Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720032 times)

jtrpma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • PMA
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2550 on: April 16, 2020, 08:07:46 PM »
three years-ish...
Skated a few other sets in the meantime but they are still best.
Went from 58 and are now between 54 and 52, all wheels different sizes, coned out and all shit, still feels better than fresh classics and my stfs

PMA

Saint Coke

« Reply #2551 on: April 16, 2020, 10:03:00 PM »
three years-ish...
Went from 58 and are now between 54 and 52, all wheels different sizes, coned out and all shit, still feels better than fresh classics and my stfs
post pics?

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2552 on: April 16, 2020, 10:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote
three years-ish...
[close]
post pics?

That is fairly recent like a month or two old. I kept rotating them and flipping whenever setting up a new deck.

PMA

Saint Coke

« Reply #2553 on: April 16, 2020, 11:45:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
three years-ish...
[close]
post pics?
[close]

That is fairly recent like a month or two old. I kept rotating them and flipping whenever setting up a new deck.
So nice thanks!

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2554 on: April 17, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
Is it my imagination or are newer batches of F4's less of a light natural color and more outright tan?  Just got a set of F4 classics and they look weathered as fuck -- not that it matters in the end.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:54:20 AM by FredGallsBallz »

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2555 on: April 17, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
Is it my imagination or are newer batches of F4's less of a light natural color an more outright tan?  Just got a set of F4 classics and they look weathered as fuck -- not that it matters in the end.

It's not just you.  I just got a set from my local from the re-up batch DLX sent the shops after "the shortage" and they are the darkest ones I have had yet.  Skate exactly the same though.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #2556 on: April 17, 2020, 04:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Is it my imagination or are newer batches of F4's less of a light natural color an more outright tan?  Just got a set of F4 classics and they look weathered as fuck -- not that it matters in the end.
[close]

It's not just you.  I just got a set from my local from the re-up batch DLX sent the shops after "the shortage" and they are the darkest ones I have had yet.  Skate exactly the same though.

I think I also noticed that slightly

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2557 on: April 17, 2020, 06:04:14 PM »
I actually remember my first few sets I had when they first came out all those years back being a lot more of a darker tan color and then over time as the years passed they got lighter and lighter.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #2558 on: April 17, 2020, 06:28:14 PM »
Just chiming in to say that yes, the hype is deserved. The first couple of sessions on my conical full F4s have been great, they're super smooth and fast on the concrete I ride.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2559 on: April 17, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
I actually remember my first few sets I had when they first came out all those years back being a lot more of a darker tan color and then over time as the years passed they got lighter and lighter.

Think they are back to dark again. The more off white the better IMO...

Saint Coke

« Reply #2560 on: April 17, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Think they are back to dark again. The more off white the better IMO...
I think a 53 classic with the orange and white is A1

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2561 on: April 18, 2020, 01:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
53 conical full or tablets? looking for a smoother ride on nyc crust but it's hard to tell the difference just by the measurements spitfire provides
[close]
Conical fulls. Width helps smooth out crust.
Idk how crusty NYC is but 53-54mm is for smooth-ish ground to me. My homie out there rocked 53's but he probably skipped on extra crusty spots. 55-57mm for real crust?
[close]

Meh, biggest thing I've skated for years is 54mm. I live in PA and there's next to nothing that's actually smooth here. I've said it in another thread but I got 54mm pennswood winter tires. They're cruiser wheels(so really soft) taken through a lathe to make them smaller. They've become great for a real crusty spot. Otherwise, I go 53 or under and don't really have much of a problem. The wider the wheel the better though.
If my feet vibrating to the point where they feel numb I start wanting bigger wheels. Maybe I'm just a wimp? I'm usually in classics tho so wider should help. I gotta go wheel hunting..

shop had the 53 conical fulls in 99a. wanted to try the 101a but would rather put money into the shop instead of shopping online, especially in these times. neckface graphic.

took them for a spin to get some grip in the contact patch and holy fuck they go. the hill nearby my apartment is twice as fast on these spits compared to my mini juices. the usual shit in the street that would try to pitch and kill me was not a problem. as it stands, i might have to get a pair in 56mm for the cruiser and just never ride softies again
After riding some really, really wider conicals this is my plan too.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2562 on: April 18, 2020, 08:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
53 conical full or tablets? looking for a smoother ride on nyc crust but it's hard to tell the difference just by the measurements spitfire provides
[close]
Conical fulls. Width helps smooth out crust.
Idk how crusty NYC is but 53-54mm is for smooth-ish ground to me. My homie out there rocked 53's but he probably skipped on extra crusty spots. 55-57mm for real crust?
[close]

Meh, biggest thing I've skated for years is 54mm. I live in PA and there's next to nothing that's actually smooth here. I've said it in another thread but I got 54mm pennswood winter tires. They're cruiser wheels(so really soft) taken through a lathe to make them smaller. They've become great for a real crusty spot. Otherwise, I go 53 or under and don't really have much of a problem. The wider the wheel the better though.
[close]
If my feet vibrating to the point where they feel numb I start wanting bigger wheels. Maybe I'm just a wimp? I'm usually in classics tho so wider should help. I gotta go wheel hunting..

