Author Topic: Rockin Ron's Bearings Back In Business  (Read 13645 times)

Diocletian

Re: Rockin Ron's Bearings Back In Business
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
His horrible customer service goes even further when he claimed my bearings shipped Monday but he just shipped them today. This guy is a joke.

eight two fives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 09:27:38 PM »
Bitch, you have like 6 unskated set ups, I’m sure you can roll around on one of them while you wait a week for your bearings.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2018, 07:01:58 AM »
they’re out of stock again. damn. how often does he make them?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2018, 07:16:01 AM »
He doesn’t make them he buys them from china and prints a piece of paper to put in the packaging.

You think this stinkbugging long boarder makes his own bearings and can somehow sell them for a third of the price of the top shelf HE compares them to?

He’s a snake oil salesman.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2250
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »
Do you guys think Rockin Ron is married?

ungzilla

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 08:59:39 AM »
to a case of high grade stainless steel labyrinth sealed bearings maybe

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »
The regular generic wives just aren't fast enough for him. He's got access to over 400 lubricants in his field.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
I looked up ol' Rockin Ron's Nirvana tribute band and found their website. They're called "Nearvana" and they claim to be the longest running Nirvana tribute band in the U.S. and "NEARVANA is the only Nirvana Experience to have the blessings from the three surviving members of the band - Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear." Which I find hard to believe.

Here's their website: http://www.nirvanatribute.band/

And here's Ron coming as he is while ignoring Diocletian's order and emails:

There's also a "promo" section where you can download Nearvana's stage plot in PDF format, which I find should be mandatory for any band's website if they want to be taken seriously.

ungzilla

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2018, 09:00:46 AM »
also they're the only nirvana tribute band with long lasting labyrinth seals to keep dust and dirt out

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »
Come on man, Ron was obviously busy rockin.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
Bitch, you have like 6 unskated set ups, I’m sure you can roll around on one of them while you wait a week for your bearings.

made me giggle

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
Hey guys just wanted to let you know Ron also is the Izzy Stradlin in a Guns N Roses tribute band called Lose Your Illusion, so if it's taking awhile to ship your ceramic rockets give him a break. He's a busy guy!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:24:09 AM by Watson »

ungzilla

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »
can you even imagine how good those fuckin knobs on his guitar turn after retrofitting with some high grade labyrinth seal ball bearings

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:48 PM »
can you even imagine how good those fuckin knobs on his guitar turn after retrofitting with some high grade labyrinth seal ball bearings

hahah I lol'ed at this, thank you
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Diocletian

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2018, 04:09:12 AM »
I wish I would have known more about Ron and his questionable life choices before I bought his bearings >:(

Pigeon

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2018, 06:28:28 AM »
Kurt Cobain blew his brain out because of this guy.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2018, 11:34:06 PM »
One thing about living in Southern California I never could stomach. All the damn tribute bands.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 09:19:01 AM »
Always hated Tribute bands it's just an excuse to play your fav bands music who you dreamed of becoming. So transparent using technicalities to make what you  are doing appear more  legit and more yours. First thing you discover when starting your own band is it's fun and easy to play your fav bands songs cause it's laid out for you. It's hard boring sometimes and straight up tiring to try and write your own music. Easier to just play and practice the songs you can hear and emulate. So Corny and lame to expect money for it though and try to sugar coat it as a "tribute" like you actually chose to be skilled in playing someone else's songs. Naw the reality is it's all your shitty band could muster and you wanna play live shows without grinding through making your own tunes. Imagine a "titanic" tribute movie where I pretend to be leo and act 80 percent as good with 50 percent the production value of the real thing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:21:02 AM by CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »
honestly an 80% leo performance on $100MM would probably be better than most movies coming out now

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
Hey take it easy man. Tribute bands are performing a service. Social Distortion doesn't play that often anymore and if I can go see Rockin Ron's tribute band SoCal Distortion easily and for a fraction of the price, than how's that affecting you negatively in any way?

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 12:57:23 PM »
Hey take it easy man. Tribute bands are performing a service. Social Distortion doesn't play that often anymore and if I can go see Rockin Ron's tribute band SoCal Distortion easily and for a fraction of the price, than how's that affecting you negatively in any way?

You service rons delusion by buying those tickets and listening to that band with your ears. It's not a fair exhange of goods or services for you in any way. How many freaking Tribute bands does this guy have? Everyone on his iPod he tributes?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »
I wonder how Rockin Ron would feel if we resold his bearings with different packaging and called them tribute bearings.

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »
I wonder how Rockin Ron would feel if we resold his bearings with different packaging and called them tribute bearings.
That's his exact business model already just rebranded precision bearings. A tribute would be to sell the wrong size that can't actually be skated but used in heelys. Then we call them "Jockin jon's bearings a rockin Ron bearing tribute experience" They are a tribute to skate bearings we can heely around on stage while his band plays. If it's the nirvana tribute though we heely in the pit like real men.

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
He doesn’t make them he buys them from china and prints a piece of paper to put in the packaging.

You think this stinkbugging long boarder makes his own bearings and can somehow sell them for a third of the price of the top shelf HE compares them to?

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 06:11:22 AM »

This is every skateboard bearing

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 06:26:11 AM »
One thing about living in Southern California I never could stomach. All the damn tribute bands.

I lol'd

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »
if all he does is print paper, why does he suck so bad at having stock and filling orders? he’s clever enough to pull a fast one but sounds too dysfunctional to make a lot of money from it.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
if all he does is print paper, why does he suck so bad at having stock and filling orders? he’s clever enough to pull a fast one but sounds too dysfunctional to make a lot of money from it.

Maybe he keeps the supply low to generate high demand

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 03:05:57 PM »
Don't lie to the people Social Distortion was on tour this summer I saw them with my dad it was pretty sweet
(Cool Trick GIF)

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »
Don't lie to the people Social Distortion was on tour this summer I saw them with my dad it was pretty sweet
How can you be certain it wasn't rockin rons SoCal distortion instead? Were you fully aware did you carefully read the signs? They are pretty good you know basically the real thing you probably wouldn't know it unless you happened to notice some guys on heelys in the pit.