Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224613 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2310 on: May 25, 2016, 09:13:27 PM »
I'm pretty fucking stoked right now.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2311 on: May 25, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
Sharks earned it, they finally figured out playoff hockey. Regular season means nothing on the ice it's a totally different game.

I hope Tampa can bounce back tomorrow but Pitt/ SJ might be a better series...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2312 on: May 26, 2016, 06:34:43 AM »
Stoked to find out that SJ won, not only because I dislike the Blues, but it's always cool to see a new team get a chance at the Cup.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2313 on: May 26, 2016, 09:41:19 PM »
Tampa had an unreal season but now it's PITT VS SJ in the Stanley Cup Finals! Penguins are a lock to win Sharks can't keep up with their speed

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #2314 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:45 PM »
You got it flipped....Sharks are deadly.....I wouldn't want to freewheel against these guys....they played their game all the way through and it's worked....Jones is the most consistent goalie of the playoffs and doing it super quietly....just can they keep it up?  ..

Stoked to see them in it.....goes to show you how close everything is....not much of a different team from last year....

Eric ricks

« Reply #2315 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:02 PM »
I wish kessel stayed in toronto.

Now im rooting on pitts just to see him win a ring and laugh at all the to fans that said he was fat and useless

And I hope reimer gets a big contract too just to say fuck you toronto

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2316 on: May 27, 2016, 06:13:20 AM »
I'd be happy either way since both of these teams would be different Cup winners, but I'm pulling for SJ since it would be their first one.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #2317 on: May 27, 2016, 06:24:11 AM »
Hockey is for faggots and jocks.

Wake up people.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2318 on: May 27, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »

Now im rooting on pitts just to see him win a ring and laugh at all the to fans that said he was fat and useless

It's clear the only way kessel produces is when he's around good players.....so.....that was never going to happen in Toronto....

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #2319 on: May 27, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
You got it flipped....Sharks are deadly.....I wouldn't want to freewheel against these guys....they played their game all the way through and it's worked....Jones is the most consistent goalie of the playoffs and doing it super quietly....just can they keep it up?  ..

Stoked to see them in it.....goes to show you how close everything is....not much of a different team from last year....

Yeah, Sharks are no joke. I'm hoping the Pens can get them off their game, but it's not going to be an easy series by any means.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2320 on: May 30, 2016, 02:01:29 PM »

Why? Reimer was just a backup with injury and consistency issues. If he was in the Leafs future plans, they wouldn't have sold him off for essentially a 4th (now 3rd) round pick from two years from now. Reimer will get a big contact in free agency, only because the goaltending market is weak, given the other best UFA goalie available is Cam Ward.

It's clear the only way kessel produces is when he's around good players.....so.....that was never going to happen in Toronto....

Because the talent gap between Bonino-Hagelin and Bozak-JVR is really significant  ::). Kessel's an unreal player, but evidently he can't be the best forward on your team if you the team to succeed. Kessel's a perfect fit in Pittsburgh; doesn't have to be the best player on the team nor does he have to be in the spotlight. Sullivan's system has worked wonders for Pittsburgh's roster as a whole. Couldn't be happier that Kessel is getting the respect he deserves.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:04:40 PM by Nick.. »

Tracer

« Reply #2321 on: May 30, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »
Penguins gonna beat that ass

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2322 on: May 30, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why? Reimer was just a backup with injury and consistency issues. If he was in the Leafs future plans, they wouldn't have sold him off for essentially a 4th (now 3rd) round pick from two years from now. Reimer will get a big contact in free agency, only because the goaltending market is weak, given the other best UFA goalie available is Cam Ward.

Expand Quote

[close]

Because the talent gap between Bonino-Hagelin and Bozak-JVR is really significant  ::). Kessel's an unreal player, but evidently he can't be the best forward on your team if you the team to succeed. Kessel's a perfect fit in Pittsburgh; doesn't have to be the best player on the team nor does he have to be in the spotlight. Sullivan's system has worked wonders for Pittsburgh's roster as a whole. Couldn't be happier that Kessel is getting the respect he deserves.

Exactly.....its the rest of the roster and the expectations.......

Reimer ain't getting a big contact man.....he just isn't.....he may get A contact....but pretty much no goalie is worth a big contract....look who was in the final 4....

Tracer

« Reply #2323 on: June 02, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »

Nick..

« Reply #2324 on: June 08, 2016, 06:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Reimer ain't getting a big contact man.....he just isn't.....he may get A contact....but pretty much no goalie is worth a big contract....look who was in the final 4....

