Author Topic: BA x Reda For The World x Vice Media  (Read 72507 times)

McCly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
Re: BA x Reda For The World x Vice Media
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2016, 10:39:37 AM »

I have no idea how to use photoshop.

Make it Prince purple and it's perfect.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
Almost seemed like Alex was all "oh he's gay? Maybe I should have rode for 3d. Do you think he'll call me 917?"

There is a few people on YouTube that "can't accept" that ba is gay. Lame

Alex Olson ("I like him more now"), Staba ("I thought he was from a normal family"? What the fuck?), and the dick question in the credits were the worst parts.

Biebel and Omar were the best.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
BA had me at MODUS.
Maybe earlier if I had known him before. But that part is seriously one of my fav parts ever.

The coolest thing is that 'the skate-scene' was so respectful to him and kept it a 'secret'. No one called him out, made fun of it even though it was more than 'well' knowen within the skate scene.
Same goes with the whole unfortunate Dylan 'thing' (sorry I can't think of a better word).

I'm glad they leave these guys be...

Respect BA, today I wore your Project BA to work with ven more comfort and pride.

Yo

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Almost seemed like Alex was all "oh he's gay? Maybe I should have rode for 3d. Do you think he'll call me 917?"

[close]

Alex Olson ("I like him more now"), Staba ("I thought he was from a normal family"? What the fuck?), and the dick question in the credits were the worst parts.

That was borderline offensive and something an 11 year old would ask. Phelps dick suck joke didn't work either. REALLY wish Donny Barley had something to say, since he essentially made BA's career. Elissa would have been nice to hear from a well. Also is BA from a cult or a Mormon family or some shit? 11 sisters and 2 brothers? That's insane!

On another note as someone already said should we be patting ourselves on the back?... No, it took too long for this to happen, the fact BA had to wait for more progressive times and sneak around during tours fucking sucks. He should have been free and accepted as early as Toy, but no, we kill gay skaters with bricks, or beat them to death then convert to Christianity before we die.

The biggest takeaway from this is that BA seems finally comfortable in his skin, and I love him for that, but it still sucks it took so long.

foureyedjim

« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That was borderline offensive and something an 11 year old would ask. Phelps dick suck joke didn't work either. REALLY wish Donny Barley had something to say, since he essentially made BA's career. Elissa would have been nice to hear from a well. Also is BA from a cult or a Mormon family or some shit? 11 sisters and 2 brothers? That's insane!

On another note as someone already said should we be patting ourselves on the back?... No, it took too long for this to happen, the fact BA had to wait for more progressive times and sneak around during tours fucking sucks. He should have been free and accepted as early as Toy, but no, we kill gay skaters with bricks, or beat them to death then convert to Christianity before we die.

The biggest takeaway from this is that BA seems finally comfortable in his skin, and I love him for that, but it still sucks it took so long.

I'd rather the skate community be overly positive than being high and mighty (like some people) and say stuff like "I never cared about sexual orientation, this isn't news."

Nothing changs for us straight folk, but can't say the same for gay skaters.  Like BA said, when "faggot" and "gay" gets tossed around in regular conversation with no tact, what are gay skaters that still haven't come out supposed to feel/think?  I think that many skateboarders have always been relatively open minded in regards to sexual orientation, but I also wouldn't exactly call the skate scene up till now "gay friendly" either.  To have a public figure come out as gay and have this overwhelming public display of support goes a long way in changing the way skateboarders deal with sexual orientation. 

manute bol

• Rep: 5
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
The DLX site is currently down. Hopefully we see a B.A. board soon.

Also, am i the only person who didn't like his shoe?  They looked great but felt awful after an hour or so of wearing them.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd rather the skate community be overly positive than being high and mighty (like some people) and say stuff like "I never cared about sexual orientation, this isn't news."

Nothing changs for us straight folk, but can't say the same for gay skaters.  Like BA said, when "faggot" and "gay" gets tossed around in regular conversation with no tact, what are gay skaters that still haven't come out supposed to feel/think?  I think that many skateboarders have always been relatively open minded in regards to sexual orientation, but I also wouldn't exactly call the skate scene up till now "gay friendly" either.  To have a public figure come out as gay and have this overwhelming public display of support goes a long way in changing the way skateboarders deal with sexual orientation. 
Here's a text I got from my friend yesterday.
"Mike and I were talking a while back about how hard it must have been for you growing up with a lot of our own "friends" saying "faggots" and being super homophobic"
It was hard but I became immune to it unless it was directed toward me in a homophobic fashion. That's when feelings get hurt.

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »

Killed it, I think you do have an idea. I really hope BA sees this.

I seriously hope he milks this for every last cent he can get out of it. He deserves it, especially if Dyrdek can sell fucking Meaty boards. My next board is a BA, whatever company it comes out on. What's up with that rainbow joint Sam Smyth had? Girl guest board?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2016, 01:03:49 PM »

Also, am i the only person who didn't like his shoe? �They looked great but felt awful after an hour or so of wearing them.

If you're talking about the nike ones, yeah you are the only one. I've seen people not liking how they skate but never heard anyone saying they are unconfortable. They are my fav skateshoe ever (sadly gone). Thank you BA for doing such a great shoe!!

Actually this reminded me of a friend of mine that made some jokes about my shoes because they had the pink sole and how they were "so gay". He also was shocked when i told him about BA being gay rumor, since he was one of his favs in the past. Never really understood if he was bummed or just surprised but I hope he understands that it doesnt change or take away nothing from BA achievements.

