Author Topic: Forgotten skateboarders  (Read 79436 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Forgotten skateboarders
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
Wil Taylor was in the first skateboard video I ever got (I guess he's in prison for now but hopefully he'll make a comeback when he gets out)
Simon Woodstock
Matt Pailes (was the firs pro model I ever had (Think))
Tosh?
Reese Forbes?
Danny Wainwright?
I guess people still talk about a lot of these but I was never too into pro skateboarding growing up so I don't know a lot of the lesser spoke of skaters.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
Drake jones.

Man I loved that dood. Wicked good style and just killed it

Prince Nelson

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »
Wil Taylor was in the first skateboard video I ever got (I guess he's in prison for now but hopefully he'll make a comeback when he gets out)
Simon Woodstock
Tosh?
Reese Forbes?
Danny Wainwright?
I guess people still talk about a lot of these but I was never too into pro skateboarding growing up so I don't know a lot of the lesser spoke of skaters.

motherfucker, Simon Woodstock posts his jesus shit on this forum.

If anyone forgot about Reese Forbes they're fucking regular.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Simon Woodstock
Tosh?
Reese Forbes?
Danny Wainwright?
[close]

motherfucker, Simon Woodstock posts his jesus shit on this forum.

If anyone forgot about Reese Forbes they're fucking regular.
:)

yapple dapple

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »
Karma Tsocheff

He just had a few tricks in one of the Andy Roy clips on Thrasher.

Jares

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:05 AM »

Right on! Its because of parts like this that I cannot stop skateboarding.

Expand Quote
Mike Daher

[close]

STYLE KING

NEVER FORGET OG STEREO 1992-WHEN ETHAN FOWLER QUIT

ManMelt

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 04:25:58 AM »
dayne brummet. dude went hard as fuck on the enemy video. [melcher usedta be way different back then too!]

I actually dig Melcher's 90's style. Dude had some flow and a decent bag of tricks, despite the Muska flips. Lately, all he does are weird powerslide and wallie variations. Nowadays, it seems like the muttenchop, mustache and fedora kit is more prominent than his skating. But he's on Death with Richie Jackson, a board company that lets him get away with that type of skating. But to his credit, the hurricane down Wilshire is all-time.

Pipe Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
http://skately.com/library/ads/sub-zero-skate-shop-sergei-trudnowski-1996 Sergi was heavy ripper at mid nineties Love Park. I was lucky enough to skate there in 1995, saw him skate he ripped hard all day. Kalis and Stevie gave the spotlight later on but Philly was sick before then check the Sub Zero video link here for raw East Coast Sunday viewing.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »
Everyone in Mike Stanfield's Amateur, minus Don Nguyen....

So...

Aaron Babila
Steve Kindle
Robert Lim
Ricardo Carvalho
Jason Wakuzawa
Dusty Harris
Dan Roberts...

Poppin' in the VHS now so I can get a full list going...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »
JB Gillet
Chad Bartie
Gershon Mosley ( another one in these threads, had beef with the boss, seems to be over the industry, pops up in self made vids occassionaly)
Chet Thomas ( Same era as Gershon was known for his hardflips
Steve Olson (shorties always gets mentioned in these threads and he turned stonner/rapper still loved that Olsonator man or machine shorties ad)
Eric Bork
Marcus McBride
Chad Vogt
John Reeves
Laban Pheidas
Vinnie Ponte

I don't think you need to describe for us who Gershon Mosley and Chet Thomas are.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:49 AM »
Danny Wainwright?
Now Vans EMEA team manager.

Jares

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 08:50:32 AM »
Ah sweet, thanks for the links. I was trying to find the Sub Zero video on You Tube but I couldn't for some reason. I used to have it on VHS. I just remember as a kid thinking that Sergei seemed like such an interesting person. As his skating got better he would go faster and pop shit really high, then Poof, he just disappeared. I hate it when that happens to skaters I'm hyped on, Markus Brown was another one. In fact the whole American Dream Skate co. was sick man.

http://skately.com/library/ads/sub-zero-skate-shop-sergei-trudnowski-1996 Sergi was heavy ripper at mid nineties Love Park. I was lucky enough to skate there in 1995, saw him skate he ripped hard all day. Kalis and Stevie gave the spotlight later on but Philly was sick before then check the Sub Zero video link here for raw East Coast Sunday viewing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:52:28 AM by MODERNUS »

jonnysheen

• Rep: -64
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
pretty much the whole new deal team but these two spring to mind

Rene Matthyssen

Rob Carlyon

(always a fav section)

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2015, 09:09:24 AM »
I actually dig Melcher's 90's style.
how does melcher have a 90's style? that era was clean cut and dominated by hip hop...

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2015, 09:37:40 AM »
Everyone in Mike Stanfield's Amateur, minus Don Nguyen....

So...

Aaron Babila
Steve Kindle
Robert Lim
Ricardo Carvalho
Jason Wakuzawa
Dusty Harris
Dan Roberts...

Poppin' in the VHS now so I can get a full list going...

Aaron Babila is technically pro for ATM, but works a 9-5 at Starbucks and is some bitter dude pissed at the industry who talks shit literally on everyone he encounters behind their back.

Jason Wakuzawa owns part of Markisa and recently started a hat company called Fresh and still skates for fun.

