Author Topic: Budapest - skateboarding and architecture  (Read 952 times)

frukost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:20:16 PM by frukost »

Sondor

• Rep: 60
Re: Budapest - skateboarding and architecture
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
as a native resident of the city, I'm fucking hyped on this video/article

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »

the video and Place's Mag article are really good.

Super interesting brand - graphics and image are pretty unique. Proper art direction!

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
Incredible in every aspect. Thanks for sharing <3

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »
Very cool. I'm heading to Budapest for a week in May. Going with a bunch of non-skaters, but might have to sneak off for a day of exploring...

Also, Sondor, any recommendations? Would you know any good spots for tattoos, drinking, food, etc?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:44:10 PM »
Very cool. I'm heading to Budapest for a week in May. Going with a bunch of non-skaters, but might have to sneak off for a day of exploring...

Also, Sondor, any recommendations? Would you know any good spots for tattoos, drinking, food, etc?

I went to Budapest a bunch of years ago and when I was walking into my hotel, I was shocked to see Omar Salazar skating outside.  He wasn't doing much but going down a ramp/two story handicap ramp, but it looked like he was getting pumped up for something.  As he he had a filmer and no real crew there.

From what I remember of the city, it's split by the Danube.  Buda is on one side and is the more historical side, and Pest is the more modern half where most of this video seems to take place

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 12:54:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I went to Budapest a bunch of years ago and when I was walking into my hotel, I was shocked to see Omar Salazar skating outside.? ? He wasn't doing much but going down a ramp/two story handicap ramp, but it looked like he was getting pumped up for something.? ? As he he had a filmer and no real crew there.

From what I remember of the city, it's split by the Danube.? ? Buda is on one side and is the more historical side, and Pest is the more modern half where most of this video seems to take place

You definitely have to check out this spot called Medium, which is a skateshop and bar combined close to the river.
I can help out too with some other tips as well, just shoot me a PM.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:56:41 AM by getonkrooked »

jsef

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 03:48:05 AM »
Good read, made me think of a Kingpin article I read about snail shaped skatestoppers in Budapest
https://kingpinmag.com/features/snail-skate-stoppers-hungarys-new-style-defensive-architecture.html

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 04:59:41 AM »

Just bring your board, and skate at De?k square (pretty much the centre of the city)
as for tattoos, hit up my buddie on insta (@hedonismworkshop), he also skates so...
for drinks, it's Medium as mentioned before (@mediumskate)

Grind King Rims

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 05:18:29 AM »
Thanks lads. Gnars all around