Author Topic: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember  (Read 21302 times)

expired

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
Re: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2021, 04:37:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=269&v=AnDU4iI36ZM&feature=emb_title

Gravette's ender in And Now, 50-50 body varial in the middle of a street rail. Way before body varials were a trend and one of the best tricks involving a body varial I've ever seen.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2021, 04:49:45 PM »
That time Suciu disguised a math theory as a video part.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 461
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2021, 07:55:22 PM »
Globe World Cup I think it was 2002 and Vanessa Torres, she won a car right and Chris wood won a ute and she’s gotten straight into it and crashed into Chris woods ute like in the middle of the course packed arena it was wild
listen to cosmic psychos

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 128
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2021, 09:41:53 PM »

wasn't that all anybody talked about for a while there? recently too?
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2021, 04:55:48 AM »
Anthony Shultz's fence ollie blew my mind at the time.

If I recall, he was supposed to a cover for it but T-puds got it due to some contract shenanigans.

It's been hit since, but the ollie still holds up in my opinion.

4:15

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2021, 01:14:05 PM »

If I recall, he was supposed to a cover for it but T-puds got it due to some contract shenanigans.

What a shame, Pud's has to be one of the least photographical skaters ever. In some ways, I feel Thank You's graphics are a manifestation of his safety arms.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »
Diego's ender in Good and Evil. At the time, I remember being very impressed and shocked by this. Still holds up. I think it was 20 stairs?

https://youtu.be/jAogrt8svn8?t=300

Discofightclub

• Rep: 1
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2021, 06:40:01 PM »
Aidrian Williams entire part in the Think video Business As Usual, I always thought that was insanely underrated. Dude switch tres a huge street gap before his name even pops up. The whole video is pretty nuts
"Wade D is not wack" - Wade Desarmo

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2021, 07:32:01 PM »
Duncombe Ollie a 20 in slipons but globe photoshopping their shoes in his feet

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I remember his cross continental part had one of the first recorded switch back noseblunts on a handrail, and it was just tossed into the middle of the part without slow-mo or a second angle.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2021, 10:40:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bastien Salabanzi's nollie heel back tail down a rail in Sorry and Erik Ellington's switch flip fs tailslide at UCI in This Is Skateboarding. They were both pretty small rails, but I can't think of many instances of anyone doing those tricks since those parts.
[close]
Chad Tim tim nollie heel front tailed the same rail bastien skated, which was way looked over as well, and unlike those other two tricks, Timtim's was perfectly done.

Jeremy Wray's entire career is overlooked.  He 270 sugarcaned the hollywood high rail in The Revolution. Even with all of the weird smithy type tricks people have been doing lately it still hasn't been replicated. Ollie the SD sports arena triple set, utter destruction of Carlsbad...there was a lot.

Also, I'm assuming its due to his overall kookiness, but Josh Kasper fucking murdered Carlsbad, but nobody ever really talks about it anymore. I suppose the benihannas and kasperholics shit probably didn't help his legacy.
[close]
that whole part is just insanity, ahead of its time for sure. some of it is ahead of this time
[close]

Yeah good call on wrays revolution part
Isn't one of the first grind up a handrail tricks in that part too?

And yeah, kaspers line at Carlsbad in trilogy is pretty wild
I think he falls into the chad Fernandez type group of people, where no one wants to acknowledge they do some crazy stuff
Paul machnau's career is kind of in that category too

its really a shame that part was not filmed on VX.

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2021, 11:11:36 AM »
rodrigo tx kickflip bs tail 270 out hardway on that high bench in barcelona, in flip extremelly sorry

mark suciu 1sec clip ss bs noseblunt on a hand rail in the middle of a part

carlos ribeiro ss flip bs noseblunt picnic table, sliding the whole table

carlos iqui fakie hardflip ss fs five o 180 out (backside out) in "simplesmente 2"

danny cerezini fakie flip ss fs blunt

javier sarmiento ss tre five o in barcelona 23984230942 years ago

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 901
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2021, 11:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I remember his cross continental part had one of the first recorded switch back noseblunts on a handrail, and it was just tossed into the middle of the part without slow-mo or a second angle.

P Rod had one a few years before in that plan b straight to iTunes part

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2021, 11:58:29 AM »
Duncombe Ollie a 20 in slipons but globe photoshopping their shoes in his feet

This I gotta see.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »
Didn't Daewon did MJs last trick from Fully Flared like 20 years earlier switch in that Deca Video?
IG: @flowterspace

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
rodrigo tx kickflip bs tail 270 out hardway on that high bench in barcelona, in flip extremelly sorry

mark suciu 1sec clip ss bs noseblunt on a hand rail in the middle of a part

carlos ribeiro ss flip bs noseblunt picnic table, sliding the whole table

carlos iqui fakie hardflip ss fs five o 180 out (backside out) in "simplesmente 2"

danny cerezini fakie flip ss fs blunt

javier sarmiento ss tre five o in barcelona 23984230942 years ago

Man Brazil and Spain makes some amazing skaters. Javier is just 'telacapiche', whatever that means.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 68
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2021, 02:59:02 PM »

Same spot that Provost and Hoffart got into a pissing match about frontside flipping, right?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Free Max B
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »
Didn't Daewon did MJs last trick from Fully Flared like 20 years earlier switch in that Deca Video?
yeah he did it switch and regular and it was alot cooler and also 20 yeas prior.

free max b
FREE MAX B

nolliecrooked

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2021, 03:04:11 AM »

yes but MJ did on the streets at a crusty spot, 100% different

daewon of course looked cooler tho, just ninja moves lol

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2021, 07:23:33 AM »
I can't find a video of Tom Asta's part from the 1947 LRG video but his last trick, nollie heelflip bs noseblunt down a street rail blew my mind. Im assuming people have done it since in video parts, but I'm not sure.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
Timmy Knuth kickflip crooking the Hollywood High 16. It was tossed into the middle of a friends section in one of the more forgettable TWS vids towards the end of the mag.

