Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985307 times)

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6690 on: June 10, 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
My wife chastised me for buying the Busenitz, so I promptly took to eBay and got some Bones 100s for $17.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6691 on: June 10, 2021, 08:20:01 PM »
Got some recicle materials Tyshawn's, can't wait.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1951
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6692 on: June 10, 2021, 10:13:44 PM »
My wife chastised me for buying the Busenitz, so I promptly took to eBay and got some Bones 100s for $17.

Looking at my incoming delivery of shoes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6693 on: June 11, 2021, 02:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looking at my incoming delivery of shoes.
Hahaha yeah. Atta boy.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6694 on: June 11, 2021, 06:17:23 AM »
I unwillingly bought one of those wrist protectors with the plastic protection in it. I have this hard blood clot in my palm and the doctor said it would probably go away within 6 to 8 weeks if I could avoid falling on it regularly. Alas, this is not possible so I had to buy the protector. Only cost me 10 bucks at Decathlon tho.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6695 on: June 11, 2021, 10:54:26 AM »
I unwillingly bought one of those wrist protectors with the plastic protection in it. I have this hard blood clot in my palm and the doctor said it would probably go away within 6 to 8 weeks if I could avoid falling on it regularly. Alas, this is not possible so I had to buy the protector. Only cost me 10 bucks at Decathlon tho.

I wear one on my left hand, first couple of slams were hairy since the plastic was slick and I landed chest first on a few falls because it slipped out. Better now that it's a few weeks ok but the rivets holding mine together are falling apart.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6696 on: June 11, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear one on my left hand, first couple of slams were hairy since the plastic was slick and I landed chest first on a few falls because it slipped out. Better now that it's a few weeks ok but the rivets holding mine together are falling apart.

Thanks for the warning mate.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #6697 on: June 11, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »

Used to be against skating with a wrist guard until I started skating with one on. Got my mobility in my wrist back without having to take much time off. I never learned to bail the right way, this thing def helps.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6698 on: June 12, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
Bought an “OG shape” Baker board 2 days ago. Looked like standard popsicle at first glance and it was in the dimension I like to skate, 8.0x 31.5. So far I’ve learned it’s a good shape for kickflips, and tail/nose slides but the shape sucks for tre flips. So hard to get that proper scoop. Been really enjoying tre flipping gaps lately so I’m extra bummed about it. There was a time in my life where boxy tails felt good to do tre flips with, nowadays i need to remember that pointy is better. At the same time I’m enjoying skating ledges with it so i can’t give it to a kid quite yet. I’m hoping I snap it trying to jump down something in the next few days and can just move on already lol. I also really like the graphic so I might retire it early as a wall hanger or second setup or something.
Not calling you out cause I've had the same feeling but the impulse to want your board to snap really bums be out. Or it bums my kid self out to be specific.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6699 on: June 12, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Bought an “OG shape” Baker board 2 days ago. Looked like standard popsicle at first glance and it was in the dimension I like to skate, 8.0x 31.5. So far I’ve learned it’s a good shape for kickflips, and tail/nose slides but the shape sucks for tre flips. So hard to get that proper scoop. Been really enjoying tre flipping gaps lately so I’m extra bummed about it. There was a time in my life where boxy tails felt good to do tre flips with, nowadays i need to remember that pointy is better. At the same time I’m enjoying skating ledges with it so i can’t give it to a kid quite yet. I’m hoping I snap it trying to jump down something in the next few days and can just move on already lol. I also really like the graphic so I might retire it early as a wall hanger or second setup or something.
[close]
Not calling you out cause I've had the same feeling but the impulse to want your board to snap really bums be out. Or it bums my kid self out to be specific.
For real. Not coming down on him or anything, but if you don't want it, take it to a park, mail it to a Slap Pal, whatever. 

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
« Reply #6700 on: June 13, 2021, 02:23:42 AM »
Expand Quote

2x Strangelove Hell on Wheels 8.12" x 31.65" 14.12wb
Doom Sayers Snake Shake 8.25" x 31.65" 14.2ish wb (PS Stix)

Panic bought the yellow Hell on Wheels because the hypebeast dunk collector and ebay reseller types have made it so hard to get strangelove boards for people who actually want to skate them and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find the black one which is the one I wanted. The yellow is actually better looking than the black in person though, so I'm happy with both.

Doom is up there with toy machine for woodshop roulette and I didn't even realize they had done snake shakes in the last PS run so I was hyped to find one from a shop in El Paso. I got killed on the shipping and they forgot to throw the grip I paid for in the box but it happens so I'm not really mad. It was mob anyways and I'm a jessup (or blank grizzly if I want something grippier) kinda guy. Shape looks good, I haven't had a chance to mold match it yet but the tail is mellower than I was expecting. Nice stain too, if I have to get green then I definitely prefer one like this, almost a dark olive or something.
[close]

Goddamn. These look fucking great. Very jealous. Had a doom board from back when and it was one of the best decks I’ve had.
Strangelove is the best company, always bummed I didn’t buy more paisley, including a few specific graphics. Wasn’t aware that the hb’s were buying them all up. The ones I’ve had have been perfect, mellow ps.

