Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 789293 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8940 on: April 23, 2024, 10:00:28 PM »
Not much vulc talk in this thread. What's everyone's preferred Numeric vulc? 272? 574?

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8941 on: April 23, 2024, 11:52:37 PM »
God I want to try them. Stuck on the 440v2's and 480's. Favorites by far. The 574 has been on the mind.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 83
« Reply #8942 on: April 24, 2024, 12:04:07 AM »
I've tried 306, 574 and 417. 574 fit my foot best, and was therefore my fav. Its closest to a Nike Blazer of those 3. I believe the 272 to be very similar in fit to the 574, but with better heelflips duo to the plastic/rubber they have on the heel area.
But i'm stuck in the cupsole world atm, and wont be trying them I think. I just love cups!

ToasterBiscuitz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8943 on: April 24, 2024, 05:43:41 AM »
Can we please get the cupsole 574’s back?
Nobody was more hyped than me to see the wide shoes again, times were getting desperate… but these Vulcs feel like bricks on your feet. They weigh a ton compared to the old cupsoles and personally not seeing increased board feel (I do use custom insoles though). + what’s with the “now for skateboarding” ads? Giving an Orwellian vibe no bueno amigos.
The 440v2’s are alright but I am waiting for those 2e high top v2’s.
Just left the many new 574 vulcs I bought at home in favor of my last good pair of cupsoles on my recent trip to Barcelona. Those vulcs were gonna put me over the airline’s bag weight limit hahaha.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8944 on: April 24, 2024, 03:40:59 PM »
v impressed with how long this tom knox shoe has lasted

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #8945 on: April 25, 2024, 09:54:44 AM »
303 is having a release party for the Jeremy Fish 480s 4/26; do we have a release date on the shoe yet?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #8946 on: April 25, 2024, 10:59:52 AM »
303 is having a release party for the Jeremy Fish 480s 4/26; do we have a release date on the shoe yet?

I’d guess Saturday based on previous rollouts, but that does seem quick

rikki

• Rep: 290
« Reply #8947 on: April 25, 2024, 11:58:22 AM »

I know, right? My pair's lasted for like 6 months now. At the end of the cycle now, though, but shit's been durable.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8948 on: April 25, 2024, 12:55:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely quick considering the NB social hasn't posted anything promoting it yet.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 61
« Reply #8949 on: April 26, 2024, 06:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know, right? My pair's lasted for like 6 months now. At the end of the cycle now, though, but shit's been durable.
On my second pair right now. Got my first at Christmas and they’re still solid. Just couldn’t resist the green/black colorway. I don’t think I’ll be skating any other shoe for the foreseeable future.

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8950 on: April 26, 2024, 08:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Definitely quick considering the NB social hasn't posted anything promoting it yet.

NB site has "Available 05/06/2024 at 12:00 am (US/Eastern)"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8951 on: April 26, 2024, 09:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

NB site has "Available 05/06/2024 at 12:00 am (US/Eastern)"

Midnight @ 303s website - special box

NB has a pretty ordered release system, which is why I guessed tomorrow
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 09:21:24 AM by Atiba Applebum »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8952 on: April 26, 2024, 09:21:16 AM »
Got some Synthetic 272s on the way. Pretty stoked to try a Numeric vulc that is not a 212 (my personal flimsy fav that is no more). Want to try 574 vulcs next.

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
« Reply #8953 on: April 26, 2024, 12:00:00 PM »
303 will sell them at their release party and online, then other skate shops will put them up and sell them the following Friday, May 3 for those that want to snag them from their local. 

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8954 on: April 26, 2024, 06:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
303 will sell them at their release party and online, then other skate shops will put them up and sell them the following Friday, May 3 for those that want to snag them from their local.
Much obliged, Rothdigga!

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8955 on: April 27, 2024, 10:38:09 AM »
Following up after my post a while back. After years of being cupsole curious, I finally decided to try out the 440 V2 but was bummed that the wides sold out instantly on the NB site. I checked again a few days ago and the new black/gum colorway had ONE more wide in my size, so I bit the bullet.

