Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 211224 times)

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4920 on: April 23, 2024, 04:28:41 AM »
Not shoes and gear related, but I figured I’d ask here.

Can someone confirm Dick Rizzo’s five parts from 2023? I asked in a previous thread shortly before New Years and didn’t get a reply, but some recent article I read said he had five parts and I only counted four: Huf, Bronze, This is a Window, and maybe that short Simulation one. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1331
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4921 on: April 23, 2024, 11:10:49 AM »
Not shoes and gear related, but I figured I’d ask here.

Can someone confirm Dick Rizzo’s five parts from 2023? I asked in a previous thread shortly before New Years and didn’t get a reply, but some recent article I read said he had five parts and I only counted four: Huf, Bronze, This is a Window, and maybe that short Simulation one. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

4th @dickrizzo part in 6 months! This one via @jeffcecere’s great new video, “This Is A Window” #linkinbio

Are we sure it's 5? Maybe counting Keepsake?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4922 on: April 23, 2024, 03:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Am I bugging or did deck prices just take a 10$ USD jump? I’m seeing averages near 75$ in a few places for ye olden popsicle standards.
[close]

Been that why for a while now….sale / clearance in the $55-65 range
[close]

Its gotten to the point where i almost exclusively buy decks during black friday now

Yeah specials and sales can really help to keep things going for the average skater in the last year, with the small but very noticeable rise in wholesale prices, which then means a significant increase at the retail end.

Everything in general has been going up in the last short while, some places more so than others, or even some drops, so some shops sitting on old stock might not have put prices up, but others with new stock at new higher wholesale prices would have put things up a bit more, at least from what I have seen here in AU as well.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
« Reply #4923 on: April 24, 2024, 06:17:00 AM »
going to buy new wheels next month, i wanted the 93 spitfires but i think i'm gonna hold those off because they've only been out for a month and i'm not sure if they last or not (the 97s don't)

i'm looking at the ville wester 58mm classics and the big beatdowns 60mm classics. i ride venture 5.8s, everything solid, cast baseplate and shit, no risers. i did 58s before and i can work with that. is there a huge difference in feel between the 58s and 60s? i never had wheels bigger than 58mm before but 58s feel good and i kinda want to try and go bigger. i don't really care about wheelbite but i guess that's something to consider too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:28:59 PM by roba »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #4924 on: April 24, 2024, 07:48:49 AM »
Anyone hear have the Converse Pro Leather Vulcs? Are they TTS?

https://www.tactics.com/a/e0n4/2/2.webp

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4925 on: April 24, 2024, 09:24:54 AM »
going to buy new wheels next month, i wanted the 93 spitfires but i think i'm gonna hold those off because they've been out in a month and i'm not sure if they last or not (the 97s don't)

i'm looking at the ville wester 58mm classics and the big beatdowns 60mm classics. i ride venture 5.8s, everything solid, cast baseplate and shit, no risers. i did 58s before and i can work with that. is there a huge difference in feel between the 58s and 60s? i never had wheels bigger than 58mm before but 58s feel good and i kinda want to try and go bigger. i don't really care about wheelbite but i guess that's something to consider too.

You will have one extra mm from the truck axle to the ground (and one closer to the board) so it is not a huge difference there, just a bit, but in skateboarding even a single mm can be a big difference to some people.

The width however is a fair bit more, 58 mm Classics being 35.2 wide with an 18 mm riding patch, whereas the 60 mm wheels are almost in big boy territory at 38.5 mm wide with a 22.5 mm riding surface.

Some people have said they thought the 60 mm size was actually Classic Full which they almost are, so sure they are a bit wider all round, but not too crazy to be like the FULL listed wheels, especially Radial Full wheels, but in looking at the wheels on a board, they sit well over the axle nuts and in a few mm as well, compared to the 58 mm Classics.

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/spring24/05-sf-sp24-d1.jpg

Barbados Slim

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4926 on: April 25, 2024, 01:20:34 AM »
Is anyone able to confirm if the Frog 8.38 is the same shape as the Krooked Manderson 8.38? The dims match up and I don’t know of any other bbs shapes that do. Eyeballing some pictures they look similar with the fuller shape but hard to tell.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4927 on: April 25, 2024, 01:54:35 AM »
Is anyone able to confirm if the Frog 8.38 is the same shape as the Krooked Manderson 8.38? The dims match up and I don’t know of any other bbs shapes that do. Eyeballing some pictures they look similar with the fuller shape but hard to tell.

I could be wrong but I thought the Frog board was 14.38 wheelbase and not quite so squared off, but from looking online I see a few places have it as 14.38 and a few as 14.25 wheelbase.

Not sure if I have seen one of the Frog boards in person, but I have a Manderson board and that thing is super square and kind of big and blunt in overall feel.

Examples with board pics - they sure do look very similar here:

https://www.tactics.com/frog/milic-goodbye-838-skateboard-deck

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/anderson-overheated-838-skateboard-deck/yellow

Barbados Slim

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4928 on: April 25, 2024, 03:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could be wrong but I thought the Frog board was 14.38 wheelbase and not quite so squared off, but from looking online I see a few places have it as 14.38 and a few as 14.25 wheelbase.

Not sure if I have seen one of the Frog boards in person, but I have a Manderson board and that thing is super square and kind of big and blunt in overall feel.

