Author Topic: Who's this Emile2ooo dude?  (Read 6465 times)

Ty evans hanes tee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Who's this Emile2ooo dude?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »
He fuckin rips.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »
Seems like a really fun dude to skate with.  He always looks so fucking enthusiastic.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fs overkrook

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 09:13:32 PM »
Let’s go skate like in the streets

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 09:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
His posse of friends in Portland all skate as hard as they can. It’s dope to see and Emile charges harder than all of them. I feel he embodies that little kid/skate rat energy (even though he’s around 18 now I think).
In my opinion no other company has recently put on an am like Emile. It’s refreshing in current times.
[close]

Glen Fox on Magenta was totally similar. Take some no-name dude out of his obscure neck of the woods then help him build an identity and gradually work him all the way up. That was years before Emile and funnily enough some people didn't get him either because they work in weird ways like that
For sure. I’m a big G Fox fan as well. Doesn’t seem like fun to skate with someone who doesn’t see that his skating is special.

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 02:25:01 AM »
Expand Quote
His posse of friends in Portland all skate as hard as they can. It’s dope to see and Emile charges harder than all of them. I feel he embodies that little kid/skate rat energy (even though he’s around 18 now I think).
In my opinion no other company has recently put on an am like Emile. It’s refreshing in current times.
[close]

Glen Fox on Magenta was totally similar. Take some no-name dude out of his obscure neck of the woods then help him build an identity and gradually work him all the way up. That was years before Emile and funnily enough some people didn't get him either because they work in weird ways like that

I think that you are missing the point, Glenn Fox is totally different, he is actually a tech skater that has amazing reaction time and was influenced by Luka Pinto and the Magenta/Minuit movement.

I think Emile embodies something like late 80's early 90's skateboarding that speaks to Pontus' own youth and view on skating. Hence the Neil Blender References etc.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think that you are missing the point, Glenn Fox is totally different, he is actually a tech skater that has amazing reaction time and was influenced by Luka Pinto and the Magenta/Minuit movement.

I think Emile embodies something like late 80's early 90's skateboarding that speaks to Pontus' own youth and view on skating. Hence the Neil Blender References etc.

Not missing a point that I can see as I clearly wasn't comparing the guys' styles, more so how both weren't established names in the first place yet still a board company gave them a chance and allowed them to come up. In modern times that's a rare occurrence (unless one follows the classic, overwhelming flow / am / pro route with just the right clique of sponsors), and a well-needed, healthy but ballsy move.

I wouldn't sum up the relationship between Glen and Luka as some kind of indirect influence as those guys legitimately share the same history and background, they grew up skating together. To this day catching a glimpse of those two skating the same spot is as mind-blowing as it is rare - you don't see people having a blast skating with each other like that, they just go mach II all over the spot and follow each other like they're sniffing each other, improvising tricks on the same obstacles all the while being three feet tops from each other at high speed and it looks fucked. Pretty sure Glen resonated with Vivien the same way Pontus liked Emile except instead of Neil Blender, it was young Penny they were being reminded of. Different strokes but same approach from both brands.

Otherwise I obviously agree with what you're saying.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:43:01 AM by silhouette »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 05:43:05 AM »
Are you guys competing to see who can jerk off the hardest

thebacker

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 05:52:07 AM »
the truth

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 06:37:28 AM »
Are you guys competing to see who can jerk off the hardest

to abrasion... and beyond!

Little Debbie

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 07:52:02 AM »
his energy comes through on video, definitely gets me juiced to skate

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 07:53:38 AM »
I could see him on frog

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 09:56:36 AM »
I could see him on frog

I agree.  He just needs to get a nice pair of old lady librarian glasses and he’ll be good to go.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 10:49:53 AM »
I could see him on frog

Hjalte and Emile for frog would get me hyped as hell

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I like it, skates with the energy of a 12 year old kid. bout the same height as one to.
[close]

I think that's the biggest thing that bugs me about watching him skate, that's coming from someone who's 5'6

It's not the height, cause I'm a short dude, it's the combo of super roundness and shortness.

Surprised some people here don't like him. He had some of the best stuff in WBIASP

Nah.. I miss the I like it here inside my mind polar..