Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65078 times)

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1560 on: August 04, 2023, 05:41:52 PM »
Solo mission today after work. Knee has been and still is fucked (recovering from an ACL sprain) but its August and the summer of no skating had me bummed out - so just small ollies and manuals with my balance all out of wack as the knee still felt "wobbly"...so damn frustrating and yet so good for the soul at the same time. Now time for a beer - and a mental note to keep up with my physio.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1561 on: August 04, 2023, 09:04:31 PM »
Went to Stalin, skated for 10 min, got tendinitis.
I'm blaming the shoes, AS-1 are really flexible on the heel. 0 support.
That's what I got for betraying my beloved 808
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1562 on: August 05, 2023, 03:59:01 AM »
Went out on a solo night street mission. Shed some blood to get a couple basic ledge tricks on the only marble ledge in town while a couple bar kooks were watching and giving out unsolicited trick tips. Those hill type planters that start out average size and get tallish quickly. Good times. Feet are sore as I trudge home but mission accomplished.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1563 on: August 07, 2023, 01:47:25 PM »
Skated flat ground in front of my infant son while we were killing time before bed.

Landed no-comply FS bigspin like 3rd try, without ever having attempted it before. I know, i know, no complies are low-mids, but the move felt pretty rad. I'm pretty terrible at bigspin maneuvers overall, so I was hyped to land something new.

Made me want to work on the BS version, but I'm currently not Gonz enough for that

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1564 on: August 07, 2023, 02:43:58 PM »
Skated flat ground in front of my infant son while we were killing time before bed.

Landed no-comply FS bigspin like 3rd try, without ever having attempted it before. I know, i know, no complies are low-mids, but the move felt pretty rad. I'm pretty terrible at bigspin maneuvers overall, so I was hyped to land something new.

Made me want to work on the BS version, but I'm currently not Gonz enough for that

Are you wanting to step down heel side or toe side to do the bs big spin ?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1565 on: August 07, 2023, 02:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you wanting to step down heel side or toe side to do the bs big spin ?

Toeside. I'm decent at no-comply BS 180's and 3's this way, but my feet and brain get jumbled when I try to bigspin it.

Also haven't put a ton of time into em, so that's a factor

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #1566 on: August 08, 2023, 01:43:29 AM »
Mostly skate for fun now , got two day jobs

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1567 on: August 08, 2023, 09:51:53 AM »
damn i wanna be like shin sanbongi

lewisnewton

« Reply #1568 on: August 08, 2023, 11:50:42 AM »
Skated flat at the local tennis court. Worked on some manny/ nose manny. Couple pop shuvs, couple frontside 180s. Couple backside 180s which are more difficult for me. Couple half cabs. Need to get back the kick flip and start workin on tres. Beautiful weather had a great time!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 699
« Reply #1569 on: August 08, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »
I had a few abysmal sessions, can‘t do stuff I usually get every time. My board disintegrates, I‘ll set up a fresh one on Thursday but already dread I will skate even worse as it‘s an ever so slightly different shape (Quasi twin 8.38 vs Ishod twin 8.38)…
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1570 on: August 08, 2023, 05:11:09 PM »
went to a new local park which is kinda sick, good manny pad, big long curb, banks, smooth concrete that sounds sick when you ollie on it.  Got chatting to a dude there my age who was ripping.  Turns out we knew heaps of the same guys and would have skated together a few times in the 90s at some really random, small places.  Skatings a small world, especially so in the mid 90s.  Lovely, wholesome stuff.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1571 on: August 09, 2023, 09:46:30 AM »
Skated the local park. I had some random local start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but..." It was not a fun experience.

Re-learned my lesson about why I should never interact with other human beings.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1572 on: August 09, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
Skated lakeland skatepark in florida. It was 100+degrees(f) out. They have a long flatbar there. Figured out how to sit on front board slides and slid the whole rail.
The worse part was I didn't bring any water and the water fountain was just dribbling water out and was boiling hot so I had to keep buying gatorade out of the vending machines. They somehow didn't have any water stocked in them. And I live on the east coast of florida. The drive was 3 hours and I have no ac in my car. Holy shit was it miserable.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #1573 on: August 09, 2023, 10:05:03 AM »
Skated the local park. I had some random local start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but..." It was not a fun experience.

Re-learned my lesson about why I should never interact with other human beings.

I was skating a park by me that's less popular, and there's a regular there who struck up a conversation with me. He was a little off but polite enough until I mentioned the nearby DIY park that I go to more often. His attitude immediately changed and he got on me about how all the locals there are assholes to him. I thought his story was odd until I eventually learned that the one time he went there he kept dropping the n-bomb and eventually got confronted about it.

Sometimes skateboarding can have a lil gatekeeping, as a treat.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1574 on: August 09, 2023, 04:00:36 PM »
Skated the new pump track right outside Seattle. Never skated one before but thought they always looked fun. Can now confirm they are quite fun.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #1575 on: August 09, 2023, 08:25:37 PM »
had a lot of fun skating and chopping it up with someone from an earlier generation whose skating i admire. they left and i some young, 15 or 16 yr old kid comes up to me and is like "is your name-------?" and they said my name. I had no idea who this kid was and they said "i skated with you in x,y,z city last month." I wasn't in that city and haven't been in 2 years! We agreed that he skated with another dude, with my name and many tattoos in x,y,z city.

