Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 173206 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #420 on: July 16, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »
Kendrick Farris and Patrick Baboumian disagree with you and Rowley's case is a purely anecdotal; if we're accepting anecdotal evidence as fact then my wife is a vegan body builder and she lifts stronger now than when she ate meat
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:14:28 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #421 on: July 16, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
Kendrick Farris and Patrick Baboumian disagree with you and Rowley's case is a purely anecdotal; if we're accepting anecdotal evidence as fact then my wife is a vegan body builder and she lifts stronger now than when she ate meat

Not saying Patrick B isn't a strong dude, but he's not an elite strongman or powerlifter. Robert Oberst said as much during his appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast. Anyway, way off topic, I won't be replying anymore.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #422 on: July 16, 2019, 07:11:54 PM »
Anyway, way off topic, I won't be replying anymore.
Yeah, pffffft dudes with world records in lifting aren't elite or anything, sheesh what more do you want?
Well you stayed off topic the entire time and now you're bringing Joe Rogan into this so please don't let the door hit you on the way out <3
How do you know if a troll's an omnivore?
Don't worry he'll fucking find the vegan thread!

back on topic, who's rocking what lately?
My swifts are still going strong (suprisingly) on the sidewall/ toecap, but the sole is starting to thin out, will probably transition to accel slims and my Riley's full time over the summer. Haven't really seen too much being released at the moment that's getting me hyped...

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2019, 05:46:54 AM »
My Swifts also going strong. My son had a pair of them too and I don't know what he was doing in them but the toe cap is pealing up. He's got some Evan Smith Hi's now and is happy with them.
No.

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2019, 07:07:00 AM »
I guess new Vans Ave could be vegan since they are "super light" and suede is pretty heavy material. 

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
Djokovic just won Wimbledon in a marathon 5 sets and he’s vegan. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »
I guess new Vans Ave could be vegan since they are "super light" and suede is pretty heavy material. 
I saw these in-person and i’m 99% sure they’re real suede.  AVE also updated the later colorways of his previous rapidweld shoe to put real suede at the ollie/toe flick areas

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
My Swifts also going strong. My son had a pair of them too and I don't know what he was doing in them but the toe cap is pealing up. He's got some Evan Smith Hi's now and is happy with them.
must be that little kid flick because my 40 year old legs can barely put a scratch on them!

there's no correct answer here; if he did it as a non-vegan, what he eats wouldn't even be an issue but as soon as some elite athlete announces that they are plant based, then every issue or criticism of them is based around what they eat. Dudes were legit all up on Ed's insta when he broke his leg being like, "it's because your vegan Ed!". Frank Medrano would get mad props if he ate meat, but because he's all about that vegan life people call him too skinny instead of praising him for being so ripped!
Luckily my kids aren't super skinny or every man and his fucking dog would be like, "it's because they are malnourished vegans", yes, because no kids that have eaten meat have ever been skinny *rolls eyes*!

I too have seen those new AVEs and unfortunately they are suede, tis a pity because he has had some rapidweld shoes in the past...

padded_shorts

« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »
Skated the Accel plus ever stitch today and I like them a lot. At first they seem tight compared to the Swift. The swift upper is one continuous piece of everstitch so it has some give to it. These have Kevlar around the toe and several other pieces of faux leather. It ends up being a lot more supportive. They felt really good skating in them. The sole is identical to the swift, which is good. That’s a great sole. I loved my Swift’s, but these are a step up from there. They are currently on sale at es for 59.99 if anyone has been looking for a deal on them. They only have the black and teal color way, but that is the only one with the Kevlar toe, so I’d recommend that one anyway.
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
Skated the Accel plus ever stitch today and I like them a lot. At first they seem tight compared to the Swift. The swift upper is one continuous piece of everstitch so it has some give to it. These have Kevlar around the toe and several other pieces of faux leather. It ends up being a lot more supportive. They felt really good skating in them. The sole is identical to the swift, which is good. That’s a great sole. I loved my Swift’s, but these are a step up from there. They are currently on sale at es for 59.99 if anyone has been looking for a deal on them. They only have the black and teal color way, but that is the only one with the Kevlar toe, so I’d recommend that one anyway.
Cheers, I actually like that the swifts have a bit of give in the toebox because they are pretty much bang on size for me. Now I'm worried that the accel plus will be too tight around the toes. That's a great price but eS doesn't ship o/s at the moment (or they do, but only to like 3 countries), tis a pity because black/ teal is actually my fav colourway of that shoe. Kevlar toe looks indestructible too! And yes, that outsole is honestly one of the best I've tried in recent years, lots of grip and the lines cut into the sole help them break in super quickly!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
must be that little kid flick because my 40 year old legs can barely put a scratch on them!

Expand Quote
[close]
there's no correct answer here; if he did it as a non-vegan, what he eats wouldn't even be an issue but as soon as some elite athlete announces that they are plant based, then every issue or criticism of them is based around what they eat. Dudes were legit all up on Ed's insta when he broke his leg being like, "it's because your vegan Ed!". Frank Medrano would get mad props if he ate meat, but because he's all about that vegan life people call him too skinny instead of praising him for being so ripped!
Luckily my kids aren't super skinny or every man and his fucking dog would be like, "it's because they are malnourished vegans", yes, because no kids that have eaten meat have ever been skinny *rolls eyes*!