Examples with board pics - they sure do look very similar here:

https://www.tactics.com/frog/milic-goodbye-838-skateboard-deck

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/anderson-overheated-838-skateboard-deck/yellow

Hmmm yeah I was going off the frog website which has it at 8.38 x 32.00 x 14.25. Looking at a bunch of each on tactics I can’t tell the difference. The tail maaaybe but I think it might just be photo or my eyes tricking me.

Shtonk

• Rep: -357
« Reply #4929 on: April 26, 2024, 12:42:43 PM »
Is Jenkem Mag currently down?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4930 on: April 26, 2024, 02:21:01 PM »
Is Jenkem Mag currently down?
Looks like they are back up.

Has anyone tried to DIY hollow bolts like the ace. Tried it a couple days ago with some indy bolts and a drill but my bit broke.

biaherl

• Rep: 268
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #4931 on: April 26, 2024, 02:58:22 PM »
Has anyone tried to DIY hollow bolts like the ace. Tried it a couple days ago with some indy bolts and a drill but my bit broke.

Never a kingpin but I've drilled holes lengthwise through bolts skinnier than kingpins, I've done it free hand on a pinch too. Start with centering the bolt properly with a scratch and a tap. Use a skinnier bit and move up from there. Use a lot of tapping oil or gel something better than wd40 (unless that's all got). Go slow RPMs and listen for the cut

You got me thinking but I don't have the guts to try it

Shtonk

• Rep: -357
« Reply #4932 on: April 27, 2024, 03:23:25 AM »
That sounds like so much more effort than trying to source them from the internet? Surely they exist as Stock parts out there? A standard issue metal drill bit should be absolute toast after making it through that entire bolt so even if you're not figuring in your own time, it sounds more expensive purely on material as well

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #4933 on: April 27, 2024, 04:14:17 AM »
Has Frank Gerwer ever had a thrasher cover?

DERBY

• Rep: 261
« Reply #4934 on: April 27, 2024, 06:20:41 AM »
looking at that manderson shape makes me wanna skate a squared shape again. might give that shape a shot eventually. there’s something about square decks that screams summer and nostalgia to me

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 97
« Reply #4935 on: April 27, 2024, 10:47:26 AM »

I looked and could only find a cover he had for Skateboarder and his name in text on a thrasher Nyjah cover

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #4936 on: April 27, 2024, 11:13:13 AM »
Are the venture 6.1 hollow hangers the same as the regular non hollow ones? Are they interchangeable?
Thx!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4937 on: April 27, 2024, 07:10:05 PM »
Are the venture 6.1 hollow hangers the same as the regular non hollow ones? Are they interchangeable?
Thx!

Yes everything is mix and match as you like with any current product, from what I have done in the last year or so for others - swapped forged baseplates with cast baseplates, different hangers onto different baseplates, etc.

There were a few funny things, maybe more so when the kingpins were silver after 2020 - 2021 but I think everything now has been very much back to normal, so even older truck parts still match up fine with newer ones.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4938 on: April 28, 2024, 12:53:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I looked and could only find a cover he had for Skateboarder and his name in text on a thrasher Nyjah cover

Yeah same. Crazy that he has been pro for ages and never got one. Like I don't think Jake would have blocked it but after hearing about Grosso you never know.

djoekr

• Rep: 303
« Reply #4939 on: April 28, 2024, 02:14:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah same. Crazy that he has been pro for ages and never got one. Like I don't think Jake would have blocked it but after hearing about Grosso you never know.

What about Grosso?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4940 on: April 28, 2024, 06:54:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What about Grosso?
Jake wouldn't give him a cover, they had some beef or some shit

DERBY

« Reply #4941 on: April 29, 2024, 03:21:39 PM »
sorry cant really tell but are these fastbreaks all leather or nylon mix?

https://laborskateshop.com/products/converse-fastbreak-pro-mid-white-light-blue

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4942 on: April 29, 2024, 04:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What about Grosso?
[close]
Jake wouldn't give him a cover, they had some beef or some shit

@5:00, from the horses mouth. Doesn't detail why, but says he "never will". Sorry to be dark, but it only took him passing away for Thrasher to award him that....

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
« Reply #4943 on: April 29, 2024, 04:37:14 PM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4944 on: April 29, 2024, 05:10:32 PM »
What's gonna happen to all these Chinese brands. Will Indy be of liberal communism on Indian Labor by 2026.

Maybe they'll give um back the cross. ::). Maybe they can get an upgrade out them cats...... "You know that wasn't invented by them (us).. it was in use way before the war.yesssssssssssssssss.... (Waiting for reacts)

-rando creep from fb reissue page

Just switch to ventures and love each other. Or ride aces. Let it die.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4945 on: April 30, 2024, 03:18:20 AM »
I'm going for a bold move and going to try Vans or Last Resort vulcs. Simply bored of skating New Balance for the last two years, duo to their superiroity! Vans Old Skool or Last Resort VM001?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4946 on: April 30, 2024, 04:55:21 AM »
I'm going for a bold move and going to try Vans or Last Resort vulcs. Simply bored of skating New Balance for the last two years, duo to their superiroity! Vans Old Skool or Last Resort VM001?
Dude, don't...
If you want to switch a little bit get some Blazers or something
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DERBY

« Reply #4947 on: April 30, 2024, 06:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nylon mix

thx will pass on these then

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4948 on: April 30, 2024, 09:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

nylon mix
[close]

thx will pass on these then

They last tho. I got 3 months out of my last pairs
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #4949 on: April 30, 2024, 10:54:28 AM »
How often do the skate warehouse site wide sales happen? Or is it not likely this year with that whole settlement?