Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3066163 times)

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #44340 on: April 03, 2024, 04:21:57 AM »
Daylight savings time!!!

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
  • sup dog
« Reply #44341 on: April 04, 2024, 10:19:42 AM »
Got a blood draw today for general panel work.

Didn’t freak out, and took it rather well.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 63
« Reply #44342 on: April 04, 2024, 01:44:05 PM »
Finally burnt out on social media; specifically instagram. Deactivated my account today. Gonna try to stay off for a week. If I can do that successfully, I'm going to delete my account and never come back.

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44343 on: April 04, 2024, 04:06:11 PM »
Finally burnt out on social media; specifically instagram. Deactivated my account today. Gonna try to stay off for a week. If I can do that successfully, I'm going to delete my account and never come back.

Keep it for memories but delete the app. I remember I had a YouTube channel for years that had hours of videos of my friends and I skating growing up. I deleted the channel in high school because people were pulling up videos of me slamming in class. I wouldn’t recommend deleting the account from my personal experience; you’ll wish you could still physically access the memories

meg

• Rep: -64
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44344 on: April 04, 2024, 04:30:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep it for memories but delete the app. I remember I had a YouTube channel for years that had hours of videos of my friends and I skating growing up. I deleted the channel in high school because people were pulling up videos of me slamming in class. I wouldn’t recommend deleting the account from my personal experience; you’ll wish you could still physically access the memories
What I did is save all the pictures I wanted and made a new Instagram and put them on it just so I have a place where I can go back and view them, dont use this account to instagram with its just a place on the cloud to store pictures, then deleted my main account.

It's been a year so far and I have no wants to get back on Instagram.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44345 on: April 04, 2024, 05:34:59 PM »
Im playing with fang in like 3 days.

Then the next week ? i think. Im playing with HIRS. Fuck yes. I have 3 of their releases. The first 100. The next 100 that ends with my absolute favorite. The one with the long delay loop and the Gremlins sample. Its like my old shit but better. Best noisecore ish track ever.

Last time i saw them they was a 2 piece. I thought i was going to be the only one there. Nope. Good turn out for the DC. Everyone sang the dance/ OOOooooo part and i was like damn. This is so sick.

The sexy flexy. I might ask them to sign it. I know its nerd shit but they fucking rule
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #44346 on: April 04, 2024, 09:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When I moved I threw out years of tapes, all kinds of first times landing tricks, friends doing funny stuff. Just in a bad place mentally then. It is still one of the biggest regrets in my life and the only one that I think about and can feel like shit instantly. Such is life, but at least I have one clip that was replayed to hell and back. Our whole school would watch our stuff later on or we would get it into the shitty ass school video news. Nobody would care about the news but our friends and teachers would always mention our clips we got on there.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #44347 on: April 04, 2024, 09:45:26 PM »
Okay, yall got me. Maybe I won’t fully delete it, but I need to stay off of it for a good while. It’s heavily contributing to my mental health issues.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 11:40:16 AM by meaningless mess »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #44348 on: April 05, 2024, 10:10:50 AM »
A new shop is opening up. Our last shop was half bar/half shop and that closed a couple months ago. Planning on filming a sponsor me of just slappies, hope I can get a free tee shirt

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #44349 on: April 05, 2024, 12:17:45 PM »
A new shop is opening up. Our last shop was half bar/half shop and that closed a couple months ago. Planning on filming a sponsor me of just slappies, hope I can get a free tee shirt
Drop a link for us. I want to support a local shop since the one here closed.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
« Reply #44350 on: April 05, 2024, 06:58:14 PM »
I did a rock fakie today for the first time in well over a decade. I was fully padded and looked like an absolute dork but it felt like a big accomplishment in the moment. I’ve been skating consistently for the last 6 weeks and it feels great.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44351 on: April 05, 2024, 08:55:31 PM »
I did a rock fakie today for the first time in well over a decade. I was fully padded and looked like an absolute dork but it felt like a big accomplishment in the moment. I’ve been skating consistently for the last 6 weeks and it feels great.
And that’s all that matters. Have a virtual “aw, hell yeah!”

LUGR

• Rep: 48
« Reply #44352 on: April 05, 2024, 10:48:26 PM »

I feel you on this an went through it in 2017. Stayed off  IG for 5 years, totally forgot about and moved on. But over the years I realized I lost contact with a lot of people. So, just be weary of that and make whatever extra effort you need to stay in touch if you want to stay in touch. I rejoined about 4 months ago to get in touch with peeps around the world that I hadn’t talked to in years. It has been really good, and have moved most conversations to WhatsApp.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #44353 on: April 06, 2024, 07:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Drop a link for us. I want to support a local shop since the one here closed.

https://www.instagram.com/devils.island.skateboard.co?igsh=MWZoY241cno2b2t4bg==

Today is their first day open I think. Gonna swing thru and get some wheels

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #44354 on: April 06, 2024, 03:27:12 PM »
Found a good spot today close to home and came across a rad shirt while scrolling.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 806
« Reply #44355 on: April 06, 2024, 04:14:45 PM »
Couldn't get anything going at the skatepark yesterday. Skating by myself but not really inspired. Along comes a ponytailed deadhead pad dad in his 50s. He does about 30 mins of yoga before paddling up. I decided to be nice and not just my usual grumpy self. We had a nice chat. He could barely hit coping or ollie but his enthusiasm was contagious and really helped get my session rolling. Mutual respect and stoke carried us both to a better place.

