Author Topic: R.I.P. Lewis Marnell  (Read 42646 times)

DopeMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
  • Get Money Addict
R.I.P. Lewis Marnell
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
Saw on instagram people were posting about him passing away....Does anybody know how?

cheesychip

• Rep: -3
Re: R.I.P. Lewis Marnell
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »
there was a thread before dude - but seems to have been deleted. maybe because of snowman i don't know

FYI snowman is at it again on the Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't thread - get rid
''Your talk,'' I said, "is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand.''
― Flann O'Brien,

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
I believe Diabetes and not taking his insulin, i'm sure there is more to it. All i heard so far.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000172216/news/lewis-marnell-r-i-p/
Lewis Marnell, R.I.P.
By TWS
Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:11 am |
"We're very sad to share the news that Lewis Marnell has passed away. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family. We have no more details at this time. Rest in peace Lewis, your memory will live on forever."

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »
Damn shame.. The good die young..

I met him during an almost tour a few years ago and talked heaps about traveling, skateboarding, weed and music. We kept in touch and he gave me lots of advice on traveling. Crazy shit is he just got married too. Hope his family and friends are holding up well.  I just watched his ill part in SB Chronicles Vol 1.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »
really bummed on this, I loved this guys skating, his nollie 360 flips were a thing of beauty!

I want to know what happened.

if this is really true, Rest In Power!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:22:07 AM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steenz

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »
damn rip

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
This is pretty sad. Too young man. R.I.P.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
really bummed on this, I loved this guys skating, his nollie 360 flips were a thing of beauty!

I want to know what happened.

if this is really true, Rest In Power!

sad, but true. All the major skate mags posted about Lewis' passing.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
there was a thread before dude - but seems to have been deleted. maybe because of snowman i don't know

FYI snowman is at it again on the Skaters that a lot of people like but you don't thread - get rid
[close]
You guys make me feel so important.  I wish I could have read a well articulated response to what I stated earlier instead of someone just deleting a whole thread that included hundreds of responses from other people before I even said anything.  If you don't want to hear my opinion there's a button somewhere near this text where you can go to never hear from me again.  But to delete a thread because you don't like what one person says, that's about as low as burning books so people don't know the truth.  I'll post what I said earlier and hopefully this thread won't get deleted.  If people don't like what I say I really would like a well articulated response as to why they disagree with me so I can better understand it.  However, I don't feel any sadness in hearing that he died aside from the fact that this is going to bring more publicity to his name than ever before and it is going to be capitalized on from the company he sold his soul to.
(Original Post)
Lewis Marnell former Nike team rider dies of diabetes oooohh that sounds super marketable for Nike I mean he still is under contract right? im not going to feel bad for the dude because by riding for Nike he probably stole the livelihoods of a lot of skaters that were supporting the people that supported them. Nike bought him because he gave off this pure, self conscious image of a guy who wouldn't do something bad and that's the exact opposite of what he actually did and will probably be most known for at his death. Lewis Marnell deceased Nike rider. I can't wait for them to release his unseen footage and slap a Nike logo right in front of it. I don't know exactly how he died but if it would have been a long and costly death, I am quite certain Nike would have dumped him in a heartbeat if they couldn't profit from it. And he, Lewis Marnell, supported people like that and helped them destroy their competitors that probably would help someone in a time of need like that. Good riddance.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:49:36 AM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cheesychip

