"   -What?  Explain.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
  ^I'm reading the post up there, it seemed reasonable, but then he says "you'd prolly meet Mike Sinclair and be starstruck, and kiss his ass"   -What?  Explain.

I know man this dingus doesn't understand that I've seen a real dog drive a real car before.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »
gibber's whole schtick is relentlessly bullying/picking on others. sinclair crossed the line by posting gib's personal info. i think it's disingenuous to 100% side with either.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
  ^Maybe slightly "disingenuous"- sure,  but it is 'hypocritical' to post anonymously yourself and not back "gipper' 100%  (nome sayin?)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:40:28 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »

edit: don't worry, dog was sober

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
How much longer will it be till we cross that Mason-Dixon line

shit_for_brains

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:43 AM »

He's sober like I'm sober. We're just not wasted.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »
 ^Maybe slightly "disingenuous"- sure,  but it is 'hypocritical' to post anonymously yourself and not back "gipper' 100%  (nome sayin?)
suggesting that i have to choose one of them is absurd. they both did awful shit. i back the driving dog instead.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:04:10 PM by Iceman »

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's sober like I'm sober. We're just not wasted.
Tramadol doesn't count.