Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259296 times)

pencil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1590 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
do you drink karl?
[close]
Not much of a drinker. Wine, Sake or an occasional beer is all I can handle. Definitely a light weight. What about yourself?

well today ive shotgunned a total of 5 beers, drank a 40 of colt 45, and drank 4 more beers on top of that.  Thats just because my campus is dry as fuck and the dudes who would normally front me bud were out for the day due to the current snow storm in chicago
How about cigarettes/nicotine, do you smoke blunts at least?
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1591 on: February 17, 2014, 11:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do you drink karl?
[close]
Not much of a drinker. Wine, Sake or an occasional beer is all I can handle. Definitely a light weight. What about yourself?
[close]

well today ive shotgunned a total of 5 beers, drank a 40 of colt 45, and drank 4 more beers on top of that.  Thats just because my campus is dry as fuck and the dudes who would normally front me bud were out for the day due to the current snow storm in chicago
How about cigarettes/nicotine, do you smoke blunts at least?
Damn my brotha! Slow down haha!! You must be a young man being able to tolerate that  :o
Sucks about your herb situation though! I feel your pain.
Man, I used to smoke only blunts when I was younger but no more for me. Now its about outdoor organic or nothing.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1592 on: February 27, 2014, 09:45:14 PM »
Whats up Karl, i just took a gig with the GOSkate program teaching kids how to shred ,they mentioned you had done some work with them, if its true how did it work out for you? Much Love from TN Karl! cant wait to see some more footy.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1593 on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Karl, can you hook me up with BA's phone number? You're the only serious industry insider I know and I don't even know you, but I'm single now and need a date.
[close]
First off, GAY, I love you and I don't even know you LOL But seriously you've always got something witty to say. But are you really gay or is it your online personality? 
And about BA's number, there is no way I would give that out. But thanks for asking.

I'm definitely gay...it's funny because I've been asked that a lot here and I can understand why, given the nature of this message board. I joined SLAP and gave myself that obnoxious name to make myself face my own internalized homophobia, especially in regards to my life as a skateboarder...I used to be super-ashamed of my sexuality. I'm much less so now.

And thanks man...I was just joking around because I know you wouldn't do that, but I've been crushing on dude since forever so I had to give it a try. But yeah...I knew you're too much of a stand up guy to do something shady like that.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1594 on: February 28, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Karl, can you hook me up with BA's phone number? You're the only serious industry insider I know and I don't even know you, but I'm single now and need a date.
[close]
First off, GAY, I love you and I don't even know you LOL But seriously you've always got something witty to say. But are you really gay or is it your online personality? 
And about BA's number, there is no way I would give that out. But thanks for asking.
[close]

I'm definitely gay...it's funny because I've been asked that a lot here and I can understand why, given the nature of this message board. I joined SLAP and gave myself that obnoxious name to make myself face my own internalized homophobia, especially in regards to my life as a skateboarder...I used to be super-ashamed of my sexuality. I'm much less so now.

And thanks man...I was just joking around because I know you wouldn't do that, but I've been crushing on dude since forever so I had to give it a try. But yeah...I knew you're too much of a stand up guy to do something shady like that.
ummm subtle bribe request? "abou BA's number" aka "about the number of dollars it will take for me to give it too you".....I have never bribed anyone

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #1595 on: March 03, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
ummm subtle bribe request? "abou BA's number" aka "about the number of dollars it will take for me to give it too you".....I have never bribed anyone
dude what in the fuck are you saying

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1596 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:04 AM »
Hi Karl,

If you didn't have Organika and Kayo didn't exist, which companies could you see yourself riding for?

Also, what's the situation with your shoe sponsorship? I'd love to see Kayo take control of ipath and rebuild it. It sucks that a brand with ipath's legacy turned to shit.
Please release another video part soon! Even just a short web edit would be great.  :D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1597 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »
Hi Karl,

If you didn't have Organika and Kayo didn't exist, which companies could you see yourself riding for?

Also, what's the situation with your shoe sponsorship? I'd love to see Kayo take control of ipath and rebuild it. It sucks that a brand with ipath's legacy turned to shit.
Please release another video part soon! Even just a short web edit would be great.  :D
You know, Im not sure. I've been with Kayo for 15 years now and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. But if It was my choice and Kayo didn't exist I'd have to the the Girl and Chocolate camp. Love those dudes!
Plans for shoes and footage : )
Yeah, IPath was a great movement back in the day. Sucks that the original crew was dissected,  which eventually led the their demise. Without the true leader, Matt Field, they were doomed. 
Thanks for the good questions! ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1598 on: March 06, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »
Whats up Karl, i just took a gig with the GOSkate program teaching kids how to shred ,they mentioned you had done some work with them, if its true how did it work out for you? Much Love from TN Karl! cant wait to see some more footy.
Yeah, I've worked with them before. Some very interesting situations to say the least. Everything from going to a mansion for a kids birthday party and skating along side an amazing pool to flying solo to a different state then driving 6 hours to arrive at my destination at 3am. Pretty sucky overall. But still good for making connections. Have fun working with the little ones!  Peace

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1599 on: March 06, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ok! Then much respect to you bro? Keep coming up with those quips!!

