Author Topic: Biggest skate regret  (Read 2984 times)

SHARPSHOOTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -297
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Biggest skate regret
« Reply #90 on: Today at 12:01:03 AM »
Spending too much time with my friends who only wanted to be piles and never wanted to film or go on trips and dragged myself down. Being sponsored is overrated anyways, get a good career so you can buy shit and not have to huck 15 rails for a pair of shoes

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #91 on: Today at 12:21:27 AM »
deck width, should have sized up way earlier to 8.5 or something. but back then even an 8" was considered a ship.
landing tricks down stairs/gaps maybe would have been easier, more room to place us12 sized feet on something wider than a 7.5 to 7.8. shrugman
Grass isn't always greener. I did size up early and it was always a major hassle trying to find big boards and ended up always costing me way more.
Landing tricks down gaps is probably true but looking back I probably shouldn't have been trying to flip down gaps at all

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #92 on: Today at 12:55:08 AM »
Expand Quote
deck width, should have sized up way earlier to 8.5 or something. but back then even an 8" was considered a ship.
landing tricks down stairs/gaps maybe would have been easier, more room to place us12 sized feet on something wider than a 7.5 to 7.8. shrugman
[close]
Grass isn't always greener. I did size up early and it was always a major hassle trying to find big boards and ended up always costing me way more.
Landing tricks down gaps is probably true but looking back I probably shouldn't have been trying to flip down gaps at all

I don't think size matters to much. I regret not caring. I was the dude that took someone's else's used one to pay for phone or gas or tuition. I'd be way better if I would have bought my own gear or didn't go to home depot to fix trucks or grab hardware.

Dad Board

• Rep: 89
« Reply #93 on: Today at 08:55:24 AM »
It’s more a symptom of the time period but when I was younger it seemed like there were only two types of skating: hesh rail guy or fresh tech guy. I wish I would have seen someone like Max Palmer skate back then or had the foresight to see how dumb some of the guidelines of the early 2000’s really were and think more outside the box. I really admire some of these new guys ability to mix different styles of skating and look at spots differently than we ever did.