Author Topic: Dill epicly laterd  (Read 37542 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Dill epicly laterd
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2017, 10:36:35 PM »
Yah but Japanese people haven't contributed anything to,skateboarding other than squatting....

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like TWS is going to release the Brian Eno cut of the Dill/Ave Feedback part this week. 

Would love to see Photosynthesis re-edited to Oasis’s Fucking in the Bushes and other parts  and song combos (maybe Guy’s Mouse part to Black Sabbath) that almost were
[close]

Oh sweet, that's cool, where did you see that?
On the topic of different song choices, Koston's Yeah Right part that was edited to Prince's Let's Go Crazy was really good, I wish they could have stuck with that.
[close]

TWS insta story

I’ve seen the Prince version.  I liked it.  Apparently Gino had a different song in core versions of Yeah Right?
[close]

The Yeah Right DVD I had had a bunch of alternate parts. Gino was had Cover Girls - Show Me which I remember also had the lyrics about it being easy. BA had The Stooges - Down on the street. Carrol's song was Frisco which I assume wasn't used because of Free Your MInd earlier in the year. Also had the Koston Prince version, which I didn't like because it went through a bunch of the bangers at the end way too quick to go along with the song.
[close]

It also had an extended Owen Wilson skit, which was great. My buddy found a copy in perfect condition for like $3.00 at some used CD store recently and gave it to me. I was stoked it was the "proper" edition with the original soundtrack.

I wonder how I’ve seen the Koston one but not any of the others.   Maybe it was in the VHS or in the extras...the whole core video idea is fine, execution was fucking lame.   Have Carroll and them had the cool kid “you can’t sit with us” vibe since the EMB days?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2017, 11:40:33 PM »
people in japan were dressing like that for years before Dill
exactly! Dill jacked so much from Japan without giving them credit for it. Luckily for him the people are too nice and he still has a massive following here

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 891
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
exactly! Dill jacked so much from Japan without giving them credit for it. Luckily for him the people are too nice and he still has a massive following here

How would he give them credit? Shout out "I'm biting the Japanese style for my clothing" before every flatground 360?

And didn't the style of work pants/tucked in shirt truly originate in America in like the 50's?

I'm not really trying to make a point just blabbering.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

don't be dumb, he created the look

he didn't steal it from japan for gods sake

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He gave them exclusive access to Fucking Awesome for a few years

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hate Dill a lot sometimes, but I  like Dill most of the time.
Cool dude that has always skated for some sick companies, that just 'knows' what will work.
His dress sense has always been on point, knows what's cool... etc.
He kinda reminds me of MUSKA a little, but MUSKA would hype you up,  where Dill would probably just coolly you ;-)

His photosynthesis part is definitely one my favourites ever.

My girl found me this deck as well, brand new in the shrink...

[close]

He was on that NYC hipster trend pretty hard in skate more, not a bad thing but it was pretty funny

it's also funny how the dickies and tucked in t-shirt/tanktop thing he was doing in mindfield was crazy ahead of its time, the look didnt really catch on till like 4/5 years later

he kinda invented the modern street wear outfit
[close]

people kids in japan East LA were dressing like that for years before Dill

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'm pretty sure tyrone's black so....
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.
[close]

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.
[close]

Having white privilege is how the world works. You don't fix it by saying "oh sorry im white and thats why i got the job", what the fuck is that going to do? You fix it by acknowledging that us white people do have special treatment and listen to other people of color problems instead of saying stupid shit like "if only they just listened to the cops and complied it would all be fine". You fix it from the inside and not being a little bitch and telling every white person they need to say sorry

Since you sound like you have a very cemented position in the whole debate, what specifically do you think white people should do "fix" this "problem"?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.
[close]

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.
[close]

Having white privilege is how the world works. You don't fix it by saying "oh sorry im white and thats why i got the job", what the fuck is that going to do? You fix it by acknowledging that us white people do have special treatment and listen to other people of color problems instead of saying stupid shit like "if only they just listened to the cops and complied it would all be fine". You fix it from the inside and not being a little bitch and telling every white person they need to say sorry
[close]

Since you sound like you have a very cemented position in the whole debate, what specifically do you think white people should do "fix" this "problem"?

