Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584817 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5880 on: January 12, 2023, 11:14:02 AM »
yeah but everyone would be so annoying

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5881 on: January 12, 2023, 11:20:02 AM »
Well everyone would know them so they wouldn’t even have to bring them up.  “Ad hominem” or “straw man” arguments would be as self-evident as 2x2=4.  And it would have a prophylactic function: if all these bullshit artists know everyone is armed with this basic debug info, they won’t even try their horseshit to start with.

Same way a mugger won’t go after someone they think is packing heat.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #5882 on: January 12, 2023, 01:56:31 PM »
Are emotions a better guide than reason when it comes to relationships?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #5883 on: January 12, 2023, 02:00:13 PM »
I just realized that I spend most of my spare time alone in parking lots, school yards and industrial sites.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5884 on: January 12, 2023, 08:51:39 PM »
Did anyone ever figure this out?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #5885 on: January 12, 2023, 10:27:21 PM »
I just realized that I spend most of my spare time alone in parking lots, school yards and industrial sites.

hey child stay wild

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #5886 on: January 15, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
Here's me being very out of touch with popular culture but what's actually good about Joe Rogan? Obvs I've still known who he was for a couple years but only ever saw the Trevor Moore, McAuley Culkin and tony hawk eps and just thought he was a dork who weirdly kinda doesn't understand comedy. Lately I keep getting his clips come up and it's the same shit. Seems like every joke goes over his head, he has no idea what anyone's talking about/ just tries to steer the convo to whatever bonehead shit he's thinking about

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #5887 on: January 15, 2023, 12:33:40 PM »
Are emotions a better guide than reason when it comes to relationships?

It depends, we need more context. Emotions can steer you in some crazy directions. Reasoning should come to a conclusion both are happy with.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5888 on: January 15, 2023, 05:55:13 PM »
So if one wanted to analogize the war in Ukraine with the beginning of World War I, which isn’t perfect, but basically Serbia and Russia of WWI would be today’s Russia; Austria-Hungary would be Ukraine and the US would be Germany, sort of co-signing and backing their response.  But I don’t think Biden and Kaiser Wilhelm II have similar motivations.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5889 on: January 15, 2023, 07:47:52 PM »
Here's me being very out of touch with popular culture but what's actually good about Joe Rogan? Obvs I've still known who he was for a couple years but only ever saw the Trevor Moore, McAuley Culkin and tony hawk eps and just thought he was a dork who weirdly kinda doesn't understand comedy. Lately I keep getting his clips come up and it's the same shit. Seems like every joke goes over his head, he has no idea what anyone's talking about/ just tries to steer the convo to whatever bonehead shit he's thinking about

He was a lot less insufferable pre-Covid.  He used to get really good guests, and never really claimed to be an expert on anything outside of combat sports.  He's sucked into the right wing conspiracy now and it's pretty obvious that he's a fucking moron.  I think the quality of the guests went down after he moved to Spotify, I've only bothered watching like 2 episodes in the last couple years.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #5890 on: January 15, 2023, 09:03:17 PM »
Hey Americans (and maybe Canadians) how did you grow up/ still eat dinner?
It was always weird to me on tv when on whatever show they'd just invite people to stay over for dinner without pre planning and then when they're eating the table is just covered in plates and bowls of food. Like just make a whole massive bowl of peas or each veg or cook multiple kilos of meat just for one meal.
Is this even real or just a tv thing?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #5891 on: January 17, 2023, 08:46:46 PM »
In Misled Youth during Jamie's hammer section, when he tailslides the big Arco rail, he lands it a tiny bit sketchy, but then lands it perfectly in the credits. I always wondered why they didn't use the perfect landing one in his actual part. For reference, the one in his part is as 17:01 and the credits one is at 29:09:

Irvine-Sucks.com

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5892 on: January 19, 2023, 10:58:16 AM »
How many people have testified in court while being really, really high?  That’s gotta be crazy.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5893 on: January 19, 2023, 11:50:53 AM »
How many people have testified in court while being really, really high?  That’s gotta be crazy.

Should be able to get rid of that tho. I would immediately ask my lawyer to request a drug test on the witness against me.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5894 on: January 21, 2023, 08:07:09 PM »
I’ve met several people in my life with two dads, but never met anyone with two moms?

Just googled it and ~23% of married lesbian households have children living w them (doesn’t say if adopted specifically) and only ~6% for married gay dudes

Little confusing but idk you guys had a friend with lesbian parents? Might just be small sample size on my end due to not a lot of friends

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5895 on: January 23, 2023, 08:34:41 AM »
i had a friend with lesbian parents, unrelated but he 86'd himself a couple years ago

kinda related - do media outlets have obituaries for high profile people pre-written in some huge file? some publications have full blown biographies within the hour which is kinda sus

idk i'm a cheeseburger

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #5896 on: January 23, 2023, 09:17:25 AM »
^^ yeah I guess idk where I sourced this but it's definitely a thing that they have some prepped and ready to go

Jebediah

• Rep: 115
« Reply #5897 on: January 25, 2023, 07:51:21 PM »
What the morning toilet bowl would look like if you had nothing but corn for dinner. Cornfetti every which way? Or a digested replica of a corn on the cob?

