Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65698 times)

emotional_degloving

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1650 on: August 28, 2023, 08:47:56 AM »
there was a jam at the DIY yesterday. I got there early and helped clean up the fuckin swamp that appeared overnight. Talked to a couple people. Fumbled an impossible. Got too tired though and decided to head home after only a few hours. I haven't been skating in a month or so whilst I've been medicating but it's getting me back into the swing of things.

changed1

« Reply #1651 on: August 28, 2023, 09:06:29 AM »
Took the day off yesterday to do boring adult stuff (DMV and the Bank). Once I got all that done went to skate the local park.
Got warmed up and landed my usual tricks on the ledge. Originally I wanted to try this trick I got close to landing last week but wasn't feeling it. Somehow I threw out a kickflip noseslide and thought why not try kickflip crooks. Surprisingly landed it second try but I didn't set up my phone right. luckily I did land another one within 5 minutes and filmed it better. For shits and giggles I thought Id try kickflip front crook and again surprisingly landed that in about 5 minutes.

If anyone cares to see the clip
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwYbLVZBLp6/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==
Props man, those are nice. Getting me hyped to go learn some new tech

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #1652 on: August 28, 2023, 02:09:15 PM »
3rd week in a row that my only session was Sunday evening after I put my daughter to sleep at 7 pm. Still better than nothing. You can tell it’s getting dark earlier. I didn’t skate as well this time because I had a lot more drinks in me than I normally would have. My daughter woke up very very early so we started causally drinking much earlier than we’d normally start. When I went for walk at like 9:30ish to the farmers market and the woman I normally buy flowers from wasn’t there so we just strolled through town and ended up on the pubs back patio for a few beers before walking back so I we could put my daughter down for her nap.

Either way it kind of snow balled and by the time I was back skating I probably consumed a good amount of drinks.

Did a lot of the same tricks I always do but somethings took a little longer than normal. Did get a first try nollie flip. Take the good with the bad. In the new thrasher there’s a step hop/ no comply article and it made me want to go out and do a straight step hop and I did a couple then I tried filming one and I did a couple bad ones then hit my self so hard in the crotch I spent the rest of the session laying on my back. I was also wearing these patagonia hiking shorts which are really thin and my balls still kind of hurt today. Lol it sucked.

hacefresco420

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1653 on: August 28, 2023, 03:59:33 PM »
Yesterday, I dragged myself to my favorite local park. I say dragged because I’ve been battling injuries all summer & had full blown meltdowns my last 2 sessions. This session went better. I strung together some tricks up and down the higher manny pad & got a few tricks on the bank that I was happy with. Gonna try to skate again tomorrow after work.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1654 on: August 28, 2023, 04:27:14 PM »
Just skated. Tons of tourists. They was ok today.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #1655 on: August 28, 2023, 04:48:44 PM »
Ive had some hip pain for a while and ive been doing some new stretches on it for the past week. Definitely did too much at first but it hurt so good. Just skated some flat to see how it feels and so far so good.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1656 on: August 29, 2023, 05:26:57 AM »
Went to an adidas demo in Ithaca ny this Saturday which coincidentally was on my birthday aug 26. Got there a little early, did a kickflip 270 on the hip just as their van pulled up.

Park is divided into two spaces. Old area and new addition. They mostly skated the old space. Got to skate the hip with Mariah duran a bit. Got very close to nollie back heel but kept toe dragging. Miles Silvas came over and started rifling off tricks on the hip like 3 feet high.

I went to the old section and watched Dan Mancina 5050 a 15 foot circle rail. Shit was gnarly and a better birthday gift than anything I could’ve bought

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1657 on: August 29, 2023, 07:42:17 PM »
Snapped the tail off doing a front shuv on sunday, got a fresh deck yesterday and snapped the nose off this time doing another front shuv. Any recommendations on buying blanks in bulk?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #1658 on: August 29, 2023, 07:50:56 PM »
Snapped the tail off doing a front shuv on sunday, got a fresh deck yesterday and snapped the nose off this time doing another front shuv. Any recommendations on buying blanks in bulk?

Maybe don’t front shove anymore?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

lurkluke

• Rep: 189
« Reply #1659 on: September 03, 2023, 02:22:19 AM »
First proper skate in more than a decade (knee issues, but I got back into watching vids during lockdowns, but then moved country, bought a business and have no time off. Finally making the time)

There's an old factory that's been torn down so it's all concrete pads just across from my house.

