Author Topic: Sewa Kroetkov ‘LATE’ Part  (Read 4953 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Sewa Kroetkov ‘LATE’ Part
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2022, 07:37:08 AM »
god i hate late-flips

Cool Ceith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »
Genuinely wondering why no companies fuck with this dude?
Not original enough? Is he a dick?
Back when he rode for DC, a filmer told me that he would show up at Sewa's house ready to shoot but Sewa would make him wait for 2 hours while he obsessed with his shoelaces! That anecdote was so powerful to me because for years afterward I'd watch Sewa skate and pick up on a bunch of subtle cues that he's either a primadonna or a perfectionist.

I'm of the opinion that he's a perfectionist with a miniscule touch of OCD.

Also, since it's Sewa story time, I seem to remember that Sewa once blurted out that he wanted to go eat at Roscoe's chicken and waffles, but Dewayne Macmurray was in earshot and he took it as a racial comment. Poor Sewa got an earful that day, I'll tell ya.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2022, 06:42:43 PM »
might be the most talented skater who cant get core sponsors. at least hes gettin paid with red bull and go pro

This quote had me thinking.

If I were 25 yrs younger ( fUCK ) and had some decision to make about sponsors. What would I do.

Would I go for the board sponsor / shoe sponsor or do I take the GoPro Redbull money but get no love in the streetz.

Here I am a grown as man with a family on a forums with fellow skaterats arguing about some other man’s value on a useless wooden toy. 

Thank god I have a good job. Might be time to re-evaluate my time on SLAP.

Ok. Fuck that. I come here to behave juvenile. That’s the point.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2022, 01:19:32 AM »
I liked that part.

To me he seems like he's pretty good at marketing himself. It's not easy moving to Cali as a nobody and then succeed in making a living. I guess he just decided he would fuck with the Berrics to give him free exposure, and do other "cheesy" stuff like Red Bull.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2022, 01:57:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He made the courthouse stage looks so small
[close]

it isnt that high, is it? feel like there has been a good amount of footage with certain angles that showcased it is as smaller than I always thought it is. Did/ Can somebody measure it?
[close]
Not measured but I think it's 4-5 stairs on the tall end and 3-4 on the small end

Both of those could vary so much though. I need to know it in inches specifically. How high can a man fakie 360 flip who laughs at everything for 20+ seconds like it's the funniest joke ever? Someone in the area get out the tape measure.

I even measured my beloved skatepark ledge/super long manual pad like I said I would.. not that anyone would ever give a shit lol, but it is 15 1/2 inches high and juuuuust under 50 feet long.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2022, 02:02:27 AM »
Expand Quote
might be the most talented skater who cant get core sponsors. at least hes gettin paid with red bull and go pro
[close]

If I were 25 yrs younger ( fUCK ) and had some decision to make about sponsors. What would I do.

Would I go for the board sponsor / shoe sponsor or do I take the GoPro Redbull money but get no love in the streetz.

Here I am a grown as man with a family on a forums with fellow skaterats arguing about some other man’s value on a useless wooden toy. 

Thing is tho foreigners don't really get to choose like that. I'm sure he'd of rather skated for Adidas instead of Red Bull or whatever but you gotta take what little opportunities you get. To live in America you need a visa and have to have steady sponsors and shit. Dreams aren't free.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2022, 06:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thing is tho foreigners don't really get to choose like that. I'm sure he'd of rather skated for Adidas instead of Red Bull or whatever but you gotta take what little opportunities you get. To live in America you need a visa and have to have steady sponsors and shit. Dreams aren't free.

Sometimes they’re paid in redbull and vlogs.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2022, 07:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess red bull and go pro are also better sponsor in terms of handling insurance and bureaucracy stuff.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2022, 07:29:28 AM »
Dude is like the men’s clothing section at Target.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2022, 01:05:56 PM »
People hating so bad I was not expecting the part to be good at all. I don't even hate the trick selection this guy isn't ever going to be Bobby Puleo, but I bet if you switched his name to Wade Desarmo people would be feeling this part more. He's got a really clean style, some tech and quick footed stuff, not bad at all. I did watch on mute though because I already know it probably has wack music.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2022, 01:29:56 PM »
A new thing I’ve been doing is asking myself “is this part so good that if he dressed like Nigel I would still be impressed. “
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 46
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2022, 02:22:05 PM »
The problem is probably that he came up in a time where skateboarding took drastic turn to wallies and such.

Figured i'd post his best part here

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2022, 04:54:54 PM »
He is of redbull and go pro.

Great sponsor me tape.
Miss you Rusty Berings

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2022, 05:31:03 PM »
The problem is probably that he came up in a time where skateboarding took drastic turn to wallies and such.

Figured i'd post his best part here

Damn never saw this part before, this had me picturing a way different outcome where Sewa became part of the sabotage crew or something way more exciting than whatever the hell this late part is about
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2022, 01:06:25 AM »
He is of redbull and go pro.

Great sponsor me tape.

source?

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

pops

• Rep: 250
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2022, 01:48:08 AM »
I used to like this type of skating back in 2000.

ouricecreammachineisdown

• Rep: -11
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2022, 02:23:25 AM »
People hating so bad I was not expecting the part to be good at all. I don't even hate the trick selection this guy isn't ever going to be Bobby Puleo, but I bet if you switched his name to Wade Desarmo people would be feeling this part more. He's got a really clean style, some tech and quick footed stuff, not bad at all. I did watch on mute though because I already know it probably has wack music.

