Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 44927 times)

PlugSkullcandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 89
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2023, 05:48:53 PM »
New map and skate as a ninja turtle, free update tomorrow
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvX5TWBJRtv/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Seems like players want more quality of life updates and they get Ninja Turtles skins haha. I read a bit about the game and seems like some of the creators of the studio left ? Maybe since Nacon put some money they got less freedom ? I don’t know, but I’m having some fun with this shit :

still a bit “floaty” but the powerslide mechanic is cool

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #571 on: August 01, 2023, 07:16:22 AM »
Sounds like they included some minor gameplay updates and they do have some new developers on the team with plans to continue updating.

Long vid posted but he starts with flip trick physics especially updating the ability to rocket flip your tricks more and less "rubber banding" when it came to the board staying with the skater.  I also never noticed audio for flat spots but that's a feature you can turn on and off now

New map is first accessed by Madison Park bus stop, he shows at about 15 minutes in

Pudd

• Rep: 4
« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2023, 09:28:31 AM »
for anyone wondering where the new sewer map is located just load in at One Police/ Murray School and turn around and its right on the ground in front of the blue building
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 09:39:04 AM by Pudd »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #573 on: August 01, 2023, 10:46:57 AM »
Those fixes seem to work, and now I can even do low pop ollies again when yesterday they were always pressure heels (that might have been due to the scoop settings though).

That TMNT stuff is very wack, the art style makes it even worse, but it's whatever, it can't be easy to keep developing a game when you don't have any monetization mechanics to keep the money coming in. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind a skateboard game selling seasonal drops from real brands as DLCs, but maybe there's mods out there already that would negate that?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #574 on: August 01, 2023, 11:18:22 AM »
for me the biggest thing is the maps. i havent played much in the last year because i dont feel like playing on my pc and the 4-5 maps just got old. the mod community at the time i switched from pc to playstation had dozens of maps. maybe they could add a "user created' thing for consoles and they can approve maps getting added.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #575 on: August 01, 2023, 02:08:48 PM »
Flip tricks into crooks/nosegrinds/manuals are so much better now with the flip trick adjustments. Back wheels used to always hit first.

I think with new developers on and them being able to do a deal with TMNT for some payment, we should be on track for more future updates. Either way hyped to see them not let the game die unlike SkaterXL

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2023, 09:55:40 PM »
I like the TMNT park some stuff is pretty flowy. the developers probably made a nice chunk of change too which hopefully they can make more maps or hire more staff
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2023, 03:53:01 AM »
Yeah branded advertising monetisation for free content is sick. Whatever keeps the lights on. I’ll still support all the DLC too as long as it keeps inching closer to being fully realised. They kinda shit the bed at the end but i hold out hope its getting there.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2023, 03:54:34 PM »
Flip tricks into crooks/nosegrinds/manuals are so much better now with the flip trick adjustments. Back wheels used to always hit first.

I think with new developers on and them being able to do a deal with TMNT for some payment, we should be on track for more future updates. Either way hyped to see them not let the game die unlike SkaterXL

I initially thought XL had more promise - after digging into the deep settings of Session it's a much more enjoyable experience from a skate simulation perspective anyway.
But they really did abandon Skater XL quickly. I lost all hope for any updates a long time ago.

More maps- and free! is welcome and I certainly don't begrudge them getting a cash infusion with a crossover, but I don't see myself spending a lot of time at the sewer spot.
I would happily pay for another city map or additional famous spots rather than the more fantastical / novelty or themed options of TMNT Sewers and a Waterpark.
Can anyone on console vouch for either of the 2 current paid DLCs that offer maps? Are they worth the £10? The skatepark one that isn't the water park seems the most interesting. Even if I do want that fucking Cobra character model / missions.

Map Ideas:
- Barcelona
- London / UK general spot amalgamation
- Stuff like Stoner park or other modern plazas

They could even get creative with branding or crossovers if not homages and do things like a Dying to Live map with tons of big rails + gaps permanently at night or dusk.