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5898 on: January 25, 2023, 08:55:23 PM »

I watched this in it's entirety during some down time at work last week.  It reminded me of the Johnny Depp trial.  Kim is clearly a BPD manipulative cunt who's the worse of two evils, but alot of Em's behavior is just straight up trashy.  I can't imagine how this shit would be received in modern times.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #5899 on: January 25, 2023, 10:34:33 PM »
It was always weird to me on tv when on whatever show they'd just invite people to stay over for dinner without pre planning and then when they're eating the table is just covered in plates and bowls of food. Like just make a whole massive bowl of peas or each veg or cook multiple kilos of meat just for one meal.

Just for tv. Even the most banal movies in the U.S. reflect some screenwriter's unconscious fantasies.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5900 on: January 26, 2023, 04:37:10 AM »
Has a crime been committed here?  If so, it’s as close to a victimless crime as has anything has ever been.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/zoo-keeper-licks-monkeys-butt_n_1475873/amp

alexander glownig

• Rep: -10
« Reply #5901 on: January 26, 2023, 10:10:01 PM »
i had a friend with lesbian parents, unrelated but he 86'd himself a couple years ago

kinda related - do media outlets have obituaries for high profile people pre-written in some huge file? some publications have full blown biographies within the hour which is kinda sus

idk i'm a cheeseburger
i believe some are written by the next of kin. if it's a public figure they likely raid their wiki page for highlights. also, obits usually come out close to a wk after death so it's not available the minute the body turns cold, it just seems that way.
i'm pondering who is this eliza bleu that is all over youtube. she's in rap videos from a while ago but claims to have been trafficked but the claims came during lockdown. people are calling bullshit. i'd never heard of her. what a nutty thing to fake!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5902 on: January 27, 2023, 12:13:09 PM »
I erased a two hour rant.

I'm going skating. I miss my niece and my nephews so badly.

I'm going to go to Boston rn and skate circles somewhere besides the park. It's been hard to park lately. I feel like out of place at the skatepark sometimes. If I do have fun I regret staying there all day thinking about what I could have done elsewhere.

If I had magnesium trucks I would never go to the park. I'm working on a truck that requires me to have a really smooth grinding ledge.

I been thinking about eggs a bunch lately and haven't been there since the beginning of Covid. It sucks it's so close to the skate park. The skate park is a trap.

Here's a video of me teaching the kids two years ago. I'm a failure this time. These are the first group of kids in the family who didn't stick with the skating yet.

At least the kids are punk. That's always automatic in this family tho.

(my heart my heart)

https://youtube.com/shorts/gfcKjbsB_4s?feature=share

(A)pl(E)

alexander glownig

• Rep: -10
« Reply #5903 on: January 27, 2023, 12:48:23 PM »

I'm going to go to Boston rn and skate circles somewhere besides the park. It's been hard to park lately. I feel like out of place at the skatepark sometimes. If I do have fun I regret staying there all day thinking about what I could have done elsewhere.

If I had magnesium trucks I would never go to the park. I'm working on a truck that requires me to have a really smooth grinding ledge.

I been thinking about eggs a bunch lately and haven't been there since the beginning of Covid. It sucks it's so close to the skate park. The skate park is a trap.

Here's a video of me teaching the kids two years ago. I'm a failure this time. These are the first group of kids in the family who didn't stick with the skating yet.

(my heart my heart)

do the eggs skaters accept you? or you just don't give a? i picture dapper rappers and not really punker style at the eggs. maybe it's accepting of the weird the bad and the ugly, just asking. i guess the one junkie kid who swims in the dirty water is kind of punk

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5904 on: January 27, 2023, 06:02:09 PM »
Expand Quote

(my heart my heart)

[close]
do the eggs skaters accept you? or you just don't give a? i picture dapper rappers and not really punker style at the eggs. maybe it's accepting of the weird the bad and the ugly, just asking. i guess the one junkie kid who swims in the dirty water is kind of punk

I get on with all of skating. Real recognizes real. Plus I worship with granite alter and give thanks to my patron saints Kalis and Stevie. I respect eggs
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #5905 on: January 28, 2023, 12:09:29 AM »
Never in my life did I think Lil Yachty would make the f greatest modern day album of my generation

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5906 on: January 30, 2023, 12:47:04 PM »
I get really pissed off when a couple of Venetian blinds get flipped the opposite direction as all the others.  And you can’t just leave them; it makes it look like a crackhead lives there.

It is kind of a miracle how they work though.  I’ve tried to figure it out before and gave up.  Above my level of intellect.  Mr. Venetian or whoever thought up how to string them up is a fucking genius.

JoseCansnake0

• Rep: -32
« Reply #5907 on: January 30, 2023, 01:00:18 PM »

If it wasn't a pre-planned meal, that just doesn't happen. If 6 people come over, they're all getting the same dish.

If we're talking Thanksgiving, then family style is definitely a thing. Lots of choices and options

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5908 on: January 31, 2023, 04:11:14 PM »
I can’t hold you, nowadays I don’t even wait for my thang to get hard before I start masturbating

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5909 on: January 31, 2023, 07:15:28 PM »
Being lost is like being trapped but just without the walls, man