Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65018 times)

Phillyflared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #990 on: January 10, 2023, 10:52:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Weekend update
Sat had some errands and things to do.
Hit my curb spot again. It's been my go to since covid hit.
Hardly ever go anywhere else anymore. It's a rouine or "rutine"...
Slappy's, slappy noseslide and trying to relearn some old curb tricks lately.
Sun
Cleaned up around house
Watched the Eagle win
Went to curb spot again. Happy to be out there at this age and still having fun.
[close]

Go birds!

I don’t know if this counts as a session but I skated flat in the parking lot behind my neighbors house for a quick 10 minutes when I saw a window between my doing stuff around the house when my one year old was taking a nap and my wife was watching a tv show. All the shoves, kicky, 360 flip and nollie flip and some other tricks real quick. 2 out of 2 360 flips is still a 100% success rate. Felt pretty good which was impressive because my legs were a bit sore and I hurt my shoulder the day before. Always feels good to get out. Got back in to help with dinner and watch the birds.

I’m trying to take any opportunity I have now because I used to be a need to skate like 4 times a week person to feel good on the board but it’s been pretty hard with weather, work, a baby and other responsibilities but any time I see a window that won’t get my wife pissed at me I’m taking now matter how short.

Gotta get it in where ya can! Fly Eagles Fly!

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -431
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #991 on: January 11, 2023, 06:01:07 AM »
Somebody let their dog shit right in the middle of my favorite flatground/warm up spot, couldn't warm up bc I knew I was gonna forget and roll over it,

went to the park, hopped the fence cuz it was locked up for the night, skated for twenty minutes, got a bad feeling, ran out the park asap and ten seconds later cops roll up super fast with lights on and no siren, i'm going the opposite direction so they pull a u turn, follow me for like 5 blocks (even though I'm taking weird turns) before giving up and leaving me alone (they were mad as shit lol fuck them)

Go to my other flatground spot, they're doing construction

go to the manny pad, right when I get there a laundry truck parks right in front of the pad

go to a ledge spot in a two-way bike lane, its past midnight and cold so theres no pedestrians and barely any bikes (only time of the year you can comfortably skate it), do like two noseslides and cop car pulls into the bike lane and starts going up it super slow, they had no reason to do this besides fucking with me, didnt even say anything to me or make eye contact which was weird, I thought they were gonna kick me out at least

it's 1am in nyc in January, i'm not getting in anybody's way and not skating in front of any apartments or anything, can they just leave me the fuck alone? I'm just trying to skate fucking flat somewhere with decent ground within a half hour of my apartment and I can't catch a break. Fuck the NYPD

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
« Reply #992 on: January 11, 2023, 06:15:06 AM »
I had to skate for like five hours waiting for a drive up order on Sunday. Ended up landing my first ever fs flip which got me hella hyped. Then I started working on getting fs 5-0 to switch crook on this long mellow bank. Got a kind of make but I need to work on really jamming my wheel on the back heel side up on top of the coping. Hope to get both tricks really dialed in this year

Heshrat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #993 on: January 11, 2023, 06:18:52 AM »
I went for a cruise around Boston last night and skated some curbs with my boy
I did your mom

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #994 on: January 11, 2023, 06:20:09 AM »
Went to my tennis court spot this morning. It was like 28 degrees. Took me way too long to get warmed up, plus I decided to use a new set-up with my Ace 44s.

I enjoy how they turn, but I may have to sideline them again. Indys just do a better job at supporting me at 240lbs. Might try Ace again once I lose some weight.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #995 on: January 11, 2023, 07:43:08 AM »
Went back to the local to work on my pop and a few other tricks. Overall, not a bad sesh. I got up the 2 stair a few times and the 2 stair euro gap. I practiced kickflips for about 10 minutes and practiced some self control and after I landed a couple of decent ones stopped myself so I wouldn't waste my energy. My only hang-up is the noseslide on the bank to box. The ledge is getting chunky at the meeting point between the angle iron and concrete and my baseplate keeps grabbing on it. Might just be because they're new trucks but I may just have to skate that earlier and not keep trying it afterwards. Just gotta balance what I spend my energy on, but wasn't a bad sesh at all.

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #996 on: January 11, 2023, 11:52:15 AM »
Skated in my mom's yard that has a concrete bit during a recent visit, better than a skatepark tbh, I just need a box and a flatbar to put there.