I too have seen those new AVEs and unfortunately they are suede, tis a pity because he has had some rapidweld shoes in the past...

My everstitch gave up on toecap too, I usually burn through soles first but those shoes I just need to shoe goo as them soles are almost brand new...solid shoe otherwise.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

padded_shorts

« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Cheers, I actually like that the swifts have a bit of give in the toebox because they are pretty much bang on size for me. Now I'm worried that the accel plus will be too tight around the toes. That's a great price but eS doesn't ship o/s at the moment (or they do, but only to like 3 countries), tis a pity because black/ teal is actually my fav colourway of that shoe. Kevlar toe looks indestructible too! And yes, that outsole is honestly one of the best I've tried in recent years, lots of grip and the lines cut into the sole help them break in super quickly!
I agree 100% about the outsole. The toe box is loosening up a little the more they break in. It's still no where near as loose as the swift, but it's comfortable. I have yet to discover how indestructible the kevlar is, but it looks way better than the rubber on the swift.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »
The new adidas x Beastie Boys americanas are vegan

meaty discipline

• Rep: 0
  • sweet sweet sweater meat
« Reply #433 on: July 24, 2019, 12:03:08 PM »

Black and Teal Accel Plus Everstitch are on sale at the Es website for $59.99. They have size 11.
[/quote]

Crap I missed em. Oh well. Indicators still holding up nicely!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2019, 07:59:02 AM »
The SkateWarehouse listing has a clear shot of the materials tag for the Rowley OGs.  Real leather.  Oh well, I probably wasn't going to buy them anyway unless they had the "pro" insoles.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: July 31, 2019, 06:36:36 PM »
hmmmm, vans have been pretty shitty at labeling their shoes as of late but I'm not really that phased either way, they were great in their prime but current Rowley + current vans quality isn't really anything I want to throw my money at...

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #436 on: August 01, 2019, 12:11:30 AM »
I grabbed two pairs of those Rowley’s in classic red about 5 years ago (when they were vegan) half price at a Vans outlet, and with rotating with whatever vegan shoes I find on sale, I am on the second pair. They are probably my favorite shoe
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #437 on: August 01, 2019, 08:36:48 AM »
the new winkowski cw of the omen hi seems to be vegan-friendly since it's just canvas and rubber

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #438 on: August 01, 2019, 08:22:29 PM »
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 08:48:13 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2019, 08:30:41 AM »
yeah, i actually held them in my hand in a Journeys here in NYC and they definitely felt and looked synth, but those stickers usually don't lie (if anything, it's usually website descriptions that are incorrect/inconsistent)

circle one

« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »
I haven't been able to find a Vegan skate shoe that outperforms suede, so Ive just been getting second hand whatever I can find at thrift stores, from friends, and on eBay. It's a vegan loophole.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »
yeah, i actually held them in my hand in a Journeys here in NYC and they definitely felt and looked synth, but those stickers usually don't lie (if anything, it's usually website descriptions that are incorrect/inconsistent)
well if it helps my Riley 2's are listed as leather on the sticker even though they are clearly synth and the word synth is even in the product code..

I haven't been able to find a Vegan skate shoe that outperforms suede
then you haven't tried Ryan Lay's shoe, sole tech vegan suede is the truth! (oh, but you already focused?)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:02:57 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »
These are pretty gross, but at least they're labeled as "vegan patent leather uppers"
https://www.vans.com/shop/style-36-decon-sf-alex-knost-bitter-chocolate#hero=0

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »
yay, that just stepped in KY Jelly look I've been looking for!

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2019, 01:08:11 AM »
Have you guys skated the canvas authentic pro ?
Do you know if the duracap under the canvas is only in the ollie area or also in the toecap area ?

I had some slip-on pro checkerboard in the past and had a hole in the toecap area within a week...

Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2019, 01:16:32 AM »
was wondering when this thread would get a bump...

in regards to your question I haven't, I haven't skated vans in a minute because their quality dropped a lot over the years. Never had anything with a duracap either :(

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #446 on: September 06, 2019, 05:08:54 AM »
was wondering when this thread would get a bump...

in regards to your question I haven't, I haven't skated vans in a minute because their quality dropped a lot over the years. Never had anything with a duracap either :(

Yeah, I heard Vans quality is going down, but to be honest I had hard times trying to find some vegan shoes to skate so I decided to try something new...

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #447 on: September 06, 2019, 06:22:40 AM »
Do you know if the duracap under the canvas is only in the ollie area or also in the toecap area ?

I had some slip-on pro checkerboard in the past and had a hole in the toecap area within a week...

I have a pair at home. I haven’t skated them but I can try to feel it out when I get home if you want. The duracap is very thin though so I wouldn’t trust it to do much. I plan on hot glueing mine when I skate them. That’s what I have to do with suede shoes too because I blow out the sides really fast usually.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: September 06, 2019, 06:48:19 AM »

I have a pair of these now.  For the authentic pros, the duracap is under the whole forefoot panel of the shoe.  I actually find that it's less comfortable than non-duracap vans because the duracap layer makes the forefoot area slightly less flexible and now the tops of my toe-knuckles have blisters from walking all day in them.

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #449 on: September 06, 2019, 06:55:08 AM »
Thanks for the feedback ! I will also do the hot-gluing, hoping that I will manage to make them last more than a month.

In other news, I saw on Kenny Anderson IG story that there will be an updated version of his CTAS colorway !