Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 180457 times)

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #570 on: April 22, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are nuts... Brandon didn't beat anyone, he filmed it. Sam did blackface before the current cultural movement which has shown how distasteful it is, but that doesn't make him the devil; assuming you are referring to Stevie with the homophobia comment, but that was during an argument with a shithead that probably got him heated and saying dumb things, not like he was actually doing anything terrible to someone with a different sexual preference than him, and lastly.. abusing women?.. Kenny argued with his lady, I never read or heard that he actually hurt her physically.. and in fact I believe the true story is that they were both volatile with each other and the fighting (verbal) went both ways. What are we missing here guys.. you want skaters to be nuns and priests? the level at which you all seem to hold these people is bonkers.. they are human beings, they make mistakes. To finish.. Yonnie, as soon as Crail new the extent of the damage he had done they in some way or another encouraged him to walk.. what more do you expect of them?
[close]

Sup Smyth
[close]
lol look at his post history, every single one is related to crailtap and "rick and mike" this and that.  Whiney Smyth confirmed.
[close]
I was curious, so I did as you suggested.
If Whineybitch isn't Sam himself, they're for certs his personal assistant.
Shit's pretty funny.
Hi Sam.

Its funny how little credit some people give Rick and Mike for maintaining one of the best skate companies of all time. Im sure they have a plan for Yonnie.. you just don't know it yet.
ha !

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #571 on: April 22, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are nuts... Brandon didn't beat anyone, he filmed it. Sam did blackface before the current cultural movement which has shown how distasteful it is, but that doesn't make him the devil; assuming you are referring to Stevie with the homophobia comment, but that was during an argument with a shithead that probably got him heated and saying dumb things, not like he was actually doing anything terrible to someone with a different sexual preference than him, and lastly.. abusing women?.. Kenny argued with his lady, I never read or heard that he actually hurt her physically.. and in fact I believe the true story is that they were both volatile with each other and the fighting (verbal) went both ways. What are we missing here guys.. you want skaters to be nuns and priests? the level at which you all seem to hold these people is bonkers.. they are human beings, they make mistakes. To finish.. Yonnie, as soon as Crail new the extent of the damage he had done they in some way or another encouraged him to walk.. what more do you expect of them?
[close]

Username checks out.
[close]

Beat me to it.

For fun let's go through these though:
- Didn't beat anyone that we saw from his own video, egged on and encourage the beating of someone who obviously is not all there seems much better right?
- Blackface existed before 2 years ago
- didn't realize we were all allowed to throw slurs out when we're annoyed with a shithead, might have to try this one out at work and let them know WhineyBitch said it was ok
- Abuse doesn't have to be physical but anyone who leaves their girlfriend at her cancer treatment appointment by causing a scene and storming out seems like a shit head, her statement had enough details.
- The yonnie thing is what they should've done for all of the above or at the very least issue a blanket statement condemning the type of behavior multiple of their riders are either proved to engage in or are accused of.

No one's expecting these guys to be saints but come on man there's plenty of guys in the industry that don't have this kind of baggage.
[close]
Whiney also completely misses the more serious accusation against Kenny that he had nonconsensual sex with a drunk 22yo

I thought kenny was also drunk therefore unable to consent therefore he was a victim of sexual assault.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #572 on: April 22, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »
This thread was better when we were arguing about Puget Sound real estate
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #573 on: April 22, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »
Just a reminder:

The user whineybitch is a crailtap employee, look at his post history for proof.

Edit: there was also another crail burner but I forgot the username.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #574 on: April 22, 2021, 02:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For some reason, a half-Indian actor darkening his skin to portray a beloved political ethicist day in, day out over a six month production period in a major motion picture celebrating said political ethicist seems to hold more weight than a white guy donning blackface to "look like the most legit Flav possible" at a Halloween party.

But, you are right that the use of brownface in "Ghandi" has accumulated criticism in the years since.

Expand Quote
not that I speak for indians but isnt there is also a colorist issue among groups.  Same with east indian/ caribbean, i know its the case in jamaican families
[close]

Different shades of skin can be a source of discrimination in probably most communities/cultures. I think Atiba Applebum was referring to India's caste system though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India
[close]

Yes I know and agree w. Caste system and it is notorious in many monarch based cultures in asia...but yea my point is cultural appropriation...regardless of comedy or drama.
[close]

Hopefully, if Hollywood recognizes the value of audiences beyond just straight white males and makes room for a wider array of people to be bankable working actors, we'll see less and less cultural appropriation and more and more actors of all backgrounds given the opportunity to portray the roles that are best-suited for them (as well as more positive roles for minorities in general).

