Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224606 times)

Sexy Alf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2011, 09:55:44 PM »
The Preds were out of their element tonight, don't know if they're going to be able to handle the pressure.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
Canucks have a tendency to crack under pressure, we played a great game tonight, but it's the playoffs...if the predators had gotten one late, we'd be shitting our pants....

Canucks over Preds 6
San Jose over Detroit 7

Caps over Tampa 6
Bruins over Philly 5

Sexy Alf

• so damn sexy
« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
I'm gonna say,

Canucks over Preds  5
Detroit over SJ  7

Caps over Tampa  6
Philly over Boston  6

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #933 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »
I wanted the Canucks to lose so bad.

My ex-girl just moved to vancouver.
So I didn't and don't want anyone in that city having even a little bit of a good time.

Sexy Alf

• so damn sexy
« Reply #934 on: April 29, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=29208.msg1436416#msg1436416 date=1304057512
I wanted the Canucks to lose so bad.

My ex-girl just moved to vancouver.
So I didn't and don't want anyone in that city having even a little bit of a good time.

Yeah, and unfortunately they would've won by more if it wasn't for Rinne's work in goal.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #935 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:56 AM »
tampa over caps in 6.
Yeah, that's right I said it....big woop wanna fight about it?
tricks are for kids , style is forever

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #936 on: April 30, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
I didn't get to see the Caps lose last night.  What did they do wrong?
lucky goal, power play goal empty net goal

Foamie

• Rep: 2
    • ON DA TRACK avatar image
« Reply #937 on: May 01, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
Looks like TBL is really taking advantage of the Caps few mistakes made...

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #938 on: May 02, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
red wings aren't looking too hot

drunkinjunt

• Rep: -3
« Reply #939 on: May 03, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
Its amazing to see anybody outbully the Flyers. Charas didn't even bend any to check Briere and hit him right in the face. Got a phoney call from it too.
Personally its cathartic seeing how the Flyers took out half of our Sabres with some dirty plays. Fuck em up Bruins!!!!!!!

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
Fucking Caps man...
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
Fucking Caps man...

Shiiit errybody here was like 'yeah man, they're gonna choke, it sucks' and I was all 'naw man, we got a chance'. Fuck.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

Foamie

« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
Fucking Caps man...

Things aren't looking so well for them... I thought for sure they were gonna take that series too, ain't over till it's over though I suppose.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
How bad was that dude singing the national anthem at the tb caps game? made me lol. Loving the tampa domination btw. I totally forgot what an amazing team they have.

Foamie

« Reply #944 on: May 04, 2011, 06:25:53 AM »
How bad was that dude singing the national anthem at the tb caps game? made me lol. Loving the tampa domination btw. I totally forgot what an amazing team they have.

Dude Stamkos is killing it. On another note the Bruins are just shy of 0 for 30 on power play goals, amazes me how they can win games with that kinda shit happening.

Foamie

« Reply #945 on: May 04, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Gotta keep the faith though... Ovetjkin is about to go ham on the TBL, wouldn't mind seeing that.

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
« Reply #946 on: May 04, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
Fucking Caps man...
First of the Fallen
2nd Rnd'r

Pro Baby Yeah!

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #947 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
bruce just got outcoach again 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #948 on: May 04, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »
the caps tried to be better defensively all year but it's not so easy in the playoffs...their goalie sucks too....I don't think changing the coach will do much....

how many games has philly played just one goalie?

drunkinjunt

« Reply #949 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:33 AM »
None in the playoffs, they shouldve stayed with Bobrovsky from the start I feel. He seems like the best goalie for them who got taken out on the first game of their series with the Sabres for letting 3 by I think.
Boucher is just off lots of times though, he looks like a lazy ape swatting flies most times.
Leighton is not bad either they should let him get some more shine.
Tim Thomas on the other hand  :o

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #950 on: May 05, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »
tampa bay looks like a force to be reckoned with, boston vs tampa should be a good series

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #951 on: May 05, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
the caps tried to be better defensively all year but it's not so easy in the playoffs...their goalie sucks too....I don't think changing the coach will do much....

how many games has philly played just one goalie?
the caps have the talent to win the cup year after year. Guy Boucher was constantly adapting his line as the play was going on.
meanwhile bruce was just there, doing jack shit, treating the player like superstar. when Backstrom and Semin clearly needed a kick in the ass.

EDIT: ovy can't win the game by himself...taking 20 shot per game.... its the coach job to bring the team together.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:29:19 AM by vince the stud »

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #952 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
None in the playoffs, they shouldve stayed with Bobrovsky from the start I feel. He seems like the best goalie for them who got taken out on the first game of their series with the Sabres for letting 3 by I think.
Boucher is just off lots of times though, he looks like a lazy ape swatting flies most times.

i can't believe philly started boucher last night. i wanted boston to win, so it was welcomed, but surprising all the same.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #953 on: May 05, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
Thomas is a beast, and LOL @ washington. Does anyone else get as pissed off as I do when I see OV fall to his back twice in one play?

drunkinjunt

« Reply #954 on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i can't believe philly started boucher last night. i wanted boston to win, so it was welcomed, but surprising all the same.
Boucher has scuffed up the stick racks a bunch of times, Bobrovsky on the other hand made one of the coolest looking saves ever last night. Not to mention it was a second after they put him in too. Id guess some sort of favoritism with the players and crowd goes into who they choose as their primary? They go through practice with Boucher probably.

As cool as OV and the Caps are I feel like hes trying to pull an MJ really hard and carry the weight of the entire team. Hes someone who seems like he doesn't play as strategically but more for the highlight reel.

Also I became sort of fond of the Preds lately, Pekka Rinne is playing way too good! Anybody else want them to take out the Cnucks???

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #955 on: May 05, 2011, 12:49:55 PM »
Can't believe Caps are out. I hope B?ckstr?m take the trip to Slovakia.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Foamie

« Reply #956 on: May 05, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Boucher has scuffed up the stick racks a bunch of times, Bobrovsky on the other hand made one of the coolest looking saves ever last night. Not to mention it was a second after they put him in too. Id guess some sort of favoritism with the players and crowd goes into who they choose as their primary? They go through practice with Boucher probably.

As cool as OV and the Caps are I feel like hes trying to pull an MJ really hard and carry the weight of the entire team. Hes someone who seems like he doesn't play as strategically but more for the highlight reel.

Also I became sort of fond of the Preds lately, Pekka Rinne is playing way too good! Anybody else want them to take out the Cnucks???

That I would love to see. But then what I'd like to see more is the Sharks taking the Pred's out.

drunkinjunt

« Reply #957 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That I would love to see. But then what I'd like to see more is the Sharks taking the Pred's out.
Damn didn't even think about that, this is the Preds rite of passage... facing all the most retartedly amazing teams after finally winning their first playoff series.

Foamie

« Reply #958 on: May 05, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
I can't get into this Preds / Canucks series... Both teams just don't really catch my attention. Nashville's gotta work there way up to get my acceptance I guess, I'm really not sure.

drunkinjunt

« Reply #959 on: May 05, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
I look at it both ways though, if their not playing so well atleast Pekka Rinne will make some mindboggling saves. :P
The Canucks seem like real jocks though, especially Kesler whos always talking shit to the goalie for no reason.
Can't deny their skills but Im not exactly for the Canucks.