Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 75767 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »
these jake johnson stories make him sound extremely fried in a way. it's very entertaining. plz if anyone has more bring em.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2021, 01:48:31 PM »
Oh shit i thought of a couple more.

I went to the Creature premiere in South county back when i was working in the industry. After the video i was once again taking a piss and ran into Ryan reyes, and told him his part was cool. He seemed terrified to be speaking to me. After that i went out into the parking lot and asked Chris Russell to take a photo with me. He did and asked to see the photo because he was afraid his eyes looked "too coked out" as he had been doing "a lot of cocaine".

Also last time i was at Washington Street, Chris cope was there with one of my homies from Mexico. They were smoking a j, and i normally don't smoke until after i skate as i tend to not skate as well, but i didn't want to turn down the opportunity. Then i dropped in and got pitched over that big bump in the middle of the main section. Fun times

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
This is probably my favorite thread in all my time on slap. Please don’t let this die.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2021, 02:30:39 PM »
one time ronnie creager frontside flipped onto me

one time i asked bam if he thought punk rock was better than rap or vice versa

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2021, 03:17:13 PM »

Did Bam reply? This isn't "weird questions you have asked Pros"
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Did Bam reply? This isn't "weird questions you have asked Pros"

yah he said he was a fan of “death metal”- an assertion hes backed up 0 times in the course of his public life (he was skating with mike maldonado, both of whom would have been on toy machine at this time-  i was like 8 or 9 so this is before he became the worlds coolest person who lives with his parents for context)

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2021, 04:13:13 PM »
My friend rode for Split Clothing, or something like that. He was invited back to the hotel room for the party after skating and was told to “Bring Chicks”

We all showed up, all of us guys plus him. There must’ve been ten of us total. No girls.

Immediately, Leo Romero, who was there for some reason, looked at all of us entering the room and basically said “what the fuck” And “why” and also told one of my friends he was going to cut his rat tail off.

All of us packed into the motel 6 room sardine style, and we were all waiting to see what was going to happen next!

Heath Kirchart emerges from the bathroom area and calls one of the guys with “Sheckler” and starts on something like, “You need a haircut Sheckler”

Shortly after this a lot of us start to leave the room, partly because of the shame, mostly because Heath is kicking us out.

He kept one of my friends back, the one who invited us and was told to “Bring Chicks”, and proceeded to give a lap dance. We watched through the curtains until Heath stared at us and closed them so quick. We hung out in the hall way for a while after that.

Later, after drinking some Parking lot beers, we decided to re enter the room. We were young and dumb, and offered our friend, the one who Heath called “Sheckler”, for a haircut.

With little confidence, on of us shouted “Shave his head man!”

To which Heath replied, “Gimme a Razor!”

To which one of ours said ... “ I thought, I thought you said you had one?”

At this moment, the joke was immediately over. Heath stared us down, Sheckler especially, and even if we did give him a razor he might’ve attacked one us with it. He stared us down like we were a spot at UCI. He was very very drunk from what I remember. We now left.

Anyway, the whole thing is on film somewhere, and it was fucking hilarious.

Pro-Tip: When Pro’s invite you to their after party, bring girls, not more skaters.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
In my worst drinking days I tried to fight several pro's/am's for example I was renting a basement apartment where Angel Ramirez and Ernie Torres were living above me. I liked Ernie but something about one of those guys those guys were associated with rubbed me the wrong way.

To put some context on the situation we're all partying in this flat we had a tower of Joose cans to the ceiling it was a god damned Eiffel Tower we'd been working on it for quite sometime and someone trips and destroys it that's strike one for them second strike someone who came in and lifted my part of the rent so it's 2007 housing crisis and jobs aren't plentiful in to renting this place and my rent money grew wings, and it was someone from those guys crew that came by.

Never figured out who it was as I had to leave shortly thereafter but shit came to a boil at Streets of London I call someone out and start some shit but after a few swings and some people separating us it was quelled for now. Still am bitter after that shit as I wouldn't expect a fellow skater to be a thief buttttttt there's always someone who disappoints you.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2021, 04:40:56 PM »

He kept one of my friends back, the one who invited us and was told to “Bring Chicks”, and proceeded to give a lap dance. We watched through the curtains until Heath stared at us and closed them so quick. We hung out in the hall way for a while after that.

Yo did one of your homies give heath a fucking lap dance??