Also, fuck those dudes who say "who cares?" Or "why is this news, keep it personal"?. Those people are the worst and dont understand that ther's still a problem and we need to talk about it until it's not a issue anymore. Deminishing his courage is dumb and selfish.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »
I wanted to like the Project BA but didn't. Not my scene. Sold them to someone here.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2016, 01:43:33 PM »
I wanted to like the Project BA but didn't. Not my scene. Sold them to someone here.

But they were unconfortable to you? People seem to love them for being comfy, but some dont like how thick the sole was to skate in (less boardfeel).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:02:43 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But they were unconfortable to you? People seem to love them for being comfy, but some dont like how thick the sole was to skate in (less boardfeel).

They weren't so comfortable that I found it noteworthy.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2016, 02:33:09 PM »
What does he think about bear skateboarders and black dudes? Asking for a friend.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote
That was awesome. Good on him.

But it's embarrassing this is happening in skating five years later than in rugby (the other sport I practiced/follow)......

[close]

Yes!

Lee Ralph fan club and picking up on this? kiwi alert!

as for the shoe, I've been googling it from time to time, hoping to find deadstock. Loved'em! not for skating though.

anyways I think for younger guys, younger than him, it's hard to understand how close minded and tight the 90's skate scene was. Doing a boneless or railslide was taboo in cool circles (you can't noseslide or nollie??). nevermind coming out. So I'm also of the opinion it took too long!

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
I know its wrong and there is no rationale to it but for some reason I just have trouble accepting him riding shaped boards, probably just a fear that it equates to him slowing down.

Nothing but respect for him coming out, he really does seem unhateable.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
Wow, BA on the front page of HuffPost. Bluto comments highlighted and all.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/skateboarder-brian-anderson-gay_us_57eae21ae4b0c2407cda49ff?section=&

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »
I know its wrong and there is no rationale to it but for some reason I just have trouble accepting him riding shaped boards, probably just a fear that it equates to him slowing down.

BA has skated shaped boards for years.
When he was up here on the beauty and the beast tour he skated an Alien Workshop dinosaur JR one and also a Skull Skates dead guys deck.
Girl also did the powerslide series decks twice, so it's not new.
When he films he usually rides standard decks, nothing about shaped decks means slowing down.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
BA has skated shaped boards for years, nothing about shaped decks means slowing down.

Seriously this, theres a video out there of his quiver of boards at one point and the variety of shapes he had kicking around was insipring

Haven't said anything on here about B.A coming out, showed my girlfriend the video and she was hyped. I'm proud that it was him, it just seems like two puzzle pieces finally coming together

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nothing changs for us straight folk, but can't say the same for gay skaters.� Like BA said, when "faggot" and "gay" gets tossed around in regular conversation with no tact, what are gay skaters that still haven't come out supposed to feel/think?� I think that many skateboarders have always been relatively open minded in regards to sexual orientation, but I also wouldn't exactly call the skate scene up till now "gay friendly" either.� To have a public figure come out as gay and have this overwhelming public display of support goes a long way in changing the way skateboarders deal with sexual orientation.�

I feel you, this is a happy thing and for so many others to be stoked makes it better. I grew up 80's 90's and yea we said "That's gay" and "Faggot" but not once did we ever have a hatred of homosexuals or use those words in a derogatory fashion/to a gay person. In fact, I was logging old HI-8 tapes few weeks back and there was a part, I'm filming this roller-blader panning up and down saying "Here's your standard faggot" I felt bad watching it and even though it was like 22 years ago I don't want to upload my blader hater footage with such words.

But on another note, some of my gay friends are very non-pc with their language. My lesbian friend insists UFC fighters are gay for wrestling around and my friend 'lil Caleb is at the bar all like, "Man that guy's sexy, I hope he's a faggot" lol

Here's another one for my gay bear loving brethren. I fucking love these guys

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
I thinkBA does a great job of explaining why that kind of language is lame even if it's not intended to be homophobic in that video. You don't know who you know who is gay and getting shamed by your words
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:10 PM »

Also, am i the only person who didn't like his shoe?  They looked great but felt awful after an hour or so of wearing them.

Damn it.....it was just a website refresher: http://www.dlxsf.com

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2016, 06:14:36 PM »

Backing this.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »
What does he think about bear skateboarders and black dudes? Asking for a friend.
Yeah, im as straight as the next guy but I take that whole 'I'm not into skaters' as a challenge. I bet I could totally make out w/ BA. Whoah, whoah. I see you gay agenda!

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2016, 07:12:59 PM »
Is Andrew Allen enough of a bear? Also, as a twink it's upsetting to know that it's not just women who won't fuck me.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
Is Andrew Allen enough of a bear? Also, as a twink it's upsetting to know that it's not just women who won't fuck me.

I think he's a Fat Otter.   I think that's a thing

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2016, 07:47:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what about fred gall?

quimtime

« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what about fred gall?
maybe BA is getting more than shoes from scuba ...

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he's a Fat Otter.� �I think that's a thing

otters definitely a thing. my coworker said he considers himself an otter, I think he said baby otter? he ain't fat so he's an otter of some sort. that's cool bc otters are cute
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

shit_for_brains

« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
In my very first apartment I was awoken in the middle of the night to a duck screaming because otters were eating all her babies.