Author Topic: Moose Day in the Life  (Read 14762 times)

WhoCareZ

Re: Moose Day in the Life
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2023, 07:42:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who the hell is this guy?
[close]

Went pro for deathwish like a decade ago and got kicked off shortly after cause he wouldn’t leave his Oxnard bubble to be with the team in LA.
[close]

You know what the sad thing about this is? After watching this video, I went and watched recommended YT where he did an interview with John Hill a couple months back.

He mentioned he had a really toxic girlfriend at the time. How much you wanna bet he didn't want to leave Oxnard due to that?

So many dudes pass up big opportunities because of a girl they meet when they are teenagers. I have a friend who gave up a football scholarship because he didn't want to leave his girl behind. They broke up within a year.

“Bitches gon’ be bitches so I can’t blame Tammy” -Lil Wayne

scab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2023, 08:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Went pro for deathwish like a decade ago and got kicked off shortly after cause he wouldn’t leave his Oxnard bubble to be with the team in LA.
[close]

You know what the sad thing about this is? After watching this video, I went and watched recommended YT where he did an interview with John Hill a couple months back.

He mentioned he had a really toxic girlfriend at the time. How much you wanna bet he didn't want to leave Oxnard due to that?

So many dudes pass up big opportunities because of a girl they meet when they are teenagers. I have a friend who gave up a football scholarship because he didn't want to leave his girl behind. They broke up within a year.

I'm sure your YT algorithm is providing you with plenty of men's rights activism already, no need to bring that bullshit here.

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2023, 08:34:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm sure your YT algorithm is providing you with plenty of men's rights activism already, no need to bring that bullshit here.

It's not BS. Go watch the video I mentioned. He clearly states he wasn't in a good spot and was in a very toxic relationship. If you really never  met a dude who thought he met the love of his life during his teenage years and made some stupid choices because of it, you're full of shit. Women do this as well, and probably even more often.

Not everything is a political statement. Get out of your bubble. Sounds like it's your YT algorithm that needs a bit of a check.

EDIT:

FYI: here is what my YT front page looks like lmao https://imageupload.io/ib/jjNZKLJy428mLx5_1694014882.png
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 08:44:00 AM by Kaezan »

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2023, 10:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's not BS. Go watch the video I mentioned. He clearly states he wasn't in a good spot and was in a very toxic relationship. If you really never  met a dude who thought he met the love of his life during his teenage years and made some stupid choices because of it, you're full of shit. Women do this as well, and probably even more often.

Not everything is a political statement. Get out of your bubble. Sounds like it's your YT algorithm that needs a bit of a check.

EDIT:

FYI: here is what my YT front page looks like lmao https://imageupload.io/ib/jjNZKLJy428mLx5_1694014882.png

you got some really weird youtube startpage going on there.....

manysnakes

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2023, 10:15:06 AM »
It's not as if the behavior described here is exclusive to men. Toxic, co-dependent relationships span genders and sexual orientations.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2023, 01:17:36 AM »
It's not as if the behavior described here is exclusive to men. Toxic, co-dependent relationships span genders and sexual orientations.

Thanks, that's exactly my point.

@Kaezan I reacted to your blanket statement that so many dudes pass up big opportunities because of a girl (substantiated by one single personal anecdote, of course).

So many dudes pass up big opportunities because of a girl they meet when they are teenagers. I have a friend who gave up a football scholarship because he didn't want to leave his girl behind.

Tell me again how I'm not supposed to read any misogynistic undertones into that message?

Bill Salt

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2023, 02:39:54 AM »
I thought a Pro was supposed to make a living out of skating.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2023, 03:53:29 AM »

It should be. But truth is, it’s not the norm for everybody - dunno how the distribution between pros, who can live off skating to pro, who can’t, is

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2023, 04:09:39 AM »
it’s certainly a Mystery

Bill Salt

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2023, 04:34:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It should be. But truth is, it’s not the norm for everybody - dunno how the distribution between pros, who can live off skating to pro, who can’t, is
true.I really like that dude.Always nice and fun to watch.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2023, 04:40:24 AM »
Anyone ever tried a water-based smoothie? Is it as horrible as I currently imagine it to be?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2023, 04:47:32 AM »
Anyone ever tried a water-based smoothie? Is it as horrible as I currently imagine it to be?
Nope.

But I reading your Zane Timpson signature always makes me happy - just to bring some positivity to this depressing thread.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2023, 10:27:02 AM »
Most likely not gonna watch this but all these comments are hilarious and tell me all I need to know about it.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2023, 10:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope.

But I reading your Zane Timpson signature always makes me happy - just to bring some positivity to this depressing thread.

