Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65072 times)

gringo_viejo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1830 on: March 04, 2024, 08:39:21 AM »
I can't even remember, I'm 34 now and life is so hectic I can barely find the time to rest let alone skate. Working as a teacher's a demanding job so is raising a family. I miss being able to tune every negative thought to land a trick at the park, it was an amazing feeling. But, I never get to step on a board again I would be happy with what it's given me and how it shaped my personality .

Been considering going back to school to teach Spanish/ESL, thinking that it might be less of a 24 hour grind than my current job. But it sounds like... not? Maybe every job wants its pound of flesh from the heart now, idk.

mfweeno

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1831 on: March 05, 2024, 12:01:44 PM »
Achieved a big guy victory during my lunch break session - landed a bunch of frontside lipslides on the bump to rail without cracking my board.

Shout out NHS VX boards!

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1832 on: March 07, 2024, 06:59:29 AM »
spent the lunchbreak at the local park. too much cool guy action from, who i saw the first time there. spiting, obnoxious shouting and getting in everyones way filming erratic lines. slammed on a front crook slappy. cruised around a little bit. left

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 699
« Reply #1833 on: March 07, 2024, 09:11:52 AM »
I went for a quick session despite rain and cold, my usual covered spot, just to try a heelflip on my new bloard. After a short warm up I landed a nice heelflip first try and immediately called it quits because I did not want to spoil the good feeling by not landing another nice heelflip afterwards.  ::)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1834 on: March 07, 2024, 10:03:40 AM »
I landed my first back 3's yesterday - smoked half a j and just randomly "felt it". never really practiced that move as it always felt so far away from being possible

first try was way closer than i was expecting, 2nd or 3rd try was mostly a make although pretty slide-y

My first really good one was in a small line - ollie up curb, pop back 3, ollie off curb - no slide, just a small little pivot to finish the rotation

did a few more out of a bank, but nothing that was better than the prior make

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #1835 on: March 07, 2024, 12:55:59 PM »
I’m awful at transition but I had a great time here this evening  ;D

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 109
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1836 on: March 07, 2024, 01:18:54 PM »
Garage miniramp long lunch session
New Aces finally have a groove
Vulcs with aftermarket insoles
Fakie disasters on lock for the first time

vktrvghn

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1837 on: March 08, 2024, 01:34:38 PM »
I pretty much exclusively skate street but a mate got on me to go a local park. I landed a few rock 'n' rolls and one of them felt pretty good, hadn't done one in ages.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:57:32 PM by vktrvghn »

gringo_viejo

« Reply #1838 on: March 08, 2024, 02:20:54 PM »

Damn that looks fun! Inspired to go roll now.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #1839 on: March 09, 2024, 01:57:58 PM »
spent the lunchbreak at the local park. too much cool guy action from, who i saw the first time there. spiting, obnoxious shouting and getting in everyones way filming erratic lines. slammed on a front crook slappy. cruised around a little bit. left
Did you by chance see this person later at the grocery store buying like fifteen milky ways?

I did a flyout indy finger touch... and sat hard on a ride-on ledge trying to be like Steamer on that no-comply front tail in BHADW 2; and somehow twisted something in my front foot on the way down. 

I was not feeling skating today.... but it's been a week since the last session...
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

LeDave

• Rep: -9
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1840 on: March 09, 2024, 02:06:21 PM »
Went to Round Lake Skate Plaza today to practice a bit and was surprised noone was there besides my two housemates and I. Was a beautiful weather here where I live. I practiced my tic tacs and got used to the board more by doing long strides on my pushing feet.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #1841 on: March 09, 2024, 02:07:13 PM »
Had an exhausting surf session yesterday. Lots and lots of paddling for two waves (unreal waves they were though...) Anyway, thought I'd go for a quick skate post-surf but wasn't sure I'd have the physical energy.... Ended up skating two different North Oregon coast parks solo for hours and finding some new lines I'd never had before. Trucks and body felt loose and groovy. Slept amazing last night.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1842 on: March 09, 2024, 06:23:46 PM »
I feel like an idiot asking but I'm not the biggest waxer. Me caring about butter conditions is really gotta bean age thing.

I think I screwed up with this gulf wax.
https://i.ibb.co/QbzSsvD/IMG-20240309-211546-104.jpg[/img]

So I've used it on 3 curbs last few days. Even stopping to do so when skating wasn't possible because of weather.

Two curbs are going as normal but my current main favorite curb the newest one is sticking. I mean sticking. Like thrown like aluminum.

Two days ago it was going.

What's going on? Any ideas. I should scrape and start over?

That was my session. It nose slides still
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

DeadSquidMask

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1843 on: March 10, 2024, 06:39:22 AM »
I feel like an idiot asking but I'm not the biggest waxer. Me caring about butter conditions is really gotta bean age thing.

I think I screwed up with this gulf wax.
https://i.ibb.co/QbzSsvD/IMG-20240309-211546-104.jpg[/img]

So I've used it on 3 curbs last few days. Even stopping to do so when skating wasn't possible because of weather.

Two curbs are going as normal but my current main favorite curb the newest one is sticking. I mean sticking. Like thrown like aluminum.

Two days ago it was going.

What's going on? Any ideas. I should scrape and start over?

That was my session. It nose slides still

Over 40 here, and I skate a lot of curbs and ledges. I use a ton of gulf wax.

I feel gulf wax is really good for curbs and stuff, but it doesn’t weather well at all.

Is that one curb more exposed to the elements than the others? Maybe it got skated more than the others, thus the wax rubbed off more noticeably?

