Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118630 times)

ziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »
Skating since being a babby

are you from Birmingham?

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -12
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2021, 04:30:28 PM »
Muska part in Guilty is in my top 10 parts of all time possibly even 5

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
Muska part in Guilty is in my top 10 parts of all time possibly even 5

love that part, wasnt huge on the music but the part was sick

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2021, 07:42:43 PM »
Kader looks like Missy Elliot

Brguy

« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2021, 08:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like seeing california school yard footage and other iconic so cal spots, because the bar has been set high at them so people can’t get away with subpar footage at them, at least in pro videos and stuff. If I see someone rolling up to say, the muirlands 14 or Hollywood high, I know I’m going to see some cool boundary pushing.
[close]
I get that but I like seeing spots I haven’t seen before and Tom Knox killing really shitty spots
[close]
Why not have both if there's budget for footage at both types of spots? Or a team with a mix of people from X, Y, Z places.

I know we get what I just described from some projects, but I'm pointing out that we can have both and not have to pick one.
[close]

Idk if it would work with a board company because I think board companies work better when they’re homies and hang out together. But it would be cool if shoe brands had teams like in the 90s and early 2000s and made videos like Menikmati. Like they had teams of pros from all over the world who skate differently and they have a full part of each pro. However I fucking hate Nike edits, the music is always fucking boring and not very memorable and even tho the skaters are good I just find the way they’re edited so fucking boring, so much so that I’ve never rewatched a Nike sb edit, not even that trust fall one even tho kyron Davis was in it and killed it
[close]

Don’t know why Nike is getting singled out for unmemorable songs.   That’s a pretty common issue nowadays.  Nike at least had that Cyrus edit with the Beastie Boys’ Aglio e Olio, house music in that Soulland edit, Ishod Return of the Mack, and I’m sure Mason used a good song last year, but I can’t keep track of all his parts
Probably cause they have money to buy any song they want.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Free Max B
« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2021, 10:19:14 PM »
yeah dude why is everyone complaining about music rights?? *specifically lists nike online parts* idk dude industry mystery

free max b
FREE MAX B

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »

How big are your feet and how tall are you?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2021, 03:48:17 PM »
confession: i hate when you dudes bring your art school ass girlfriend to come rollerskate. i know this applies to some of y’all. i’m like proud of her too and whatever but i’m not trying to swerve around her doin a full pad frontside handstand to backwards or w/e

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »
I'm starting to like lk130's shit attempts at Stylin' threads.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Free Max B
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2021, 07:32:33 PM »
confession: i hate when you dudes bring your art school ass girlfriend to come rollerskate. i know this applies to some of y’all. i’m like proud of her too and whatever but i’m not trying to swerve around her doin a full pad frontside handstand to backwards or w/e
nah dude fuck all of this. if this is you, you and your girl should be way more aware that you suck. fuck those people

free max b
FREE MAX B

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nah dude fuck all of this. if this is you, you and your girl should be way more aware that you suck. fuck those people

free max b

Eh. After more than 30 years of skating one thing has remained constant: I skate better when chicks are watching. Let em hang out.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2021, 10:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

free max b
[close]

Eh. After more than 30 years of skating one thing has remained constant: I skate better when chicks are watching. Let em hang out.
Had a cute milf gal ask me for tips on fs shuvs yesterday and she landed a few shortly after my instruction.

I think she knew how to it was a good way to talk to me, which made me feel affable and my opinion mattered.

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2021, 11:25:00 PM »
I'm starting to like lk130's shit attempts at Stylin' threads.
Got my sig from someone making the same kind of comment. Had to.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2021, 12:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like seeing california school yard footage and other iconic so cal spots, because the bar has been set high at them so people can’t get away with subpar footage at them, at least in pro videos and stuff. If I see someone rolling up to say, the muirlands 14 or Hollywood high, I know I’m going to see some cool boundary pushing.
[close]
I get that but I like seeing spots I haven’t seen before and Tom Knox killing really shitty spots
[close]
Why not have both if there's budget for footage at both types of spots? Or a team with a mix of people from X, Y, Z places.