First ever landed switch flip, the 'switch is unnecessary' thread gave me will to try for like an hour, all I had to do was put my front foot closer to the edge to make flipping easier when kicking down, since I can't flick yet.
A lot of close attempts but it kept wanting to varial because of my back foot almost on the edge to balance against the front foot on the opposite edge.

I had to skate for like five hours waiting for a drive up order on Sunday. Ended up landing my first ever fs flip which got me hella hyped.
Congrats! This is one of the tricks I don't understand, I can probably do it the muska way but it wouldn't feel right.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #997 on: January 13, 2023, 05:19:22 AM »
Got a sesh in right after work yesterday at an old church parking lot. It has a downhill manny pad and a double curb cut on the other side. Flatground wasn't going great so I decided to try a manual on the double curb cut. The downslope portion threw me off at first, but I got my weight distribution right and landed it after several tries. Got a couple more flatground tricks in and left. I went to my family's dinner since my cousins flew in from Cali and as it turns out, the youngest kid is learning how to skate! I gave him my extra board to ride on and he had a blast, I even landed a no comply 180 and I haven't done that trick in a long time.

Bill Salt

« Reply #998 on: January 13, 2023, 05:21:51 AM »
was shitty ass sesh on wet floor...

vinithebr

« Reply #999 on: February 23, 2023, 06:25:16 AM »
Skated a round bar that I installed recently for like 5+ hours straight.

It's like a foot high which I thought would be perfect but it may be too short, while it was safe to attempt anything my baby ollies were flying over it, with a lot of impact on the way down. I hope I'll just get used to it.

Attempted 50 50s for the first time, countless close ones with me just getting stuck at the end but I felt no control or consistency getting into them, most of the times the back truck locked toe side.

Most sad shit is that it did not feel good at all, my body tries to slowly spin like I'm gonna front board to fakie, and turning the other way feels god awful. I may try front smith or lip next to force that movement. Or give up and try other shit for a while.

I tried kickflip back board a few times and almost landed it but I didn't wanna risk breaking my board. A bit scary too but it felt easy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:32:12 AM by vinithebr »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1000 on: February 23, 2023, 06:31:32 AM »
when u 50 a round rail its easier to imagine it as a ledge (i.e. you cant fall off toeside), then it becomes easier to put your weight in the right spot. i also hate round rails so take this advice with a pinch of sodium chloride

vinithebr

« Reply #1001 on: February 23, 2023, 06:44:34 AM »
Sure I'll focus on that thought the next time and see what happens

Till then I'll try to think of other shit I wouldn't try at a skatepark, full cab boardslide came to mind already

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1002 on: February 23, 2023, 07:29:26 AM »
Set up a new board. Went to the park. Hadn't been out in almost a month. Wobbly and unstable getting used to the new deck with not fully broken in trucks in cold weather. The shit ground was shredding my grip tape and gouging the fuck out of my ps stix deck. Was freezing and started snowing dry little flecks. A rare sight of a young skater kid. He was stoked on my new board and old wheels for some reason. Faux pas graphics out. Said he wanted spitfires... If he keeps showing up I'll hook him up with the wheels when they wear down to 53-54 mm from 56 full conical honkers. Was a frustrating session in the end but still felt good to land a few shitty flip tricks / pop shoves and grind my trucks on the ledge.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
« Reply #1003 on: February 23, 2023, 07:50:18 AM »
Set up a new board. Went to the park. Hadn't been out in almost a month. Wobbly and unstable getting used to the new deck with not fully broken in trucks in cold weather. The shit ground was shredding my grip tape and gouging the fuck out of my ps stix deck. Was freezing and started snowing dry little flecks. A rare sight of a young skater kid. He was stoked on my new board and old wheels for some reason. Faux pas graphics out. Said he wanted spitfires... If he keeps showing up I'll hook him up with the wheels when they wear down to 53-54 mm from 56 full conical honkers. Was a frustrating session in the end but still felt good to land a few shitty flip tricks / pop shoves and grind my trucks on the ledge.

You make this sound like a poem. Anyway good to read you‘re out skating! Myself I landed a switch ollie over the world‘s smallest curb today. I was stoked because I never switch ollied over anything before.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #1004 on: February 23, 2023, 10:08:24 AM »
Kind of a bummer. I am in Europe and wanted a clip while I'm here. Munich has all of these little barriers by the streets that are like flatbars. Wanted a fs Smith on one. Went to a park to warm up and pulled a muscle in my thigh pretty quick. Still tried to go for the Smith, spent about 40 minutes trying it but every attempt hurt. Gave up. No clip for me.