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2021, 07:43:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It would straight up not surprise me if Heath was gay. One time I was at an industry event in ghost mode, and so was Heath. I swear to god either Heath  noticed me being out of place where I was, or he was checking me out. To this day, I’ve always pondered if it was the latter, and tbh if Kirchart checked me out that’s a hell of a compliment.

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2021, 08:17:24 PM »
early 2000s I was at an Osiris demo in NH, it was fun, me and my buds stuck around for the whole thing. We stopped to get gas on the way back and the Osiris tour bus rolled up. A bunch of the pros got out and what not. After a few min everyone got back in and the tour bus took off, but a couple min later Matthias Ringstrom comes out of the store. We go up to him are telling him Matthias Matthias the bus just left! He tries calling them but no ones picking up their phone. So we end up giving him a ride back to the hotel. He was clearly pissed they had completely forgotten him and he was now packed in a car with a bunch of local teenagers.

But he was nice on the ride, told us to hold on when we got there and came back out with a bunch of free stuff.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2021, 03:04:51 AM »
This shop had just opened up down the road from me and I needed a fresh deck. I walk inside and some quiet dude walks out from the back wearing nikes and jokes around that I'm buying 8.50 I shoot the shit and take off not thinking about it. A few years later I realized Gino Iannucci griped up my deck.

I was in LA with the boys skating and we see appleyard skating, the guy rips but has APPLYARD on his license plate, kinda kooky idk

Same trip we run into Joeface and some guys at jkwon early in the morning. Only one dude is skating this ledge so I join him. Around my third go I see all these fools giving me the death stare so i read the room and leave, the other dude skating gives me a nod. My friends tell me I was skating that ledge with PJ Ladd

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2021, 03:32:12 AM »
When: Maybe 91-92
Where: Somewhere in SD, outside a cool shop with a steep little bank to curb
What: I was a fatass kid trying to skate that bank to curb. It was hot and my man boobs were sweating thru my shirt. I was looking down at my man boobs and kinda jiggled one with my hand. Thats when I noticed I was not alone. A Honda had pulled up and this black dude was staring at me, disgusted. I said “hi” and skated off to go die somewhere.
Who: I was told that was Alphonso Rawls (may have spelled that wrong)
Why: I was fat. I lost 80 lbs two years later and stopped being fat and having manboobs. May have scarred Alf for life tho.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 05:14:35 AM by FUBAR »

veritas

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2021, 03:55:02 AM »
My friend rode for Split Clothing, or something like that. He was invited back to the hotel room for the party after skating and was told to “Bring Chicks”

We all showed up, all of us guys plus him. There must’ve been ten of us total. No girls.

Immediately, Leo Romero, who was there for some reason, looked at all of us entering the room and basically said “what the fuck” And “why” and also told one of my friends he was going to cut his rat tail off.

Only had to get this far in to know this would be a worthwhile read. Was right.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2021, 05:52:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wait, I thought Heath gave the kid a lap dance?? Regardless this is weird and I would have watched through the curtain, too.

[close]

It would straight up not surprise me if Heath was gay. One time I was at an industry event in ghost mode, and so was Heath. I swear to god either Heath  noticed me being out of place where I was, or he was checking me out. To this day, I’ve always pondered if it was the latter, and tbh if Kirchart checked me out that’s a hell of a compliment.

bigmike

• Rep: 11
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2021, 06:06:21 AM »
This Mountain Dew bowl contest came to our town in Maryland a few years back. After skating one night we were walking around and saw Salba and Duane, wasted on the steps outside some bar, singing about Independent trucks. I don’t think they even noticed like four of us standing there, boards in hand, watching them try to piece together all the lyrics for like 5 minutes

“We’re gonna grind the death box, till we die!
INDE-PENDANT!”

next day my buddy sees Salba walking on the beach and yells “YO SALBA, where’s Juicy?” And he said “that kid doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing” all pissed and kept walking

Also watched Grosso get stoked on our metal mini ramp at the local park. Standing on the flat, he sees a very young, pre-Welcome sponsorship Roman Pabich, yelled “Hey, ginger baby, catch!” and winged a frisbee at him. It was sick.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2021, 06:09:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Wait, I thought Heath gave the kid a lap dance?? Regardless this is weird and I would have watched through the curtain, too.

