Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118623 times)

Brguy

Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1050 on: August 29, 2021, 01:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Skating popularity should die, we don’t need any knockoffs (one wheel kook mobility scooters) or inclusion (rich kids or kook rappers buying their way in to the?scene) with outsiders.

Fuck the Olympics we’re outsiders and I’m glad to be one.
[close]

Agree.  There’s nothing worse than watching someone that had a happy, stable childhood and two nurturing parents start skating.  Get the fuck out, this is supposed to be for the weirdos.
It's hilarious how much this resonates.

lucascbn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #1051 on: August 30, 2021, 10:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
grind grabs r kool. some of them
[close]

I liked Herman’s nosegrind stalefish.
[close]

I could quote myself here from earlier today when I brought this up along with Baca’s two but I’m too lazy.

Smith grind tail grab is nuts.

fs smith seatbelt (?) is dope as fuck on bowls

somefucker

« Reply #1052 on: August 30, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
we need more gatekeeping.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1053 on: August 30, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I could quote myself here from earlier today when I brought this up along with Baca’s two but I’m too lazy.

[close]
saw that and swung it by here. nosegring and krook tailgrabs are my fav out of them. street grabs i like too. a nice fat indy
Grabs in general are sick, I used to love the Zero videos and Johny Layton because of them

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1054 on: August 30, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
the carroll line is overrated
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1055 on: August 30, 2021, 12:27:34 PM »
we need more gatekeeping.

sounds good, you’re cut dude

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • Get bent
« Reply #1056 on: August 30, 2021, 02:02:10 PM »

Woah….hot take
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1057 on: August 30, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »
Donda is trash

"Donda is amazing!!!1"
"donda is trash you all suck"

The reality is, donda has some very high highs and very low lows.
parroting another post, it is like kanye remembered how to make music again but is still manic depressive and traumatized
These are the first glimpses into a more genuine kanye that we have seen in awhile.
The album is feature heavy but everyone brings their A game because they get a chance to work with kanye and his production dream team.
We have cringe kanye singing, solid kanye singing, old kanye rapping verse, new kanye rapping verse etc etc.
Theme wise this album is all over the place, braggadocios, gospel choruses, street bangers, and solemn introspective belting from a broken man. I think he hits each of of these categories well, although would be stronger had he tried to commit to a more cohesive theme and a smaller scale. (although he did that on JIK and it sucked azz)

I give it a 6.5 out of ten. Is it all put together? negative. Do some of the moments fall flat? Yes.
The production is for the most part phenomenal as well as the features. I don't think there is a single feature out of place here. It (for me) didn't drag despite the lengty run time besides a few of the gospel moments that seem to bring memories of being in church as a kid waiting to get out for pizza day.
While it is the most genuine effort we have seen in a long time, it leaves us with the question, where do we go from here?

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1058 on: August 30, 2021, 02:31:12 PM »
***Except for that atrocious pop smoke trackt, the only justification is that it was a way for him to get some extra dough for Pop's estate.

Carrying on, I like the look of lakai riley 2s
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1059 on: August 30, 2021, 02:40:32 PM »
Nyjah bitching on instagram is soft although I don't believe it is unpopular

Dude has benefitted from scoring discrepancies for years, someone does a tre flip nose blunt or whatever the fook and he gets mad over a ful lcab flip to board?  live by da sword die by the sword jah

He would have scored higher if he had sleeves on.

okay really unpopular opinion time,
I liked darkstar's aesthetic.
I don't think the burden to purchase ethically sourced skate goods should fall on the consumer. Why is it my fault that Erik Ellington partnered with a chinese company that is potentially using muslim labor in their camps?
I don't think buying a pair of Ni-Lings Skate line will have an impact, although I would probably feel liek shit.
Shouldn't this burden be placed on their government and or companies by using sanctions, incentives etc?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #1060 on: August 30, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »

Dude has benefitted from scoring discrepancies for years, someone does a tre flip nose blunt or whatever the fook and he gets mad over a ful lcab flip to board?  live by da sword die by the sword jah

I don't think the burden to purchase ethically sourced skate goods should fall on the consumer. Why is it my fault that Erik Ellington partnered with a chinese company that is potentially using muslim labor in their camps?
I don't think buying a pair of Ni-Lings Skate line will have an impact, although I would probably feel liek shit.
Shouldn't this burden be placed on their government and or companies by using sanctions, incentives etc?

Are you high?

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1061 on: August 30, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
nope, although I did have too much coffee and am reaching high levels of anxiety

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -764
« Reply #1062 on: August 30, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »
nope, although I did have too much coffee and am reaching high levels of anxiety

The only reason I asked his the only time I have such a concentrated thought burst like that... Is when I'm high.

I suppose lots of coffee is the same thing
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1063 on: August 30, 2021, 02:59:44 PM »

I would disagree based solely on a functional level.  Changing policies to control where companies source their goods based on government intervention would be seen as governmental overreach and would likely never get passed. If it ever does get passed, it won’t be until the end of our lifetime very likely.  Maybe I’m being pessimistic on that timeline though.