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
favorite NFL team?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1601 on: March 06, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »
favorite NFL team?
Niners all day!!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1602 on: March 06, 2014, 06:04:22 PM »
Karl, do you watch every sponsor me video kids send you?

Endless Toedrag

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1603 on: March 06, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »
Speaking of Matt field: why doesn't that guy have a board with organika?  Thought maybe he was going to do something with elephant but no hippie vibes there:  anyway; he's probably down the block doing yoga in the park: Seems like a good fit...I'd buy the board.
There's a code that ya better know.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1604 on: March 06, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »
Karl, do you watch every sponsor me video kids send you?
I actually do?you never know what you might come across.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: March 06, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »
Speaking of Matt field: why doesn't that guy have a board with organika?  Thought maybe he was going to do something with elephant but no hippie vibes there:  anyway; he's probably down the block doing yoga in the park: Seems like a good fit...I'd buy the board.
Haha!! Im sure he is doing yoga somewhere in Marin! We've spoken about that a while ago but its not a good fit. I love Matt forever though!!

shark tits

« Reply #1606 on: March 06, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »
karl, when EMB became clique-y and people who did smiths were 'slash dogs' who exactly are we talking about? like i know jamie thomas was kind of an outsider but were like julien and phelps getting vibed? jim thibeaud? i'm trying to picture these alleged slash dogs, basically wondering if there were any famous ones. i know when i was a kid people separated themselves into different groups contingent on their musical tastes then everyone gets older and has a beer together.

Shredsledder

« Reply #1607 on: March 06, 2014, 09:29:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I've worked with them before. Some very interesting situations to say the least. Everything from going to a mansion for a kids birthday party and skating along side an amazing pool to flying solo to a different state then driving 6 hours to arrive at my destination at 3am. Pretty sucky overall. But still good for making connections. Have fun working with the little ones!  Peace

I once got paid $150 for a half hour thing at some kid's birthday party. The kids skated for like 10 minutes and were over it, they ran out back and were playing with waterguns, so I just left.

but yeah goskate being "pretty sucky overall" is an understatement

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: March 06, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I once got paid $150 for a half hour thing at some kid's birthday party. The kids skated for like 10 minutes and were over it, they ran out back and were playing with waterguns, so I just left.

but yeah goskate being "pretty sucky overall" is an understatement
Pretty much what happened to me too haha!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: March 06, 2014, 10:02:02 PM »
karl, when EMB became clique-y and people who did smiths were 'slash dogs' who exactly are we talking about? like i know jamie thomas was kind of an outsider but were like julien and phelps getting vibed? jim thibeaud? i'm trying to picture these alleged slash dogs, basically wondering if there were any famous ones. i know when i was a kid people separated themselves into different groups contingent on their musical tastes then everyone gets older and has a beer together.
What!! "Slash dog" I haven't heard that in hella long!
Julien and Jim never were vibed at EMB. I'd say a slash dog was someone who was stuck in the 80's doing 80's tricks. Since everything was changing so fast in the early 90's dudes like that seemed like dinosaurs to us.
How'd you hear about this term?

kahn souphanousinphone

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1610 on: March 06, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
Karl, big fan ;D hah.. Have you ever met the Illusion? :o

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1611 on: March 07, 2014, 03:52:33 AM »
You know, Im not sure. I've been with Kayo for 15 years now and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. But if It was my choice and Kayo didn't exist I'd have to the the Girl and Chocolate camp. Love those dudes!
Plans for shoes and footage : )
Yeah, IPath was a great movement back in the day. Sucks that the original crew was dissected,  which eventually led the their demise. Without the true leader, Matt Field, they were doomed. 
Thanks for the good questions! ;D

Thanks Karl. Good luck with the shoes and I can't wait for the new footage!

shark tits

« Reply #1612 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Julien and Jim never were vibed at EMB. I'd say a slash dog was someone who was stuck in the 80's doing 80's tricks. Since everything was changing so fast in the early 90's dudes like that seemed like dinosaurs to us.
i was a teenaged slash dog. nah, i must've read it somewhere. i don't wanna attribute the quote to someone and be wrong but it might've been from a jenkem article.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1613 on: March 07, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »
Karl, big fan ;D hah.. Have you ever met the Illusion? :o
The illusion of our existence, yes  ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1614 on: March 07, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i was a teenaged slash dog. nah, i must've read it somewhere. i don't wanna attribute the quote to someone and be wrong but it might've been from a jenkem article.
Im going to start calling myself a slash dog, due to my love for slappies and no-complys? If you ever see Sam Smyth, make sure you bring this term up to him. He'll get a real kick out of it!

shark tits

« Reply #1615 on: March 07, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Im going to start calling myself a slash dog, due to my love for slappies and no-complys? If you ever see Sam Smyth, make sure you bring this term up to him. He'll get a real kick out of it!
hell yeah karl! when separated from the negative context 'slash dog' actually sounds really cool.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1616 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:40 PM »
hey karl what happend with those fabo les x slap x organika shirts? coulda had a big seller with that, any chance of it still happening?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1617 on: March 07, 2014, 01:13:22 PM »
Karl, would you consider making a limited edition Slap POTY x Organika t shirt or deck?

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1618 on: March 07, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
Any update on Matt Rod x Organika?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1619 on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
karl the correct answer to your favorite nfl team is the cincinnati bengals
who ddey