I then jammed on a low, long triangle curb sort of thing, grinding onto, over, and down. The kid who thought he knew me and his little brother were trying to film with a phone and the little brother is just standing there, static. I went over and asked if I could show them how to try something different and explained angles, framing, and all that shit. it was cool to see them try different filming techniques before i dipped.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1576 on: August 09, 2023, 09:29:57 PM »
More plaza skating. Fell in love with a new shape too.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

mfweeno

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1577 on: August 11, 2023, 06:49:31 AM »
Haven't posted here in a little bit, but I have been skating consistently (1-2x a week) despite the absolutely brutal heat.

Went filming with a friend at the park for a couple of hours on Sunday. Didn't feel remotely recovered until late yesterday afternoon. Legs and abs completely toast.

Went to a-frame/QP park this morning and felt pretty uninspired just pushing around, so I decided to try and chuck a backside flip over the a-frame rail to get some excitement pumping. Landed a few shitty ones, then stomped a decent one but realized after I wasn't recording. Broke my board in efforts to reproduce the good make. Somehow landed a board breaker-maker on the very last try I was going to give myself.

I have been pushing myself pretty hard this year to reclaim some of my old tricks and ability to jump over/down shit, but I can tell my body and mind are getting burnt out on trying to progress every session. I am fucking terrible at just having "fun" on my skateboard, and it's starting to bum me out. [/rant]

Brodie

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1578 on: August 11, 2023, 07:31:05 AM »
Got to the park bout 9 after getting the kids down and sorting the hoose. Gets dark about 10 just now so wasn't planning much. Local Don of the park was just heading off as I turned up. Unlocked the lights for me and said he'd be back later on to shut them down. Got the park all to myself till the back of one. Absolute bliss. Started working on some simple ledge tricks (I'm a ramp kinda guy) and got some nice fast lines in the bowl. Started working on some flat bar shit tae. Smashed my shin. Felt alive. Smoked a joint with the Don when he came back and skated a bit of flat. Mackkers and a smoke in the shed while watching lakais Bubble. Decent but didnt get me as hyped as some other videos that have come out recently. A good good day indeed

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #1579 on: August 11, 2023, 08:19:57 AM »
I grabbed my board after a few beers and headed towards a curved curb by my house. Did about three slappies and decided fuck this Texas heat and went back to chill in the AC. Yes I suppose I pussied out but 104 degrees is not ideal for me.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #1580 on: August 11, 2023, 10:17:45 AM »

Like this? Instep back on the board too late though

Denim Pizza

• Rep: -105
« Reply #1581 on: August 11, 2023, 10:26:31 AM »
I grabbed my board after a few beers and headed towards a curved curb by my house. Did about three slappies and decided fuck this Texas heat and went back to chill in the AC. Yes I suppose I pussied out but 104 degrees is not ideal for me.
Skated in 106 yesterday myself, I feel your pain dude. Long day of work and the sesh still made the day better at least

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1582 on: August 11, 2023, 10:40:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

100%! Hyped to give these a shot on my next session

I've got an unhealthy obsession with toe-side no complies, fun party trick to show off when the dork tricks come out

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1583 on: August 11, 2023, 11:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've got an unhealthy obsession with toe-side no complies, fun party trick to show off when the dork tricks come out

I find them easier than the FS version in banks, but harder on flat.

Bs no comply always looks soooo good
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 11:17:09 AM by yghartsyrt »

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1584 on: August 11, 2023, 11:24:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i was goofing around a few days ago and managed to do a no-comply cab on a bank, that was an unexpected one

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1585 on: August 11, 2023, 11:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i was goofing around a few days ago and managed to do a no-comply cab on a bank, that was an unexpected one

Hell yes.
Never tried a no comply going fakie. In my mind this screams totally stupid looking slams ahead.

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1586 on: August 11, 2023, 05:02:45 PM »
first session after work yesterday since I dislocated my shoulder a month ago. I just skated the bowled off mini ramp and adjacent quarters and I think it's going to be that way for at least another month. It felt so good to just be rolling around with my friends. I really need to remind myself to keep it chill and not send myself back to square
one

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 699
« Reply #1587 on: August 11, 2023, 05:31:01 PM »
After a week of terrible sessions I have decided to take a break from my daily routine. I have been skating daily or almost for 1.5 years now and fell into a routine, to the point it became more of a burden than a pleasure. Of course, landing tricks, in particular learning new stuff is super gratifying - struggling with the same tricks not making any progress, less so.

I will try and only go out when I really want to and then only do the stuff I really want to. Let's see how that goes but it already feels like a relief just to have taken this decision.

What do you think, lads?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1588 on: August 11, 2023, 10:22:32 PM »
After a week of terrible sessions I have decided to take a break from my daily routine. I have been skating daily or almost for 1.5 years now and fell into a routine, to the point it became more of a burden than a pleasure. Of course, landing tricks, in particular learning new stuff is super gratifying - struggling with the same tricks not making any progress, less so.

I will try and only go out when I really want to and then only do the stuff I really want to. Let's see how that goes but it already feels like a relief just to have taken this decision.

What do you think, lads?

I feel this. A lot of my skating these days is just trying to retain stuff. I have noticed that trying something new is always way more fun now when it's spontaneous vs. something premeditated. 

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #1589 on: August 12, 2023, 07:23:09 AM »
So it was spring of 2004….