Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread  (Read 217845 times)

HoovUCDC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread
« Reply #1320 on: August 16, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
Lucas was having an off day fools. I mean he fucking messed up on a nollie heel.

even on a good day i doubt that he'd land every single nollie heel he'd try. people miss easy tricks sometimes, even pros. bummed that he lost though. lutzka did skate pretty good though, i'll admit it.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1321 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Lucas was having an off day fools. I mean he fucking messed up on a nollie heel.
[close]

even on a good day i doubt that he'd land every single nollie heel he'd try. people miss easy tricks sometimes, even pros. bummed that he lost though. lutzka did skate pretty good though, i'll admit it.

Lutzka is really really good, but it seemed to me that he only has his stock tricks on lock.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #1322 on: August 16, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »
Can't wait for the Ben Sanchez Marcus Mcbride game

loophole

« Reply #1323 on: August 16, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »
you guys are all going to hate greg lutzka a little bit more when n0torious posts a video he found.

spare change

« Reply #1324 on: August 16, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
Anyone throwing out an impossible so early on in a game of skate is a certified kook.
I'm not saying you need to empty your entire bag of tricks before you bring it out but 2 or 3 tricks in seems like someone is a little too into winning.

sage

« Reply #1325 on: August 16, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »
Anyone throwing out an impossible so early on in a game of skate is a certified kook.
I'm not saying you need to empty your entire bag of tricks before you bring it out but 2 or 3 tricks in seems like someone is a little too into winning.

Hahha you're so lame dude! If Rick Howard had opened with that trick you'd be all hyped on it. Also, impossibles are a super easy trick once you have them. Why even watch these games if you get so butt-hurt.

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #1326 on: August 16, 2009, 05:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
damn i felt so bad for lucas when he missed that nollie heel
[close]

felt really bad when I saw his face just look so downtrodden at that point.

from now on, since i've failed a ton of times with my bets with myself, i'm just going to let it all just deal itself out instead of trying to predict what happens...

sage

« Reply #1327 on: August 16, 2009, 05:28:32 PM »
Lucas will be fine, I'm sure steve had a few baguettes handy for him.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #1328 on: August 16, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »
whats wrong with 360 variations?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

spare change

« Reply #1329 on: August 16, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahha you're so lame dude! If Rick Howard had opened with that trick you'd be all hyped on it. Also, impossibles are a super easy trick once you have them. Why even watch these games if you get so butt-hurt.
No you mis understood me, i love impossibles. I do them all the time.
The concept of knowing that is an odd trick and not everyone has them and making sure you do it so early in a game of skate is what bums me out. I'm not butt hurt because lucas lost, i just really can't stand greg lutzka. He is an amazing skater,skill wise.
But from what I've seen he comes off like a turd personality wise.
Sorry I didn't clarify. I dont really care who loses or wins, i just like to see the games. I just really don't like him.

spare change

« Reply #1330 on: August 16, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
And if Rick Howard DID do it it would only be against someone like Carroll or beebs,in a show of fun or fucking with them.
The smiple fact is the reason lutzka did it and the reason rick would do it are two different occassions, based on personalty traits.
It's not the act but the intention.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1331 on: August 16, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
damn that kook did a fs 360 kickflip on flat. i bet he thinks of it as his "finishing move".

the noumenon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1332 on: August 16, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »
lutzka sucks compared to lucas. that game was a joke. the tricks he got lucas on were lame. frontside 360 kickflip? give me a break. ollie impossible? fakie impossible? obviously he has no real trick selection. lucas was probably irratated, granted, he still should have come through. any way, this is no way gives lutzka any real cred. everyone has there whack tricks other people cant do, most people dont do bullshit right off the bat just to win a game, pretty weak in my opinion. makes sense for someone who rides for k swiss.

sage

« Reply #1333 on: August 16, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »
And if Rick Howard DID do it it would only be against someone like Carroll or beebs,in a show of fun or fucking with them.
The smiple fact is the reason lutzka did it and the reason rick would do it are two different occassions, based on personalty traits.

Well you know Rick is in BATB 2 and I'm sure he did an impossible. It's a pretty standard trick.

I'm not even sure why people hate Lutzka so much aside from all the contest jocking and sponsorship whoring, but a lot of people are doing that these days. That stupid hat he usually wears is pretty obnoxious too, but I can't recall him every saying anything outrageous or crying on his MTV show. Anyways, Mike Mo won like 10,000 dollars in the first BATB, so people are expecting to get paid for winning it this time too, so I'm sure it's about more then fun this time around.

spare change

« Reply #1334 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well you know Rick is in BATB 2 and I'm sure he did an impossible. It's a pretty standard trick.

