Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118630 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #870 on: July 20, 2021, 06:26:12 AM »
i wish shortys was still a thing and not the functioning wrecked aftermath brand it is today. i dont care about sports but in retrospect the mock logo red and blue with the board in the middle is one of the only logos i ever genuinely liked. it was cool because its a parody of jock shit i guess. definitely had my wet willie and blind reaper phase as a kid but the shortys logo was ideal. was

I'm thinking if they could get boards consistently made... it might be a bit better. Those Muska boards should be made forever. And/or Olson/Smolik ones. Pretty sure it could last as a nostalgia brand. I bought one of those S-HORTY-S hoodies about 6 months ago or at X-Mas maybe

cky enthusiast

« Reply #871 on: July 20, 2021, 06:39:16 AM »
adults who openly talk about how bad their home lives were as children to strangers are some of the most irritating people on earth

Paperclip20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #872 on: July 20, 2021, 07:01:41 AM »
You look like a huge idiot in your Polar big boy jeans.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #873 on: July 20, 2021, 07:06:42 AM »
adults who openly talk about how bad their home lives were as children to strangers are some of the most irritating people on earth

Hurtful.  ;D
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #874 on: July 20, 2021, 07:38:31 AM »

yep, its better look like a Dylan clone like Horse Taylor.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #875 on: July 20, 2021, 07:39:36 AM »

allineedskate

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #876 on: July 20, 2021, 07:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yep, its better look like a Dylan clone like Horse Taylor.

Yes, $150 JNCO reproductions are the only alternative to skinny jeans.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #877 on: July 20, 2021, 08:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote
i wish shortys was still a thing and not the functioning wrecked aftermath brand it is today. i dont care about sports but in retrospect the mock logo red and blue with the board in the middle is one of the only logos i ever genuinely liked. it was cool because its a parody of jock shit i guess. definitely had my wet willie and blind reaper phase as a kid but the shortys logo was ideal. was
[close]

I'm thinking if they could get boards consistently made... it might be a bit better. Those Muska boards should be made forever. And/or Olson/Smolik ones. Pretty sure it could last as a nostalgia brand. I bought one of those S-HORTY-S hoodies about 6 months ago or at X-Mas maybe
they pretty much are a nostalgia brand at this point though. friggin keelan dadd didnt help either

sketchyrider

« Reply #878 on: July 20, 2021, 08:52:39 AM »
Wooden mini ramps and bowls are the ultimate skate terrain

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #879 on: July 20, 2021, 09:06:06 AM »
Sure but consider how bad that home life must be to annoy a stranger with.... nah it is drallin tho. I sat next to this broad in Latin class that one morning hit me with sum thing like my dad's a huge coke head. Peoples kids.
Whoa. Danger.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #880 on: July 20, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »
I was about to ask why many people on here seem pressed about polar jeans and then I remembered the average user age is like 30+

Edit: seems i touched a nerve with that kook hah :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 10:26:45 AM by baaaaaaguette »

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #881 on: July 20, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »
Skate moss ruined big boys for me. Seemed like she never took them off for weeks at a time, and from there on out I could only see them as skate moss gross baggy pants.
There are way better looking pants on the market
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:21:04 PM by Blueabyssofthisss »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #882 on: July 20, 2021, 11:46:21 AM »
Baggy pants and skinny pants can look good on the right people. If you can’t rock baggy pants you look like a dork, same goes for skinny pants. You gotta find what works for you and Polar big boys will never be it lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #883 on: July 20, 2021, 12:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they pretty much are a nostalgia brand at this point though. friggin keelan dadd didnt help either

The only unpopular part about this opinion is that the vast majority of people don't realize that Shortys is still in business.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #884 on: July 20, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
Baggy pants and skinny pants can look good on the right people. If you can’t rock baggy pants you look like a dork, same goes for skinny pants. You gotta find what works for you and Polar big boys will never be it lmao

I feel like baggy pants are popular partly because they can hide bad style. If youre wearing skinny jeans and your style sucks everyone can see, because we can see exactly where your legs are and where they bend etc. If youre wearing baggy jeans you can kinda get away with it by your legs just looking like theyre "somewhere above the board"

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #885 on: July 20, 2021, 02:24:33 PM »
All the doctors worldwide are deeply connected to the shoe business, to make sure there aren't too many high top shoes that protect ankles.
If you roll your ankle, they prescribe you a ankle brace and some pills and get some money from the pharma industry and Mister Aircast, the inventor of ankle braces.

