Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 210718 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4950 on: April 30, 2024, 12:18:55 PM »
How often do the skate warehouse site wide sales happen? Or is it not likely this year with that whole settlement?

They are definitely witholding sales. They usually have some promo for almost every holiday. The didn’t even do a season sale.

BUT!

They have had some pretty big warehouse sales at their physical location.

SupremePizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #4951 on: April 30, 2024, 12:38:35 PM »
Expand Quote
How often do the skate warehouse site wide sales happen? Or is it not likely this year with that whole settlement?
[close]

They are definitely witholding sales. They usually have some promo for almost every holiday. The didn’t even do a season sale.

BUT!

I had a feeling they were withholding. Was just hoping to combine a site wide sale with the settlement money I got

Dmng

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4952 on: April 30, 2024, 03:10:11 PM »
What shoes would you recommend that are stiff enough to protect the toes ?
I’ve had ishod 1, nyjah 2 than I find quite protective but I’ve  hurt my toe quite bad with puig indoor (purple big toe, not really painful after 1month now). The puig are super flex, sole and top that the shoe deforms a lot when falling in an awkward angle, in the micro for example.
Any NB/adidas/lrab? Or anything tbh. I guess it just needs to be stiffer than flip flops. I’m waiting for ASICS in Europe as well

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4953 on: April 30, 2024, 10:39:37 PM »
What shoes would you recommend that are stiff enough to protect the toes ?
I’ve had ishod 1, nyjah 2 than I find quite protective but I’ve  hurt my toe quite bad with puig indoor (purple big toe, not really painful after 1month now). The puig are super flex, sole and top that the shoe deforms a lot when falling in an awkward angle, in the micro for example.
Any NB/adidas/lrab? Or anything tbh. I guess it just needs to be stiffer than flip flops. I’m waiting for ASICS in Europe as well
808 is the answer
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dmng

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4954 on: May 01, 2024, 02:01:00 AM »
I’ll have a look if my locals have it! They seem massive tho :o

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #4955 on: May 01, 2024, 07:18:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

BUT!

[close]

I had a feeling they were withholding. Was just hoping to combine a site wide sale with the settlement money I got

I was too, but when I saw them posting about $25 shoes and $10 indys in their story, I knew they it wasn't gonna happen for a while.

Practice patience I guess.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4956 on: May 01, 2024, 03:23:37 PM »
I'm going for a bold move and going to try Vans or Last Resort vulcs. Simply bored of skating New Balance for the last two years, duo to their superiroity! Vans Old Skool or Last Resort VM001?

Can't speak to LRAB

But the Rowans (vulc) are the best Vans i've skated, like ever. Better protection, more padding, looks like all the best parts of Vans' lineup in one shoe, imo. Dab some super glue on the wave and stitching in the high wear areas and they last me for weeks and weeks. Just got my first pair of Rowan 2's (cup) and they are better in every way, minus boardfeel.

I do think you are going to have a negative and noticeable difference in quality and performance if you're coming off NB tho. Just my 2 cents.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4957 on: May 01, 2024, 03:47:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm going for a bold move and going to try Vans or Last Resort vulcs. Simply bored of skating New Balance for the last two years, duo to their superiroity! Vans Old Skool or Last Resort VM001?
[close]

Can't speak to LRAB

But the Rowans (vulc) are the best Vans i've skated, like ever. Better protection, more padding, looks like all the best parts of Vans' lineup in one shoe, imo. Dab some super glue on the wave and stitching in the high wear areas and they last me for weeks and weeks. Just got my first pair of Rowan 2's (cup) and they are better in every way, minus boardfeel.

I do think you are going to have a negative and noticeable difference in quality and performance if you're coming off NB tho. Just my 2 cents.

The Rowan2s break in REAL nice, but, by the time the sole really get's nice, it's for sure past the mid-life of the shoe.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4958 on: May 01, 2024, 03:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't speak to LRAB

[close]

The Rowan2s break in REAL nice, but, by the time the sole really get's nice, it's for sure past the mid-life of the shoe.

I've been noticing that too, even after only a couple sessions. They're definitely pricy, so I'm trying to not fully destroy them so I keep em around for a while. Just self-limiting my trick selection to preserve the upper as long as I can.

What part wore out for you the fastest?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #4959 on: May 02, 2024, 02:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has Frank Gerwer ever had a thrasher cover?
[close]

I looked and could only find a cover he had for Skateboarder and his name in text on a thrasher Nyjah cover
[close]

Yeah same. Crazy that he has been pro for ages and never got one. Like I don't think Jake would have blocked it but after hearing about Grosso you never know.
[close]

What about Grosso?
[close]
Jake wouldn't give him a cover, they had some beef or some shit
[close]

@5:00, from the horses mouth. Doesn't detail why, but says he "never will". Sorry to be dark, but it only took him passing away for Thrasher to award him that....

Appreciate it! Didn't expect this as Grosso was repping Thrasher pretty hard.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4960 on: May 02, 2024, 03:01:01 AM »
Where can you see PS Stix seriál number info?
Can find dims in a board
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #4961 on: May 02, 2024, 03:13:25 PM »
Where can you see PS Stix seriál number info?
Can find dims in a board

The professor said he keeps all the records, so he can look them up as needed, but there are no online or other resources where people can go find something like that for themselves.

As to the numbers themselves, on any of his boards there is a line that has this - PS SN XXXX (the specific run of boards) and then - XXX (the specific board in that run)

Eg   PS SN  038342 - 0012  which would be the 12th board in the specific run, that run being 38342

I don't know how willing he ever would be to look up any info, but you might find you get a reply with at least some info, if you were chasing a specific shape or something similar.

Hope that helps.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.