I know we get what I just described from some projects, but I'm pointing out that we can have both and not have to pick one.
[close]

Idk if it would work with a board company because I think board companies work better when they’re homies and hang out together. But it would be cool if shoe brands had teams like in the 90s and early 2000s and made videos like Menikmati. Like they had teams of pros from all over the world who skate differently and they have a full part of each pro. However I fucking hate Nike edits, the music is always fucking boring and not very memorable and even tho the skaters are good I just find the way they’re edited so fucking boring, so much so that I’ve never rewatched a Nike sb edit, not even that trust fall one even tho kyron Davis was in it and killed it
[close]

Don’t know why Nike is getting singled out for unmemorable songs.   That’s a pretty common issue nowadays.  Nike at least had that Cyrus edit with the Beastie Boys’ Aglio e Olio, house music in that Soulland edit, Ishod Return of the Mack, and I’m sure Mason used a good song last year, but I can’t keep track of all his parts

You’re right maybe I was a bit too harsh on Nike, I can barely remember the music in any videos I’ve watched as of late. But holy shit a lot of the music was notably bad in Godspeed though, almost unbearable and when lil dre skates to his ow music it makes me puke in my mouth.
I was also gonna single out Adidas but then I remembered that edit of Heitor skating to that old club tune I’ve forgotten the name of, and that was really sick

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2021, 02:04:04 AM »
Aurelian is sick

Jesus

No

Anyone but him
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2021, 04:32:05 AM »

I don’t go to skate parks often. But I’ve been going with a buddy cause he like to warm up there before we hit spots. And I’ve noticed there are so many of these crusty roller derby reject types. All super friendly but almost always in the way. And why quads and not rollerblades? Is there a blade quad beef? I just have so many questions.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Skating since being a babby
[close]

are you from Birmingham?

No, I am from Massachusetts.

NoMoneyDown

• Rep: 2
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »
Skateboarding itself is awesome, but everything about it beyond the act of skateboarding is fucking lame.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:31 PM »
Skateboarding itself is awesome, but everything about it beyond the act of skateboarding is fucking lame.

Reminds me of the phrase, "Cycling would be a whole lot more fun if it weren't for cyclists."

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reminds me of the phrase, "Cycling would be a whole lot more fun if it weren't for cyclists."

So true, and applies to basically everything. 

For certain hobbies and things I’m into, I try to avoid the “scene” and knowing to much about things. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2021, 11:56:46 PM »

I'm never going to say no when she offers to be a designated driver for me.

Croquet temper

« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2021, 05:19:30 AM »
Thunder trucks are so low, they are un-usable without risers and I find that obnoxious. That along with the baseplate issue has made their popularity bewildering to me.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2021, 06:48:57 AM »
They really that bad? I’m not a fan of low trucks but guessed their bitey rep was from the turn not the height... can live without anyway, only pair ever had was in 90’s and didn’t like

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2021, 07:46:42 AM »
Thunder trucks are so low, they are un-usable without risers and I find that obnoxious. That along with the baseplate issue has made their popularity bewildering to me.

I swap around lots of trucks but imo the height is fine with 54mm or smaller wheels and the baseplate isn't actually a problem. You see people like KB and Austyn Gillette do long slides on them and I've never struggled once I actually learned proper tail and nose slides.

Not saying I don't respect your opinion because this is the unpopular opinions thread but that's just my experience.

Lahlah

• Rep: 14
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2021, 08:06:36 AM »
Kader looks like Missy Elliot

Damn when you're right, you're right...

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »

Never had a problem with their height. I have however had issues with the kingpin sticking out too much and catching on certain grinds.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2021, 08:26:01 AM »
i think full-lengths are gonna make a comeback

Croquet temper

« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2021, 08:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swap around lots of trucks but imo the height is fine with 54mm or smaller wheels and the baseplate isn't actually a problem. You see people like KB and Austyn Gillette do long slides on them and I've never struggled once I actually learned proper tail and nose slides.

Not saying I don't respect your opinion because this is the unpopular opinions thread but that's just my experience.

I tried using 147 Hollow Lights with 53s and I immediately ordered Indys after trying to get used to it for a few weeKs. That and they look weak and unsubstantial. Also, the various heights on different versions of their trucks is needlessly confusing.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »
i think full-lengths are gonna make a comeback

I think full lengths never left

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334