This ones been debunked for a while.   The support hightops give is just mental

https://www.insidescience.org/news/high-tops-low-tops

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #886 on: July 20, 2021, 02:29:17 PM »
I know skating has always been this way with the trend phases in tricks and style, im also sure IG has something to do with it, ormaybe Im just getting old, but just about everything that comes out doesnt get me hyped or make me want to skate AT ALL.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #887 on: July 20, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
no i look like a cool Big Boy

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #888 on: July 20, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
I say this as a Ben Kadow fan: But strictly talking about what they do on a board, the difference between him and Andy Anderson is an extra push or two.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #889 on: July 20, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »
more of a memory thing i guess with shortys

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #890 on: July 20, 2021, 03:30:54 PM »
Cariuma isn't the coolest company, but I do appreciate how they embrace being environmentally conscious and sustainable - something every company should be doing. It doesn't seem like it's bullshit either.

https://cariuma.com/pages/about-us-sustainability

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #891 on: July 20, 2021, 04:06:22 PM »
I say this as a Ben Kadow fan: But strictly talking about what they do on a board, the difference between him and Andy Anderson is an extra push or two.

This is true about andy anderson and a lot of other skaters too. He's basically a Frog guy with no sense of humor
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2021, 04:51:21 PM »
Cariuma isn't the coolest company, but I do appreciate how they embrace being environmentally conscious and sustainable - something every company should be doing. It doesn't seem like it's bullshit either.

'cept they use leather...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #893 on: July 20, 2021, 05:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is true about andy anderson and a lot of other skaters too. He's basically a Frog guy with no sense of humor

Their sense of humor is so advanced that it’s post-humor.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #894 on: July 20, 2021, 05:06:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m not a vegan, or even a vegetarian; I’ll eat animals all day long, but am I to be made to believe that we, as a species, can land  probes on distant planets, but are incapable of developing a cost effective, durable alternative to leather for applications in footwear & fashion?!?
Shaking my meat eating head in disbelief at how lame we actually can be when we put our minds to not putting our minds to it.
I guess we’re going to treat the planet like our boards & ride it until it loses all pop & then hand it off to the next worthy species at the skatepark, spot, or local shop, yeah?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #895 on: July 20, 2021, 05:29:33 PM »
you’re the SF resident, just ask your neighbors what their plan is

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #896 on: July 20, 2021, 05:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

:'(Oh I didn’t notice that. Yeah, using leather is hypocritical due to how loads of climate change and global water shortages are due to the livestock industry (at least that’s what I learned in university back in the mid naughts). Hopefully they can switch up their material and they’ve made some positive change regardless.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2021, 07:02:29 PM »
you’re the SF resident, just ask your neighbors what their plan is
Okay. I asked them. My neighbors that is.
Mr. Yip’s command of english is limited enough that, even though I love having him next door, we weren’t able to go into it beyond some nodding & gestures that indicated to me that he too thinks we’re already pretty fucked.
Magdaleno & his wife Yolanda thought that, while we may be screwed in the long term, passing the shitty, used deck of a planet off to our children is probably short sighted. Magdaleno also wanted me to ask why it’s incumbent on me & my neighbors to come up with the solution when we’re just working class folks like most everybody else on these here bloards.
He also politely requested that I ask you if you had any ideas yourself, or if you planned on just sitting back & making snarky remarks about others based on their geographic locality.
Further, he wanted to know if you really expected a middle aged skateboarder, a building custodian & a retirement home van driver to have the solutions to the earth’s ecological crisis.
I explained to him that we were just funning around on SLAP & absolutely nobody would listen to my hypocritical suggestions anyways. He smiled & said he had changed his mind about you; that you were pretty funny after all & that he’d decided he actually DID like you, despite what he had said earlier.
We laughed & drank some beers together on my stoop after that. 
My neighbors are pretty shalom, but they’re not going to be helping out much on this one.
Sorry I couldn’t get any better ideas out of them.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #898 on: July 20, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »
i ain’t read all that but i’m guessing they told you to write a novel- lmk if that’s true

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #899 on: July 20, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »
i ain’t read all that but i’m guessing they told you to write a novel- lmk if that’s true
I feel you. Words can be so difficult sometimes.
Short answer: my neighbors got nothing for us go on.
Since they couldn’t help, it looks like we’re doomed.
Sorry we let you down.