I'm not even sure why people hate Lutzka so much aside from all the contest jocking and sponsorship whoring, but a lot of people are doing that these days. That stupid hat he usually wears is pretty obnoxious too, but I can't recall him every saying anything outrageous or crying on his MTV show. Anyways, Mike Mo won like 10,000 dollars in the first BATB, so people are expecting to get paid for winning it this time too, so I'm sure it's about more then fun this time around.
I don't have a problem with anyone doing an impossible,especially in a game like that. My point was 3 tricks in he felt the need to do one,passing up all switch flip variations and bigspins and other shove its. Knowing that most people don't have that trick.
And then he saved his "finisher" for the end. Obviously I am reading too much into things but I still can't help but wonder what most of his peers think of his antics.
and your sarcasm runnith over.

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #1335 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
cotg is like steven seagall in terms of his predictions, he ALWAYS wins, and never even comes close to losing, and never will. this is the harsh reality that makes me hate cotg

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1336 on: August 16, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
umm, why could Karl not operate that whistle???

krewkruxklan

« Reply #1337 on: August 16, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »

I don't have a problem with anyone doing an impossible,especially in a game like that. My point was 3 tricks in he felt the need to do one,passing up all switch flip variations and bigspins and other shove its. Knowing that most people don't have that trick.
And then he saved his "finisher" for the end. Obviously I am reading too much into things but I still can't help but wonder what most of his peers think of his antics.

[/quote]

antics? dude's trying to win. isnt that the point of playing skate; doing tricks in hopes that your oppenent fucks up and gets a letter?

SUPRFI$CAL

spare change

« Reply #1338 on: August 16, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »
Well yes, that is the point of playing skate. But if you don;t see my point then you obviously don't "get it".
And by antics i mean just his general demeanor, not anything specific he did in the game.

TapLuxiferfet

« Reply #1339 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »
His trick selection was weird, granted. There are 2 ways you can play skate, knock out all the simple tricks first, or just go straight bangers and try and slit the dude's throat.

or awkward not common tricks

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
    • Stardust Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1340 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:54 PM »
i hate lutzka as much as the next guy, but god damn is he good. and you people bitching about the trick selection... the whole entertainment for me is seeing the weird tricks (fakie impossible, f/s 360 kickflips, etc)... i don't need to see every pro do a nollie heel, switch heel, nollie back heel, nollie front heel, etc.

krewkruxklan

« Reply #1341 on: August 16, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Well yes, that is the point of playing skate. But if you don;t see my point then you obviously don't "get it".
And by antics i mean just his general demeanor, not anything specific he did in the game.

whether we're aware or not we play skate with a sort of straegy in mind. we do easier tricks, switch ttricks and nollie, ect. knowing that its unlikly that we'd mess up and pass up our turns. then when you run out you try more difficult tricks.

if i could do fs 360 kickflip at all, let along consistenly, id pull em mid game too.

SUPRFI$CAL

spare change

« Reply #1342 on: August 16, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »
Apparently I'm not expressing myself very well.
I like random tricks,especially in skate.I probably shouldn't expect anyone to go through every trick they can do before they start in on the difficult ones.
 I guess I really just dislike him and am finding any reason to be annoyed. For some reason it just felt like he wasn't having a good time with it and was just going for the throat. But then again as some have stated this is a pretty important contest and you can win some loot.
The point is to win and do tricks your opponent can't.
The guy is pretty damn consistent and will give corey kennedy a good game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:10:03 PM by spare change »

thugnificent

« Reply #1343 on: August 16, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »
you guys are fags. you complain about the games when nobody does different tricks, then lutzka does them, and he's a jock for trying to win?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1344 on: August 16, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you're faulting him for wanting the game to go by faster, instead of dragging out with a bunch of simple tricks that almost everyone (and certainly lucas) can do? also, lucas probably watched lutzka's parts (considering he knew lutzka would pull the front 3 flip) and noticed that the dude never does a heelflip, in any stance. i'm guessing this is why he started off with switch heel, fakie heel, nollie heel. that's the same as lutzka doing an impossible three tricks in.

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1345 on: August 16, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »
pre game interview's up

spare change

« Reply #1346 on: August 16, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
you're faulting him for wanting the game to go by faster, instead of dragging out with a bunch of simple tricks that almost everyone (and certainly lucas) can do? also, lucas probably watched lutzka's parts (considering he knew lutzka would pull the front 3 flip) and noticed that the dude never does a heelflip, in any stance. i'm guessing this is why he started off with switch heel, fakie heel, nollie heel. that's the same as lutzka doing an impossible three tricks in.

I actually responded saying that it wasn't out of line after thinking about it.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1347 on: August 16, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »
Pre game for Guy/Cesar is up, and goddamn if Guy doesn't seem like the nicest, down to earth person.
http://theberrics.com/dailyops.php
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:52:09 PM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1348 on: August 16, 2009, 08:55:37 PM »
I love Guy, but I'll be pretty surprised if he wins.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1349 on: August 16, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »
as much as i hate slutzka, that fs 360 kickflip was rad....

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m