Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224604 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1620 on: May 21, 2013, 04:59:43 AM »
Lundqvist gets my vote, he is consistently good every season, you see a lot of guys, come and go with hot years here and there, he's always just solid.

thugnificent

« Reply #1621 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:20 AM »
I agree.  The Hawks were deflated for at least the second half, but it should have been 2-3.  There was no interference on that second goal.  Like, it sucks they lost, but I'm more pissed for the lack of penalties called against the Red Wings and that goal taken away than anything else.

nah the goal shouldn't have counted, the rule book clearly states you cant impede a goalies movement in the their crease, doesnt matter if you actually touch them or not

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1622 on: May 23, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
Detroit are putting on a fucking clinic this year. Babcock is just straight out-coaching everyone. 1 shot on 3 powerplays for Chicago? Crazy.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1623 on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
So the Avs hire Patrick Roy as their head coach. I'm excited to see what changes the Avs can do with Sakic at the helm and Roy as coach. Apparently Adam Foote is going to be brought on staff as well. Might as well bring in Forsberg and Bourque while they're at it, unreal.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1624 on: May 23, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Go Pens.

I hate Boston LA and SJ

Ideal cup final for me would be Wings-Pens

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1625 on: May 24, 2013, 04:52:00 AM »
how about them wings? wow.
i hate the bruins rangers series, ever game is soo fucking boring and I hate both teams
I would rather see Pens v hawks cup series,  good passing, fast skating and high scoring.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #1626 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:38 AM »
So the Avs hire Patrick Roy as their head coach. I'm excited to see what changes the Avs can do with Sakic at the helm and Roy as coach. Apparently Adam Foote is going to be brought on staff as well. Might as well bring in Forsberg and Bourque while they're at it, unreal.

Might be more exciting seeing Roy fail miserably......I bet Keane will be in the mix there too....

Pens/wings was pretty good last time.....

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1627 on: May 26, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »

Nick..

« Reply #1628 on: May 26, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Might be more exciting seeing Roy fail miserably......I bet Keane will be in the mix there too....

We shall see, but anything is better than Sacco as a head coach.

Anyhow, I hope the Pens sweep the Bruins, fuck that team, and EA Sports for this bullshit they're putting in NHL 14.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1629 on: May 26, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
We shall see, but anything is better than Sacco as a head coach.

Anyhow, I hope the Pens sweep the Bruins, fuck that team, and EA Sports for this bullshit they're putting in NHL 14.

I'm actually pretty excited about what they have going on for next years game. I might as well start an NHL 14 thread right now, if there isn't already one

Nick..

« Reply #1630 on: May 26, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
All I know is that the graphics are going to be slightly better, there is going to be a new fighting engine and bugs from 13 are going to be fixed hopefully.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1631 on: May 26, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
All I know is that the graphics are going to be slightly better, there is going to be a new fighting engine and bugs from 13 are going to be fixed hopefully.

One touch dekes are gonna be big too - will make the game way more interesting

thugnificent

« Reply #1632 on: June 04, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
so when does next season start?

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #1633 on: June 04, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
I hate Marchand when he plays against the Leafs, but I loved it when he blasted past that goon Cooke, scored, and then beamed him instead of celebrating. I was loling so much at that game last night. I hope Boston sweeps them and then loses to Chicago. I know too many annoying Pens fans, it would be great to see them embarrassed.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1634 on: June 04, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
I hate Marchand when he plays against the Leafs, but I loved it when he blasted past that goon Cooke, scored, and then beamed him instead of celebrating. I was loling so much at that game last night. I hope Boston sweeps them and then loses to Chicago. I know too many annoying Pens fans, it would be great to see them embarrassed.

I wonder which goaltender will get the start tomorrow - Bruins seem to have no problem putting the puck past them.  :D

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1635 on: June 04, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder which goaltender will get the start tomorrow - Bruins seem to have no problem putting the puck past them.  :D

I know, they got them both dialed. Maybe put Crosby in? He hasn't been scoring and is good at stopping the puck with his face?

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1636 on: June 04, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Despicable performance from Fleury. Pressure, lack of confidence, or terrible positioning?

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1637 on: June 04, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »

Exactly how I feel. I've never like anything Marchand has done until yesterday. I'm kind of shocked I want the Bruins to win that one, but the heart wants what it wants. Hopefully Chicago hoists.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1638 on: June 05, 2013, 07:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly how I feel. I've never like anything Marchand has done until yesterday. I'm kind of shocked I want the Bruins to win that one, but the heart wants what it wants. Hopefully Chicago hoists.

Yup. Boston in 4 over Pittsburg, and then a fast and hard 7 game final with Chicago winning, in a perfect world.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1639 on: June 05, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
hopefully Pittsburgh gets swept and they become hella desperate and show interest in luongo

don't care who wins, Chicago, Boston or LA
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

raunchyrick

« Reply #1640 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Pittsburgh in 4, then Bruins slay another original 6 team and hoist the cup.

thugnificent

« Reply #1641 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »
hopefully Pittsburgh gets swept and they become hella desperate and show interest in luongo

you are out of your mind

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1642 on: June 05, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
Still hoping for the Pens to turn it around but they played like dog shit in game 2, the whole team. poor passing, a lot of giveaways, falldown defense and a lot of frustration. 2 goalies who weren't on point didn't help either. Game 1 pucks just weren't dropping and they weren't at the top of their game, but game 2 was just embarrassing. I got two buddies that are Boston fans and couldn't be happier they were out of town for that one so I didn't have to watch the game with them.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1643 on: June 05, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you are out of your mind

Its not too huge a stretch, send Fleury back the other way to try and balance the salary. Clearly Vokoun and Fleury are not going to get it done.

I just dont want the Canucks to buy out Luongo, what a shit storm that would be

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1644 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you are out of your mind
as frisco demonstrated, most of us Canucks fans are. it's all we got, longshore and fucked up 'what ifs'. we're doomed, lemme dream
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

thugnificent

« Reply #1645 on: June 05, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you are out of your mind
[close]

Its not too huge a stretch, send Fleury back the other way to try and balance the salary. Clearly Vokoun and Fleury are not going to get it done.

I just dont want the Canucks to buy out Luongo, what a shit storm that would be

so then you'd have to pay fleury 5 mill to be schneiders back up

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1646 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
the teams going to be a shitstorm next year.

I am still devastated by the Kassian-Hodgson trade

As long as Gillis stays GM I doubt any big moves will go down.

Either way we're going to have to take back salary and a shitty contract from another team who we trade Luongo to. I would honestly rather see Luongo to the Pens as he has the best chance to win a cup there

Nick..

« Reply #1647 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I don't think I could handle hearing about Luongo all summer... again. Anyhow, draft day should be interesting since all 7 rounds are going to be on one day.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1648 on: June 05, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »
Interested to see what Colorado does. They pretty much can't go wrong.

I would take Mackinnion over Jones personally. Especially after the Memorial Cup Final last week. I just have a feeling Jones could be  Tyler Meyers/Victor Hedman type pick, they haven't really panned out. Obviously different play styles but honestly, who would you rather have on your team right now Victor Hedman or Matt Duchene?

Regardless of who they take they are getting a solid player, even Drouin who is the most underrated of the 3 will be a stud.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1649 on: June 07, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »
Hopefully Tuukka and the gang can take out the trash tonight with a sweep!