Expand Quote
shop had the 53 conical fulls in 99a. wanted to try the 101a but would rather put money into the shop instead of shopping online, especially in these times. neckface graphic.

took them for a spin to get some grip in the contact patch and holy fuck they go. the hill nearby my apartment is twice as fast on these spits compared to my mini juices. the usual shit in the street that would try to pitch and kill me was not a problem. as it stands, i might have to get a pair in 56mm for the cruiser and just never ride softies again
[close]
After riding some really, really wider conicals this is my plan too.
i felt the same way. was trying to run radial slims from 52 down to 44mm and i quit at 48. was tired of explaining why i didnt want to skate certain crusty spots and got conical full 53s. these shits roll over anything i swear. can see why people ride the 58s as cruiser wheels, they are much faster than my mini super juice at 55mm 78a
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Juanjo789

« Reply #2563 on: April 21, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »
what f4 shape is this

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2564 on: April 21, 2020, 02:11:54 AM »
Lock-ins?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2565 on: April 21, 2020, 05:40:32 AM »
what f4 shape is this
Looks like a radial to me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Juanjo789

« Reply #2566 on: April 21, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
Expand Quote
what f4 shape is this
[close]
the oskis i has werent as wide, i guess these are bigger

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #2567 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »
Loving my 53 101 Tablets so far. Skinny enough for easy flips and locking into grinds while having a wide enough contact patch to handle some decent crust

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2568 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what f4 shape is this
[close]
[close]
the oskis i has werent as wide, i guess these are bigger
Oskis, the one with the shirt graphic, are concial. I remember other ones with h a dragon that are radial.
Maybe he ones on the photo you showed are 56mm hence wider. Again, I'm not 100% sure if those are radial, is just my guessing.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FakieDisaster

• old leg
« Reply #2569 on: April 22, 2020, 02:56:02 AM »
i guess i am not the only one out of 100+ pages in this, but just want to confirm, may i conclude that the blue ones are 99du & the red/orange? ones are 101du? ohwait, theres green as well

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2570 on: April 22, 2020, 05:07:41 AM »
i guess i am not the only one out of 100+ pages in this, but just want to confirm, may i conclude that the blue ones are 99du & the red/orange? ones are 101du? ohwait, theres green as well
They usually are labeled near the inner ring of the wheel but yes, blues are usually 99 and red 101. But just read the core if its labeled.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2571 on: April 22, 2020, 04:39:15 PM »
This may sound newby but what wheel feels best for flip tricks?

giantbeardedone

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2572 on: April 22, 2020, 04:49:33 PM »
For anyone who's ridden both conical full and tablets, do they handle roughish ground the same? they have almost identical contact patch (21.5mm conicals vs 21mm tablet) so theoretically they should ride the same but tablets are lighter so should be easier to flip?

Hoping someone who's ridden both can hook me up with some info. Thanks.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2573 on: April 22, 2020, 08:19:45 PM »

Skateboard wheels.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2574 on: April 22, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
Round ones are good.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2575 on: April 22, 2020, 09:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
fuck off

Saint Coke

« Reply #2576 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
[close]
Round ones are good.
I hope your wife/gf gives birth to a millipede and you have to spend the rest of your days slaving away to buy it shoes

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2577 on: April 22, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
[close]
fuck off
I just got some 52mm classics to put on my set up instead of the 53mm conical fulls I had been running. Clearly I have not been keeping up with this thread as that seems to be against the general consensus. I got the classics solely because I think they might flip a little better and all I'm doing these days is skating flat in front of my apartment.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2578 on: April 22, 2020, 09:49:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
[close]
fuck off
[close]
I just got some 52mm classics to put on my set up instead of the 53mm conical fulls I had been running. Clearly I have not been keeping up with this thread as that seems to be against the general consensus. I got the classics solely because I think they might flip a little better and all I'm doing these days is skating flat in front of my apartment.
Been thinking about skating classics, 101 53's. Or maybe 51 101 radial slims/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2579 on: April 23, 2020, 04:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboard wheels.
[close]
fuck off
[close]
hows the difference in feel? Rolling and also flipping?