@ok The doom is really good. The nose is pretty steep but I like that and just something about the shape works well for me. Its one of those boards that feels like it's working with you rather than battling the trick you're attempting and the board.

Strangelove is a sad story for longtime customers and supporters, although hopefully it's very profitable for Cliver & Co because they deserve it. I too wish I had loaded up on paisley, I really regret not getting a balloon boy or the citizen Tania which is still to this day maybe the most impressive screen job I've ever seen. It's like 13 screens but screaming squeegees pulled it off perfectly. Strangelove got mega popular when they did the valentines dunks and went from something old dudes who grew up on cliver would skate and occasionally collect to the new "cool" brand almost instantly. Now it's kind of like when FA was at its height and they sell out instantly if put online so a lot of shops only sell in store. Apparently Radio is going to be carrying them now though which is awesome for me.

It definitely makes it difficult for those who want to actually skate them to find them and when I do come across them they're often marked up a good bit. The shapes have all been really good, they have a short 8.25 (I think it's like 31.3ish) that they occasionally do which I really like. Unfortunately the last board they did on it was the heart skull which is like the most coveted by the dunk punks so I've been kind of hoarding the one I have for a while and only pull it out when I feel like I'm skating well enough to not waste it. They said they're doing more on that shape though so hopefully the hype dies down a bit by the time it comes out. The elves 8.25 from the Xmas release is great too.

If you want one to skate I have an 8.25 wolf boy slick that I'm selling. It's in good shape and has lots of life left. It's more of a medium, not as mellow as the elves one, but not super steep either.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #6701 on: June 14, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »
After my septic baptism on Friday I wad able to swing by no comply and treat myself to a new deck on Saturday.

Darkroom Mousetrap
9.125” x 31.5”
14.37” wb
Nose 6.3134”
Tail 6.68”

With some mob grib.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:25:10 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6702 on: June 14, 2021, 02:44:25 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #6703 on: June 14, 2021, 02:52:03 PM »
same pair I just copped^^

The toe was short but its not as bad a week+ in

Mine had that same scraping on the toe a bit aesthetically
Skate pretty well.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6704 on: June 14, 2021, 02:57:44 PM »
same pair I just copped^^

The toe was short but its not as bad a week+ in

Mine had that same scraping on the toe a bit aesthetically
Skate pretty well.
According to the chilean adidas site they're supposed to be made from recycled materials. Any Intel if that's true?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #6705 on: June 14, 2021, 03:00:52 PM »
no idea, uh have you surfed in chile? There's a crazy left-hand pointbreak there I want to visit/
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #6706 on: June 14, 2021, 03:03:25 PM »
Orchard has Allen head 7/8 shop bolts now, picked up a few sets.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6707 on: June 14, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
no idea, uh have you surfed in chile? There's a crazy left-hand pointbreak there I want to visit/
Nope, I don't like salty water tbh
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #6708 on: June 15, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »
More SJ AR 7/8 allen bolts. Large heads that stay black - had to stock up.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #6709 on: June 16, 2021, 05:51:26 AM »
Clown 21 Gun salute. Hand screened in the UK on an 8.25.

1 of 21 made for their 21st anniversary...got very lucky to grab one before they sold out in a matter of seconds.

I'm not huge on collecting, but I grew up in Bristol around Banksys stuff, and fondly remember when Clown got going back in the day...so thought I would treat myself.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6710 on: June 16, 2021, 01:38:38 PM »

I forgotten this shoe is nylon in the ollie areas. I'm going to glue that part maybe.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #6711 on: June 16, 2021, 03:41:01 PM »

Bunch of ACG stuff for super cheap. God I love a good bargain

Edit - I just realised this isn’t skate related but it keeps my head warm while skating??

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6712 on: June 16, 2021, 04:33:52 PM »

I forgotten this shoe is nylon in the ollie areas. I'm going to glue that part maybe.

Best shoe. Hope they keep them coming.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #6713 on: June 16, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »

New tires.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6714 on: June 16, 2021, 06:52:50 PM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Festivus

• Rep: 12
  • For the rest of us
« Reply #6715 on: June 16, 2021, 07:12:03 PM »
Recently bought these 8.25" Venture featherlite's

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #6716 on: June 17, 2021, 11:22:29 AM »

was gonna cop one of the clones until i saw this, fuckin hyped

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #6717 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:29 PM »

what year are these from?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6718 on: June 17, 2021, 07:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would say 90s, as I have some very old used ones like that, but who knows.  In 2003+ they only had 4 hole baseplates in the shop I was in and kids used to trip on the display of old trucks with six hole baseplates asking why anyone would want them like that.

The only major brand that has carried 6 hole baseplates into the modern age is Indy in the newer and only larger sizes (159, 169, 215 and 109s) but there are still a lot out there of many brands from when 6 hole baseplates were the norm.

Pretty cool to see what looks like a brand new unused set like that though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Festivus

• Rep: 12
  • For the rest of us
« Reply #6719 on: June 17, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I would say 90s, as I have some very old used ones like that, but who knows.
This set was made between late '92 and '94.