Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 789760 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3270 on: May 14, 2021, 09:15:43 AM »
Is Grey day a thing?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3271 on: May 14, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
Is Grey day a thing?

haha it is! i think since like 2017/18 maybe??

rubbery vagina

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #3272 on: May 14, 2021, 09:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Diggin the 508's so far, having a much easier time breaking these in than 440s. Wish the toe cap was pointer like the 306. Overall though one of the best cupsoles I've tried from recent memory, likely sticking with these as my new go-to.
[close]

How wide are they compared to 440s?

They're roomier in the toe area just like the 440's - better if you have bunions or don't want your toes cramped. A 9.5 is normally snug for me but these are roomy in the toe area. The 508 sole provides better board feel than the 440s.

Hope we see some new colorways soon

Halfdeadanimal

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3273 on: May 14, 2021, 09:48:48 PM »
Hey Roth, I have this problem with my 508s where the insole just loves to move around inside the shoe, I guess I could get some aftermarket insoles and solve this, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. BTW absolutely love the shoe, it's become my go to shoe. Excited to see some new color ways soon.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3274 on: May 15, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
Hey Roth, I have this problem with my 508s where the insole just loves to move around inside the shoe, I guess I could get some aftermarket insoles and solve this, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. BTW absolutely love the shoe, it's become my go to shoe. Excited to see some new color ways soon.

this is happening a bit in my 1010s. but i had the same issue in other brands shoes. my main gripe about it is that it makes the shoe squeak. i usually fix this with some tape. either you tape up the inside so the insole sits tighter, or you could buy some tape that's a bit grippy so the insole doesn't move as much. i guess you don't want to straight up glue it to the shoe so you can switch out the insole intact. for me the empty space where the insole moves around is usually at the heel. and my first fix is to put a few layers of tape on the heelcorner where the sole meets the heelcup. i have also used griptape leftovers to have the insole sit on a more grippy surface with some success, but of course this will do a bit of damage to the insoles longterm.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3275 on: May 15, 2021, 06:15:32 AM »
Sent back my 1010’s. Went TTS and had to crank the laces down... knowing that suede stretches, I went with a half size down. Really hoping I don’t regret that. They felt amazing though, way too comfy for skate shoes.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3276 on: May 15, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »
Sent back my 1010’s. Went TTS and had to crank the laces down... knowing that suede stretches, I went with a half size down. Really hoping I don’t regret that. They felt amazing though, way too comfy for skate shoes.

So too wide? Have you tried the 379? If so how's the fit compared with them?

Halfdeadanimal

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3277 on: May 15, 2021, 09:44:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is happening a bit in my 1010s. but i had the same issue in other brands shoes. my main gripe about it is that it makes the shoe squeak. i usually fix this with some tape. either you tape up the inside so the insole sits tighter, or you could buy some tape that's a bit grippy so the insole doesn't move as much. i guess you don't want to straight up glue it to the shoe so you can switch out the insole intact. for me the empty space where the insole moves around is usually at the heel. and my first fix is to put a few layers of tape on the heelcorner where the sole meets the heelcup. i have also used griptape leftovers to have the insole sit on a more grippy surface with some success, but of course this will do a bit of damage to the insoles longterm.

Thanks I'll try that. I have a pair of the 1010s as well but I haven't experience the same issue with them.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #3278 on: May 15, 2021, 09:57:51 AM »
What surprised me about the Tiagos is they appear to have some substantial heel lock features, yet when I try them on I have to crank the laces and my heel still slips right out. They also feel like there's a giant lump in the footbed but I assume that's arch support (I'm flat footed). I will say they obviously hold up well because I saw a homie skating last night who destroys shoes and his barely look scathed. Normally his switch flip toe is a mess and these almost had no wear marks.

rubbery vagina

« Reply #3279 on: May 15, 2021, 10:33:37 AM »

Same thing happens to me, doesnt want to sit flat around the arch area. Def could use a better insole

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3280 on: May 15, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same thing happens to me, doesnt want to sit flat around the arch area. Def could use a better insole

Same here. Don’t have quality insoles to try really but I’d anyone finds a winner I’m all ears. Only thing i haven’t liked about the shoe and I don’t really notice, I just adjust them before/after a session

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3281 on: May 15, 2021, 06:16:18 PM »

I did.

Size 10 way to big
Sized down to a 9.5 and too small, but not due to length but apparently the height of the toebox, much too cramped.

Sucks, I really like the look and build of the shoe.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #3282 on: May 15, 2021, 07:35:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did.

Size 10 way to big
Sized down to a 9.5 and too small, but not due to length but apparently the height of the toebox, much too cramped.

Same situation. I’m 10 in most, got 10s after going back and forth on it. Next time I’ll try 9.5s. I can skate the shoes just fine, they feel loose but....I skate good in them and my feet don’t hurt, and strangely outsiders compliment them (not as important). I’ve got a weird foot shape, narrow heels. Mine are jogger laced, and I can still pull them off when fully tied.
As I’ve gotten older (and turned to dust and whinges), I’ve tried some different avenues for foot advice. Running store folks told me to size up, like 1-1.5 sizes in running shoes, let the feet have room. It feels pretty wrong in a skate shoe, but nothing bad has happened yet (I’ve basically just stopped trying to cram my feet into the narrowest/smallest shoes, but I don’t size up).
I’m all over the place here.
The 1010s are great and I recommend

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #3283 on: May 16, 2021, 06:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I did.