Did you just decide not to read my original post? I bold the part that answers your question

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cool dude that has always skated for some sick companies, that just 'knows' what will work.
He kinda reminds me of MUSKA a little, but MUSKA would hype you up,  where Dill would probably just coolly you ;-)

[close]

He was on that NYC hipster trend pretty hard in skate more, not a bad thing but it was pretty funny

it's also funny how the dickies and tucked in t-shirt/tanktop thing he was doing in mindfield was crazy ahead of its time, the look didnt really catch on till like 4/5 years later

[close]

[close]

ding ding ding ding ding

there is no fashion japanese street culture has originated/invented that isn't derivative of western fits/garments.

NOTHING.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2017, 06:54:04 PM »
don't be dumb, he created the look

he didn't steal it from japan for gods sake
 k, mate ;) Were you in Japan 3+ years before he even rocked that look? Because if you were, well ... well we wouldn't be having this conversation.

How would he give them credit? Shout out "I'm biting the Japanese style for my clothing" before every flatground 360?
And didn't the style of work pants/tucked in shirt truly originate in America in like the 50's?
I'm not really trying to make a point just blabbering.
hahaha, no, Dill would never admit that anyway, I guess most of us wouldn't so you do have a point there. What I was trying to say is that people always give him so much credit for "creating" all these looks when he was just poaching an already well established look (that yes, was based off some dudes in the 50's). Fashion is a funny thing but Dill certainly isn't an innovator in any of it.

He gave them exclusive access to Fucking Awesome for a few years
exactly, because no one in the western world was silly enough at the time to wear a hoody with "fucking awesome" written across the front of it in hulkmania font ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:16:11 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
I am a fan of O'Dell and Epicly Later'd, but this Vice series has been quite underwhelming.

Bam? Roy? Harmony $@#%ing Korine?

Give me Natas, Thiebaud, Rocco or almost anyone in skating besides those three.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
You had an entire fucking documentary on Steve Rocco, what more could you want to know about him?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you just decide not to read my original post? I bold the part that answers your question

I read it, but I asked for specific examples since you weren't elaborative. Simply saying that I should accept the existence of an alleged white privilege & telling me to listen to black people sounds like a broad generalization, and I'm looking for a definitive starting point to see if what you're saying is valid & if I can help you accomplish your goal.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2017, 03:31:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

ding ding ding ding ding

there is no fashion japanese street culture has originated/invented that isn't derivative of western fits/garments.

NOTHING.

Come on now.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2017, 07:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I read it, but I asked for specific examples since you weren't elaborative. Simply saying that I should accept the existence of an alleged white privilege & telling me to listen to black people sounds like a broad generalization, and I'm looking for a definitive starting point to see if what you're saying is valid & if I can help you accomplish your goal.

You keep getting white people to talk about about race till it doesn't make them uncomfortable anymore

Also I'm not going to take advice from a dude who has a mass shooter as his avatar

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2017, 09:52:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You keep getting white people to talk about about race till it doesn't make them uncomfortable anymore

Also I'm not going to take advice from a dude who has a mass shooter as his avatar

I'm not giving advice, I'm asking questions so I can better understand you. Telling people what to do is your game, not mine, but if you don't care to elaborate on specific talking points or how to tactfully start the conversation then your broad sentiment will be lost by all. I suppose I'd stab at the person asking the question as opposed to taking a stab at answering the question if I didn't have an answer.

Feel free to ignore my point if an avatar truly plucked at your emotional heart strings though.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not giving advice, I'm asking questions so I can better understand you. Telling people what to do is your game, not mine, but if you don't care to elaborate on specific talking points or how to tactfully start the conversation then your broad sentiment will be lost by all. I suppose I'd stab at the person asking the question as opposed to taking a stab at answering the question if I didn't have an answer.

Feel free to ignore my point if an avatar truly plucked at your emotional heart strings though.

