Author Topic: Which Guys Will Kill It For the Next 10 and Who Will Fall Off  (Read 5658 times)

era

Re: Which Guys Will Kill It For the Next 10 and Who Will Fall Off
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »
van wastell

masturskater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »
i think bachinsky is gonna blow up after the promo...if you all don't think he's already blown up

skeet skeet, skate street

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »
that Robbie Russo kid as well will all probably go really far in skating

I saw this kid at Channel Street and couldn't believe it.  He has the most effortless style and just doesn't stop.  It's one thing to see somebody's edited part in a video and it's another to watch some little kid kill it for 30 minutes and never fuck up.  I'm really rooting for this guy.

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »
hate to say it, but I don't think dan renaud will stick it for another ten years

I think he'll always be skating, but as far as being pro he might blow it and not be pro anymore. He's a great skater but there's endless stories of him being a real moron.

cahl

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »
CHIMA~

paulo from vicwest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
Anyone like bobby, cliche I know but he has the right idea to stay gold
skate more flat

BriDen

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
In addition to many already named, I hope Torey Pudwill and Neen Williams are still killing it in 10 years.

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
pretty much everyone already said. i have a feeling lucas puig will be that main dude though. i really hope antwuan doesn't end in jail for a long time or dead and instead still killing it. trapasso i hope doesn't fall off either, he's too good.

EDIT: shit, i forgot to mention that jaime palmore, jimmy cao and especially kellen james will still be killing shit for a long time too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:37:54 PM by tiger woods »

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »
Expand Quote
hate to say it, but I don't think dan renaud will stick it for another ten years
[close]

I think he'll always be skating, but as far as being pro he might blow it and not be pro anymore. He's a great skater but there's endless stories of him being a real moron.

i think being a cripple might hold him back 'for the next 10'.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
Nick Mclouth. I just watched his mag minute.... holy hell.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
Neen and Steve Fauser. Go head an kook me for that one, but Fauser kills it.

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
the Decenzo brothers.

Epic

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »
all the crailtap ams, the toy ams, all volcom ams, torey pudwill, sheckler will be a kook but still be amazing, and Neen Williams will slowly but surely pick up some legit sponsers.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
...like that board company he's on now isn't legit or anything?

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »
i couldnt picture john rattray or rick mccrank slowing down in the next 10 years

BobbyPuleoJr

• Rep: -3
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 05:35:11 PM »
gilbert crockett
this dude travis pittman from here has a ton of potential

You from Richmond? Me too!!!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
A lot of the dudes you guys picked are on their way out as soon as this "creative" trend is over.

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »
A lot of the dudes you guys picked are on their way out as soon as this "creative" trend is over.

What the hell are you talking about?  Creativity is the heart of skateboarding.  Skateboarding would suck if everyone just kept doing the same shit.  What type of skating do you want to watch if it's not creative?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What the hell are you talking about?  Creativity is the heart of skateboarding.  Skateboarding would suck if everyone just kept doing the same shit.  What type of skating do you want to watch if it's not creative?
By "creative" i mean doing gay shit like wallrides, polejams, fake transistion, tricks into lame ass banks that aren't even that steep,and the like.

ahl33

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »
Neen and Steve Fauser. Go head an kook me for that one, but Fauser kills it.
you must be from chicago

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
By "creative" i mean doing gay shit like wallrides, polejams, fake transistion, tricks into lame ass banks that aren't even that steep,and the like.

i'd rather watch that than a video full of handrails and stairs.

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

its possible for the creativity to branch off into handrail and stair skating, stair skating isn't limited to jumping down them.

yerp215

• Rep: 6
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
pole jams and wallrides arent a trend, those tricks were pioneered before gaps and handrails were. lets see you wallride a straight wall, it takes just as much skill as your bs 5-0 down a handrail, if not more

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

its possible for the creativity to branch off into handrail and stair skating, stair skating isn't limited to jumping down them.

Yeah but he doesn't want to see "creative" skateboarding.  He'd rather watch unoriginal trick on handrails and stairs.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »
I beg to differ yerp...and I'm a fan of wallrides

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
pole jams and wallrides arent a trend, those tricks were pioneered before gaps and handrails were. lets see you wallride a straight wall, it takes just as much skill as your bs 5-0 down a handrail, if not more
HAHAHA. Even if that is true, I'm not am, I don't have to constantly put out footage for sponsors, they do. If they are doing anything that's on the same level as my skating(you said it, not me), then they do not deserve to be sponsored.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah but he doesn't want to see "creative" skateboarding.  He'd rather watch unoriginal trick on handrails and stairs.
I've never even said what i would rather watch, than "creative" skating. I actually prefer Ledges and manuals, but if someone is doing tech shit on handrails, or good flip tricks down stairs, that is always adds to their watchability factor.

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
HAHAHA. Even if that is true, I'm not am, I don't have to constantly put out footage for sponsors, they do. If they are doing anything that's on the same level as my skating(you said it, not me), then they do not deserve to be sponsored.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I've never even said what i would rather watch, than "creative" skating. I actually prefer Ledges and manuals, but if someone is doing tech shit on handrails, or good flip tricks down stairs, that is always adds to their watchability factor.

This is Slap, man. Banks and pole jams will win out every time over rail tricks.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
ChildoftheGhetto, you should be happy to know that Mike Anderson fits your category of a watchable skateboarder.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

yerp215

• Rep: 6
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
I beg to differ yerp...and I'm a fan of wallrides

i backside 5-0ed a handrail before i did a wallride on a straight wall, not that means one trick is harder then the other, but for me wallrides took me longer to learn.