Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118620 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2021, 04:33:56 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with mall grabbing.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Brguy

« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
It feels crusty to hold a board by the trucks when they're worn out a bit though.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It feels crusty to hold a board by the trucks when they're worn out a bit though.
This. I was a mall grab supporter and then progressed to doing lots of truck grinds and now it feels really grimey to do myself. full support for others doing it though.

ballintoohard

« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
Any line that doubles it’s length because of that goddamn push into the street just for a flatground trick (or any instance tbh— nobody should have to wait that long for the tre flip we saw coming from miles away. Fakie flip is also expected if going switch.)

Poppalardo talks about this when reviewing his old parts especially how doing a flat ground trick is just zero value if only one thing is before or after. I can’t get that idea out of my head now.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2021, 03:25:32 PM »
I don't care to watch people skate mini ramps.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Any line that doubles it’s length because of that goddamn push into the street just for a flatground trick (or any instance tbh— nobody should have to wait that long for the tre flip we saw coming from miles away. Fakie flip is also expected if going switch.)
[close]

Poppalardo talks about this when reviewing his old parts especially how doing a flat ground trick is just zero value if only one thing is before or after. I can’t get that idea out of my head now.
If you have to push to add a flatground trick to the end of your line then yeah, nah. If you can squeeze one in with the momentum left over from your last actual gap/bench whatevs, and can make it look casual and stylish, then I'm not mad. Grind, push, then flatground trick does not count as a line imo.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2021, 03:48:08 PM »
Haha yeah, imagine pushing to do a flat ground trick.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #577 on: March 17, 2021, 05:34:23 AM »
Reynolds look groos in stripes.

petersmolik

« Reply #578 on: March 17, 2021, 10:03:21 AM »
The new Pizza video is good and the current team rips.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »
4k is beyond overkill for longlens
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2021, 09:49:00 PM »
Low impact relatable skateboarding is relatable to those who don't skate often. If trajectory holds, such video content will ultimately not include skateboarding; the ultimate form.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #581 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:43 AM »
Low impact relatable skateboarding is relatable to those who don't skate often. If trajectory holds, such video content will ultimately not include skateboarding; the ultimate form.

What's that hard cold brew like ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • Get bent
« Reply #582 on: March 29, 2021, 02:28:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Johnny laytons “berrics” part is better than a LOT of the parts in Propeller, and he should have had a part and dollin/Rowley should not have had any parts
[close]
is this unpopular? at least for the first half, i think it’s kind of undeniable layton had an exceptional part that outshined his more marketable older contemporaries and younger replacements. he was just a buck short and toy machine cashed his check for him. can’t think of a brand that’s blown it harder than toy in the last decade.
[close]

Not getting the 2021 part of this conversation.

^^ this...
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #583 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If you have to push to add a flatground trick to the end of your line then yeah, nah. If you can squeeze one in with the momentum left over from your last actual gap/bench whatevs, and can make it look casual and stylish, then I'm not mad. Grind, push, then flatground trick does not count as a line imo.

The only exception I can think of is Arto's first line in Mindfield. I remember people cheered at the flatground 360 flip at the premiere

if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 285
« Reply #584 on: March 29, 2021, 09:53:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My girlfriend was drinking one recently and said it tastes like Yoo-Hoo. If I have one in the next few days I'll report back.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2021, 04:26:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The only exception I can think of is Arto's first line in Mindfield. I remember people cheered at the flatground 360 flip at the premiere

That's at the start of the line though?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2021, 06:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s garbage. It tastes like chocolate water gone bad.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2021, 06:35:58 AM »
Modern-day Alien has a better team than mid-90’s Alien.

Alien was bubblegum up until the late 90’s.

Deluxe wasn’t good from 1997 until Krooked started in 2002.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #588 on: April 03, 2021, 10:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is a popular opinion I think, I agree

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 285
« Reply #589 on: April 03, 2021, 01:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This. I was a mall grab supporter and then progressed to doing lots of truck grinds and now it feels really grimey to do myself. full support for others doing it though.
Few days ago, grabbed the deck out of the car by the trucks. Ended with metal shards in my index finger. Not a fan of that.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #590 on: April 03, 2021, 05:50:41 PM »

braindead take up top there

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: April 03, 2021, 06:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah, all they had during the mid-90’s were a young Fred Gall, JK, and Lennie Kirk.