Cousin Avi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2023, 01:01:41 PM »
Yesterday worked up until 3:30 a.m. so today I could go to the park and film some silly line. The filmer in question didn't show up, so I skated for 3 hours continuously. Now I'm a little sore but those are details. I love skateboarding.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2023, 01:22:31 PM »
A couple of the older guys who skate very seldom both happened to show up at the park on the same day, along with a bunch of us still-regulars. With the old gang back together and the pink sunset in the background, it was a very nostalgic vibe, but all the obvious differences between then and now gave plenty for the mind to chew on.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2023, 01:33:40 PM »
Had a great session. Dismantled four of my setups yesterday so now I only have one left, it’s what I’m sticking to for at least the next year. Felt good knowing that the madness was over, and the weather was nice.

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2023, 09:07:14 PM »
skated flat ground at a nearby church. got sweaty and slammed a couple of times, I think because I was coming down from weed. hands all bloody. hip/right leg alternating between pain and numbness. felt better afterwards.

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2023, 04:57:53 AM »
I got the urge to go skate around 9pm, headed to the ledge near my house, but there were teenagers there smoking shitty weed and blasting gangster rap so I went home without my tail hitting the ground once.
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 697
« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2023, 06:15:25 AM »
I got the urge to go skate around 9pm, headed to the ledge near my house, but there were teenagers there smoking shitty weed and blasting gangster rap so I went home without my tail hitting the ground once.

I got the urge to go skate around 10am, headed to the ledge near my house, there was no one since it's still school holidays and I got a back nose, a long front 50/50 and a nice back 50/50. Failed on the front 5/0 but was stoked nevertheless.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

leafman4000

« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2023, 06:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got the urge to go skate around 10am, headed to the ledge near my house, there was no one since it's still school holidays and I got a back nose, a long front 50/50 and a nice back 50/50. Failed on the front 5/0 but was stoked nevertheless.

Stoked for you :) must be nice haha

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1012 on: February 24, 2023, 06:24:38 AM »

one of em probably has a bomb ass tre tbh

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1013 on: February 24, 2023, 07:05:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

one of em probably has a bomb ass stanky leg tre tbh

leafman4000

« Reply #1014 on: February 24, 2023, 09:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Worst part is none of them skate. One of them is a convicted felon for punching his grandmother in the face and another one tried to sell me pills and when I said no he called me a faggot because “if your pants go past your ankles you’re gay”

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1015 on: February 24, 2023, 09:39:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Worst part is none of them skate. One of them is a convicted felon for punching his grandmother in the face and another one tried to sell me pills and when I said no he called me a faggot because “if your pants go past your ankles you’re gay”

What a crew. I can see why you Abe Simpson'd the spot.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1016 on: February 24, 2023, 09:41:20 AM »
sometimes you gotta correct grandma bro

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1017 on: February 24, 2023, 03:54:29 PM »
Went to the indoor park again, I was the only skater there. A scooter kid slammed on his face, knocked him self out. I had a really good session overall. My miniramp skating improved a lot this winter. Skated flat for a few minutes but it was kinda hard to find space between bikers and scooters so I tried some stuff over the euro.
Got a few nice FS shuvs and finally 360 flipped it. Kinda sketch but I take it. Then I went for the ledge, got a BS crook first try.. This is kinda unusual for me so I was pretty stoked. Tried FS Shuv to BS 5-0 but my body wasn't down with this motion. I always rotate frontside like i would try a FS big spin.. Need to try this on something lower next time. I kinda struggle with my FS tails on this ledge. I made a few but I can't slide it out. It always sticks, even with a good amount of wax. I didn't wanted to over wax it so i called it a day.
I hope it finally stops raining soon, I can't see this place anymore.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

vinithebr

« Reply #1018 on: February 24, 2023, 10:49:55 PM »
A scooter kid slammed on his face, knocked him self out. good session overall.
That does sound like a cool sesh, and congrats on the tre, I suck at em

Terminal

« Reply #1019 on: February 25, 2023, 12:58:28 AM »
Acceptable bs Ollie on super tight 3ft transition first go. Acceptable Ollie to fakie and nollie to fakie  maybe 2nd or 3rd attempt. Life is good.

Edit: thought I was done with bs Ollie's on transition as been maybe 5-6 years since the last one's and getting older but I was thankfully wrong...