Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 268037 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1470 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Briden whens the dead line for the next video?
[close]

Footage due June 1, just under two months from now.
Alright cool.

I've been having an issue lately. I bought the DLC content for the park creator but there are certain parks that I try to play and it says that I need to buy the DLC content to skate it. Example, the ungrindable park Briden posted earlier. I don't have the San Van pack, Maloof NYC, Filmer Pack, Time is Money. Everything else I have, any help?

BriDen

« Reply #1471 on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Alright cool.

I've been having an issue lately. I bought the DLC content for the park creator but there are certain parks that I try to play and it says that I need to buy the DLC content to skate it. Example, the ungrindable park Briden posted earlier. I don't have the San Van pack, Maloof NYC, Filmer Pack, Time is Money. Everything else I have, any help?

If you try to play a park with items from the san van or maloof nyc pack, it won't happen. IMO they really fucked up with this one, I try to make my own parks non-dlc friendly, but most park makers don't really care about that.

Seriously though, get the san van pack. Best dlc yet.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1472 on: May 02, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Alright cool.

[close]

If you try to play a park with items from the san van or maloof nyc pack, it won't happen. IMO they really fucked up with this one, I try to make my own parks non-dlc friendly, but most park makers don't really care about that.

Seriously though, get the san van pack. Best dlc yet.
Alright, Ill check into the San Van pack, just haven't been playing too much lately.

bandini

« Reply #1473 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Just finished the old Benicia park, staple of many 80s/early 90s videos & sessions... here's the link:

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=gvdude&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=1757406

simple as hell & surprisingly fun - much like the actual park was. Here's a little vid of me goofing around on it:

BriDen

« Reply #1474 on: May 03, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
^^^ Looks good, I'll be checking it tonight after class.

For those of you who love CAP as much as me, this might be interesting. New glitch I figured out to merge droppable objects into ground pieces.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1475 on: May 06, 2011, 02:53:42 AM »
yo when you try to nosegrind on a hubba or handrail your guy seems to naturally want to lean to 5-0 is there any way to avoid that??? sometimes i will be holding up completely and he will do 5-0 first for some reason.

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #1476 on: May 06, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »

ss fs heel

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1477 on: May 11, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »
yo when you try to nosegrind on a hubba or handrail your guy seems to naturally want to lean to 5-0 is there any way to avoid that??? sometimes i will be holding up completely and he will do 5-0 first for some reason.

try to tweak your ollie a little by holding the right joystick fully up and to the side a little. or just dip your ollie as hard as you can with the right stick. it will get easier once you fuck with it for a while. right stick fully up should do the trick. dont try to land in like a nose manual cause it will never lock on right like that. if i add you is there a possibility you will one day bless me with a freestyle rap as we sesh?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1478 on: May 12, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
hopefully psn comes back up before the clip deadline :'(

BriDen

« Reply #1479 on: May 12, 2011, 10:38:43 AM »
hopefully psn comes back up before the clip deadline :'(

Deadline will be extended if need be, no reason to leave people out of this for something out of their control.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1480 on: May 12, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »
Damn, PSN is still down? Sony needs to hop on that shieeeet.

bandini

« Reply #1481 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
Holy crap, you guys seen this? This kid's some kind of mad genius...

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1482 on: May 13, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I made one Skate 3 video almost a year ago. But I gave my copy of Skate 3 away to my sisters kid. So now I'm on the best skate. The first one.

[close]

Mickey, you're still on the fucking dead EA Skate Forums, trying front saying you made one like a year ago. You're still making them..
I am? Where are they?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1483 on: May 16, 2011, 03:51:54 AM »
played an old tony hawks on ps2 the other day and i gotta say that it does beat skate in a few ways

-no comply variations
-impossables
-slappys

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
yo, what are the best spots in the downtown district?
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1485 on: May 17, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
so now that reel is back up, how do i get the uploaded vid from their site to my files so i can upload it?

in the meantime heres a pic

fuck i wanna skate that. where?
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

thugnificent

« Reply #1486 on: May 17, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »
yo, what are the best spots in the downtown district?

thats up to you not us that curvy ledge is in downtown accross from the parking garage bottom floor entrance

BriDen

« Reply #1487 on: May 18, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
Two weeks left to get any clips to me. Judging by what I've got so far, this one is going to be twice as long as any of the other 3 videos, so it'll probably get split up into shorter segments. Maybe release one part every day. We'll see how much more comes in.

That, said, new CAP for xbox, DLC necessary.

BOOKMARK LINK

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1488 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
damn that park looks hella rad briden. I just bookmarked it. hopefully I'll get a clip or two there before the deadline.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1489 on: May 21, 2011, 07:23:38 AM »
For Briden:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bix59j9q3v4jiy9

My second batch of clips, probably my last.

aWizard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1490 on: May 21, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
played an old tony hawks on ps2 the other day and i gotta say that it does beat skate in a few ways

-no comply variations
-impossables
-slappys

I can do slappys on most of the curbs on the street...Or am I crazy?
I like my trucks between "loose" and "you're a faggot".

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #1491 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »
hey heres one clip, ill probably have one last batch, but for some reason the uploading is giving me trouble.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0705Y90

BriDen

« Reply #1492 on: May 21, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the clips guys.

Expand Quote

-no comply variations
-impossables
-slappys

[close]

I can do slappys on most of the curbs on the street...Or am I crazy?

Some curbs are slappy-able if they are banked, like the ones by the ghetto spot and in the residential area, but others are straight and have to be ollie onto.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1493 on: May 21, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
Are there any good create-a-parks that are like school yards with picnic tables?

thugnificent

« Reply #1494 on: May 22, 2011, 06:44:41 AM »
i tried forever to make one but i could never find a way to make picnic tables look good and enough and the regular picnic tables i could never ollie over

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1495 on: May 22, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
I uploaded a few clips to skatereel and it labeled every clip difficulty: easy, and i exclusively play in harcore mode. Why! And why do i get 100 ea nation errors at 99% when im trying to upload!

Sick park brian gonna check that today

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1496 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
upload to youtube :)

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1497 on: May 22, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »

i really wish I could. My pc is no where near my TV though, and it's a piece of crap and my Mac is up in my office. What type of cable do u need again ?

BriDen

« Reply #1498 on: May 22, 2011, 01:23:11 PM »
Pony: you want to give me a more concrete idea of what you're looking for? I can make decent picnic tables, but your description was pretty vague.

Expand Quote
[close]

i really wish I could. My pc is no where near my TV though, and it's a piece of crap and my Mac is up in my office. What type of cable do u need again ?

It's a very expensive cable called a PS3.

bandini

« Reply #1499 on: May 22, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
hey briden,  I have all the dlcs except the filmer pack & the maloof thing... which one of those do I need for that last park you posted? (it's telling me I need downloaded material to skate it)