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You guys make me feel so important. �I wish I could have read a well articulated response to what I stated earlier instead of someone just deleting a whole thread that included hundreds of responses from other people before I even said anything. �If you don't want to hear my opinion there's a button somewhere near this text where you can go to never hear from me again. �But to delete a thread because you don't like what one person says, that's about as low as burning books so people don't know the truth. �I'll post what I said earlier and hopefully this thread won't get deleted. �If people don't like what I say I really would like a well articulated response as to why they disagree with me so I can better understand it. �However, I don't feel any sadness in hearing that he died aside from the fact that this is going to bring more publicity to his name than ever before and it is going to be capitalized on from the company he sold his soul to.
(Original Post)
Lewis Marnell former Nike team rider dies of diabetes oooohh that sounds super marketable for Nike I mean he still is under contract right? im not going to feel bad for the dude because by riding for Nike he probably stole the livelihoods of a lot of skaters that were supporting the people that supported them. Nike bought him because he gave off this pure, self conscious image of a guy who wouldn't do something bad and that's the exact opposite of what he actually did and will probably be most known for at his death. Lewis Marnell deceased Nike rider. I can't wait for them to release his unseen footage and slap a Nike logo right in front of it. I don't know exactly how he died but if it would have been a long and costly death, I am quite certain Nike would have dumped him in a heartbeat if they couldn't profit from it. And he, Lewis Marnell, supported people like that and helped them destroy their competitors that probably would help someone in a time of need like that. Good riddance.

A lot of what you are saying isn't even coherent though? and you're being overly-assumptious about this? Low as people burning books so they don't know the truth? You don't know the truth yet though, no one does. There are some people who view the slap forum who in all likelihood will have known Lewis personally at some stage and this is a time of mourning for them. In terms of the thread for skaters who didn't, appreciation. If you haven't got something nice to say in this situation then don't say anything at all?

I don't even know why I'm giving you the time of day, bit it's because you're so thick
''Your talk,'' I said, "is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand.''
― Flann O'Brien,

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
Fuck you Snowman you self-righteous piece of shit.

janky858

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You guys make me feel so important.  I wish I could have read a well articulated response to what I stated earlier instead of someone just deleting a whole thread that included hundreds of responses from other people before I even said anything.  If you don't want to hear my opinion there's a button somewhere near this text where you can go to never hear from me again.  But to delete a thread because you don't like what one person says, that's about as low as burning books so people don't know the truth.  I'll post what I said earlier and hopefully this thread won't get deleted.  If people don't like what I say I really would like a well articulated response as to why they disagree with me so I can better understand it.  However, I don't feel any sadness in hearing that he died aside from the fact that this is going to bring more publicity to his name than ever before and it is going to be capitalized on from the company he sold his soul to.
(Original Post)
your hella butt hurt cuz he was pro and youll never be able to kickflip more than your local 5 stair. you also have no idea what your talking about at all, you are a complete idiot..

SkateNerd

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
always a fan, rip.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
RIP Lewis. I never knew him, but he was an amazing skateboarder. Always sad to see somebody pass away so young.

For anybody concerned, I just banned snowman. Anybody who has anything to share but respect, please don't. You're an awful person if you do.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »
His switch backside flips were amazing. His skating was amazing in general. RIP Lewis. :-[

cheesychip

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
RIP Lewis. I never knew him, but he was an amazing skateboarder. Always sad to see somebody pass away so young.

For anybody concerned, I just banned snowman. Anybody who has anything to share but respect, please don't. You're an awful person if you do.
― Flann O'Brien,

JARVISblow

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »
RIP to an amazing skater, my heart goes out to all his family and friends.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
rest in peace brother

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
Such a bummer, his part in Nothing But The Truth was sooo sick

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
Damn, RIP thats a bummer.

Richie Jackson

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
Snowman, I know you're reading this so I'll try articulate it for you as best I can. We are talking about the loss of a human being. You yourself are one of those. It's a fundamental concept, one worth grasping.

RIP Lewis.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 12:08:16 PM »

damn such a shame... rest in peace

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
so young.  :'(
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
I can't believe it.

The dude was soooooooooo good and a awesome person too.

Thoughts to his family.

RIP.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »

RIP Ma Dude.
I suck at SLAP.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
R.I.P !

alcol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
Sad news indeed....this is a big loss for the skateboarding community....RIP Lewis!
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
r.i.p lewis

to young to go.

you'll be loved & missed.