I wouldn't bet my life on it...but there is a bit more accountibility going on in Hollywood and it looks to be headed in that direction, for now...

That’s not a Hollywood problem as much as it’s a foreign territories problem.   They want name actors and it perpetuates the cycle of keeping the same white people in it.   Pre-sales make up a big percentage of films budgets and films often have to acquiesce to those demands than find some diamond in the rough.  Emma stone gets cast in that Cameron Crowe movie and Scarlett Johansson was cast as that trans person because they need that guarantee of Star power for financial success or to be green light.   Budgets can fluctuate by 10s of millions of dollars based on the talent.   

The main thing I’ve learned: everyone in Hollywood is fucking terrified of losing their jobs.   No one wants to take a risk on an unknown quantity in an actor or director, when it’s a safer gamble on known quantity director, even if they’re mediocre, because you know they have and they will get the job done.  Marvel’s paving the way because they’ve developed such a structured eco-system that it’s almost impossible for a director to fail and it allows the director to helm a movie of a considerable budget which will open the door to them making movies anywhere else.   (Chloe Zhao made The Rider and Nomadland and then approached Marvel rather than viceversa to get this experience and now she’s directing The Eternals)

whineybitch

« Reply #575 on: April 22, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »
I actually work for a fire department, but good guess..

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #576 on: April 22, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »

Cory walking into the Crail offices for the first time since being released:

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #577 on: April 22, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »

More like liar department.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »

Peter Bici?

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »
I feel like the more controversies we list from Crailtap, the more it makes sense for Cory to stay with them. A have one story about Cory Kennedy. A buddy of mine was at the bar with the girl/chocolate guys rolled through town about 5 years again. Apparently Cory was hammered and focused multiple shot glasses on the floor. He then proceeded to pull the bar tender over the bar and was subsequently kicked out.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #580 on: April 22, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »

1) If this is how everyone in your office is treating the incident then no wonder Crailtap is a fucking dog shit sandwich right now. This whole statement comes off as total brainwashed garbage spoken around the water coolers in the Craig office. You guys are fucking vermin over there, a massive part of the skate rape problem and living and working in a sorry state of denial mixed with stale nostalgia.

2) We want skaters to be honest, accountable but most importantly not rapists. Come on dude, it's kind of idiot proof, no? You pay them to skate, be looked up to by kids and to not rape women. I mean sure the last one shouldn't actually have to be explained but hey, here your company were with 2 of the fuckers on your roster until last week.

I hope Cory realises his own worth and starts to release boards with SK8RATs as Crailtap are most certainly not the company to make a post-prison come back with. Sorry if that offends any fans. Shalom

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2021, 03:31:44 PM »

This is definitely not helping. Pack it up.
ok thanks

GuessAgain?

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »
@Whineybitch you wanna hop in the Al Davis thread and make up excuses for his misconduct & rape accusations too? Or does that one not effect your Christmas bonus?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #583 on: April 22, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

NICE

GuessAgain?

« Reply #584 on: April 22, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha just seen this, makes my comments look a bit misplaced now lol. I'll leave em up anyway for any Crailtap affiliates reading the thread still...  ::)

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2021, 03:43:22 PM »

Cmon fam, then why are all your post something in defense of girl/chocolate riders?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #586 on: April 22, 2021, 03:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cmon fam, then why are all your post something in defense of girl/chocolate riders?

He’s trying to put out the dumpster fire that is craigtap

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #587 on: April 22, 2021, 03:58:38 PM »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #588 on: April 22, 2021, 04:04:45 PM »
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #589 on: April 22, 2021, 04:23:21 PM »
Just noticed that Sam and Kenny have something else in common...they both deleted their public apology posts.  How long til Yonnie takes his down too?  (I hate that the positivity in this thread of Cory getting released has been mudded up by Smyth’s tonedeaf post)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #590 on: April 22, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »
TBH I am surprised that skaters haven't learned yet that the only thing to do is to post through it
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: April 22, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
HOLEEEEEE SHITTTT

I believe he was dating Whoopi at the time too

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #592 on: April 22, 2021, 05:49:52 PM »

Then it’s pretty odd and pathetic you’re this dedicated to defending a bunch of brain dead adult children you don’t even know.

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Then it’s pretty odd and pathetic you’re this dedicated to defending a bunch of brain dead adult children you don’t even know.
Hey take that back and apologize. Firefighters deserve our damn respect!

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: April 22, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »

I just want to add this, since you may still be lurking on this page Smyth.

