Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65762 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Daan on homophobia
« on: August 05, 2021, 05:21:51 AM »

Apparently posted pre 10am Netherlands time.

He took it down, but not before defending it(?). It’s still on the good homie @thesecrettape’s story.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

slappies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:28:39 AM »
It will always strike me as odd that someone in a public position like his would post some stupid shit like this. I understand "skateboarders aren't role models" or whatever argument someone might try to make, but how does one go about posting something like this and not expect blowback? I saw in his replies to secrettape that he was pulling the "where did I say I hate gay people?" shit. Public or private, this was a dumb and ignorant post.

He has multiple LGBT+ teammates as well through Nike and Anti-Hero. I guess I can imagine he doesn't have much contact with people like Elissa or Leo, but BA is undoubtedly going to be around Daan at some point. I wonder how Daan feels about BA's "propaganda" posting.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

REALtoREEL

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 05:35:32 AM »
I could see him being of Nike by the end of the day.

Veggie.Wav

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 05:36:30 AM »
Gay people being open and comfortable with their sexuality is "propaganda". Imagine being a heterosexual man and letting another man's penis dictate your emotions
my ass is stink

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 05:38:45 AM »
What a fucking idiot. I'm currently skating his AH deck, now it's definitely going to be my last deck of his I skate. Fuck him.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 05:41:27 AM »
I'm a little late to the party but here's my bundt cake.

Lol the craziest part is straight people have controlled all aspects of public life for the past 2,000 years & counting so I'm pretty lost on the whole "propaganda" angle myself, as a verified Homo Sexualist.

If you mean you're mad trans women & gay men aren't being publically murdered with impunity (at least not every day), then I can see your point.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 05:46:58 AM »
Wow, what would LGBT propaganda entail anyway? Was someone listening to Queen nearby and it just pushed him over the edge?

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 05:51:56 AM »
The gay agenda

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 05:53:02 AM »
Gay people being open and comfortable with their sexuality is "propaganda". Imagine being a heterosexual man and letting another man's penis dictate your emotions
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday and I’m not fuming. Gay trans people can finally be a bit more free and open within society and people like Daan are this upset about it? Fuck off.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 06:05:20 AM »
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday

Can you give me an example of this? I'm generally interested as to what people see as propaganda.

I'd also like Daan to tell me what he sees as propaganda.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Jomeslap

• Rep: -20
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 06:10:08 AM »
That’s his opinion. He isn’t saying anything negative or bashing anyone. My gay brother is getting married this fall. Showed him the photo, he laughed and agreed. So many soft cookies here, so quick to act tough and shit talk behind their screen about someone stating their opinion. But would never say anything face to face lol

Juliet Berto

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 06:10:36 AM »
Also, his little avatar is fucking Dirty Harry, patron saint of reactionary trash for the past 50 years. Fuck Daan.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 06:13:44 AM »
That’s his opinion. He isn’t saying anything negative or bashing anyone. My gay brother is getting married this fall. Showed him the photo, he laughed and agreed. So many soft cookies here, so quick to act tough and shit talk behind their screen about someone stating their opinion. But would never say anything face to face lol

This reminds me of my coworker who claimed his mentally disabled sister prefers to be called "regular". Turns out my coworker doesn't have a sister and is just a lying edge lord.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 06:16:51 AM »

He's literally saying that he's sick of seeing LGBTQ people and issues. Your brother agrees with this? Does he know the reason why he is legally allowed to get married as a gay man? Please think before you post.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 06:17:08 AM »
he's also more on the antivaxxers side... seems to be prone to right-wing agenda

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 06:19:54 AM »
It’s funny waking up to this since, as one of the only queer people at my local park, every time I point out blatant homophobia it’s written off as soapbox talk. Daan prolly just responding to that whole matt damon slur story

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 06:20:29 AM »
he's also more on the antivaxxers side... seems to be prone to right-wing agenda

What an idiot...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 06:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday
[close]

Can you give me an example of this? I'm generally interested as to what people see as propaganda.

I'd also like Daan to tell me what he sees as propaganda.
Sorry it was meant to be sarcastic with the quotation marks. I’m saying what some people like Daan say is propaganda (a commercial with two dads or an ad for hiv/aids) is just everyday things you see. But because homosexuality is finally more accepted it’s seen as propaganda.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2021, 06:23:25 AM »
if someone said “god i am just so sick of the LGBT propaganda” to my face i don’t think i would ever be able stop laughing at them

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 06:27:14 AM »

I wish your gay brother a very happy & long marriage to his wife.

I have occupied my time in this thread being sarcastic but let me give up the ghost.

Maybe you would say nothing face to face, but that's not something you know about others.

Speaking for myself: when the world sees me as 'male' but I have small breasts that lead the world to read me as 'freak' at the same time, it's either I speak up or I get assaulted. So I would not only say something face to face, but I would additionally fight my way through any ambush. Shriveled dick and all. I'm a fucking powderkeg. What you see as opinions we see as symtoms of the same disease. We're not crazy for seeing hatred for what it is, so don't try to manipulate us.

P.S. just because your brother is gay does not mean he can't be a homophobe. I hope his husband is safe and isn't subject to the same bullshit that you & him deem manly. God forbid his husband comes out as femme or wants to dress effeminately on a date. God forbid your husband has to defend him against a public attacker.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 06:27:49 AM »
I’m trying to lose weight but all this pizza propaganda on my screen man

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 06:32:12 AM »

I got a cramp laughing.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 06:34:01 AM »

I really should know better than to respond to trolls like you at this point but let me tell you that I would absolutely relish the opportunity to tell this irrelevant clown to fuck off to his face. What I guarantee however is that Daan wouldn't spew this homophobic bullshit to a gay person to their face because he is a coward.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 06:34:58 AM »
That poor, repressed straight white dude.
Finding the strength to speak up and not let the man dictate his sexuality!
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2021, 06:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got a cramp laughing.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2021, 06:37:48 AM »

Daan is 5 foot 6 inches...my 6ft 2" gay ass would beat the ever-loving shit out of that annoying prick. 

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2021, 06:39:07 AM »
Isn't there already a suitable thread for this kind of lame Instagram post?

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2021, 06:41:20 AM »
Yikes...

Respect to thesecrettape for calling him out on this.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2021, 06:43:30 AM »
Isn't there already a suitable thread for this kind of lame Instagram post?

This goes above and beyond the lame Instagram post thread, as I think the majority of Slap Pals would like to know what Deluxe board or Nike Blazer to avoid buying from here on out, lest you line this homophobe’s wallet.

Feel free to repost though.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2021, 06:46:19 AM »
oof. how disappointing.