Got them yesterday, and am excited to skate them soon. This will be, without a doubt, the most radical departure in my skating setup in more than a decade. I can’t remember life skating before vulcs.

Only complaint is they only came with one set of laces. Pretty disappointing considering how skater-first NB Numeric is.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #8956 on: April 27, 2024, 01:02:23 PM »
Finally got to try the 480, the arch support gives it a weird pressure point on the outside of my foot but I think it should break in and get better? Anyone else have this issue?

ugh, right there with you

it mellows out but in my opinion still feels odd

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #8957 on: April 27, 2024, 03:12:09 PM »
Following up after my post a while back. After years of being cupsole curious, I finally decided to try out the 440 V2 but was bummed that the wides sold out instantly on the NB site. I checked again a few days ago and the new black/gum colorway had ONE more wide in my size, so I bit the bullet.

Got them yesterday, and am excited to skate them soon. This will be, without a doubt, the most radical departure in my skating setup in more than a decade. I can’t remember life skating before vulcs.

Only complaint is they only came with one set of laces. Pretty disappointing considering how skater-first NB Numeric is.

When is the last time a skate shoe came with extra laces? For me I think it was the 90’s? NB should bring back the extra laces/stickers/key chains of yesteryear.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8958 on: April 27, 2024, 04:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When is the last time a skate shoe came with extra laces? For me I think it was the 90’s? NB should bring back the extra laces/stickers/key chains of yesteryear.

Plenty do.  My local features them on one horizontal lace loop on the shoe wall.    It’s at least over half

The Vu 440s came with extra laces and a black light key chain. (Maybe that’s why they cost a little more).

marcusbutler

« Reply #8959 on: April 27, 2024, 05:34:13 PM »
My 480's came with extra laces. I think the ishod 2's came with some and the blazers came with extra laces.

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 14
« Reply #8960 on: April 27, 2024, 07:03:21 PM »
The regular production 440V2 colorways only come with one pair of laces. I have bought 3 pairs and all had one pair of laces.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #8961 on: April 27, 2024, 07:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Every time a set of shoes doesn’t come with laces im convinced some homie at the shop or whatever took them shits. I only say that because I had a homie who worked at vans and that dude used to take every extra set of laces.

I’ve also bought two pairs of the same shoe and had one come with laces and one not. Do concur with the keychains and shit tho

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #8962 on: April 27, 2024, 10:40:43 PM »
If they came with Keychains I'd have enough 440 ones to sink a small ship.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8963 on: April 27, 2024, 11:15:53 PM »
I'm all in for the extra laces come back since is needed but nobody needs to be hoarding keychains, we're not 14 anymore.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

marcusbutler

« Reply #8964 on: April 28, 2024, 09:19:27 AM »
If I can get at least $10 dollars off the cost of some shoes. I'll do without the box, extra laces, and paper inserts. Shit, I could do without the laces in the shoes all together. Put my shit in a plastic bag and ship it. Fuck dem turtles.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8965 on: April 28, 2024, 09:47:25 AM »
Lack of spare laces is bad practice for sure. Especially if the shoe color 'requires' a certain color lace... c'mon NB it's a small thing that goes a long way.

Speaking of laces are the laceless/ slip on Numerics done?

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8966 on: April 28, 2024, 04:12:40 PM »
If I can get at least $10 dollars off the cost of some shoes. I'll do without the box, extra laces, and paper inserts. Shit, I could do without the laces in the shoes all together. Put my shit in a plastic bag and ship it. Fuck dem turtles.

This. 

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8967 on: April 28, 2024, 07:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bought two pairs of shoes other day- 1 converse 1 Nike.

Both had extra pair of laces in alternate color.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #8968 on: April 29, 2024, 12:32:15 AM »
Any numeric release for the gray day? Maybe the 480, 574 or the 600 this year...

dstrytruitt

« Reply #8969 on: April 29, 2024, 10:25:32 AM »
First session in 440 v2 and I’m really digging them. I’ve been skating the 480 and while it’s great I like the added boardfeel of the 440 while still not sacrificing support for my old hips and back with the solid arch support.