Author Topic: Name a song you like by a band you don't. Explain.  (Read 10682 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
Re: Name a song you like by a band you don't. Explain.
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I think the only Rihanna song I really like is that Yellow Diamonds song.

Madonna has always seemed lame to me, but Like A Prayer is a banger.
[close]
Like A Prayer is the best song about BJs
Second best I'd say...

This girl sucks at music, but this song with Chief Keef is sick:

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2264
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think the only Rihanna song I really like is that Yellow Diamonds song.

Madonna has always seemed lame to me, but Like A Prayer is a banger.
[close]
Like A Prayer is the best song about BJs
[close]
Second best I'd say...

This girl sucks at music, but this song with Chief Keef is sick:

Three 6 has top honors for sure,but I'll still hear Like a Prayer on the radio haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2019, 09:20:45 AM »
  Zappas shit sounds corny/horrible to me but i love "my guitar wants to kill ur mama".  I hope theres other stuff of his i like.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2019, 10:11:13 PM »
  Zappas shit sounds corny/horrible to me but i love "my guitar wants to kill ur mama".  I hope theres other stuff of his i like.

What about Hot Rats?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What about Hot Rats?

Thank you!   - Thats a good one, I'd say.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2019, 04:08:12 PM »
Handsome Devil by the Smiths. I was never into the Smiths, especially Morrisey. When Really Sorry first came out, I was very closed minded about music but since I really liked Arto and his part, I let that song slide. I don't purposely listen to that band but if it's on, I won't make a fuzz since I'm nostalgic about Arto's part and that whole video. Johnny Marr is a pretty good guitarist and I can enjoy his guitar parts and songs outside anything to do with Morrisey. I know The Smiths/Morrisey have a following in Skateboarding but it's just not for me.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2019, 04:12:14 PM »
Grunge in general is depressing for me, even Nirvana. Not depressing in that I want to listen to it when I feel down but just avoid it altogether. But I like the tone of this song. It has some cool moments with the guitar riff.

This song is terribly cheesy. But it reminds me of the time after graduating college when I was free and still young and all I did was party with my friends. We were all single and the future was wide open. It was playing all the time, everywhere. It's a somewhat tolerable mix of dad rock and pop rock.

The Beatles. They have a lot of decent songs. But they are unbelievably overrated by the Baby Boomers who worship them. I don't consider them rock 'n' roll at all, except for the early days when they were covering actual rock 'n' roll songs. They were a pop rock band. The rhythm of this song is very cool though. It reminds me of Dusty Springfield.

I'm biased since I love the Beatles but I have friends who arent' into them. That's fine. I do usually play this song for them since it's so good, most of my friends agree. It's a good song to introduce The Beatles since it's an excellent song in which the Lennon/McCartney collaboration is 100% since they're the only two members on the recording.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
Lennons voice is amazing^.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2019, 06:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Grunge in general is depressing for me, even Nirvana. Not depressing in that I want to listen to it when I feel down but just avoid it altogether. But I like the tone of this song. It has some cool moments with the guitar riff.

This song is terribly cheesy. But it reminds me of the time after graduating college when I was free and still young and all I did was party with my friends. We were all single and the future was wide open. It was playing all the time, everywhere. It's a somewhat tolerable mix of dad rock and pop rock.

The Beatles. They have a lot of decent songs. But they are unbelievably overrated by the Baby Boomers who worship them. I don't consider them rock 'n' roll at all, except for the early days when they were covering actual rock 'n' roll songs. They were a pop rock band. The rhythm of this song is very cool though. It reminds me of Dusty Springfield.

[close]

I'm biased since I love the Beatles but I have friends who arent' into them. That's fine. I do usually play this song for them since it's so good, most of my friends agree. It's a good song to introduce The Beatles since it's an excellent song in which the Lennon/McCartney collaboration is 100% since they're the only two members on the recording.
  "I need to know"  by Marc Anthony is alot like that Santana/Rob Thomas song except its way better.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »
i hate acdc .. not a single song
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2019, 12:31:23 PM »
papa roach last resort .. i was 12 and my brain was still spongey so you know, im sorry
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2264
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
papa roach last resort .. i was 12 and my brain was still spongey so you know, im sorry
Suffocation NO BREATHING.

Thanks now this is in my head.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house