RAGEQUIT

• Rep: -2
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:08 AM »
Evan Schiefelbine

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
Gianni Zattoni was my first hero. He had the first part in the first video I ever had. I had a wish, that I could still call his whole entire part trick by trick, but that apparently is a talent long gone..
His part starts one minute in..
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »
As always with these threads, it goes from posting actually forgotten, obscure former pros to naming semi-legends and guys still active in the industry

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »
Thatone Guy

I see Thatone Guy at the park from time to time, he's still got it.

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
Jason Jones

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2015, 12:06:48 AM »
Cerezini. His flip part was a real good

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
carlos de andrade.
everen stallion... coincidentally he was actually related to devine calloway who isn't forgotten but his career got cut short.
clark hassler.
derek fukahara.
mark gutterman.
satva leung.
josiah gatlin.
chris lambert.
alex chalmers.
jani genitalia.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2015, 01:37:50 AM »
andy bautista
justin reynolds
jp jadeed
nikhil thayer
dan rogers
s.a.d.
ryan johnson
damian smith
john buchanan
brian edwards
todd jordan
seth cheeks
mike rosa
mike barker
pat smith
ricardo carvalho (he was on chocolate for years, had ads and footage in yeah right, but did we ever get a full part from him?)

jexe

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2015, 03:10:54 AM »
carlos de andrade
everen stallion... coincidentally he was actually related to devine calloway who isn't forgotten but his career got cut short.
clark hassler.
derek fukahara.
mark gutterman.
satva leung.
josiah gatlin.
chris lambert.
alex chalmers.
jani genitalia.

Was just coming to post this, used to be a regular at all the comps

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone who has forgotten Wade Speyer needs a good, hard spanking.
[close]

Skating to, "South of Heaven."
and that flannel board.  Awesome. 

That was ellington, (unless Wade used in in a different video that i havent seen..)

What happened to JUB ive not seen anything from that dude since that one consolidated part he had like 10 years ago

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »
Carlos Ruiz

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:43:08 AM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »
in regards to pat corcoran (i forget who, but someone posted this the other day)

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2011/12/chrome-ball-incident-728-swiss-grid.html

hello gossip girls a friend showed me this blog my name is pat corcoran.
to keith i was 14 to 16 in those's photos so short guy style lol how tall is a 14yr old kid suppose to b, yeah i was pissed bout not having a flip trick, a set stairs, a gap, a line etc i had plenty of footage of all the above but it wasnt up to me that show biz if the industry want a certain image for u then thats image u have exspecially when ur 16yrs old ands want u say dont mean shit i didnt like my song either if it was up to i would have had biggie or beanie sigel for my music so i hope that helps u understand
to tom berry truthfully i wish i had never got hooked up i would probably still love and be sk8ing so being stoked to b in that video is a negative when u film a year of footage and they only use ur handrails and hubby ledges cause they want u to b known as the handrail kid team member is kinda nuddy buddy but thats show biz
and to anonymous saying cocaine made my career vanish u must b on my dick very very hard and wish u knew me and probably cant sk8 4 shit so here r somne reasons of my dissappearence from the sk8 seen ok lets c 1) i didnt come from money unlike the majority of my team and they werent tryin to pay me so as a 16yr old i had responsibilities so i did what i had to do to get money 2) my grandma house got broken into so i moved in with her so she would feel safe so there goes traveling w alien 3) my grandma had a heart attack so i had to take care of her so sk8ing wasnt a priority 4) i was making real good money doing what i was doing but started to c a lot of my friends going to jail, getting shot, and dying so seeing this i knew i had to get into something else so thats when i got interested in real estate, so i knew i had to start from the bottom to get into real estate the right way in my situation but i didnt know anything but sk8ing and fast money so i started to go to college at 17 taking real estate classes so i could understand the real estate game, but i still didnt know how to fix up houses to flip them or rent them out so by the luck of god my boy and his day were in the carpenters union and said they could get me into the carpenters apprenticeship so i jumped on that knowing that i would learn how to fix up houses and get paid at the same time and the money was real good but i still was taking care of grandma still going to college and still getting fast money here and there so there was no time 4 sk8ing with a bunch of fake ass niggas 5)so now i quit the fast cash game cause im making good money w the union and i buy my first property which was a 3 story shell which i redid a turned it into a duplex so i rented out and took the equity out of it and bout another then did the same and another then another then another and then another so at 27yrs old i got 5 properties and did it all on my own not with the help from mommy and daddy like the majority of u nut ass gossip anonymous faggits so to all u hating ass mother fuckers who dnt know me get off my dick i havent sk8d for 10yrs just forget bout me i know its hard when i got such a pretty face, crazy talent, and just left yall wanting more 6) using drugs if u knew me u would know i dont even drink so putting some nut ass drug in my nose would never happen i go to bed b4 10 and wake up around 7ish and now since i got enough properties i dnt have to work anymore for anybody but myself and im still collecting properties hopefully by 33 i will have at least 15 bringing in at least 21gs a month and be living in costa rica 7) so commenting on the crack and section 8 properties not my cup a tea crack heads always stealing metal from vacant houses which would fuck up my money and section properties would bring the value of my house down so i dont fuck w either or those r probably the 2 worst things to have around when ur selling real estate i think thats it i hope i answered all ur questions and some
god damn i wrote a lot its been building up and u anonymous shit talker ur a coward let me know who u r or r u scared
December 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

ManMelt

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
Longest single sentence ever! NBD.