Size 10 way to big

[close]

Same situation. I’m 10 in most, got 10s after going back and forth on it. Next time I’ll try 9.5s. I can skate the shoes just fine, they feel loose but....I skate good in them and my feet don’t hurt, and strangely outsiders compliment them (not as important). I’ve got a weird foot shape, narrow heels. Mine are jogger laced, and I can still pull them off when fully tied.
As I’ve gotten older (and turned to dust and whinges), I’ve tried some different avenues for foot advice. Running store folks told me to size up, like 1-1.5 sizes in running shoes, let the feet have room. It feels pretty wrong in a skate shoe, but nothing bad has happened yet (I’ve basically just stopped trying to cram my feet into the narrowest/smallest shoes, but I don’t size up).

I wear a 9 in all other NB models, and have a size 9 pair of 1010's. It's a suede pair that had a lot of heel slip issues the first few sessions, but I just re-laced them with my foot inside the shoes so they were snug and it resolved the issue. Really looking forward to more colorways, the beef and broccoli was amazing but I'd love to see a black on black with hits of color, too.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #3284 on: May 16, 2021, 09:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I did.

Size 10 way to big

[close]

[close]

I wear a 9 in all other NB models, and have a size 9 pair of 1010's. It's a suede pair that had a lot of heel slip issues the first few sessions, but I just re-laced them with my foot inside the shoes so they were snug and it resolved the issue. Really looking forward to more colorways, the beef and broccoli was amazing but I'd love to see a black on black with hits of color, too.

I’m on the b&b’s and should have just bought 9.5 and 10. I feel like the 9.5s would have stretched out, eventually. The 10s have heel slip for me, and are laced tighter than I’d prefer for the looks, but, again, no foot pain, and they skate really well.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3285 on: May 16, 2021, 12:37:30 PM »

The first ones. *bites lip*

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1331
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3286 on: May 16, 2021, 01:42:51 PM »
Anyone know what the comfort level on those All Coast 574s are? I bought a pair of the regular 574s in the wrong size but they felt really nice. I could buy a pair again but in my size but if these guys are similar I'd like to give them a shot.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3287 on: May 16, 2021, 08:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s really hard to explain, I think a fellow poster mentioned it - heel slip and the toe box being too tall? It feels almost like it fits how a shoe would without an insole.
It’s also my first experience with NB#, so I regrettably can’t help you there.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #3288 on: May 16, 2021, 10:15:31 PM »
I agree that 1010s fit big, definitely wide. And the heel collar is lower than I’m used to, so it makes the heel slip feel worse than I think it actually is. I gotta choke the fuck out the laces.

With that said I still love em but would go down a half size next time. I want a 1010 mid.

Cthunderw

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3289 on: May 16, 2021, 10:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s really hard to explain, I think a fellow poster mentioned it - heel slip and the toe box being too tall? It feels almost like it fits how a shoe would without an insole.
I actually swapped in my insoles from a pair of 306s which are thin in the toes and thick in the heels and it pretty much solved that issue and overall upgraded the 1010 IMO.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #3290 on: May 16, 2021, 10:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I actually swapped in my insoles from a pair of 306s which are thin in the toes and thick in the heels and it pretty much solved that issue and overall upgraded the 1010 IMO.
i found the arch and heelcup on the insole made the shoe feel too narrow, I've swapped out for a flat ortholite insole from DC's on both my pairs, and now they're great. Oddly, the DC's are more comfy with the tiago insoles as well, so that worked out perfectly.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
« Reply #3291 on: May 17, 2021, 12:54:19 PM »

I just started wearing my first pair of 508's recently but I haven't skated them.  I've been skating only in the 440-Hi lately but eventually I will try these 508's.  So far I've just used them for walking in a few days but it does sound like there's others on here that have a similar footbed issue.  I'll let the design bros know about it for sure.  Thanks for the feedback. 

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #3292 on: May 19, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »
so should i size 508's the same as 440's?  1/2 down?

somewhat wide flat feets

rubbery vagina

« Reply #3293 on: May 19, 2021, 09:40:50 PM »

somewhat wide flat feets

1/2 down for sure

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #3294 on: May 19, 2021, 09:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote

somewhat wide flat feets
[close]

1/2 down for sure

thanks rv

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3295 on: May 19, 2021, 10:07:30 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3296 on: May 20, 2021, 12:52:03 AM »
Gimme a synth version of them joints!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3297 on: May 20, 2021, 01:30:48 AM »

+ 100000000 !

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
« Reply #3298 on: May 20, 2021, 10:49:25 AM »

Will put this note in the suggestion box for the designers...

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #3299 on: May 20, 2021, 11:20:01 AM »