[close]

[close]
always thought heath was gay, bi or maybe just asexual. he always gave off aspergers vibes, too. all these stories about him weirdly lurking spots, having mad ocd when it comes to filming, and the crazy shit he does all of a sudden when he shot the shit with people make it seem even more so. this would also explain the gaze and him sometimes just staring down people.

anyways, he always had this almost asexual aura to me. i'm on that bi/grey/demi spectrum and the weird party stories about heath remind me of shit i would do at parties while others were flirting and trying to hook up. basically disrupt the whole shit because i found it boring and couldn't relate to putting that much energy into getting laid.

i'm probably wrong, but it's funny others feel the same. the heath gay rumor isn't that new anyways. people were suggesting this way back. i think i saw one pic of heath with what looked like it could be a girlfriend, but could have just been a friend. also bar black is in a gay neighborhood? not saying heath is this or that, but it's a hell lot of coincidences so i can see where the speculation comes from.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2021, 06:19:03 AM »
that’s a lot of words to say you were no fun at parties

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2021, 06:27:33 AM »
Heath has been with the same girl for a long time. And they have a dog. <-- this part matters

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2021, 06:30:10 AM »
i've talked about this before, and compared to some of yalls stories its not as crazy

so i was in Detroit a couple years ago, me and my family were on our way to Toronto. We stopped and hung out for the day
 and looked around, and I kept asking my mom if we could go to the Ride-It DIY out in Hamtramck. Eventually, she obliged and we headed over. I had been skating for about 3 minutes when this old dude gets out of this nice-ish car. At first I was like, "who the fuck is this guy" but just kept skating. I didnt have my glasses, but as soon as he came into focus, I realize its Tony Hawk!!!! Internally I was losing my shit, but also I was very confused as to why he pulled up to this skatepark in the middle of Detroit with nobody else. He was cool as shit tho, incredibly nice. He asked fuckin 14 year old me if I knew how to get up on the tall ass cradle, when I was by far the shittiest skater at the park. that was pretty funny to me. Anyways it was really weird seeing Tony Hawk eat shit, kind of scary almost. After a somewhat lengthy battle, he front tailslid the crater, I said goodbye and took a picture, and then we drove to Windsor. very wild day.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »
that’s a lot of words to say you were no fun at parties

haha word.

ngl i was either hilarious or horrible at partys. i don't really drink anymore though. i used to get black out drunk and then hear what i did and sometimes people found it funny or they hated me. it's all good in a small group of friends but i always had problems with social situations in big groups. just makes me freak out. i can only deal with so many people at once. it's different walking through the city alone though. when i'm alone in a crowd of strangers i feel anonymous and safe. i don't really party anymore but nowadays when i meet friends we just have coffee, cook food and have endless conversations, as you can imagine from my wordy post. i may not be fun at parties, but i love cooking or making coffee for my friends, shoot the shit that way and they enjoy it and you are invited, too.

Heath has been with the same girl for a long time. And they have a dog. <-- this part matters

sick, what dog do they have?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2021, 07:30:04 AM »
i kid because i care

GreggPopovich

• Rep: -44
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2021, 07:57:00 AM »

Yeah she was next to him. That was the stranger part straight up, didn’t feel like adding that part. Like I’m saying this as a queer dude, but the vibe I got was she was a straight up beard. I’ve seen queer dudes with beards my whole damn life, I know the vibe.
Now he might not even be queer, he might be a dude who likes watching his chick get fucked or some other type of American mainstream non traditional kink or something, but there is most likely something sexually different. I have no idea what it is, but being Gay is the highest probability, especially after the lap dance story.

edit-ever since this experience with Heath, there’s more I’m leaving out, but it always made me consider him ever since, the guy BA talked about in his coming out documentary as the retired gay skater.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:04:25 AM by GreggPopovich »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2021, 08:09:50 AM »
haha alright so that wasnt a typo? were confirming you looked through a window and saw your boy giving heath a lapdance?

was leo still just sitting there watching cheering him on or what was the deal?

sexual preference doesnt even matter, that story is bizarre.

free max b
FREE MAX B

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2021, 08:25:40 AM »
haha alright so that wasnt a typo? were confirming you looked through a window and saw your boy giving heath a lapdance?

was leo still just sitting there watching cheering him on or what was the deal?

sexual preference doesnt even matter, that story is bizarre.

free max b

That part I could see for sure. Heath's #1 fan.

Expand Quote
[close]

sick, what dog do they have?

