Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 212800 times)

BartHarleyJarvis and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4980 on: Today at 11:51:26 AM »
Not all boards had super deep concave DMs at the time but I recall Elements in 1996-97 starting to be super fucking deep. I remember having a Reese Forbes Element that was basically vert ramp shaped. I thought it would make me kickflip better. Came off of Girl decks, which were flat. I do remember Aliens having steeper kicks and not super deep concave and skated those for a while because I learned switch heels on one. Then back to Girl/Choc and Tum Yeto were always fairly flat.

we always said element and AWS decks were the ones you wanted for the most pop and/or flipped the best due to the concave and kicks
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #4981 on: Today at 12:22:13 PM »
Was going through storage and pulled out some shoes from glory days past…

I know pals like to save their decks but does anyone else keep their favorite shoes that have been fully skated in.  I had some ipath cats thats were just used for work, washed them and they still look good to wear and skate.  Dont know if I should keep them in storage or display them

Dmng

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4982 on: Today at 01:14:43 PM »
Are 8.25 decks way lighter than 8.5 ? I’ve tried a couple of 8.25 and I’ve been very surprised about the light sensation / almost toy vs my 8.5

Or are girl decks heavy in general ?

From what I see on tactics, thunder hollow light have 3g difference between 8.25 and 8.5 so it can’t come from that ?

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -28
« Reply #4983 on: Today at 01:25:22 PM »
Are 8.25 decks way lighter than 8.5 ? I’ve tried a couple of 8.25 and I’ve been very surprised about the light sensation / almost toy vs my 8.5

Or are girl decks heavy in general ?

From what I see on tactics, thunder hollow light have 3g difference between 8.25 and 8.5 so it can’t come from that ?
Assuming that the .25 is taken off the middle of a 32" board, you would have 8 less square inches of 7 ply wood. I'm guessing that would be the reason, also assuming that all other aspects remain constant(i.e. factory so same wood and glue, same shape)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #4984 on: Today at 02:01:07 PM »
pros that left thunder, venture or ace?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4985 on: Today at 02:36:14 PM »
Was going through storage and pulled out some shoes from glory days past…

I know pals like to save their decks but does anyone else keep their favorite shoes that have been fully skated in.  I had some ipath cats thats were just used for work, washed them and they still look good to wear and skate.  Dont know if I should keep them in storage or display them

Get your most shredded pair bronzed like a baby shoe