Until the government does pass legislature controlling where items are sourced however, I think it can only fall to the consumers based on how our current system is set up.  The only thing holding companies accountable is their consumer base.  If sales go down because of one of their ethical decisions, they’ll be forced to change or risk going out of business.  Therefore in the current system, it is our duty to refuse to buy something if we disagree with the way that something is produced.  To continue to buy that product is to passively agree with how they operate and admit the issue doesn’t actually matter to you.  Unfortunately many people fall into this category.

Now then, does this current system suck? Absolutely.  If that’s what you meant then I wholeheartedly agree.  But for the foreseeable future I think the burden can only rest with us.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1064 on: August 30, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would disagree based solely on a functional level.  Changing policies to control where companies source their goods based on government intervention would be seen as governmental overreach and would likely never get passed. If it ever does get passed, it won’t be until the end of our lifetime very likely.  Maybe I’m being pessimistic on that timeline though.

Until the government does pass legislature controlling where items are sourced however, I think it can only fall to the consumers based on how our current system is set up.  The only thing holding companies accountable is their consumer base.  If sales go down because of one of their ethical decisions, they’ll be forced to change or risk going out of business.  Therefore in the current system, it is our duty to refuse to buy something if we disagree with the way that something is produced.  To continue to buy that product is to passively agree with how they operate and admit the issue doesn’t actually matter to you.  Unfortunately many people fall into this category.

Now then, does this current system suck? Absolutely.  If that’s what you meant then I wholeheartedly agree.  But for the foreseeable future I think the burden can only rest with us.

That makes sense. While I am frustrated with the burden being placed on me on an individual level, at least there is any sort of way to voice my opinion. Better than being forced to buy from a company that is ethically unsound.
I'm picturing a soylent green is people scenario except it is formula 4 or something

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1065 on: August 30, 2021, 04:12:58 PM »
Nah son those rhymes are bunk

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1066 on: August 30, 2021, 04:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Woah….hot take

will add berras backside flips too . everyone has a good bs flip
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

pro club blanks

« Reply #1067 on: August 30, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
Theres a severe lack of R&B in skate edits, shoutout april skateboards for at least trying with the mid 2000s ones

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1068 on: August 30, 2021, 07:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I love the one Marisa does in Strange World.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #1069 on: August 31, 2021, 04:46:31 PM »
Five Guys is better than In and Out

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #1070 on: August 31, 2021, 04:47:55 PM »
big texas cummer

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
« Reply #1071 on: August 31, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
skateboarding needs to purge the influence of people 35 and over on the industry

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1072 on: August 31, 2021, 08:14:18 PM »
five guys is like 7 dollars more than in n out, it should be better.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1073 on: August 31, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
five guys is like 7 dollars more than in n out, it should be better.

25 dollar American wagyu burgers available at swanky gastropubs are better than Five Guys
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1074 on: September 01, 2021, 02:48:07 AM »
only had 5 guys once. too oily. brought it home and the paper bag was soaked through the foil as well. tasted like pure grease and wasnt enjoyable

skateboarding needs to purge the influence of people 35 and over on the industry
mixed feelings about this. across the board it would turn into some candyass shitfest real fast. not that it kind of hasnt already. greco and borra supporting the likes of sk8goat and carioomas and such. at the end of the day it comes down to the integrity of each teacher. or some shit like that

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #1075 on: September 01, 2021, 03:06:26 AM »

That battalion video was heavy shit back in the day

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -289
« Reply #1076 on: September 01, 2021, 03:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That battalion video was heavy shit back in the day

It’s a worthy watch for Galieas part alone.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #1077 on: September 01, 2021, 06:00:41 AM »
only had 5 guys once. too oily. brought it home and the paper bag was soaked through the foil as well. tasted like pure grease and wasnt enjoyable

Expand Quote
[close]
mixed feelings about this. across the board it would turn into some candyass shitfest real fast. not that it kind of hasnt already. greco and borra supporting the likes of sk8goat and carioomas and such. at the end of the day it comes down to the integrity of each teacher. or some shit like that

Dude that peanut oil dripping through the bag is the lifeblood the fries need to survive.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1078 on: September 01, 2021, 07:06:21 AM »

Second to that. People say average citizens should save water, recycle and blah blah. Fair enough, but how about the big companies?

For instance, 70% of all the water used in the world goes to agriculture, 100 companies are responsible for 71% of all global emissions, O&G companies set the sea on fire and some hippie tells me I'm the one to blame for climate change because I didn't buy a vegan pair of shoes and don't commute by bike to work? Oh, come on.

Take Vale, for example. In the short space of 4 years, they had two major dam disasters - one killed nearly 300 people and the other released nearly 45 million cubic metres of pollutants. Pretty much nothing happenned to the company.

Of course, you should do your part, but focusing on us, instead of the big corporations, is silly.

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1079 on: September 01, 2021, 08:01:24 AM »
Jerry Hsu has shit style. The music in his bos part is what made him seem more appealing than he actually is. Watch his old parts, knocked knee and gross looking.