Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2402348 times)

behavioralguide, slapshakle and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #16950 on: May 17, 2024, 05:59:24 PM »

French manicure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #16951 on: May 17, 2024, 07:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like that Brown pair.  I'm a sucker for the runner toe too.  Might try a pair of these at some point.

Reminds me of Savier

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16952 on: May 18, 2024, 08:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ll likely grab those sbs once I can try them on. I like high profile toe caps for flicking, so that the suede or leather contacts grip tape instead of a flat toe where it’s all sole touching when flicking.
Plus these have that plate in the sole, and am I right in thinking it’s the same kind of plate that is in those running shoes that helped someone beat a running record and got banned? I think it will be cool to see how these are and I like that white and pink for summer
[close]
I'll preface this by saying I had never heard of this before today, so I could be mistaken on parts, but from what I can gather it seems like a lot of running shoes have had this feature for a while. I won't bore with the details but it's just kinda nike's marketing strategy (same thing with the Jordan 1) to claim their products are so good they got banned, in reality they just disregarded the rules to begin with. this new SB model has a nylon plate (cheaper than the typical carbon plate) which might be the first use of this in a skate shoe, but it really remains to be seen if this makes any difference whatsoever. the idea is that this stiffens up the shoe to prevent ankle injuries and promote stability. very similar to a boot shank, but it seems to typically be full-length in running shoes.
[close]
Personal experience: my arches really started hurting after skating Vulcs, in my late 30’s. So I switched back to cup sole and it went away.

Having that stable sole really seems to help with stabilization front to back of foot, which in my case, helped with arch pain.

So, a vulc with a stiffening plate might be really nice.

Same here on the switch to cups. My arch/heel/hip pain all went away when I went to cups all the time. Wearing vulcs to skate and as chillers was killing me. Interested to find out more about the Olympic nike drop.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16953 on: May 18, 2024, 10:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ll likely grab those sbs once I can try them on. I like high profile toe caps for flicking, so that the suede or leather contacts grip tape instead of a flat toe where it’s all sole touching when flicking.
Plus these have that plate in the sole, and am I right in thinking it’s the same kind of plate that is in those running shoes that helped someone beat a running record and got banned? I think it will be cool to see how these are and I like that white and pink for summer
[close]
I'll preface this by saying I had never heard of this before today, so I could be mistaken on parts, but from what I can gather it seems like a lot of running shoes have had this feature for a while. I won't bore with the details but it's just kinda nike's marketing strategy (same thing with the Jordan 1) to claim their products are so good they got banned, in reality they just disregarded the rules to begin with. this new SB model has a nylon plate (cheaper than the typical carbon plate) which might be the first use of this in a skate shoe, but it really remains to be seen if this makes any difference whatsoever. the idea is that this stiffens up the shoe to prevent ankle injuries and promote stability. very similar to a boot shank, but it seems to typically be full-length in running shoes.
[close]
Personal experience: my arches really started hurting after skating Vulcs, in my late 30’s. So I switched back to cup sole and it went away.

Having that stable sole really seems to help with stabilization front to back of foot, which in my case, helped with arch pain.

[close]

Same here on the switch to cups. My arch/heel/hip pain all went away when I went to cups all the time. Wearing vulcs to skate and as chillers was killing me. Interested to find out more about the Olympic nike drop.

I recently put two and two together and realized the reason why I never had foot or back pain from wearing vulcs was because I’m very skinny and the thin soles of my shoes don’t have much to hold/support. I have Vans that I exclusively walk in that have taken countless footsteps and the waffle tread looks borderline new.

I feel weight is not mentioned much if at all when it comes to the cup vs. vulc debate.

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #16954 on: May 18, 2024, 06:19:53 PM »
How are the ishod2 as chillers/walking shoes? going to japan later this year and will be walking around a lot. Last time I was there I went in chucks with fps and while it wasn’t terrible it wasn’t enough.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #16955 on: May 18, 2024, 07:08:18 PM »
How are the ishod2 as chillers/walking shoes? going to japan later this year and will be walking around a lot. Last time I was there I went in chucks with fps and while it wasn’t terrible it wasn’t enough.

For just walking? Nike Leo or 1010s are the answer.

Better yet, get a real [non-skate] shoe for this purpose, your feet,  knees and lower back will thank you.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #16956 on: May 19, 2024, 05:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I recently put two and two together and realized the reason why I never had foot or back pain from wearing vulcs was because I’m very skinny and the thin soles of my shoes don’t have much to hold/support. I have Vans that I exclusively walk in that have taken countless footsteps and the waffle tread looks borderline new.

I feel weight is not mentioned much if at all when it comes to the cup vs. vulc debate.