The main thing is Girl/Chocolate should’ve made an official statement about Yonnie’s situation, it was too heavy to ignore.

For the other stuff I think people just thought you guys were apologizing to shut people up. I understand the desire to defend your dudes, especially in situations where the public may not have the full story. Just understand you guys are doing a terrible job of reading the room.

Sure there’s some nuance. For example I feel Stevie’s situation with Feedback Ted was somewhat bullshit. Ted was trolling Stevie then tried to lecture him for using a slur. Knowing damn well that a young hispanic probably understands the pains of a slur deeper than most 40 year old white dudes.

Thing is though, you guys mixed excuses with your apologies instead of just acknowledging the bullshit. Look at last year when Julien Stranger, T mo, and Kyle Walker where called out for being racist by Nakel. Dudes gave genuine apologies with no excuses - and surprise...nobody got cancelled.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:34:47 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #595 on: April 22, 2021, 06:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The main thing is Girl/Chocolate should’ve made an official statement about Yonnie’s situation, it was too heavy to ignore.

For the other stuff I think people just thought you guys were apologizing to shut people up. I understand the desire to defend your dudes, especially in situations where the public may not have the full story. Just understand you guys are doing a terrible job of reading the room.

Sure there’s some nuance. For example I feel Stevie’s situation with Feedback Ted was somewhat bullshit. Ted was trolling Stevie then tried to lecture him for using a slur. Knowing damn well that a young hispanic probably understands the pains of a slur deeper than most 40 year old white dudes.

Thing is though, you guys mixed excuses with your apologies instead of just acknowledging the bullshit. Look at last year when Julien Stranger, T mo, and Kyle Walker where called out for being racist by Nakel. Dudes gave genuine apologies with no excuses - and surprise...nobody got cancelled.

This sums it up pretty well.

Someone please explain the Biebel thing. Didn’t he just Worldstar someone who got caught exposing themselves to children? Or was it the mental illness aspect of it? Why is “Worldstar” treated with amusement and apathy in other situations? I’m genuinely curious.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #596 on: April 22, 2021, 07:07:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Someone please explain the Biebel thing. Didn’t he just Worldstar someone who got caught exposing themselves to children? Or was it the mental illness aspect of it? Why is “Worldstar” treated with amusement and apathy in other situations? I’m genuinely curious.
It wasn't a chomo exposing themselves to children, it was a guy clearly having some sort of mental health crisis, like a schizophrenic episode or off his meds. He was running down the road, i don't think he was even aware of his surroundings. Biebel and his buddy followed in car while filming and joking around, then Biebel filmed while his friend put a beating on the poor guy, turning someone's unfortunate situation into clicks and engagement on social media. When that backfired on him he tried to spin it like this guy was "exposing himself" to children. This person needed help and compassion, not a beatdown.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: April 22, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
It wasn't a chomo exposing themselves to children, it was a guy clearly having some sort of mental health crisis, like a schizophrenic episode or off his meds. He was running down the road, i don't think he was even aware of his surroundings. Biebel and his buddy followed in car while filming and joking around, then Biebel filmed while his friend put a beating on the poor guy, turning someone's unfortunate situation into clicks and engagement on social media. When that backfired on him he tried to spin it like this guy was "exposing himself" to children. This person needed help and compassion, not a beatdown.

Got it.

I never saw the video, nor would I have cared to either way.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #598 on: April 22, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Username checks out.
[close]

Beat me to it.

- Didn't beat anyone that we saw from his own video, egged on and encourage the beating of someone who obviously is not all there seems much better right?
- didn't realize we were all allowed to throw slurs out when we're annoyed with a shithead, might have to try this one out at work and let them know WhineyBitch said it was ok
- Abuse doesn't have to be physical but anyone who leaves their girlfriend at her cancer treatment appointment by causing a scene and storming out seems like a shit head, her statement had enough details.
- The yonnie thing is what they should've done for all of the above or at the very least issue a blanket statement condemning the type of behavior multiple of their riders are either proved to engage in or are accused of.

No one's expecting these guys to be saints but come on man there's plenty of guys in the industry that don't have this kind of baggage.
[close]
Whiney also completely misses the more serious accusation against Kenny that he had nonconsensual sex with a drunk 22yo

Non-consensual sex with someone who is drunk is a clear transgression, but I don’t see what mentioning the victim’s age adds to the offense.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Username checks out.
[close]

Beat me to it.

[close]
[close]

Non-consensual sex with someone who is drunk is a clear transgression, but I don’t see what mentioning the victim’s age adds to the offense.

Because it just feels that much more predatory when you have a 40 year old doing that to a 22 year old