Author Topic: Skateboarding superstar charged with hosting COVID-19 superspreader  (Read 12840 times)

rawbacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Re: Skateboarding superstar charged with hosting COVID-19 superspreader
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Here in Europe nyjah probably wouldn't count as black.

But in the US you have that one drop rule, right?

Correct me If I am wrong. I am not an expert on american culture.
[close]

You’re correct. It’s not really the one drop rule as it is physical attributes. Remember the United States as a whole is highly uneducated and racism still is perpetuated and encouraged by the powers that be. Anyone doubting Nyjah being black are likely the same people that would yell all lives matter and call nyjah the “n” word if he did something personally offensive to them like sleep with their girl.
lol, no not me. all lives dont matter until black lives matter

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2021, 10:52:25 AM »
Social Tristance Funkhouser
J. Scott Lockdown
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2021, 10:58:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Here in Europe nyjah probably wouldn't count as black.

But in the US you have that one drop rule, right?

Correct me If I am wrong. I am not an expert on american culture.
[close]

You’re correct. It’s not really the one drop rule as it is physical attributes. Remember the United States as a whole is highly uneducated and racism still is perpetuated and encouraged by the powers that be. Anyone doubting Nyjah being black are likely the same people that would yell all lives matter and call nyjah the “n” word if he did something personally offensive to them like sleep with their girl.
[close]

You're probably right. I just want to point out that "racism still is perpetuated and encouraged by the powers that be" holds as true for Europe as it does for the US.

Saying Nyjah wouldn't count as black in Europe (as was done in the previous post) is highly problematic in my eyes. Of course, it depends on how "black" is defined and I don't want to get into the details, but suffice to say that unfortunately Nyjah would be - depending on the situation of course - subject to severe racism in Europe. Racism works a little differently over here, but Europe is in no position to point a finger at the US. Just sayin'.

As said, not a direct reaction to your post, but the one before it.

Wait a minute. I didn't say that Niyjah couldn't/wouldn't face racism in Europe or disparage the US in any way. Of course he is at a higher risk of facing racism in Europe as well. I was just saying that in, say, Western Europe you wouldn't say "he's black" (I don't know how things are in eastern Europe). That doesn't automatically mean he is seen as white or free from possible oppression.

People don't say Turks/Arabs are "black" either, but they suffer a lot of racism here. You don't have to be black to face racism in Europe. It is enough if you belong to any other minority.

I just pointed out that here the most people wouldn't call nyjah black. But in the US thats normal.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2021, 10:59:14 AM »
I live in Western Europe and I would've said he's black. Not sure where you're getting your data from
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2021, 11:07:29 AM »
Can you fucking stop derailing threads honestly. Hey rawbacon how about you use those clever little fingers of yours and you go make a specific thread to call out someone not being black enough for your taste, you fuckin muffin

Roy Machine

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2021, 11:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Mh yeah you are right. But i assume you just have as many differences between different states in the US als you have in Europe between different countries.

You have over 300 Mio people living in the US if i would compare it to let's say france it wouldn't feel right.

Edit: was reffering to HeavyLow
[close]

Do you think people across Europe speak European?

ok smart ass, say one european country that can be compared to the US in terms of cultural differences, different timezones and population.

I am from Europe myself.

Roy Machine

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2021, 11:29:26 AM »
I live in Western Europe and I would've said he's black. Not sure where you're getting your data from

Damn this topic is exhausting. I didn't think that people get so heated about what I think people in Europe would call Nyjah. Sorry for bringing that up

I said "probably most people" and not "all people". You can say Nyjah is black any day you want. Nyjah belongs to a minority in Europe and the US, even if you wouldn't say he is black and for that can be a victim of racism, no questions asked.

I just wanted to point out that you are likely called black in the US and not that likely in Europe if you have a lighter skin tone, even if you have let's say african ancestors.

HeavyLow

• Rep: 9
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2021, 11:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn this topic is exhausting. I didn't think that people get so heated about what I think people in Europe would call Nyjah. Sorry for bringing that up

I said "probably most people" and not "all people". You can say Nyjah is black any day you want. Nyjah belongs to a minority in Europe and the US, even if you wouldn't say he is black and for that can be a victim of racism, no questions asked.

I just wanted to point out that you are likely called black in the US and not that likely in Europe if you have a lighter skin tone, even if you have let's say african ancestors.

I mean, you did do a post on a discussion forum.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »
Nyjah reading this thread:

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

conqueso

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
john snotta

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »
Quarantine Russell

Covid Gonzales

Chad Maskup

Wade Spreader

Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
Nyjah's lawyers are taking a hard look the Nike athlete code of conduct employment contract that's for sure. I'd imagine the IOC is going to need to be extremely careful if they have any chance of actually pulling off Tokyo this Summer and don't exactly want this kind of attention associated with their grand unveiling of snakeboarding.

conqueso

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2021, 12:31:13 PM »
hyun "vaccine_plug" kummer

bobby polio

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »
Can you fucking stop derailing threads honestly. Hey rawbacon how about you use those clever little fingers of yours and you go make a specific thread to call out someone not being black enough for your taste, you fuckin muffin

This. Also i love that a baguette is calling someone a fuckin muffin
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2021, 12:49:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You keep speaking for all of Europe while making sweeping statements on race, and are now frustrated that people have been responding. Which is all very silly of you.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2021, 01:00:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Word It’s the funniest and kookiest shit when I see people say who is and is not considered “black” ...on a skateboarding forum,  covert racism I guess

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. Also i love that a baguette is calling someone a fuckin muffin

Clowning kooks all day and eating baguettes, you know, the usual haha!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
Quarantine Russell
C'mon man, Quarantin Marfaing

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2021, 01:18:27 PM »
Wow crazy that an article written to drag Nyjah and shame his covid parties wouldn't even mention he's a future US Olympian. Classy I guess?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2021, 01:26:02 PM »
Wow, what a mess this thread is...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2021, 01:42:31 PM »
I'm waiting for o see if any sponsor's drop him..like pretty sure any other industry he'd be dropped asap.

I don't know about that. James Harden was partying in clubs with Lil Baby when he was supposed to be at training camp and he just had a new signature adidas shoe released. Stephen Jackson repeatedly defended an athlete who posted a (fabricated) quote from Hitler and said that he was right about Jews, and he still has a show on Showtime.

Athletes and entertainers get a lot of leeway in this country, mostly because people here just don't give a shit.

el bong

• Rep: 8
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »
Quim Corona

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2021, 02:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Word It’s the funniest and kookiest shit when I see people say who is and is not considered “black” ...on a skateboarding forum,  covert racism I guess

The black delegation requests Fred Gall

Roy Machine

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2021, 02:34:46 PM »
alright i take the L.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2021, 02:34:56 PM »
Wow crazy that an article written to drag Nyjah and shame his covid parties wouldn't even mention he's a future US Olympian. Classy I guess?

That's how u know he's black  :-\

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »
Fuck this frat brat rape bro

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2021, 02:39:45 PM »
I was like, must be Nyjah, lol yup it was Nyjah

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2021, 02:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The black delegation requests Fred Gall

Lol...so long natty ice hello high life

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2021, 03:13:12 PM »
having no taste is a symptom of covid so who knows how long he's been sending virus laden aerosols into the air

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:02 PM »
having no taste is a symptom of covid so who knows how long he's been sending virus laden aerosols into the air

gather round stringcheese, we have a winner here