For myself, especially after a lot of rain, I liberally apply gulf wax. I session about 15 mins, apply a pretty thin 2nd coat, then I’m usually good for the session (probably 2 hours of slappy crook variants — no wonder my leading-leg’s knee is fucked 😅).

I skate super early and am likely to be the first to skate the curb in a given day.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1844 on: March 10, 2024, 10:16:19 AM »
I had a great time skating my local this morning

Feeling more comfortable since I've been hitting it weekly

Stoked

eastcoastbarbarian

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1845 on: March 10, 2024, 10:41:10 AM »
I drive up to the skatepark on a saturday night, put my meth pipe in my sock underneath my redneck camo pants so I can hit it in the bowl, put my 24oz beer in my hoodie and skate up to the park. I skate right infront of a cop car passing by and head up to the park. I get up there and its loaded with kids about 12-14 years of age, no one over the age of 16, then its all hits me. I realize I cant drink my beer and smoke cigs infront of these kids anymore, I question my whole life, me as a 30 year old dude doing the same dumb thing these kids are doing on a saturday night, I suddenly feel like a massive loser, what am I doing with my life I question. The massive reality of the situation hits every cell of my body. I quickly turn around and head back to my car and dip. That was the last time I ever stood on a skateboard, a year ago. I got sober shortly after that. Its kinda pathetic, but in that moment I realized skateboarding is just looser shit. Im still addicted to skate shit, but man, I watch videos now and it doesnt even seem gnarly and I dont get hype, it just looks stupid and pointless to me. I think that moment was just me realizing I need to finally grow up.

eastcoastbarbarian

« Reply #1846 on: March 10, 2024, 10:45:06 AM »
I still get hype of photos in the mag though I think skateboarding was made for photography

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #1847 on: March 10, 2024, 10:48:39 AM »
I drive up to the skatepark on a saturday night, put my meth pipe in my sock underneath my redneck camo pants so I can hit it in the bowl, put my 24oz beer in my hoodie and skate up to the park. I skate right infront of a cop car passing by and head up to the park. I get up there and its loaded with kids about 12-14 years of age, no one over the age of 16, then its all hits me. I realize I cant drink my beer and smoke cigs infront of these kids anymore, I question my whole life, me as a 30 year old dude doing the same dumb thing these kids are doing on a saturday night, I suddenly feel like a massive loser, what am I doing with my life I question. The massive reality of the situation hits every cell of my body. I quickly turn around and head back to my car and dip. That was the last time I ever stood on a skateboard, a year ago. I got sober shortly after that. Its kinda pathetic, but in that moment I realized skateboarding is just looser shit. Im still addicted to skate shit, but man, I watch videos now and it doesnt even seem gnarly and I dont get hype, it just looks stupid and pointless to me. I think that moment was just me realizing I need to finally grow up.
If it’s in your blood, it’ll come back one day.  Enjoy the break, though, and the sobriety. Skating as an adult still exists, and it’s fun. Just different… but more freeing since nothing matters and it’s purely for the sake of fun now (and totally grown-up things like exercise and health).
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1848 on: March 10, 2024, 12:18:43 PM »
I had a great time skating my local this morning

Feeling more comfortable since I've been hitting it weekly

Stoked

One of the best feelings when you got your local dialed in that you can simply flow also on off days. Feel your stoke!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #1849 on: March 10, 2024, 12:34:36 PM »
Dolo filmed this trick for the Fl video , three weeks sober

Crust

« Reply #1850 on: March 10, 2024, 03:57:39 PM »

Wow, beautiful park and landscape! Where is that?

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #1851 on: March 10, 2024, 04:25:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Wow, beautiful park and landscape! Where is that?

La Kantera skatepark by Bilbao Spain.

LeDave

• Rep: -9
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1852 on: March 10, 2024, 04:33:26 PM »
Well... For this session, I Took pictures of my housemate, Chris just outside the house earlier today... Was kind of a short and fun photoshoot. I didn't skate much but it was great.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:45:06 PM by LeDave »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1853 on: March 10, 2024, 04:40:32 PM »
Did a switch ollie

Kumiko

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1854 on: March 10, 2024, 05:51:05 PM »
Spent like 90% of my time out there just doing ollies on flat. I haven't skated consistently in a long time and most times I try to get back into a groove, I end up feeling frustrated and sad that I can't skate as well as I used to. So I'm just trying to focus on absolute basics and feel like I'm in total comfort and control of the board again. It's been nice.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #1855 on: March 10, 2024, 06:54:41 PM »

grow up to post about skating without really doing it. ur a bitch holmes, u should get back on the tweak

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #1856 on: March 10, 2024, 07:00:15 PM »
uhh its saturday night time to carry a skateboard with me as an excuse to smoke ice in the bowl

glad u quit dork

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #1857 on: March 10, 2024, 07:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

grow up to post about skating without really doing it. ur a bitch holmes, u should get back on the tweak

There’s really no reason to say this, even if you don’t agree with what he posted.

eastcoastbarbarian

« Reply #1858 on: March 10, 2024, 07:22:02 PM »
I would get high at night and skate for 6 hours straight, the park had lights, it was a good vibe im not gonna lie, good way to end a 20 year run. Little homie can say what he wants, he's just mad, he should hit some tweak n lighten up.

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #1859 on: March 11, 2024, 06:43:16 AM »

come on dude we need to see six hours of mobbed fakie shuvits!! the sea isle park is a ghost town without you