I cannot stop tinkering with the gameplay settings. The new updates (at least on PS4) have improved the animations but have left me feeling totally useless at flatground regular (or switch) tre flips. Seems to be more scope for natural, varied looking flip tricks in general though.

I've got a good couple of trophies left to get (smith+feeble grinds, Manny S stupid 180 5050 mission, then doing sponsored>pro with manual catch) and just turned off the casual grinds. Sooooo much more fun!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: August 15, 2023, 07:38:34 AM »
Those fixes seem to work, and now I can even do low pop ollies again when yesterday they were always pressure heels (that might have been due to the scoop settings though).

That TMNT stuff is very wack, the art style makes it even worse, but it's whatever, it can't be easy to keep developing a game when you don't have any monetization mechanics to keep the money coming in. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind a skateboard game selling seasonal drops from real brands as DLCs, but maybe there's mods out there already that would negate that?

This is what i'm hoping they do alongside skate history specific spot content.  I bought the water park just to support them and to have something to mess around with, but man it fuckin sucks.  Can't even ride up the dumb slides transitions as the game can't handle it.  If they do another paid gimmick DLC before a real place again though, fuck em.  And Chris Cole?  The team obviously have huge love for a specific 2000s era of skating that I kinda hate, hope they align with some more modern brands.  If they're gonna make a simulator, make it shit that skaters actually like or that has come current relevance.  The roster is mostly cornballs.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2023, 06:25:49 PM »
Hi gang.
Long time slapper first time poster in here.
I see the game is on sale for $30 deluxe edition.
Is this still worth buying and better than skater XL?
I know the thread is on page 20  :o but was curious.

THX

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: August 24, 2023, 12:17:51 AM »
Hi gang.
Long time slapper first time poster in here.
I see the game is on sale for $30 deluxe edition.
Is this still worth buying and better than skater XL?
I know the thread is on page 20  :o but was curious.

THX
I was fine playing Skater XL on PS, but after I got Session on PC and got into it, Skater XL feels pretty shitty. I'm not even on any mods and minimal tweaks in the settings so I imagine I would have a similar experience with Session on console as well.

The controls are (if you so choose) more complex in Session which makes it very challenging, some times frustrating, but I enjoy that and don't really want to dumb it down either. Except for the manual catch, had to turn that off because I was just doing double flips by default.

Yesterday I was trying for a while to do a heelflip noseslide on a picnic table on top of a pyramid and had trouble locking in. Then I remembered that in the new update they made it so you can tweak your flick to rocket or boned out by angling the flick of the joystick, so I adjusted my flicking motion and locked in perfectly because the I caught the board in a better angle. This is just an anecdote of what the experience is for me in Session, you can judge for yourself if that sounds appealing or not :D

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #582 on: August 24, 2023, 02:55:10 AM »
I have both - SXL and session on PC - equal time spent in both: 81 hours.

Since session came out full, I haven't touched SXL. Since I want a skateboarding sim, I go with session. For an arcade with sim elements I can take the SXL. In session I need to work for the tricks and lines. In SXL it just comes too easy and I get bored fast.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #583 on: August 24, 2023, 04:23:57 AM »
Snag it if it's on sale. There are still a lot of issues with the game but it's infinitely more satisfying to me than XL. Also, the fact that they didn't just give up on it and are apparently trying to further improve and develop the game is worth noting. The only thing XL has on it really is better (not great) transition skating and the ability to grab your board.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #584 on: August 24, 2023, 09:24:33 AM »
Snag it if it's on sale. There are still a lot of issues with the game but it's infinitely more satisfying to me than XL. Also, the fact that they didn't just give up on it and are apparently trying to further improve and develop the game is worth noting. The only thing XL has on it really is better (not great) transition skating and the ability to grab your board.
Yeah in truth there are a lot of bugs like sometimes my guy will just randomly get tossed into the stratosphere, and I dont love how he just faceplants whenever his shoulder or heel slightly brushes against a wall or car or whatever. Not having grabs is weird as well and I'm not sure if I just haven't figured out the lip tricks yet or if they just don't work at all.