Yeah, maybe you’re onto something but I don’t personally know any other skaters knocking on 50 that are wearing stick insoles in vans if they’re still running vulcs at all. And all of them are average weight if not on the thinner side. But I also skate with dudes who run, play soccer, and lift regularly so I feel like the heavy use at a fairly advanced age could factor into it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16957 on: May 19, 2024, 08:34:11 PM »

New (good) Leo colorway?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #16958 on: May 19, 2024, 09:25:17 PM »

New (good) Leo colorway?

I need a colorway that isn’t so black heavy before I buy in.   

Also, Leo’s dad is in TSOL, right?   Always think it’s kinda sick to wear your dad’s merch like that

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16959 on: May 19, 2024, 10:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote

New (good) Leo colorway?
[close]

Also, Leo’s dad is in TSOL, right?   Always think it’s kinda sick to wear your dad’s merch like that

There are 8 colorways, 6 of them/75% of which are not black heavy, three are mostly white; Is it just that the colors aren't your taste (I don't blame you).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16960 on: May 20, 2024, 01:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote

New (good) Leo colorway?
[close]

Love the color, hate the shoe.
Idk if mine came defective but I put them and they feel that they make my feet super crooked and weird.
First pic is horrible but you kinda can tell, second one is a little better. Is just the shape of the shoe that is weird or I hit the shit jackpot?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #16961 on: May 20, 2024, 02:01:17 AM »

New (good) Leo colorway?

TSOL shirt is incredible

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 117
« Reply #16962 on: May 20, 2024, 08:42:45 AM »
Burnt Sunrise dunk lows
Sorry if posted before.

Enjoy your life.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16963 on: May 20, 2024, 11:06:31 AM »
Burnt Sunrise dunk lows
Sorry if posted before.

These are horrible

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #16964 on: May 20, 2024, 11:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I like that Brown pair.  I'm a sucker for the runner toe too.  Might try a pair of these at some point.
[close]

Reminds me of Savier
I can see Savier.
For some reason i also get E-Cue vibes

SupremePizza

• Rep: 53
« Reply #16965 on: May 20, 2024, 06:44:56 PM »
Supreme Darwins arrived today. They got a bit more roomy compared to a dunk but not enough to size down. It has a thin glued in insole. The outsole is also quite thick and board feel seems almost non existent. Will probably take awhile to break in. Also I'm not sure how the canvas will hold up. They are very comfortable though

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #16966 on: May 21, 2024, 05:03:41 AM »
anyone try to grab the Futura dunks?  i was away all weekend without my phone and i’m seeing i missed all the raffles lol.  if any pals get a sz13 they dont want lmk!

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #16967 on: May 21, 2024, 05:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New (good) Leo colorway?
[close]

[close]

Idk if mine came defective but I put them and they feel that they make my feet super crooked and weird.
First pic is horrible but you kinda can tell, second one is a little better. Is just the shape of the shoe that is weird or I hit the shit jackpot?
Wow that looks like an ankle roller.
I would guess it's a defective model, but it's a weird one. It looks like if the molded outsole got cold too fast and the gum didn't got the right shape.
Did you see the defect when they were new?
Another weird thing is the shape of the outsole. It looks a bit too \__/ . It may just be the picture tho.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 05:28:44 AM by Turtle Boy »

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #16968 on: May 21, 2024, 06:40:43 AM »
anyone try to grab the Futura dunks?  i was away all weekend without my phone and i’m seeing i missed all the raffles lol.  if any pals get a sz13 they dont want lmk!

I struck out on about 5 raffles. One more chance tomorrow on the Sneakers app I believe.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16969 on: May 21, 2024, 10:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I struck out on about 5 raffles. One more chance tomorrow on the Sneakers app I believe.

Same, and I was on a 5 raffle win streak (2x leal (bought one), hyper royals (passed), Baroque Brown/Summit White/Sanddrif (bought), Orange label Red/Gums (passed)) thought I'd have them in the bag!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16970 on: May 21, 2024, 10:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New (good) Leo colorway?
[close]

[close]

Mine came/are totally flat. Seems like you got a bunk pair - I'd reach out to the re-seller or Nike directly.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 117
« Reply #16971 on: May 21, 2024, 12:33:43 PM »
Seattle Supersonic (1995-2001) dunks

Enjoy your life.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #16972 on: May 21, 2024, 03:40:16 PM »

thunderclap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #16973 on: May 21, 2024, 11:22:13 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7PIa9rpn4y/?igsh=bXc0b2hsOGFsYmdi

You think these are coming back out?
Yes, but I don't think the green one's have been 'out there' yet, might be that they keep those F&F.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16974 on: Today at 12:12:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

New (good) Leo colorway?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine came/are totally flat. Seems like you got a bunk pair - I'd reach out to the re-seller or Nike directly.
Just sent then back to the seller (some polish online store, I have bought a bunch of stuff from there in the past), it should be ok.
I was surprised about how uncomfortable they were and how they hurt my feet specially after everybody saying it was a great shoe. For sure I got a defective pair.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.