Appreciate it man! I started skating later than most people on here and Earth Goblin was the first full-length I ever saw. That video and his skating made me fall in love with skating, as I wasn't into the flip trick hyper-focus that most people from my old scene were. As an insecure beginner that could no-comply before I could ollie, seeing him do one on a handrail absolutely blew my mind. That era of Heroin, before the egg-craze completely blew up, is currently unbeaten by any brand in my eyes.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2023, 11:37:29 AM »
Had a job at home depot for 1 month, shit sucked hard, props to moose for doing that job after skating all day. 

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2023, 02:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope.

[close]

Appreciate it man! I started skating later than most people on here and Earth Goblin was the first full-length I ever saw. That video and his skating made me fall in love with skating, as I wasn't into the flip trick hyper-focus that most people from my old scene were. As an insecure beginner that could no-comply before I could ollie, seeing him do one on a handrail absolutely blew my mind. That era of Heroin, before the egg-craze completely blew up, is currently unbeaten by any brand in my eyes.

Absolutely love that part. Zane really was something special. Watching his parts always makes me smile

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2023, 09:17:50 PM »
Had a job at home depot for 1 month, shit sucked hard, props to moose for doing that job after skating all day.

he doesn't really do anything with his life though

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2023, 09:26:32 PM »
the people in this thread are bigger losers than moose, how are so many of you scandalized by a smoothie with water, you can make a smoothie with anything dawg

6ix9ine

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2023, 09:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can definitely imagine Moose being the type of guy to call his 15 year old gf 'toxic'

6ix9ine

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2023, 09:36:03 PM »
the people in this thread are bigger losers than moose, how are so many of you scandalized by a smoothie with water, you can make a smoothie with anything dawg

It lacks taste

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2023, 09:48:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let's see your death wish video part... oh wait...

WhoCareZ

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2023, 10:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’d be cool if there was a scenario in his video that showed him thinking critically at least once to reflect that he’s 33 years old, but his day in the life is equivalent to a 17-year old’s minus the need to go to school

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1977
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2023, 01:43:33 AM »

Gave PJ Ladd a run for his money at BATB way back.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2023, 04:52:47 AM »

Gave PJ Ladd a run for his money at BATB way back.

Woah that was insane
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -102
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2023, 06:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’d be cool if there was a scenario in his video that showed him thinking critically at least once to reflect that he’s 33 years old, but his day in the life is equivalent to a 17-year old’s minus the need to go to school

Written like a true moron. You’re gonna wake up in 2 weeks and be 50 years old.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2023, 06:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The biggest problem with pursuing a career in skateboarding is that they have no transferable skills once their time is up. Most get stuck in a weird manbaby phase at 30-34 that they would’ve been at in 22-25 if they just sucked at skating.

But, I do think older people look at stuff like this and downplay how ridiculous the cost of living has become. If Moose is working full time at a hardware store and street skating on the side (after what, a 12 year run), he should be able to afford his own spot. He’s living like a 17 year old because that’s what he can afford. Thats an economy issue just as much as a personal issue.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 07:32:44 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

WhoCareZ

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2023, 07:44:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The biggest problem with pursuing a career in skateboarding is that they have no transferable skills once their time is up. Most get stuck in a weird manbaby phase at 30-34 that they would’ve been at in 22-25 if they just sucked at skating.

But, I do think older people look at stuff like this and downplay how ridiculous the cost of living has become. If Moose is working full time at a hardware store and street skating on the side (after what, a 12 year run), he should be able to afford his own spot. He’s living like a 17 year old because that’s what he can afford. Thats an economy issue just as much as a personal issue.

Dudes like Moose need mentors to get them ready for life post skating. Willing to bet even when he was a pro he wasn’t making good enough money to rationalize skateboarding will be a long term financial endeavor. Would like to hear what he thinks about his own 5-year plan.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2023, 07:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

reminds me of the "do people outside of skateboarding know you skate" thread.   Not many of us with day jobs are excited about sharing the fact we skate to co workers or other older aged people

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2023, 11:57:22 AM »
Bro is living a stable life with some skating on the side somewhat and would wash the majority of people on this forum clip for clip. If lukewarm smoothies is the worst part of this video for you then get therapy.

... what's up with this Curren Caples thing though? That's new info. 👀

6ix9ine

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2023, 12:55:39 PM »
Bro is living a stable life with some skating on the side somewhat and would wash the majority of people on this forum clip for clip. If lukewarm smoothies is the worst part of this video for you then get therapy.

... what's up with this Curren Caples thing though? That's new info. 👀

The dude was trying to hit on curren's underage sister over Instagram and curren called him out and then moose talked some shit back to him. That's the jist of it anyway. I don't think there any more to it. Shortly after that he was kicked off deathwish.