Author Topic: Montreal  (Read 10576 times)

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
Re: Montreal
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »
What are other cool skateshops? not trying to stand in line to get into Dime.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 03:49:24 PM »

Dime is amazing and last time I went there wasn't a line.

The dudes at the shop near Verdun skatepark are friendly. I don't know much about them, but when I ran into get something they were cool.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2019, 04:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The dudes at the shop near Verdun skatepark are friendly. I don't know much about them, but when I ran into get something they were cool.

Thanks! What time/day of the week did you go to Dime? I only have today around 13:30 as a point of reference

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks! What time/day of the week did you go to Dime? I only have today around 13:30 as a point of reference
Yeah, I was staying near there on Saint Laurant for a buddy's bachelor party and never saw a line and this was end of May at all times of the day.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 12:22:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah, I was staying near there on Saint Laurant for a buddy's bachelor party and never saw a line and this was end of May at all times of the day.

thx bro. I think it was because their new fall stuff had just dropped. Will def stop by in a day or two.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

thx bro. I think it was because their new fall stuff had just dropped. Will def stop by in a day or two.

I've never seen a line at Dime either, but also never been around for a drop. Shops actually never been busy at all when I've been there. The dudes that work there are super friendly. Ask to see the Montreal spot book (print copy of the one on their website) if you're trying to skate the city at all. I also like Bifteck, a dive bar, just a few doors down Saint Laurent.

Love Skate mag

• Rep: 9
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
just a few blocks from the Dime store, you got cool skateshop called Skull Central: 4302 Boul St-Laurent

on the east side you got the Rollin shop straight front of the metro Prefontaine, and the skatepark, and the famous steep bank: 3119 Rue Hochelaga

the shop close to the Verdun skatepark is the Outlaw shop: 3753 Rue Wellington, Verdun

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 96
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
Bumping this to see if there’s any new info / recommendations on Montreal.
Anybody got any new suggestions for spots or anything else worth checking out?
I’m staying in downtown for the next 5 days, only using public transit to get around.

I’ve read everything in this thread and lurked the dime spot book. Warmed up at verdun today, checked some spots downtown and ended it at Big O. Tough to skate! Hoping Glory Challenge doesn’t get rained out.
Thanks everyone.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
big climate march tomorrow with Greta, it's gonna be epic. Forget the politics of it, human take over of the city stopping traffic with a couple hundred thousand (predicted 300 000) people is not something you get to do often in life, see you  there. Starts at the foot of the mountain.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-climate-march-1.5297442
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:25:49 PM by botefdunn »

FacetSquared

• Rep: 7
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2021, 08:07:18 AM »
Hey homies. I totally understand if people don’t want to share, for fear of blowing up a non-kick out garage, but does anyone have any recommendations for enclosed or warmer parking garages to skate in winter that aren’t a big bust?

Hope you’re well <3