I didn't get offended by your avatar. I just simply said I'm not going to take advice from you because of that. Edgy bros 4 life man

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't get offended by your avatar. I just simply said I'm not going to take advice from you because of that. Edgy bros 4 life man

You mean you're not going to elaborate your points to give specific detailed examples of what you mean. If you don't have an answer that's fine, but using my avatar as an excuse for your inability to clarify your point with specific examples is pretty weak. Prejudging whether someone is worthy of a response predicated on a satirical avatar seems ignorant at best.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You mean you're not going to elaborate your points to give specific detailed examples of what you mean. If you don't have an answer that's fine, but using my avatar as an excuse for your inability to clarify your point with specific examples is pretty weak. Prejudging whether someone is worthy of a response predicated on a satirical avatar seems ignorant at best.

Okay. This is like me talking to a person who has a longboard and that longboarder is trying to give me advice on how to skate better.

That is you. Here let me try to explain this in your own words. Your avatar is too dank for me bro, I'm not on the same clout level as you so im just gonna dab the hate away

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay. This is like me talking to a person who has a longboard and that longboarder is trying to give me advice on how to skate better.

That is you. Here let me try to explain this in your own words. Your avatar is too dank for me bro, I'm not on the same clout level as you so im just gonna dab the hate away

Ok.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »
ding ding ding ding ding

NOTHING.
in the late 90s/ early 00s Japan was doing some crazy shit with their fashion (see fruits magazine from those days, kids were wearing fucking potato sacks ffs).
Exhibit A: Gyaru fashion - sure, they were western garments but that look is 100% owned by the Japanese
Exhibit B: Yanki/ Yankee fashion - despite the name has nothing to do with America and is pretty much exclusively a Japanese look (for better or for worse)

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
Expand Quote
ding ding ding ding ding

NOTHING.
[close]
in the late 90s/ early 00s Japan was doing some crazy shit with their fashion (see fruits magazine from those days, kids were wearing fucking potato sacks ffs).
Exhibit A: Gyaru fashion - sure, they were western garments but that look is 100% owned by the Japanese
Exhibit B: Yanki/ Yankee fashion - despite the name has nothing to do with America and is pretty much exclusively a Japanese look (for better or for worse)

I wish Dill would bite some Ganguro fashion...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »
Personally I think the fake tan would suit him ;)

So I finally finished watching the whole thing and I actually like him a smidgen more than I did (I'm usually a heavy hater/ critic). Would I buy an FA board? Hell no, but you can't deny that he's certainly doing it how he wants to do it.
Maybe it was even the whole Dylan section where he seemed almost ... dare I say it, human? Either way he wasn't trying to put on his whole cooler-than-thou front which was refreshing (at least for those few minutes anyway). I usually also don't think his influence is that great in skating but am now wondering if it will prove to be with his current team and of course Dylan's legacy?
Would be nice to also see him go full sXe imho; the weed certainly isn't helping him at this point.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:19:02 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2017, 06:13:49 AM »
I wonder if he only does the FA graphics, because I can't see him having done the Andrew Allen drunk driver graphic.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »
He hacks those illustrations out of old magazines like Joy of Knowledge/Time/Life.
He's basically dangling off Dash Snows tattered coat tails...

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »
Sooner or later those FA kids are gonna realise that Dill is full of shit!
You can see hints of it in Tompkins park. History repeating itself a la rocko x Girl.

'That nigga aint my father - Tyshawn Jones is my Father'  ;D

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »
Matthew, did you not realize i answered your question twice and even gave you a video of what should be done? Like I don't understand this. All I said back to you was because of your avatar that I feel like your opinion on white privilege is not relevant. Its not this hard dude, I just don't want an edgy bros opinion. 

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
Tobey, with that fictitious cartoon avatar, we can't take your opinions on reality seriously  ::)

Tyshawn seems to see through the bullshit with Dill. I would expect him to be the first of the kids to be of

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
Every singe one of those kids (bar Kev) is super ambitious and already business savvy as fuck!

I'll give the FA boyband to the end of 2018 max.