...and then we started talking about Dragon formula urethane...

hmmoookay

• Rep: 70
  • content nausea
« Reply #44356 on: April 07, 2024, 08:00:00 AM »
Couldn't get anything going at the skatepark yesterday. Skating by myself but not really inspired. Along comes a ponytailed deadhead pad dad in his 50s. He does about 30 mins of yoga before paddling up. I decided to be nice and not just my usual grumpy self. We had a nice chat. He could barely hit coping or ollie but his enthusiasm was contagious and really helped get my session rolling. Mutual respect and stoke carried us both to a better place.

...and then we started talking about Dragon formula urethane...

I'm working on this too. Kinda crazy how even just a tiny bit of kindness goes really far sometimes. Easier said than done.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44357 on: April 08, 2024, 11:35:09 AM »
Im finally able to skate without any ankle pain

Heshrat

• Rep: -9
« Reply #44358 on: April 08, 2024, 12:05:30 PM »
I’ve been playing baskebtall a little more lately, and think I’ve gotten better at it in my 20s than I was when I was in middle/high school. I’ve been playing longer than I’ve been skating (since I was 3) it’s cool to get back into somethjng you kind of left behind.
I did your mom

Crust

• Rep: 44
« Reply #44359 on: April 08, 2024, 12:33:44 PM »

I can only imagine, first rock fake in over a decade must have felt so rad! Getting second hand stoke off this

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
« Reply #44360 on: April 08, 2024, 01:14:49 PM »
@JM @Crust yall are juicing me up way too much. Appreciate it ❤️

Crust

• Rep: 44
« Reply #44361 on: April 08, 2024, 01:19:50 PM »

No bothers! Hope to read more developments on the @fakie nollie stoke stories in future

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44362 on: April 09, 2024, 02:07:13 PM »
@fakie nollie
Gotta share the stoke 8)

What’s next? fakie rock? Back rock? Front rock? Slash?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #44363 on: April 10, 2024, 07:50:52 AM »
Got up at 4:30 this morning to go for an early morning bike ride with one of my best friends. He’s got 2 kids so it’s hard to hang out as much as we’d like to, so i end up meeting his schedule more often even if it means changing mine.

Got a flat on my way home but i was luckily right by a bus stop so that was nice.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #44364 on: April 10, 2024, 05:53:03 PM »
Learned a new trick first time in a while

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1412
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44365 on: April 10, 2024, 05:56:54 PM »
My homegirl Betty turned 87 today! After a vigorous 2 hr yoga class, we had a lil party at the center. Always an inspiration to do 5 minutes of forearm planks with 87 year old Betty leading the way.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #44366 on: April 10, 2024, 08:08:16 PM »
Got up at 4:30 this morning to go for an early morning bike ride with one of my best friends. He’s got 2 kids so it’s hard to hang out as much as we’d like to, so i end up meeting his schedule more often even if it means changing mine.

Got a flat on my way home but i was luckily right by a bus stop so that was nice.

I have 2 kids and it always means a lot when friends tweak their schedules to make it work with our busy schedule. I'm sure he's grateful for you adjusting your day to hang.

Irvine-Sucks.com

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #44367 on: April 10, 2024, 08:26:36 PM »
When I learned to weld a couple years ago I was treated like a baby and the person acted like it was the hardest thing in the world. I taught my two co-workers the basics in 15 minutes because I trusted them, built them up and explained it's not as hard as people like to pat themselves on the back for.

I'm really stoked and proud because they were so stoked and proud. I really enjoy teaching and this is a really useful skill to have at our job and in life once you see how simple it is.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:08:19 PM by 50mm »

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #44368 on: April 11, 2024, 02:30:44 PM »
Beautiful weather is moving in for the weekend and I cannot wait to go skate with my friends. :)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1412
« Reply #44369 on: April 11, 2024, 05:44:57 PM »
When I learned to weld a couple years ago I was treated like a baby and the person acted like it was the hardest thing in the world. I taught my two co-workers the basics in 15 minutes because I trusted them, built them up and explained it's not as hard as people like to pat themselves on the back for.

I'm really stoked and proud because they were so stoked and proud. I really enjoy teaching and this is a really useful skill to have at our job and in life once you see how simple it is.

Nice! I need to learn how to weld. One of my buds got a welder and the first thing he welded was a patch on my car exhaust. Within two years he was fabricating custom lock boxes for our vans, bumpers, ladders, etc. they weren’t perfect but compared to what shit like that sells for, they are just fine
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty