Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118613 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2021, 11:31:53 AM »
2021 is the year of trial by social media- watch

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2232
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2021, 11:43:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Yaje has a weird arm thing going on, bad style and has never done anything groundbreaking to the point where I should dick ride him like "most" of SLAP does.
[close]

Nothing against the dude but I honestly have never watched any of his parts. Something about the thumbnails makes me uninterested (I know how dumb that is).
...And of course, there’s that hair thing too.
(Going back to the well for this one, but fuxxit, it fits.)
https://jgoody.bandcamp.com/track/white-boy-dreadlock-feat-kirby-dominant-album-version

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

babs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »
Going back and watching Reynolds' baker 3 part was a snooze fest. Watching him do the same fs flip or kickflip with the exact same looking landing where he squats on the board on various 10+ stair sets is not a particularly interesting viewing expirience.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2021, 01:17:43 PM »
Going back and watching Reynolds' baker 3 part was a snooze fest. Watching him do the same fs flip or kickflip with the exact same looking landing where he squats on the board on various 10+ stair sets is not a particularly interesting viewing expirience.
This...... have a gnar sir

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2021, 01:24:59 PM »
Gilbert Crockett's skating looked better in tight pants.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2021, 02:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Best Reynolds front side flip is in the end. Since that they look ugly and just complete turn on the ground.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Best Reynolds front side flip is in the end. Since that they look ugly and just complete turn on the ground.

Pants got too tight. 

The bottom of the stair angle on the fs flip Wilshire 15 in baker 2g makes it look like the worst fs flip, but the angle across the street shows he doesn’t land it as sideways-y as it looks in the 2nd angle

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2021, 05:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Pants got too tight. 

The bottom of the stair angle on the fs flip Wilshire 15 in baker 2g makes it look like the worst fs flip, but the angle across the street shows he doesn’t land it as sideways-y as it looks in the 2nd angle
Untitled by , on Flickr
IDK...looks just as bad to me.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »
Just wanted to take a moment to post a popular opinion

I’d rather have Danny Garcia as a landlord than Mikey Taylor lmao

nothing's been the since same

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Pants got too tight. 

[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
IDK...looks just as bad to me.

what a horrible fucking opinion.  all of you

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
Some folks need to get serious, the one over the rail the Hollywood High 16 that kicks off Reynolds' B3 part is as textbook a frontside 180 kickflip as it gets. 

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2021, 07:27:58 PM »
Some folks need to get serious, the one over the rail the Hollywood High 16 that kicks off Reynolds' B3 part is as textbook a frontside 180 kickflip as it gets.

Agreed. Also the one in Stay Gold before the Wallenberg bs flip.

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2021, 07:35:05 PM »
Man I love Frog but Jesse Alba’s trick selection is like a grown up version of a fat kid skater.

Brguy

« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2021, 11:27:34 PM »
You guys definitely didn't pay attention to Reynolds baker 3 part, there's lots of tricks in there, some cool lines, a wallride. I mean, I get it that he dois kickflips and fs flips a lot, but don't push it.

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2021, 12:58:56 AM »
Man I love Frog but Jesse Alba’s trick selection is like a grown up version of a fat kid skater.
Grown up fat kids can skate too.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
« Reply #525 on: March 02, 2021, 01:15:54 AM »
Just look at Franky Villani!

michael scarn

« Reply #526 on: March 02, 2021, 07:23:08 AM »
Just wanted to take a moment to post a popular opinion

I’d rather have Danny Garcia as a landlord than Mikey Taylor lmao

"Look, you didn't let your money work for you and that's why I'm evicting you. Before I call the cops, allow me to lecture you on how this is entirely YOUR FAULT"

ballintoohard

« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2021, 07:58:04 AM »
Reynolds got sloppy during his peak coke days, but otherwise has kept things really proper. You don’t watch a Reynolds part for insanely contrived NBDs, you watch it because you enjoy his style of popping and landing specific textbook tricks.

My unpopular Reynolds opinion is that I prefer Baker 4 Reynolds to Baker 3.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #528 on: March 02, 2021, 08:51:46 AM »
Reynolds got sloppy during his peak coke days, but otherwise has kept things really proper. You don’t watch a Reynolds part for insanely contrived NBDs, you watch it because you enjoy his style of popping and landing specific textbook tricks.

I cant believe the same guy of The End and 411 did that Baker 2g. Man, there was one of the worst pushes and fs flips in the history of skateboarding.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #529 on: March 02, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I cant believe the same guy of The End and 411 did that Baker 2g. Man, there was one of the worst pushes and fs flips in the history of skateboarding.

proof pants matter
tight pants kill a good style
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:10:39 AM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

conqueso

« Reply #530 on: March 02, 2021, 10:08:10 AM »

I disagree. he always had good style. but also is the gold standard of a pre 2010 era hammer skater

at the time those big tricks and fs flips were absolutely considered NBDs. reynolds and crew played a major part in the stair counting era and in driving the hype behind that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:24:25 AM by conqueso »

ballintoohard

« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »
I guess I'm not explaining it right. Reynolds will NBD a spot with his textbook tricks, but he isn't Nyjah'ing or Midler'ing shit. You're right with the pre 2010 thing, but I guess I was referring to his entire career not just a period.

Brguy

« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »
I guess I'm not explaining it right. Reynolds will NBD a spot with his textbook tricks, but he isn't Nyjah'ing or Midler'ing shit. You're right with the pre 2010 thing, but I guess I was referring to his entire career not just a period.
Do you realize that Nyjah and Midler are like 15 years younger than Reynolds and they haven't put out a third of their footage on a eternal coke hangover?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #533 on: March 02, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you realize that Nyjah and Midler are like 15 years younger than Reynolds and they haven't put out a third of their footage on a eternal coke hangover?

You sure about Nyjah?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I disagree. he always had good style. but also is the gold standard of a pre 2010 era hammer skater

at the time those big tricks and fs flips were absolutely considered NBDs. reynolds and crew played a major part in the stair counting era and in driving the hype behind that.
Yeah, Baker/Zero/Flip were the guys who pushed gap/rail skating for bigger and longer NBD's of certain tricks. Crailtap were the guys pushing never been done tech ledge stuff. Guys like Koston, McCrank, Apples and Arto pushed tech stuff on rails and hubba's.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah, Baker/Zero/Flip were the guys who pushed gap/rail skating for bigger and longer NBD's of certain tricks. Crailtap were the guys pushing never been done tech ledge stuff. Guys like Koston, McCrank, Apples and Arto pushed tech stuff on rails and hubba's.

Tech-Gnar as it was once referred to

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #536 on: March 02, 2021, 04:28:54 PM »
colin fiske had best part in whl

anti-bolts

• Rep: -2
  • andy shitcock
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2021, 11:54:33 AM »
Gilbert Crockett's skating looked better in tight pants.

please stop, although congrats for the very unpopular opinion

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »
colin fiske had best part in whl

One of the most well-aged parts for sure.

Neil

• Rep: 13
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2021, 12:14:41 PM »
Every time someone passes away or has a GoFundMe, it shouldn't be a sticky on the front page. It should disappear after a month. How many sticky's do we need to have to visually detract from live threads? At some point enough people will pass away that the whole front page will just be sticky threads.