Pretty much. Not horrible by any means and honestly I think that's as good as a late flip will ever look. I'd rather have those than the double flips. Sewa isn't bad at all. I'm not a fan in particular but he's not worth bagging on.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2022, 05:03:21 AM »
Sewa is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways he is absolute euro trash but please everyone take note how he has one of the best fs flips and 360 flips there is.

Sewa I know you're lurking so i'm gonna give you some constructive criticism:

- Immediately lose all the double flips, late flips and nollie front foot flips. Those tricks seriously devalue you as a skater.

- You need to take a few more pushes into your tricks. You're skating too slow by today's professional standards.

- You need to switch up your garderobe. Lose the not so loose cargo pants, colorful hoodies and sports caps. Coldpizza is on point when he says you look like the men’s clothing section at Target.

- Obviously you seem to go the gym but on a skateboard it looks stupid with the clothes you wear. If you have muscle, then you need to have really loose clothes. Unless you're busenitz.

- The macho rap tunes you use for your parts are consistently hideous and make you look dumb. Especially considering you are a white dutch/russian dude.

- It's not a bad thing to have not so perfectly executed tricks in your part. On the contrary it would make you look more relaxed and natural, less contrived and calculated. So more speed, less robotics.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2022, 05:37:23 AM »
In an parallel universe this would be an Alex mizurov part and sewa would be banned from the berrics

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2022, 11:48:25 AM »
That was way better than I expected.

Sewa seems like a nice guy, and while a lot of the tricks he does easily fall into no-go territory, I honestly don't think it's the case for him. He pops and flicks his tricks super well - a lot of the stuff he does are not supposed to look as clean as he make them. He has one of the best fs flips in the business, and he obviously cares that his tricks are performed well.

Can't call him a kook, and I hope someone would sponsor him.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2022, 12:48:00 PM »
Sewa is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways he is absolute euro trash but please everyone take note how he has one of the best fs flips and 360 flips there is.

- Immediately lose all the double flips, late flips and nollie front foot flips. Those tricks seriously devalue you as a skater.

- You need to take a few more pushes into your tricks. You're skating too slow by today's professional standards.

- You need to switch up your garderobe. Lose the not so loose cargo pants, colorful hoodies and sports caps. Coldpizza is on point when he says you look like the men’s clothing section at Target.

- Obviously you seem to go the gym but on a skateboard it looks stupid with the clothes you wear. If you have muscle, then you need to have really loose clothes. Unless you're busenitz.

- The macho rap tunes you use for your parts are consistently hideous and make you look dumb. Especially considering you are a white dutch/russian dude.

- It's not a bad thing to have not so perfectly executed tricks in your part. On the contrary it would make you look more relaxed and natural, less contrived and calculated. So more speed, less robotics.

Sorry for derailing the thread but you reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask on slap.

How do my fellow u.s. pals think about people from other parts of the world using american rap music for their skate parts?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1222
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2022, 01:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sorry for derailing the thread but you reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask on slap.

How do my fellow u.s. pals think about people from other parts of the world using american rap music for their skate parts?

Who gives a shit?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Roy Machine

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2022, 01:11:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?

I do. That's why I asked

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2022, 01:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked

Well, what's your opinion than? Why do you give a shit about it, and is it rap specifically you care about? Is it only America, or do you care when someone skates to any song from a different country than their own? Did you give a shit when Puig skated to The Pet Shop Boys? Come on, lay it on me.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Roy Machine

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

Well, what's your opinion than? Why do you give a shit about it, and is it rap specifically you care about? Is it only America, or do you care when someone skates to any song from a different country than their own? Did you give a shit when Puig skated to The Pet Shop Boys? Come on, lay it on me.

Haha why are you so agitated by this question? I was just wondering because rap music is often used to make someone look tough or from the street etc. Most e.g. european skaters are so far away from the reality that is showcased in american rap music so I was curious what you guys think about it. You don't have this discrapency with the pet shop boys

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2022, 02:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

Haha why are you so agitated by this question? I was just wondering because rap music is often used to make someone look tough or from the street etc. Most e.g. european skaters are so far away from the reality that is showcased in american rap music so I was curious what you guys think about it. You don't have this discrapency with the pet shop boys

I'm only agitated because I'm Sewa and I feel like you're trying to imply that I'm not tough enough to skate to scary American rap. Just because Europe is known historically as an incredibly non-violent place doesn't meant I can't like DMX.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Roy Machine

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2022, 02:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm only agitated because I'm Sewa and I feel like you're trying to imply that I'm not tough enough to skate to scary American rap. Just because Europe is known historically as an incredibly non-violent place doesn't meant I can't like DMX.

Dude you are so butthurt what ist wrong? I like scary american rap as well. I just always smirk a little when another 13 year old from Germany uses some gangster music from the us in his edit

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2022, 02:52:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude you are so butthurt what ist wrong? I like scary american rap as well. I just always smirk a little when another 13 year old from Germany uses some gangster music from the us in his edit

Yeah my ass hurts, what's it to you? How about I fly to America and bring my 13 year old friend and he absolutely clobbers you to a C-Murder song
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2022, 03:15:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How old are you? Most of skaters chose their songs for the beats and vibe. If skate a lot in the streets, no matter if it is in Berlin or Barcelona, all big cities has almost the same issues. Is Gino the biggest gangster in the game? Gino shouldnt put Wu tang songs in his videoparts?
Miss you Rusty Berings

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2022, 03:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote
He made the courthouse stage looks so small
[close]

it isnt that high, is it? feel like there has been a good amount of footage with certain angles that showcased it is as smaller than I always thought it is. Did/ Can somebody measure it?