Reimer is the best goalie available in free agency. The best players within the free market always get overpaid for their services, it's nothing new. Given Calgary and Carolina need a goalie, as does Dallas if they could dump one of Lehtonen or Niemi, there will be competition for his services. Money talks, and Reimer will get it.

Tracer

« Reply #2325 on: June 08, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Reimer is the best goalie available in free agency. The best players within the free market always get overpaid for their services, it's nothing new. Given Calgary and Carolina need a goalie, as does Dallas if they could dump one of Lehtonen or Niemi, there will be competition for his services. Money talks, and Reimer will get it.

Nick..

« Reply #2326 on: June 08, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ward is 4 years older and Reimer has put up better numbers playing with the fucking Leafs.

https://www.nhl.com/player/cam-ward-8470320

https://www.nhl.com/player/james-reimer-8473503

Tracer

« Reply #2327 on: June 08, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
That's all true but Reimer hasn't been any teams starting goalie long enough. Ward has a cup and is totally solid, anything can happen with fukkin JAmes Reimer lmao

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2328 on: June 08, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »
No ones gonna sign a goalie to a BIG contract.....Tukka Rask....that's a big contract....Reimers 28...Ward is 32..they ain't getting better...how much would you pay these guys.....who's in the finals? 

If Reimer never played in TO....no one would know...or care.....

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2329 on: June 08, 2016, 05:55:35 PM »
No ones gonna sign a goalie to a BIG contract.....Tukka Rask....that's a big contract....Reimers 28...Ward is 32..they ain't getting better...how much would you pay these guys.....who's in the finals? 

If Reimer never played in TO....no one would know...or care.....

Fleury will be the best goalie available after this season.

straight

« Reply #2330 on: June 10, 2016, 07:40:36 AM »
RIP Gordie Howe

Nick..

« Reply #2331 on: June 10, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »
That's all true but Reimer hasn't been any teams starting goalie long enough. Ward has a cup and is totally solid, anything can happen with fukkin JAmes Reimer lmao

What Ward did a decade ago as a rookie is basically irrelevant given he's put up incredibly average numbers since. Despite the lack of games played, Reimer is the better goalie right now. The NHL is a "what have you done for me lately league?" as evident by coaches like Hartley getting fired a year removed after winning the Jack Adams.

Tracer

« Reply #2332 on: June 10, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
RIP Gordie Howe
GOAT he even has his own hattrick= goal, assist and fight all in one game. True legend! Saskatoon has their flags at half mast today in honor. Hockey is a huge fucking deal in Canada because of players like Howe... Cup is going back to Cali I hope we get game 7 in Penn

Nick... you want reliability in a goalie... Putting up above average goalies for a team like Caro will be highly sought after

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: June 10, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What Ward did a decade ago as a rookie is basically irrelevant given he's put up incredibly average numbers since. Despite the lack of games played, Reimer is the better goalie right now. The NHL is a "what have you done for me lately league?" as evident by coaches like Hartley getting fired a year removed after winning the Jack Adams.

I wouldnt argue with tracer for many reasons but also because he said tampa bay made crosby look like an ahler during that series on this very page

Tracer

« Reply #2334 on: June 10, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
Toronto fans still think they're getting Stamkos so fuck off ya dreamers

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2335 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:59 PM »

What does that have to do with anything?

Tracer

« Reply #2336 on: June 10, 2016, 07:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone who even considers Reimer as a top flight goalie is a Leafs fan, so that.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2337 on: June 10, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Anyone who even considers Reimer as a top flight goalie is a Leafs fan, so that.

Can't believe I'm going against my own advice and taking the bait but Reimer had better numbers on the worst team in the nhl this year than ward did. Ward is 4 years older and the canes had a decent young team this season, definitely better than Toronto who was again the worst team in hockey. Unless I missed something no one called Reimer a top flight goal tender but besides fleury he's probably a teams best option at a goalie acquisition in the off season. and I'm definitely not a leafs fan I'm just not stupid.

Also Crosby had 3 gwg's in that Tampa bay series but you are totally right he looked like an ahler

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2338 on: June 10, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »
RIP Gordie Howe

Legends live forever. RIP.

Tracer

« Reply #2339 on: June 10, 2016, 09:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Can't believe I'm going against my own advice and taking the bait but Reimer had better numbers on the worst team in the nhl this year than ward did. Ward is 4 years older and the canes had a decent young team this season, definitely better than Toronto who was again the worst team in hockey. Unless I missed something no one called Reimer a top flight goal tender but besides fleury he's probably a teams best option at a goalie acquisition in the off season. and I'm definitely not a leafs fan I'm just not stupid.

Also Crosby had 3 gwg's in that Tampa bay series but you are totally right he looked like an ahler

Ward's career>Reimers career

Which do you pick?