Managed a couple small ollies up. A couple little lines of ollies and drops off things. Got a front shuv off a small bank to close it out.

Gonna fix up some of the ledges, get a slappy spot happening there.

At 40, with dodgy knees and so much time away... I'm pretty psyched.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #1660 on: September 03, 2023, 03:33:07 AM »
Skated a proper street spot with ground in a cheese grater fashion for the first time in years. Usually I’m just at the local diy. Slipped out of a slappy crook, got pinched forward and reacted like an idiot putting my hand in front of me. Entire left palm is a huge abrasion. Nothing really serious, but at 46 this means the session was over. (After 5 minutes in). Need to bike to work. This will be a fun week to come.

First proper skate in more than a decade (knee issues, but I got back into watching vids during lockdowns, but then moved country, bought a business and have no time off. Finally making the time)

There's an old factory that's been torn down so it's all concrete pads just across from my house.

Managed a couple small ollies up. A couple little lines of ollies and drops off things. Got a front shuv off a small bank to close it out.

Sounds cool. Fingers crossed for more sessions to come

lurkluke

• Rep: 189
« Reply #1661 on: September 03, 2023, 04:14:27 AM »
Skated a proper street spot with ground in a cheese grater fashion for the first time in years. Usually I’m just at the local diy. Slipped out of a slappy crook, got pinched forward and reacted like an idiot putting my hand in front of me. Entire left palm is a huge abrasion. Nothing really serious, but at 46 this means the session was over. (After 5 minutes in). Need to bike to work. This will be a fun week to come.

Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks. It's spring here now too so it's a good start to  new season.

Palm scrapes suck super bad. Good luck with the riding.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1662 on: September 03, 2023, 04:19:07 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks. It's spring here now too so it's a good start to  new season.

Palm scrapes suck super bad. Good luck with the riding.

Cheers, mate

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1663 on: September 06, 2023, 12:40:57 AM »
Day 200 this year. Did some kickflips and ended the session on a 1st try BS flip. Keeping them short at the moment, 30-40 mins a day.

250 days is the target, trying to get as close as I can to that before the weather craps out.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1664 on: September 08, 2023, 11:42:45 PM »
Found an interesting manual pad to drop down manual pad at a random ass park in Washington.

The manual pad is super low and I pulled a muscle in my back trying to balance out a nose manual. I didn't even fall, just adjusted my weight quickly and my back was like, "whoa whoa whoa, what do you think you are doing here. This is too much. Time to shut down." I skated for another 25 minutes getting a really stupid trick (nose manual to drop down regular manual... it looks disgusting and I now realize why I can't remember anyone else doing this terrible trick).

My back is shot and I will be laying on the floor all weekend. But, I want to go back next week and fight for the nose manual to drop down nose manual.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #1665 on: September 09, 2023, 12:19:22 AM »
Went back to my go to ledge for the first time in a few weeks. Got a nice heel flip, which is dope. On the other hand I struggled with my back 50/50s but I'm not mad, there are days they work and days they wont.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1666 on: September 09, 2023, 04:33:59 AM »

I haven't snapped a deck doing front shuvs since I started saying ”think Tom Asta" to myself before popping a front shuv.

I can't help you with the blanks situation, though.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1667 on: September 09, 2023, 05:57:10 AM »
Day 200 this year. Did some kickflips and ended the session on a 1st try BS flip. Keeping them short at the moment, 30-40 mins a day.

250 days is the target, trying to get as close as I can to that before the weather craps out.
Love personal challenges like this. Keep it going

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #1668 on: September 18, 2023, 01:22:29 PM »
Skated a little flat after putting my daughter to sleep again last night. It gets dark so much earlier these days. There’s a lot of rocks and sticks and stuff where I skate flat and I didn’t sweep or anything so I just kept hitting rocks and stuff but it was still fun. Did all the shoves as a warm up again which really helps. Did a good feeling switch pop shove and immediately hit a rock rolling away. First try nollie flip and 360 flip. Did just a bunch of basic tricks like all the 180s but they felt good. Especially back 180, switch back 180 and nollie back 180. Then it started raining and was already too dark to skate. Still fun to get out there and do some tricks.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1669 on: September 18, 2023, 04:57:23 PM »
Good sesh at the park the next town over.

on the A-frame got kickflip, heel, bs and fs shuvs back-to-back. Got a decent handplant in the bowl (in a line!) and a pretty fat, for me, FS Air in the "deep end".