Looks to be similar to a German Shepherd style - upward ears etc, more black fur! (I don't want to "dox" the girl or dog, if I am even using that term right? lol)

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2021, 08:31:17 AM »
i was at SPOT one spring break and it was just me and my 2 friends skating.  super dead, no one was there but it was right before Tampa Pro and we would go every year beforehand because a lot of guys show up a few days before the actual "practice" starts.  Did this for 5 years and got to not only meet but skate with literally everyone you can imagine.  (BA, Gonz,
Elissa, Koston, PRod)

Anyway, so Steve Berra and Rob Dyrdek show up just randomly.  It was the Rob and Big episode where they make a bet on who can place at Tampa.

Me and Rob start shooting the shit and he explains why he's there and what the episode is about.  He was absolutely KILLING the course tbh and i think ended up getting sixth? Super nice dude and we chatted at length about Kettering and his master plans for plazas that never really took off. 

ANYWAY...the entire time we're talking Steve Berra is trying to fs flip this 8 stair for 45 minutes straight.  Absolutely LOSING HIS MIND.  Screaming "CUNT!" "I WANT TO KILL MYSELF!"  ...just throwing an hour-long tantrum.  He threw his board and it hit someone's shin, he's banging on the stairs, almost starts crying....

Rob looks at me while this is going on and says, "he's always on some baby ass shit like this"  shakes his head and drops in. 

Then Rob asks me and my friend if we want to eat lunch together in the snack lounge like its junior high

We sat and chatted with both of them for an hour.  They both gave us some great life and skate advice and were really nice. 

TLDR: Steve Berra is a fucking diva and not much fun to skate with.

I've got like 40 of these stories from over the years

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2021, 08:45:16 AM »
^^sprinkle em in wisely and keep this thread alive.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2021, 09:12:18 AM »
i was at SPOT one spring break and it was just me and my 2 friends skating.  super dead, no one was there but it was right before Tampa Pro and we would go every year beforehand because a lot of guys show up a few days before the actual "practice" starts.  Did this for 5 years and got to not only meet but skate with literally everyone you can imagine.  (BA, Gonz,
Elissa, Koston, PRod)

Anyway, so Steve Berra and Rob Dyrdek show up just randomly.  It was the Rob and Big episode where they make a bet on who can place at Tampa.

Me and Rob start shooting the shit and he explains why he's there and what the episode is about.  He was absolutely KILLING the course tbh and i think ended up getting sixth? Super nice dude and we chatted at length about Kettering and his master plans for plazas that never really took off. 

ANYWAY...the entire time we're talking Steve Berra is trying to fs flip this 8 stair for 45 minutes straight.  Absolutely LOSING HIS MIND.  Screaming "CUNT!" "I WANT TO KILL MYSELF!"  ...just throwing an hour-long tantrum.  He threw his board and it hit someone's shin, he's banging on the stairs, almost starts crying....

Rob looks at me while this is going on and says, "he's always on some baby ass shit like this"  shakes his head and drops in. 

Then Rob asks me and my friend if we want to eat lunch together in the snack lounge like its junior high

We sat and chatted with both of them for an hour.  They both gave us some great life and skate advice and were really nice. 

Dyrdek always striked me as a g.

More stories please
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2021, 09:59:52 AM »
Used to skate with Mike Davis a lot, Rest In Peace:( He came over to my house to use my wifi a few years ago. The new iPhone was coming out and he wanted to be first in line at midnight, he brought me and my roommates snacks and weed to chill in the living room on his laptop for a few hours.

Sebo was at PSU tennis courts 2 days ago helping this kid learn half cab flips and filming it for him on his phone, it was awesome. Then my friend accidentally snaked him while he was trying to film a line and he got kinda over it and left lol. Super rad dude though. 
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2021, 12:00:02 PM »
Elissa, Koston, PRod)

I once went on a DVS tour with Steve Berra for a month. Wierd dude, but friendly. We went to a spot in France in a house that was being constructed, and it was a floor - to - floor gap, something like a ten stair, He did Fakieflip (became an ad), varial heel, half cab flip, switch flip, frontside flip, backside flip and backside heel no more then 2-3 tried each. And the whole trip no tantrums, so my experience is totally different. He did impress me skatewise.

Kerry Getz on the other hand.. Jeez them temper on him.

Another story - I did e demo in Moscow for the opening of their first park years ago. Bunch of pros in it, Colt Canon, Kenny Hughes, Mike Crum, Louie Barletta, Zattoni brothers, Gideon Choi which surprised me a lot - and Chad Fernandez.

I was standing in the hotellbar with the Brand manager of Element Europe, when Chad shows up and orders a beer - speaks some profanity to the waitress and throws money in her face. The TM turns around and socks him with a single punch  ;D