The rest of the team was on the way out at that point (Pitre, Conklin, Morgan, Turner, Drake).

Modern day Alien has Joey O’Brien, Yaje, Spears, and Sammy Montano.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #592 on: April 03, 2021, 07:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Nah, all they had during the mid-90’s were a young Fred Gall, JK, and Lennie Kirk.

The rest of the team was on the way out at that point (Pitre, Conklin, Morgan, Turner, Drake).

who?

veritas

« Reply #593 on: April 03, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Blasphemy. Young Fred gall filmed the sub zero part at 15 and his part in Time Code 2 years later, with 3 NBDs on hubba

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: April 03, 2021, 07:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Blasphemy. Young Fred gall filmed the sub zero part at 15 and his part in Time Code 2 years later, with 3 NBDs on hubba

And that’s why this is called the unpopular opinion thread.  8)

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #595 on: April 04, 2021, 04:33:24 PM »
Bottle Bash and beer die are the best drinking games ever created.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #596 on: April 04, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »
Black socks are always wack

If the skater is good enough and the rest of the part is crazy I think its a nice breath of fresh air to see someone take a few pushes and throw a flatground move

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #597 on: April 04, 2021, 06:13:59 PM »

Andy probably made helmets even more disliked than before.

Theres one very specific niche of grown men skaters who love andy anderson, skate some weird ass setup with like a lithe deck, and do nothing but stationary ollies while fully padded up

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #598 on: April 04, 2021, 08:24:06 PM »
There are not enough board companies. I'm not talking about some random designing 20 boards with Sonic the Hedgehog hitting a bong on buildcustomskateboards.com to sell out of their trunk at the skatepark to vaping teenagers.

I'm talking about actual board companies with a nice overall aesthetic, great video direction, a solid team, and a real stake in the market. Because if you really think about it, there really aren't many of those companies around. I like going to the shop and seeing a wide variety of different companies on the wall with all different shapes, woodshops, and places where they originated. That's why I don't like when people roll their eyes and say "oh here we go, yet another board company." If a new board company blows it though then they blow it and the market will respond accordingly. But to dismiss a new company right out the gate for no reason other than them being new is shortsighted imo.

I'd rather be oversaturated with new board companies than only having the option of buying from a few established big brands. It's like going to an ice cream store and only having 8 basic flavors on the menu. Like nah, give me a Reece's peanut butter cup pistachio oreo crunch sundae with gummy bears and go fuck yourself.       

Brguy

« Reply #599 on: April 04, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
There are not enough board companies. I'm not talking about some random designing 20 boards with Sonic the Hedgehog hitting a bong on buildcustomskateboards.com to sell out of their trunk at the skatepark to vaping teenagers.

I'm talking about actual board companies with a nice overall aesthetic, great video direction, a solid team, and a real stake in the market. Because if you really think about it, there really aren't many of those companies around. I like going to the shop and seeing a wide variety of different companies on the wall with all different shapes, woodshops, and places where they originated. That's why I don't like when people roll their eyes and say "oh here we go, yet another board company." If a new board company blows it though then they blow it and the market will respond accordingly. But to dismiss a new company right out the gate for no reason other than them being new is shortsighted imo.

I'd rather be oversaturated with new board companies than only having the option of buying from a few established big brands. It's like going to an ice cream store and only having 8 basic flavors on the menu. Like nah, give me a Reece's peanut butter cup pistachio oreo crunch sundae with gummy bears and go fuck yourself.     
Even if there are more board companies your dream might not happen cause brands have a very local market, imagine Baker and 5Boro for example, you'll probably find on in the east coast more than the west and vice-versa. There's also that thing some guy said in another thread about board brands being fucked by most of them being made by the same few woodshops, so they spend extra money that they could save making their own boards. I mean, how hard could it be? I live in Brazil and there's a couple of brands from my area that make their own boards, and when I said from my neighborhood that's really, it they're really not selling to the whole country or anything like that. They don't have fucking scientists designing stuff but the boards are still good, even with ivory wood instead of maple.