If I remember correctly he also switch backside feebled it? That could have been Jack Olson actually, IDK. Both are absolutely insane regardless.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2021, 10:11:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah he did it switch and regular and it was alot cooler and also 20 yeas prior.

free max b

Deca video was like 2001 or 2002, and fully flared is like 2007. lol definitley wasnt 20 years but it feels like that sometimes

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2021, 10:58:01 AM »
Diego's ender in Good and Evil. At the time, I remember being very impressed and shocked by this. Still holds up. I think it was 20 stairs?

https://youtu.be/jAogrt8svn8?t=300

this, and it was used twice!

http://youtu.be/qCyE0gQVq5U?t=1550

diego rules.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2021, 12:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is this a joke? it was a street spot, yeah, but a perfectly level, highly waxed metal ledge at regulation height with a polished concrete run-up and landing. that's not crusty. very little real difference from daewon's.

EDIT: Went a rewatched daewon's and it's waaaaay sicker than mark's - there's an actual gap between the two boxes, that he just flies across. plus, as pointed out before he does it both ways. mark's way is definitely the easier of the two. he was also going about twice the speed.

in conclusion, mj's ff part is amazing but he should've gone with something else as an ender

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2021, 07:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

is this a joke? it was a street spot, yeah, but a perfectly level, highly waxed metal ledge at regulation height with a polished concrete run-up and landing. that's not crusty. very little real difference from daewon's.

EDIT: Went a rewatched daewon's and it's waaaaay sicker than mark's - there's an actual gap between the two boxes, that he just flies across. plus, as pointed out before he does it both ways. mark's way is definitely the easier of the two. he was also going about twice the speed.

in conclusion, mj's ff part is amazing but he should've gone with something else as an ender

Not sure if you all read any interviews MJ gave before FF came out, but he mentioned that he had a ton of tricks in the part dedicated to people who inspired him over the years (i.e. the caveman dark slide was included as a nod to the Gonz in Video Days), so it's plausible that the switch noseblunt to back noseblunt was dedicated to Daewon. You'd think that considering Daewon and the Crailtap team were somewhat adjacent in the 90s and 00s, someone would have made them aware that it was an ABD if it wasn't meant to be.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
My signature

nolliecrooked

« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2021, 04:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you are tripping, prefering one to the other is a personal opinion, but if you really think the mj spot is not crusty you never filmed in the streets, theres a reason people can do fucked up shit on skateparks and pass their whole lifes filming less tech stuff in the streets, the mj spot is fucked up.

daewon did on a 10000% perfect ground on a way easier to slide ledge, skating in the streets is another thing.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2021, 05:09:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you are tripping, prefering one to the other is a personal opinion, but if you really think the mj spot is not crusty you never filmed in the streets, theres a reason people can do fucked up shit on skateparks and pass their whole lifes filming less tech stuff in the streets, the mj spot is fucked up.

daewon did on a 10000% perfect ground on a way easier to slide ledge, skating in the streets is another thing.

bro your shit doesn't make any sense. its your fucking opinion too so let him have his.
after talking shit on yuto and insisting on your opinion being the only one that is valid this seems even more stupid.
not every fucking spot in the streets is "crusty" and what has a spot quality to do if he has filmed in the streets before. they had lights and everything build up there its not a real "lets go to this not perfect ledge spot and try filming this trick with a vx" type situation. it was fucking ty evans video production with lights possibly trying this trick for hours.

nolliecrooked

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2021, 05:26:18 AM »
about yuto: I NEVER said I was the 100% right and everyone was wrong, was just discussing skate shit for fun, you and the other soft kids got triggered by not accepting a different opinion, your problem not mine.

if you watched daewon trick and MJ trick, and u think the spots are similar you dont know anything about street skating

of course only by being in the street dont translate to being worse or not perfect, but just go there, watch the 2 tricks, and come back here and tell me MJ spot wasnt 10000000000x more fucked up for many reasons

the yuto is just an opinion, I never said as 100% sure, was just talking,this one is a fact

btw where are the experienced slap skate people, the ones who actually skate, help me here please? lmao this is ridiculous!!

ps: watch both tricks before commenting, if you didnt watch dont call conspiracy.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2021, 05:37:34 AM »
about yuto: I NEVER said I was the 100% right and everyone was wrong, was just discussing skate shit for fun, you and the other soft kids got triggered by not accepting a different opinion, your problem not mine.

if you watched daewon trick and MJ trick, and u think the spots are similar you dont know anything about street skating

of course only by being in the street dont translate to being worse or not perfect, but just go there, watch the 2 tricks, and come back here and tell me MJ spot wasnt 10000000000x more fucked up for many reasons

the yuto is just an opinion, I never said as 100% sure, was just talking,this one is a fact

btw where are the experienced slap skate people, the ones who actually skate, help me here please? lmao this is ridiculous!!

ps: watch both tricks before commenting, if you didnt watch dont call conspiracy.

ive watched both before commenting about 8 times (I know I should have done it 10000000 times like you. a real skater) . everything you say is always 1000% and thats just shows how soft and angry you get for no reason.
I think everyone on slap skates and has filmed before you fucking idiot. some probably longer than you and still aren't with your stupid opinion over something that is and will ever be debatable as you said by yourself.

calling a regular curb spot "fucked up" is funny to me. its just a fucking regular curb relax. there are if anything like 3 reasons and not 100000000 why mjs spot was harder to skate. I still think deawons ledge dancing back then was on another level.