Lots of other fun jibs, but the street tricks vs bowl tricks had me beaming through the sesh.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #1670 on: September 19, 2023, 04:31:51 PM »
Landed nothing I wanted to get done but still managed to have a good time. It was just me and one other soul surfer for the morning session.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1671 on: September 24, 2023, 08:20:33 PM »
Got crailslides a couple days ago, now doing repetition to get them better today. It's been a dream trick for a while, and it turns out it's fairly easy to do if you can tailslide + are comfortable bending down to grab the nose. Tip for those trying to learn crailslides: if you can do both then try to do a kickturn on coping and grabbing the board crail. I tried this out and the tail slide part of the trick came pretty naturally from that motion in my experience.

A skate dad (didn't do much but push around) also freaked out at me. Dude's kid intentionally dropped his board into the bowl while it was in use, and I got it for him and politely told him "hey watch where you drop your board." His dad saw this entire thing happen, says "Thanks man, he's gotta learn his manners" but like two minutes later he comes back from talking to his kid and is all confrontational.

"What'd you say to my kid?"
Oh, I just told him to-
"You tell him to watch where he drops his board?"
Yeah basically.
"Well you don't have to so fucking rude about it."
The bowl was in use, and I'm not trying to be rude about.
"Well I think you're being a fucking asshole about it. It was an accident. You think you own this fucking park?"
Whatever man, I'm not trying to start anything.

Then he spent like 5 minutes glaring at me at the park entrance with his kid before leaving. Pretty sure he was waiting for me by the entrance/parking lot, but I had no plans to leave so soon.

Definitely was surreal because usually when I have to tell a kid to not do something because it's putting them and/or other people at physical risk, their parents don't go looking for a fight (in my experience, kids won't stop doing the thing that's putting them/people at risk unless someone tells them).

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: September 24, 2023, 10:26:07 PM »
Congrats on the crailslide, @yourbreakfsat
Beautiful looking trick.

My last three sessions were kind of a let down. The park I isogo to got its floor redone. Everything is slightly faster, which totally fucks up my timing.
Plus my body feels like it is has aged ten years over the course of this summer. Knees and ankles hurt.
So, the last three sessions I really struggled with the few tricks I still have left. Feels like I’m on my final laps in my skate life. Bummer

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 30
  • old leg
« Reply #1673 on: September 24, 2023, 10:47:35 PM »
finally got my ollie back since hurt my knee back in January. somehow changed my setup to lighter (tensor magnesium trucks, 52 spit classics) weight really gained my confidence to popped the ollie.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1674 on: September 25, 2023, 03:54:47 AM »
Shoulder has been killing me lately, went out for a struggle sesh at my curb/ledge spot.  Pretty standard day, until && rolled up. I am the furthest thing from a fanboi, but the dude does shred.  Surreal day, it felt like I was on YouTube or something...

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1675 on: September 25, 2023, 03:59:56 AM »
was too long ago   :( :-[
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 04:36:50 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

mfweeno

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1676 on: September 25, 2023, 09:11:11 AM »
I am moving soon, so I am getting my last few sessions in at the local parks in the area and trying to cross off some "wishlist" tricks that have been cooking in the back of my mind.

Yesterday, I went to the older pre-fab park in the area, which features a really buttery flat ledge.
I battled one of my wishlist tricks - fakie nosegrind switch front shove out - for over 2 hours. Finally got the make with my phone battery on less than 10%. Probably one of the most frustrating battles I have had in a long time.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #1677 on: September 25, 2023, 12:11:25 PM »
^ post the clip foo!

mfweeno

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1678 on: September 25, 2023, 01:33:43 PM »
^ post the clip foo!
Haha I'm glad someone wants to see it!

I'm putting together a little montage of stuff I did this year - I may post it here once it's done (or just the raw clip of that trick).

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #1679 on: September 26, 2023, 02:49:52 AM »
Had to be in VA Beach last week so I checked out Woodstock. It had some cool stuff that even my old ass could skate. It also has some big stuff that is just scary to even look at.
Watched a guy get his first 5050 on a rail, that was rad. He did like 30 more, too. Helped a younger dude figure out how to ollie while rolling faster. It was a good time and I left as the after school crowd was arriving.