Mostly these don't get in the way of my enjoyment, but also it doesn't really feel like a finished product yet.

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2023, 03:15:19 PM »

new edit I made, I made a mod to do no complys and wallies which has kept the game somewhat fresh but they really need to add some new stuff soon

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2023, 01:16:18 AM »
I don't usually watch skate video game edits but that was pretty cool! How do you get barhops, wallies and no complies in the game??? PM me mod links?!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #587 on: September 19, 2023, 06:47:34 AM »
I don't know that I have ever played a game that made my fingers feel so dumb.  It is finally starting to make sense and I am able to flow a little but I will still miss rails or ledges over and over.  Really enjoying it though

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #588 on: September 19, 2023, 10:36:44 AM »
I don't know that I have ever played a game that made my fingers feel so dumb.  It is finally starting to make sense and I am able to flow a little but I will still miss rails or ledges over and over.  Really enjoying it though

I'm 100+ hours in and I still miss ledges and rails somewhat regularly lol. Careful selection and fine tuning of respawn points makes a huge difference!

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2023, 10:41:35 AM »
Yeah I'm still hyped when I get a trick or line first try or even remotely close.

They recently teased a new map on their IG, just a singular rail/stair set but overall had a nice look to it. Hope it drops soon

ssbsminotti

• Rep: -8
« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2023, 05:14:32 AM »
Unfortunally the developers said they will be moving away from making recreations of real spots. And apparently the 3rd animator quit/got canned so they are no closer to fixing/implementing goofy stance. A new issue with goofy stance is that the feet float above the board on ollies. Which makes the game unplayable for me. 🤷‍♂️

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2023, 07:23:03 AM »
Unfortunally the developers said they will be moving away from making recreations of real spots. And apparently the 3rd animator quit/got canned so they are no closer to fixing/implementing goofy stance. A new issue with goofy stance is that the feet float above the board on ollies. Which makes the game unplayable for me. 🤷‍♂️

What weird shit do they have goin on that they can't get or keep animators?  Shits cursed.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: October 04, 2023, 06:31:21 AM »
How do you get the Creature Hanger and Peitruss park?  I got the Ninja Turtle download but that is all I have on the 4th page of maps.  I am on PS5

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2023, 07:17:04 AM »
damn this is devo to hear. this is the main reason why i started to play session more that skate and is really one of the big things they had over the skate. franchise, us realistic players wanting to play at real life spots
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: October 04, 2023, 10:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
damn this is devo to hear. this is the main reason why i started to play session more that skate and is really one of the big things they had over the skate. franchise, us realistic players wanting to play at real life spots

They've made comments on IG when people ask and supposedly it's a huge task to get all necessary approvals on a legal side to have real spots. Guess there's a lot more to it beyond just recreating the spot and releasing it unlike creating their own original stuff.  Hope they continue grow as a team and eventually get a chance to give us new cities but yeah not gonna hold my breath for anytime soon

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #595 on: October 04, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They've made comments on IG when people ask and supposedly it's a huge task to get all necessary approvals on a legal side to have real spots. Guess there's a lot more to it beyond just recreating the spot and releasing it unlike creating their own original stuff.  Hope they continue grow as a team and eventually get a chance to give us new cities but yeah not gonna hold my breath for anytime soon

That's a bummer. I suppose it's up to the modding community now

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

FactoryMinimum

« Reply #596 on: October 04, 2023, 05:30:36 PM »
How do you get the Creature Hanger and Peitruss park?  I got the Ninja Turtle download but that is all I have on the 4th page of maps.  I am on PS5
It’s paid dlc

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2023, 05:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s paid dlc

ahhh thanks, we have them here at work on playstation but we do have playstation plus of some sort. 

WPG

« Reply #598 on: October 06, 2023, 08:07:25 AM »
Is the spot that Dill walked down the stairs in Photosynthesis in this game? I haven't noticed it but never thought about it til today
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: October 06, 2023, 11:08:16 AM »
Is the spot that Dill walked down the stairs in Photosynthesis in this game? I haven't noticed it but never thought about it til today

Nah